• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's Patch 1.0.8 Changes?

SupremeSuperiorStick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sohaii
There doesn't seem to be a thread for this yet and I'm interesting in knowing how he changed.

I know that the egg toss slide off edges was removed, but that's all.

Last edited:

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
As far as I know Yoshi is unchanged besides what you mentioned.

EDIT: I heard on Reddit that he lost his ledge trump ability with Egg Toss slide. No changes to damage or knockback on anything, which is relieving.

Last edited:

James Mesa

Smash Cadet
NNID
KitkaDoodle
He lost his ledge trump but the tip of his DTilt does 4% instead of the prepatch 3%. His dash attack changed from 8%>9%

James Mesa

Smash Cadet
NNID
KitkaDoodle
His Dtilt actually does 5% and 4% at the tip, while DA has always done 9%
That's what I said about the down tilt. The tip gained 1%. And no, the dash attack did 8% because I tested it myself and it was on other Yoshi smash 4 guides.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Last edited:

James Mesa

Smash Cadet
NNID
KitkaDoodle
Hm, thank you for letting me know. I honestly thought it was 9%. Ill use the links you gave me to help improve my guide.

Campoq

Smash Rookie
NNID
Campoq
I was only concerned Yoshi's down ariel being nerfed but I'm surprised it hasn't been touched. For an attack that deals 30% damage if hit correctly, I'm surprised he survived a possible nerf

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
I was only concerned Yoshi's down ariel being nerfed but I'm surprised it hasn't been touched. For an attack that deals 30% damage if hit correctly, I'm surprised he survived a possible nerf
It's a legacy on par with the Plunger, I guarantee it will never be nerfed damage wise. Maybe more landing lag, but I don't think so.

Last edited:

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
It's really not a good enough move to be nerfed. Like im not saying it's bad, but if you manage to get hit by all 33% of damage you should definitely feel bad.

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
Dair is fine as it is. A hard punish move that you can't be stupid with due to the end lag.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Well they removed yoshis side b momentum AT which made you live longer after being launched.

Top Bottom