• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi BBR MU Discusion: Falco

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Alright, so as most of you probably know, the bbr is working on a complete matchup chart. Polt and I have been debating on the falco matchup for almost two weeks now. Polt strongly believes it is a -2 matchup(solid disadvantage/soft counter), while I believe it is -1(slight disadvantage).

Here is my opinions on the matchup.

Laser does not true combo into DACUS on a grounded target ever.

His jab being 1 frame faster than us does not mean we can't do anything to him in close range. Nair and jab are both frame 3, also our grab and tilts have more range than his jab.

Side b does not give us that much trouble. He's only immune the first 1/3 of the actual dash. He is vulnerable during the startup and the rest of the side b.

We gimp falco extremely hard, and a single grab leads to him being offstage. Falco has a terrible recovery, and our chaingrab to grab release offstage puts him in a TERRIBLE position.
Falco's recovery is far worse than wolfs. Fox gives up a few frames on his side b for a far better dj with rising fair and an up b that goes further. It's hard to really say one is better than the other.

Falco is extremely vulnerable offstage. I'm not saying 1 grab should equal a stock, but once you get used to falco's limited recovery options, you should be gimping him somewhat often.

If we are close to falco, our jab is one frame slower than his. ONE FRAME. It is also only strong if we are grounded in close range, which the only time we should be there is if he shields/spotdodges or he approaches us. In both situations he can't jab instantly.

Falco's side b all the time when it isn't safe. It's a mixup. If you predict it, yoshi has the tools to punish it (nair is relatively safe if you misread. Downsmash makes for a great hard read.) . If you can't predict a side b, then you will get hit by it, this is true when you are edgeguarding and falco and when he is onstage.
It isn't easy for falco to get in close range without getting punished. Falco doesn't have good options to get in from mid to close, and we can punish anything he can do at mid range. Most of it we can punish ON REACTION. (lasers, DA, Roll)
Polt go ahead and post your side of the debate. Everyone else, opinions?

D

Deleted member

I agree with hades, since nobody in the BBR will listen to falco yoshi being even, its prolly 45:55(im not exactly sure what your numbers mean).
You should discuss how yoshi can get a ton of damage off juggles and reading landings.
I mostly agree with Hades though, nice work :D

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
To me Falco MU can be 55:45 depending on both players actions during the fight.

For Actual in-game fighting, It's a bit annoying to deal with laser spam since aside from DJ Heavy armor, it stops us in most of our approaches, but we can get around that and gimp him real easily once he's offstage.
For the few Falcos i've played, the way I usually deal with them is not allow the Falco user to run and go a far enough range to just laser spam, Read them enough to get a stock lead by the smallest mistake they make by juggling them around with Egglay and Nair. Or I usually approach with Bair to beat most of the moves Falco uses once you get close in his face.

For in-Air approaches, I go with Eggtoss since the most probable move they'll use if we were to chase after them in the air is Nair or Bair. At rare occasions i'd go with Egglay and chain it about two more times and maybe a Uair in while still in the egg and result in close to 25%

If he does get away with running away to camp with lasers, I usually camp back atleast mid range still and throw a couple of eggs and once high enough percentage try and approach and hopefully the Falco will think we're actually doing a desperate move and do the same and attack with DACUS or grab and most likely punish with either Nair or Pivot grab.

For grabbing, that's what makes most MU's these days and in this case it's mostly who grabs first gets a small lead, or if not careful a Stock lead. Falco has the CG to Dair spike if we aren't careful, and jab to Grab which Yoshi doesn't like.
When I grab and miss the second, I punish their roll they usually use to avoid the probable third, and attack them with a Fsmash if they roll forward. Or go with a Standing grab if they roll back and try to Grab or Fsmash you.
*Half done, Need to think about MU more*

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I've always thought it to be borderline 45:55 and 40:60, but he's the easiest spacie for sure

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
im gonna say 40:60 Falco.

ive been kinda out of it, but i still see no solid way of approaching a falco without eating a bunch of lasers, DJ heavy armor only goes so far.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I have to find all of my points? Fine... =/

OK, dedicating my 3000th post to this match-up discussion. Here are my thoughts.

Falco is a character that has quick, strong, high-priority moves that do very well to zone Yoshi. To be honest, it's hard to come up with a situation in which we have the positional advantage. The only time when Falco is not a clear danger to Yoshi is when he is above Yoshi. So what should we do in the match-up? Keep him above Yoshi.

Falco, thankfully, doesn't do so well when it comes to being juggled. His d-air has a large amount of range, yes, but Yoshi should never contest it. Instead, he should predict where and when it is going to be used and punish Falco for doing that move with a pivot-grab. Do the same for when he air-dodges. If Falco side-B's try to predict where he'll land and punish with Egg Toss. The only time Yoshi should attempt to directly beat out Falco in the air is when he's susceptible to being KO'ed by a u-air.

Of course, that's only one example of how this match-up plays out. If Yoshi goes aggro he's going to get *****, no questions asked. What this match-up should be is a battle of wits. Falco can easily shut down Yoshi when they are fighting head on with his own moveset, but a smart Yoshi player has a significantly better chance than one not using his head (in every sense of the word). The main objective is to keep Falco above you, where he fares worse against Yoshi than if he is on the ground.

Off-stage is also a good way to gain the positional advantage, but be careful about which moves you'll use to put him there. F-smash should only be used to punish his landing lag and d-smash is extremely punishable by Falco if he shields it, but d-tilt and the chain-grab are very good for putting him off-stage. Also, his vertical recovery is very bad and you should be able to gimp him every time he attempts to use it, but I don't recommend contesting his side-B offstage. It's super quick and spikes you, so if you mess up it puts Yoshi in a very bad position and completely shifts the positional advantage to Falco.

Yoshi should usually be killing Falco with u-air around 120% and up-smash around 145%, possibly f-smash at 100% if you get a hard read. Falco should be killing Yoshi with b-air and up-smash at around 150%. His d-smash isn't much of a kill move if DI'ed right and his f-smash should only hit you if you are careless (it has a large hitbubble that extends behind and above him, so be careful.

Basically, play smart and play safe. Know your safe zones and your position relative to Falco. You should do just fine playing cautiously and patiently. :)

:069:
As for Falco, I disagree with you on one point: that we do well close-range. The main point of this match-up is to out-space and predict Falco. Yoshi gets absolutely destroyed close-range, because we don't have anything that can beat his 2-frame jab and other ground moves. However, spacing would enable Yoshi to clash with Falco on the ground. Staying mid-range is critical for the match-up (oh, and keeping him above you).

The fact that it requires such precise play is why I have him as a -2. Falco doesn't need to be nearly as precise to beat Yoshi; he definitely has an easier time fighting Yoshi in this match-up than Yoshi has fighting Falco. It's a match-up in which messing up gives Falco an opportunity to really damage Yoshi. There's just no way I can give this match-up a -1 in good conscience. It doesn't look remotely even to me.

Yoshi's grab is great against Falco, but Falco beats Yoshi in most situations. Unless Falco is above Yoshi or off-stage, Falco has the positional advantage. He easily beats Yoshi in camping, on the ground, and in the air. While we do well against him when he's above us, the main problem is actually getting him in the air. Smart Falco players are able to keep Yoshi at bay and give him a hard time. If they do go into the air, then they would do anything they could to minimize the damage the can take.

If Yoshi is fighting a smart Falco player, then it's extremely hard to break through his defenses. Smart play from Yoshi is a must, or else Yoshi will get owned by Falco's superior moveset.

Hades, look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j1k-I_bo6A&playnext=1&list=PL44AB11096435281E

The hitbubbles for Falco's f-air and n-air (especially) are quite large. Yoshi's b-air may be able to beat Falco's f-air, but certainly not Falco's n-air. So, if he's facing you in the air he's not totally defenseless unlike some characters (DK, Mario, Snake, Ice Climbers, etc.).

:069: ...Now that I think about it, how come Yoshi doesn't have a hitbubble video? :(
As I mentioned before, the main problem I find with Falco is that Yoshi is in a positional disadvantage about 80% of the time. It's not like Yoshi can't deal with this, it's just makes it harder to get some damage on Falco. That alone makes it -1, even with the stuff we have on him.

The thing is, he also has a couple of moves that really limit Yoshi. First off, his down-B makes eggs useless, especially ECE. This, coupled with his laser, makes it impossible for Yoshi to win a long-range battle. Secondly, while his side-B is quite punishable when he's using it for recovery, it's not so punishable when he's using it on stage. He can use it to easily escape pressure due to its invincibility frames, and Yoshi can't do much to punish it unless he predicts it. Then, there's his jab. This forces Yoshi to fight mid-range against Falco because otherwise jab will beat out all of Yoshi's ground moves.

You also mentioned that he has no kill set-ups. While he is no Diddy, his laser does well to set-up into his DACUS, which goes really far when performed perfectly (which a lot of Falcos tend to do now :(). That move (and b-air) are really dangerous when Yoshi gets to the kill percentages.

I never said that Laser combos into his DACUS. It just sets it up nicely, particularly if Yoshi is in the air.

Falco's jab is extremely annoying. It's not like Yoshi can't fight Falco close-range, it's just that he's disadvantaged doing so because Falco has a lot of good close-ranged moves, like his jab and grab. This is why I said that it's recommended to fight Falco mid-range (which you posted to that effect).

Falco wouldn't be side-B'ing if it's not safe to do so. It becomes very annoying if Falco plays the keep-away game. =/

Also, I wouldn't say Falco is that easy to gimp. He's not Link, you know. I think he also has the best recovery out of all of the Spacies since he recovers a lot faster than they do, at least.

I think Wolf's recovery is WAY worse than Falco's. His up-B is terrible and his side-B is really easy to hit him out of. Falco is like that but to a lesser extent. At least he's able to retain some momentum from his up-B and has a side-B that goes farther, has little ending lag, and is slightly harder to edge-guard. For some reason I also find Fox easier to edge-guard, but that's just me and my extremely limited Fox experience (I didn't even put a number for him, as shown below).

One frame can make a load of difference, Hades. Let's say that you clank with Falco on something. His jab will beat out any move you can throw out, so all that's left is to shield, which may still not work depending on how far away Falco is. So now you're shielding against Falco. This is a terrible situation because Falco can so easily apply shield-pressure with his ground game, and Yoshi's lack of OoS options prevent him from punishing Falco.

I mentioned that Falco's side-B is indeed punishable if you predict it. >.>

There, that's all of the Falco-relevant stuff that I've posted. Man, we've talked a lot.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I agree with poltergust. It feels like most of the time falco has the better options. I want to say that falco doesn't have to approach, and that means something, but I'm not sure if it's entirely accurate. Eggs are good too.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, I think it's fine posting this since we are so deadlocked in the discussion.

IW, Falco never has to approach. That is correct. His lasers and reflector are too good at stopping Yoshi's camping, I'm afraid. Eggs have limited use in this match-up. =/

hadesblade

Smash Lord
You guys are allowed to post this?
We aren't leaking anything. I posted my opinion on the yoshi falco matchup, and polt posted his. They are things we could have posted in a normal matchup thread. The bbr working on a matchup chart is public knowledge, and we are encouraged to ask other people if we need help with a mu.

Also I only quoted myself. Polt only quoted himself. I literally ran around for like 30 minutes trying to make sure this was okay before I posted it because I didn't want to get in trouble xD.

On topic, please say what it is that you agree with in our posts. Saying "I agree with hades" or "I agree with polt" doesn't really give us anything to go off of, or help us get closer to an agreement. Also I doubt any of you agree with every sentence in all of mine or polts posts. If you want to help, pick out things in our posts that you strongly agree or disagree with and explain why.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Polt's stuff:

Falco, thankfully, doesn't do so well when it comes to being juggled. His d-air has a large amount of range, yes, but Yoshi should never contest it. Instead, he should predict where and when it is going to be used and punish Falco for doing that move with a pivot-grab. Do the same for when he air-dodges. If Falco side-B's try to predict where he'll land and punish with Egg Toss. The only time Yoshi should attempt to directly beat out Falco in the air is when he's susceptible to being KO'ed by a u-air.
Massive disagreement here. If you never try to go head on in the air, it gives your opponent a much easier time when landing. In fact, this allows them to take bigger risks, like Phantasming away, since they know you won't attack their fall, so the start up becomes safe. This forces you to predict where they'll land, which is awful. You just lost all momentum. A proper mix up of Uairing, Usmashing, and pivot grab would be an effective way to juggle Falco.

If Yoshi goes aggro he's going to get *****, no questions asked. What this match-up should be is a battle of wits. Falco can easily shut down Yoshi when they are fighting head on with his own moveset, but a smart Yoshi player has a significantly better chance than one not using his head (in every sense of the word)
Playing smart goes without saying when you use a low tier character.

Yoshi should definitely be going aggro once you get in on Falco. That's your time to add on a LOT of damage. Keeping up a fast pace at that point will scare the CRAP out of your opponent. I've done it, and I've had it happen to me. It's not fun. It's a good way to keep pressure and add damage. Go aggro once you have momentum, it's important. Just be cautious when getting in, and know when it's time to pull back.

Yoshi and Falco almost never attack head on anyways. It's all about who read who, and who punished who for what. A matchup based entirely on reads is even.

but I don't recommend contesting his side-B offstage. It's super quick and spikes you, so if you mess up it puts Yoshi in a very bad position and completely shifts the positional advantage to Falco.
Throw out a nair when he Phantasms. If you don't hit him out of it, you'll clank, every time. No reason not to challenge him offstage.

Yoshi gets absolutely destroyed close-range, because we don't have anything that can beat his 2-frame jab and other ground moves. However, spacing would enable Yoshi to clash with Falco on the ground. Staying mid-range is critical for the match-up (oh, and keeping him above you).

The fact that it requires such precise play is why I have him as a -2. Falco doesn't need to be nearly as precise to beat Yoshi; he definitely has an easier time fighting Yoshi in this match-up than Yoshi has fighting Falco. It's a match-up in which messing up gives Falco an opportunity to really damage Yoshi. There's just no way I can give this match-up a -1 in good conscience. It doesn't look remotely even to me.
Falco only beats us close range assuming both players inputted their fastest move (jab) at the same time. How often does that happen, outside of a clank? And we don't clank Falco often either. Really only when he Phantasms. DJ Nair gets us out of ANY of us jab shenanigans, except maybe straight jab combo. If he tries to do a mix up, it'll hit him. His jab isn't safe.

Falco needs to be INCREDIBLY precise when playing this match up. ONE mistake and we grab him. This grab puts him offstage. This positioning leads to a lot of damage, a potential gimp, and a massive deficit.

Yoshi needs to be precise on his reads. You need to get that read to get the massive damage in. Falco needs to read Yoshi to stop him from ****** him.

The thing is, he also has a couple of moves that really limit Yoshi. First off, his down-B makes eggs useless, especially ECE. This, coupled with his laser, makes it impossible for Yoshi to win a long-range battle. Secondly, while his side-B is quite punishable when he's using it for recovery, it's not so punishable when he's using it on stage. He can use it to easily escape pressure due to its invincibility frames, and Yoshi can't do much to punish it unless he predicts it. Then, there's his jab. This forces Yoshi to fight mid-range against Falco because otherwise jab will beat out all of Yoshi's ground moves.
You suck at camping. lrn2Deltacod.

You can hit him with eggs by arcing them over the reflector. You can hit him as he's firing lasers. By using ECE, and forcing him to reflect, you've created an opening to return to the stage on. It doesn't get you direct damage, but it gives you a window of opportunity to get back to a more favorable position.

While Phantasm isn't directly punishable when he uses it onstage, as he's sliding around from it, he's pushed to near the ledge. This limits his options. He's most likely going to try to Phantasm back through again, to reach a more centered position. This makes him predictable. Then you get a read. Then you get massive damage.

His jab isn't that good.

One frame can make a load of difference, Hades. Let's say that you clank with Falco on something. His jab will beat out any move you can throw out, so all that's left is to shield, which may still not work depending on how far away Falco is. So now you're shielding against Falco. This is a terrible situation because Falco can so easily apply shield-pressure with his ground game, and Yoshi's lack of OoS options prevent him from punishing Falco.
We almost never clank with Falco on the ground. This is entirely irrelevant.

Your main complaint seems to be that we can't do anything to Falco because he can run away all day and he beats us directly on the ground (by like, 1 frame, which really doesn't matter practically). We absolutely wreck Falco once we land a hit. ONE FF Bair, ONE Usmash, ONE grab, and he's gonna be hurting.

Also, if you're at extreme percents, especially when you're a stock up, stop approaching. It doesn't matter at that point how much laser damage you take. And forcing Falco to approach is a very good situation. ;D

Hades, I generally agree with you, although you were much more vague overall, so it's really just your concepts that I like. Which is fine by me.

Also, I believe CG>Spike is guaranteed at a certain ledge spacing. Just so you're aware, it'd be neat to try out.

One last thing, camp Falco until you're out of CG range. There's no point in taking easy 60-80% off one grab early on. Take it easy, eat lasers, try to trade with eggs, until you're free. 40% is about the mark to look for.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
One last thing, camp Falco until you're out of CG range. There's no point in taking easy 60-80% off one grab early on. Take it easy, eat lasers, try to trade with eggs, until you're free. 40% is about the mark to look for.
Dear God this ^
Taking 60+ and possibly being offstage because you tried to be extra greedy and get a bair in is really dumb.

His reflector is a ***** but if you time/throw your eggs right most of them should get through. Even if he does reflect them back at you, since you probably took a lazer after throwing the egg you wont have any of the endlag so at the very least you can safely shield it.

D

Deleted member

I disagree, just dont be in grab range lol.
Theres no reason to put yourself at a disadvantage when the character can beat yoshi just fine without chaingrabbing. I just put midrange pressure and bait rolls into yoshi and punish with pivot grabs. Downthrow and upthrow both **** falco real bad, and usmash and grabs on landing are tasty.

Make him need that grab, and make him try hard to get it =]

Shiri I think its an even matchup in practice but on paper i would agree to a slight disadvantage for yoshi. Idk how that works lolz

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Eh, it all depends on how you perceive the risk/reward of that, Socks.

By playing it that way, you don't take the laser damage, and, if you succeed, you get a lot of damage off fast without taking any preliminary. However, if you mess up, you're taking 60% and you're in an awful spot.

By playing it safe until you're out of free damage range, you're adding in chip damage with eggs, not taking a lot of damage quickly, which can mess with your mentality (seriously, going from like, 0-60% in 3 seconds is NOT fun), and it guarantees you won't get gimped by CG > Spike > footstool or whatnot.

They're both different methods for different players.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It's not so much camping safely as it is trading projectiles. We just do more damage, and if we hit with one egg we can chain a couple before Falco can get into his groove again. You gotta aim for where he'll be when he's firing a laser, otherwise he reflects it. It's not easy at all, just a way to get out of CG percents and tack on damage. Or to prolong your stock when you're at like, 150% or over.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Polt, do you disagree with what delta and stocky are saying? Do you still feel like this is definitely -2?

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
You have to throw the egg directly after you get hit with a lazer, otherwise it doesn't work. He still hits you with lazers, but trading hits works to yoshi's favor. I tried this out with our falco player and he said as long as he dodges while in the air instead of firing another lazer when the egg is flying towards him, he will not get hit. Both yoshi and falco have to maintain the same pattern for this to work however.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Polt, do you disagree with what delta and stocky are saying? Do you still feel like this is definitely -2?
Yeah, I mostly disagree with the whole camping Falco part. I can understand doing this to avoid the chain-grab, but I don't think it's possible to hit a competent Falco with a single egg. I'd rather just approach Falco and possibly do a lot more damage than attempt to camp with eggs that have an extremely low chance of hitting. Greater risk/greater reward.

I'm waiting to here what the others have to say, too.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Already posted most of what I think.
But about that camping thing and Wad mentioning "Patterns" in his last post
I play against Falco in friendlies alot. And most of the time even if we both use our moves (B, and Egg Toss) At the same time I still get hit by the laser while Falco usually sheilds it since less cooldown from using his laser. Sometimes it hits but again it's mostly Falco Laser > Yoshi Egg toss when done at nearly the same time and who gets hit first.

Sharky

Smash Master
polt's stuff:

Massive disagreement here. If you never try to go head on in the air, it gives your opponent a much easier time when landing. In fact, this allows them to take bigger risks, like phantasming away, since they know you won't attack their fall, so the start up becomes safe. This forces you to predict where they'll land, which is awful. You just lost all momentum. A proper mix up of uairing, usmashing, and pivot grab would be an effective way to juggle falco.

Playing smart goes without saying when you use a low tier character.

Yoshi should definitely be going aggro once you get in on falco. That's your time to add on a lot of damage. Keeping up a fast pace at that point will scare the crap out of your opponent. I've done it, and i've had it happen to me. It's not fun. It's a good way to keep pressure and add damage. Go aggro once you have momentum, it's important. Just be cautious when getting in, and know when it's time to pull back.

Yoshi and falco almost never attack head on anyways. It's all about who read who, and who punished who for what. A matchup based entirely on reads is even.

throw out a nair when he phantasms. If you don't hit him out of it, you'll clank, every time. No reason not to challenge him offstage.

Falco only beats us close range assuming both players inputted their fastest move (jab) at the same time. How often does that happen, outside of a clank? And we don't clank falco often either. Really only when he phantasms. dj nair gets us out of any of us jab shenanigans, except maybe straight jab combo. If he tries to do a mix up, it'll hit him. His jab isn't safe.

Falco needs to be incredibly precise when playing this match up. One mistake and we grab him. This grab puts him offstage. This positioning leads to a lot of damage, a potential gimp, and a massive deficit.

Yoshi needs to be precise on his reads. You need to get that read to get the massive damage in. Falco needs to read yoshi to stop him from ****** him.

You suck at camping. Lrn2deltacod.

You can hit him with eggs by arcing them over the reflector. You can hit him as he's firing lasers. By using ece, and forcing him to reflect, you've created an opening to return to the stage on. It doesn't get you direct damage, but it gives you a window of opportunity to get back to a more favorable position.

While phantasm isn't directly punishable when he uses it onstage, as he's sliding around from it, he's pushed to near the ledge. This limits his options. He's most likely going to try to phantasm back through again, to reach a more centered position. This makes him predictable. Then you get a read. Then you get massive damage.

His jab isn't that good.

We almost never clank with falco on the ground. This is entirely irrelevant.

Your main complaint seems to be that we can't do anything to falco because he can run away all day and he beats us directly on the ground (by like, 1 frame, which really doesn't matter practically). We absolutely wreck falco once we land a hit. One ff bair, one usmash, one grab, and he's gonna be hurting.

Also, if you're at extreme percents, especially when you're a stock up, stop approaching. It doesn't matter at that point how much laser damage you take. And forcing falco to approach is a very good situation. ;d

hades, i generally agree with you, although you were much more vague overall, so it's really just your concepts that i like. Which is fine by me.

Also, i believe cg>spike is guaranteed at a certain ledge spacing. Just so you're aware, it'd be neat to try out.

One last thing, camp falco until you're out of cg range. There's no point in taking easy 60-80% off one grab early on. Take it easy, eat lasers, try to trade with eggs, until you're free. 40% is about the mark to look for.
THIS IS NOT THE DELTACOD I ONCE KNEW!!!

deltaFRAUD!!! said:
lrn2deltacod
LIAR!!!!!!

[size=-5]caps[/size]

also so I keep my clean record I used to hate this mu but I'm starting to think it isn't so bad at all, like delta is saying just a good mix of precise camping and hard body aggro.

also out of curiousity

damn

edit: OH **** THEY UNCENSORED DAMN!!!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
LOL Sharky. I sorta lost my patience for camping with my 3-4 month break. Aggro is fun and stuff. And it's paying off. I still need to relearn my camp though, or just get the mentality back. Sometimes I get ***** for it. =/

But yeah, Falco is fun to juggle. And if you trade Uair for Dair while above stage, you shouldn't care. Tech it and follow up. He just gave you a jump back faster. :bee:

hadesblade

Smash Lord
The camping thing works if you get the timing right, but falco can just delay his next jump if theres an egg in the air until he shields it. It's when he jumps as you are tossing an egg that he gets hit. Once he figures it out then it doesn't work anymore.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Yeah, I mostly disagree with the whole camping Falco part. I can understand doing this to avoid the chain-grab, but I don't think it's possible to hit a competent Falco with a single egg. I'd rather just approach Falco and possibly do a lot more damage than attempt to camp with eggs that have an extremely low chance of hitting. Greater risk/greater reward.

You say he ***** us close range but you'd rather approach him than take at the most 2% from each lazer with a possibility of 9% damage with eggs? Im not saying Approaching his is a bad idea because TBH he isn't that difficult to deal with close up when you compare him to others.

My input is just about what was said before. Camp until out of CG range or if you dont want to camp just stay mid range and don't do anything stupid to get you grabbed. Mid range is my favorite place to be when im not camping in this matchup. Falcos don't seem to know what to do when you get here. Its like Limbo or something. They get defensive, Shields spot dodges jabs or phantasming away. This is where you attempt your bairs, pivot grabs all that good stuff.

If you get a Grab on him you have 2 options, go for a CG to take him offstage and attempt a gimp or Upthrow/Dthrow and go for a juggle. Keep in mind that if you aren't spaced right he'll just auto grab the ledge. Also I'm at least 80% sure its not guarantee'd but you can CG spike him depending on your spacing and it will probably hit if they aren't expecting it. If you go for the second option just keep an eye on his habits after the throw. I like to Walk to his weaker side in the air and look at how he reacts to it. He gets juggled like a ***** if you know what you're doing and you can get some pretty hard punishes if you get a good read too.

I really want to call this matchup even but it doesn't sound even on paper to me lol so i guess it would be a -1 by BBR standards?

D

Deleted member

I didnt say anything about camping falco, what could you disagree with me on.
I hrd u lost to tairants falco

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
^Yes, but I JV 2-stocked his MK. Heh, I didn't even know I was fighting him until after the MM. I need to remember people's faces better. :laugh:

Celestial, I said that staying mid-range against Falco is the best way to fight him. >.>

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
^Yes, but I JV 2-stocked his MK. Heh, I didn't even know I was fighting him until after the MM. I need to remember people's faces better. :laugh:

Celestial, I said that staying mid-range against Falco is the best way to fight him. >.>

I thought you said he beats us at that range too but nvm you said he beats us in the air (I still don't get that). The only part of what i said that was talking to you was the first paragraph btw if that was unclear

Top Bottom