• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshis Super Turn Around Pivot Advance Technique

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
This is pretty easy to do lol, got it down on the 3ds.
Now I need to start implementing that in my game.

Edit: i'm having a hard time into using Dtilt with this, I always end up doing a down angled Ftilt instead. Any tips?

Also if you wait just a very little time before grabbing with this AT you will dash grab instead, which I think it's even more useful.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Not to go FULLY off topic here, but killing for yoshi's is kind of a pain. We only really have 4 good kill moves.

Up-smash, side-smash, up-air and forward air.

Everything else is pretty mediocre or needs a high percentage.
Smashes are good, but they have such a long cooldown time. If we miss or get shielded, we are stuck for a free punish.
Our best options are spiking with fair or sending them up with a read into upsmash or a combo into up air.

Or if you feel super frisky, you can try one of those cheeky egglay techniques.
Killing with yoshi isnt hard. He has tons of killing moves including down B. But EVERY characters smashes are normally are going to leave you open. Yoshis smashes are actually really good compared to most of the roster. His back air and down air can kill after around 110%. The Sliding tech helps with the killing process just a bit. I actually used it in a tourney and killed a D3 with it. He went for the dash attack and that costed him his stock. So this tech kinda isnt useless its just shouldnt be used a ton. And besides a well spaced side smash can kill extremely early.

HoS_Beast

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xillians
Killing with yoshi isnt hard. He has tons of killing moves including down B.
Tons of kill moves? really?

we have 7 kill moves. lets run trough it.
1. Up air. Up air is good and has a disjoint hitbox(although it is underprioritised compared to some other attacks)
2. Up smash. Has a pretty decent lagg, but is fast to come out and our second best kill move.
3. Side smash. Has way too much lagg to be used safely. if its shielded/dodged/misses we are left open for a good 20-something frames.
4. Fair. Fair only kills as a spike and needs to be 60-something or more to actually confirm a kill.
5. Down B. either needs a super high percentage, or needs to be used from the ground to hit both hits. Can be shielded.
6. Back air. 3rd hit kills at high percentage, first and second hit CAN lock them into the attack OR knock them away, preventing the 3rd hit from landing.
7. Nair. does kill at some point but its such a high percentage its not even usefull

so out of all that, our 2 reliable kills are up air and up smash. SIde air can be punished hard and fair is situational.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I mean in edgaurding.

Down air can kill around 110% if you position yourself the the side of them so it launches sideways but its basiclly useless.
Down B can kill really early believe it or not and it can break shields.
Fair can actually KO without a spike. You need spacing though and its not that difficult.
His killing moves arnt really that safe but most of the characters killing moves arnt safe. His side smash is really good for punished or tricking a landing opponent. It shrinks his hitbox as your using it and charging it. So his side smash is actually pretty good.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
The problem is not that Yoshi's kill moves are bad or not, it's that they require a read to hit, since Yoshi doesn't have any guaranteed setups for them.

For example, you may hit someone with a b-reverse Down B and kill the person once, but next time you try to do this there's a chance that he'll be expecting it, and that applies to any other kill move Yoshi has.

tl;dr Yoshi becomes less of a threat when you learn the MU

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Yup. My crew survives in the 120% everyonce in awhile. He does have killing set ups but just really need to be percise and correct %. He racks up TONS of damage though. His custom moves really help KOn though. He shouldnt have problems KOn though. He can KO extremly early if you know how to read. Also he actually has thr better side of KOn potential then more then half the roster.

Also his eggs can combo into any aireal.

Last edited:

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
is there some type of way of doing this without having to change up the button layout that can be effective? idk if using claw would be the answer but it isnt attractive to my hands, i use r for special and c for tilts

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Would A+B make this easier?

Also I passed you up on ladder.

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I hate how yoshis down tilt dosnt slide. Other wise it would be amazing for this tech.

Yeah we need to rematch. I think were in diffrent time zones though...

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
A+B smash

Obligatory text for the 10 character requirement.

lol thanks for that, i disabled those but ill test it out, oh and ima catch u on the ladder yoheking, just started two days ago and saw u were like top 30 yoshi

Im new to smash boards and I was afraid of the patch. Im also the one who discovored the egg bouncing tech which ill pobably post later.
By egg bouncing tech do u mean that thing where u jump higher falling off platforms in egg or something else.
Also to quote a post from early, u said a+b smash works right? well i knew that much but that doesnt answer the question, lol u cant play holding a+b and on the cstick without the claw. so im guessing there is no alternatve without changing alot of buttons around? i guess ill just have to get good at light tapping joystick to get the turn right.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I showed this guy this tech.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
Yeah its really hard to punish if yo cancel it in a certain way. It kills at like 120%.

I show direonfire all the cool techs haha

Top Bottom