• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Must Recover (spacies ver. 3)

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Hey guys,

I was looking for advice on how you all recover with Wolf. I feel like whenever I'm returning to the stage, I aim to go for a sweet spot on the ledge. However, more often than not, I am recovering from below the stage which always sends me above the lip. If I try and land on the stage, I always have disgusting amounts of lag (similar to shiek) and I always get Bopped. How do all of you recover?

Bryonato

Green Hat
I try to use sideB more often than not. Also walljump sideB is a pretty safe way to make sure you sweetspot. Idk I think it's just more of an experience-with-the-character thing

Rat

Smash Lord
There's a couple different ways to sweet spot with each recovery move.

With SideB, remember that Wolf can angle it. I use this all the time. Angle down or angle up. Both change the spacing. If you're over shooting, try angling down.

Wolf can also quick grab the edge with the UpB start-up. This stops you from double jumping above the edge. Sometimes it's good to angle UpB down and sweet spot. Just like fox/falco do with their upB.

Oh and one last trick. If you get hit out of your SideB wolf does not lose his double jump.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Woah, that last trick is cool to consider. I forgot about that.

Top Bottom