• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi mains veiw on the mk ban

SOVAman

Smash Hero
What do you other yoshi mains stand on the ban.

Pro ban??? if yes why

No Ban????? if yes why

A top mk player that knows the yoshi match up will not loss to Yoshi. There where times when good mks lost to players like bwett but I still think a TOP mks, knowledgeable about the match-up, can easily abuse Yoshi's weaknesses and come out on top almost every time.

I am pro ban for a few reasons and would like to know yours. A few reasons I want him banned are: To bring more variety to community and less arguing over whether or not he should be banned, ROB and a lot of other good character wont be completely un-viable do to metaknight. Also more variety in tourney results. Singles will be more fun and people wont just CP or start with mk like 50% of the time. There are more reasons but that are just a few. I am curious to know how other Yoshi mains stand on the ban????

.Marik

is a social misfit
I honestly don't know. I refuse to participate in the "Should MetaKnight Be Banned?" threads for reasons already mentioned in the Yoshi General Discussion.

Bleh, I hate these discussions and what results of them. >_>

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Yea there is never going to be an end to discussion.

If they don't ban him people *****

If they do. People will most likely *****

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'm neither pro-ban nor anti-ban, mostly because I feel I have too little experience in the competitive Brawl community to make a fair judgement. I've seen both arguments and considered both points of view, and I can't say I have a strong opinion either way. I would, however, be very interested in seeing how the metagame would continue to grow without Metaknight.

Until I experience a community with Metaknight dominance, I will maintain my neutral stance. I play in a region where nobody places with MK, so there's really no way I can say I'm familiar with the problem.

:005:

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I'm neither pro-ban nor anti-ban, mostly because I feel I have too little experience in the competitive Brawl community to make a fair judgement. I've seen both arguments and considered both points of view, and I can't say I have a strong opinion either way. I would, however, be very interested in seeing how the metagame would continue to grow without Metaknight.

Until I experience a community with Metaknight dominance, I will maintain my neutral stance. I play in a region where nobody places with MK, so there's really no way I can say I'm familiar with the problem.

:005:
BEST GOD **** ANSWER

I HAVE SEEN IN MY GOD **** LIFE

you win

how pro is firefly

/discuss

Depster

Smash Champion
I'm anti ban just because it's obvious that MK can be beaten, and we would get even less popular since having the CG on him is something we're famous for... I'm up for a lengthy soft ban, but a permaban... naw

bigman40

Smash Master
I don't even care for the debate much as either way, it'll be hard for us as Yoshi mains. The real question is, which route is harder? Having more MKs to fight? Or having more top tiers to fight (Snake,Wario, Falco, Marth, Diddy)? Honestly, Meta and Snake are both super broken and Wario is broken in terms of how safe he can be from camping. So, I'd just stay neutral as we have complainers and *****es on both sides of the arguments no matter what the SBR chooses.

Edit: Also, the best summary of the MK Ban thread is in my sig. That post will always be better than anyone's post that summarizes that thread.

Dbl edit to post the link -
Mk Ban Summary:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....&postcount=647

......Zuzuzu......

D

Deleted member

I'm slightly tilted toward pro ban, because:
1. MK annoys me a lot.
2. He really does overcentralize the metagame whether you think so or not. Just because 5 players can beat top Mks, does not mean he is balanced.
3. It'd be interesting to see what happens, especially with socal having almost no IC players, and IC's worst matchup being gone. Hmm...
4. Community may benifit from it
However after reading havok's blog (you should all read) http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=29140
I think that I have not been dedicated enough to learning the matchup, and I have never really needed to until now. Many of us say that MK is almost impossible at high levels of play, but really, who has put double digit hours practicing the matchup outside of tournaments. Not too many of us, and if he doesnt get banned (or maybe even if he does), im gonna step it up and get that matchup down.

I kinda feel bad for the MK mains too lol.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I don't really care either way anymore, although I voted proban because of peach board influence. TBH, as Havok mentioned, you have to spend double digits to learn the mk matchup where other matchups may take only an hour or two (depending on the person of course). IMO people shouldn't have to spend hours upon hours upon hours learning one matchup for a VIDEO GAME. So on one side, I can say it's fair to ban him because he overcentralizes the metagame, breaks the counterpick system, forces us to waste extra time on a video game when we could be doing something else (in fact that's what a lot of people did now isn't it) or learning multiple matchups, and simply because he is undoubtedly broken.

On the other hand, mk is not unbeatable and just because you use mk doesn't mean you'll win (bad mks lose all the time). Top level mks lose as well.

So honestly, idc whether he gets banned or not. If he does, great. If he doesn't, oh well it's not the end of the world. I'll spend my double digits of hours hanging out with friends and possibly learning the matchup over a long period of time instead of spending all day cramped up in a room desperately trying to learn an unwinnable matchup at a high level of play for the characters I use.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'm not sure. On one hand, the anti-ban arguments are a lot weaker than the pro-ban arguments, IMO. On the other hand, a lack of MKs means more Marths...

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I was always completely neutral on the matter, so my vote went out to whoever I thought had the better argument: the pro-ban side. I didn't feel comfortable going to either side, though. =(

:069:

Metatitan

Smash Master
I was always completely neutral on the matter, so my vote went out to whoever I thought had the better argument: the pro-ban side. I didn't feel comfortable going to either side, though. =(

:069:
I don't think anyone can deny that the proban side's argument kicked the **** out of the antiban. Mk will not get banned however. About 55-60% of people want him banned and that's not the 66% needed (note the 66% needed is in SBR votes and the 55-60% i mentioned is the general public). Idk what the SBR thinks but if its such a splitting matter it can't be overwhelming on either side. There will still be mk ban tournies though, which I hear are mega fun.

Airborne

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone can deny that the proban side's argument kicked the **** out of the antiban. Mk will not get banned however. About 55-60% of people want him banned and that's not the 66% needed (note the 66% needed is in SBR votes and the 55-60% i mentioned is the general public). Idk what the SBR thinks but if its such a splitting matter it can't be overwhelming on either side. There will still be mk ban tournies though, which I hear are mega fun.
actually, i think there might be far less people in the backroom that want him banned; i heard OS say once "there are some people in there that say 'well, he CAN be beaten', but...." and that's where my memory stops me... **** tournament being 3 months ago... -.-

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: When this poll is over and he stays tournament legal, I'm switching over.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I wonder if all the mains of a single character switched over to MK simultaneously, it would push MK to being banned. Imagine a coordinated swap of all the low tier mains.

The thought of this made me chuckle and now I have a smirk on my face that won't go away. Lol.

Shiri

Smash Chump
I wonder if all the mains of a single character switched over to MK simultaneously, it would push MK to being banned. Imagine a coordinated swap of all the low tier mains.

The thought of this made me chuckle and now I have a smirk on my face that won't go away. Lol.
:yoshi: It's a good feeling, isn't it? :D

P.S. -

=O we should all go mk if he's not banned. imagine the publicity... "Yoshi boards now MK Jr. boards"..... LES DO THIS
Yoshis are the only people who care about the Yoshi boards; there's no real publicity to be had. I'm doing it for the sake of my wallet. Meta Knight being legal is a way for me to beat the system. If you had the opportunity to drop a nuke on someone you didn't like and would face no legal repercussions, you would do it, too.

bibleonian

Smash Apprentice
I really don't care whether or not he gets banned or not. I'm going to be fighting other tough matchups anyways so I really don't care if he does. I think it's annoying how people keep arguing how they think he's cheap or broken. I'll still wind up facing tough matches without him there so keep him there if you want.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
This is a matchup i've trained alot, i do good against good mks, but on the other hand it would make things so much easier for me, lol, IDK WUT TO DO?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I hate topics like this...

Guys, take a ride on the roller coaster REALITY. MK will NEVER be banned. Too many stubborn people play as him, and can't explore the other sides of Brawl. Honestly, I think MK should be banned due to a severe unfair advantage vs MK in almost EVERY way. But, I think that if he doesn't get banned, and we wade it out, then MK will be like Sheik in melee. She was No. 1 forever, and near the end, she fell. I think Snake and Wario are the best 2 in the game personally, and whatever will happen will happen.

.Marik

is a social misfit
F*ck you Shiri, I trusted you. :[

It's either MetaKnights, which enables Yoshi to **** scrubby MetaKnights via ChainGrabs, but we'll most likely get ***** anyways, or it's Falco's/Snake's/Wario's and other characters that **** Yoshi.

FML.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I hate topics like this...

Guys, take a ride on the roller coaster REALITY. MK will NEVER be banned. Too many stubborn people play as him, and can't explore the other sides of Brawl. Honestly, I think MK should be banned due to a severe unfair advantage vs MK in almost EVERY way. But, I think that if he doesn't get banned, and we wade it out, then MK will be like Sheik in melee. She was No. 1 forever, and near the end, she fell. I think Snake and Wario are the best 2 in the game personally, and whatever will happen will happen.
You do realize you Necro'd this thread, right? And that the discussion was long over, right? And that the majority of us hardly cared, right? Right.

Marik, I feel your pain about Shiri. =[

.Marik

is a social misfit
Most definitely

if you don't shower before tourneys your performance goes down

polt
I just had this crazy idea.

What if Poltergust intentionally doesn't shower to distract and mindgame his opponents IRL with his awful smell so he wins Tournament matches?

Pretty clever.

Y05H!

Smash Cadet
With the exception of the BF debate, this forum was starting to look like a ghost town. Then everyone discovered Polt didn't shower, and all is well again.

Thank you, Polt. :)

<3

hadesblade

Smash Lord
With the exception of the BF debate, this forum was starting to look like a ghost town. Then everyone discovered Polt didn't shower, and all is well again.

Thank you, Polt. :)

<3
The BF debate died too... bwett hasn't answered in almost 3 days. So that really is the only thing that kept this forum from being a ghost town.

Top Bottom