• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Noob Help

TGAP37

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm trying to pick up yoshi after watching aMSa and I can do a lot of the basic yoshi stuff but I know there is a lot of character specific techs to learn so I was wondering if someone could give me a list of yoshi techs and how to practice them if possible?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
The biggest yoshi specific trick is Double Jump Canceling, or DJC. Initiating a double jump, and immediately (or at any point during the jump, really) inputting an aerial results in the jump being cancelled, and your landing will have practically no lag. Better than L-canceling, if a tad riskier.

You can also hold the double jump during your aerial, and instead of the jump being completely cancelled, it will transfer the jump's momentum to the aerial. This is referred to as a Rising Aerial.

Those are the staples. If you want more specific things, like combos etc, check out the other threads. In general, you should read what's already out there, rather than making new threads.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Yoshi has a really good pivot grab

Get good at edge-cancelled eggs

Use Side-b to recover

Cleon

Smash Rookie
All of Yoshi's tilts are good for comboing. I really like edge guarding and gimping with his down tilt.

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
Egg Roll is amazing. Them tilts tho. Eggs are, EGGCELENT. Just beware your second Jump... And DJC's. ;)

Top Bottom