• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Combo's! (help)

Mr.K

Smash Cadet
Do you guys know some good combos?

The only i know are:

-D-throw into Nair , Uair
-U-throw into Utilt
-Dtilt juggles into Fsmash,Ftilt,Uair,Any Aerial
-???

I'm asking this because oponnents jump out of my combos easily because I'm doing the same combo over and over.:(

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Dthrow>nair>nair/Lkick works best on heavyweights and fastfallers. Most other characters, you'll wanna rely more on dthrow>uair. I've actually gotten dthrow>uair>uair before though uair>uair is only a string that works on people that aren't expecting a followup.

Uthrow>utilt only works on heavyweights and fastfallers. I wouldn't rely on that over dthrow combos. On those same characters, uthrow>usmash will also work at low percents.

Dtilt combos into itself at low percents once or twice depending on who you're facing. I'll usually go for a dtilt chain into a dash grab. I'm also personally a fan of dtilt>jab>dash attack. Jab>dash attack is a guaranteed combo that can net you 20% if you hit all of jab and sweetspot her dash attack. I like dtilt>nair at mid percents and dtilt>uair starting around 60% when it can potentially kill depending on stage and your rage.

Utilt combos into itself and usmash at very low percents and nair/uair at mid percents ending around 50-ish depending on what character you're facing. If you hit an opponent with the ending hitbox of utilt (when your hand is behind your head), it actually true combos into the aerial reappear of FW but it's situational as all hell.

Nair combos into itself if you still have your second jump and can even combo into a Lkick.

Falling nair true combos into the elevator as long as you don't land with the first or last hitbox of the multihit. Since it's a multihit move, it'll drag an opponent down to the ground with you and they'll be unable to do anything before you can get FW off. Great kill setup. Falling nair also combos into dtilt/dsmash depending on which side of you the opponent landed on. On taller characters or characters that bounce really high when they hit the ground, you can often get an utilt or usmash on them.

I believe landing with the first hit of nair also combos into stuff like utilt/usmash at low percents and nair/uair/Lkicks at higher percents. You can easily land with it by doing a SHAD (short hop air dodge) and buffering the nair input.

If the opponent doesn't tech your dair, you can get a lot of followups from it because the hitstun lasts for so long. You can sometimes combo dair into another dair since dair autocancels. You can also follow up with an uair or a Lkick. Again, this is only if the opponent doesn't tech the ground when you hit them.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Basically, you wanna be particularly aware of what combos you're able to do on opponents of different weights, at different percents, and at different rage. She's not like ROB who can true combo dthrow>uair until the opponent dies lol.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Everyone has combos in this game. Even Bowser and Ganon. Most combos in this game involve dthrow>uair though. I guess Sakurai wasn't feeling creative with the throw combos on this one lol.

KarmaCastle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KarmaCastle
Uthrow>Uair works considerably well in the 30-50% range. Even with DI the Uthrow almost always throws them directly above you, allowing for an easy Uair. Only works around this range though.

Zelda is a very % specific character, similar to Toon Link.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
I've been able to pull off grounded dair pop-up to uair for a kill more often than not. Usually kills around 60% I believe.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Neutral A>Downthrow>Nair or L/R kick or Neutral b>to L/R kick if used Nair or Neutral b

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
Dtilt to SH FW is EXTREMELY risky, but it's so swag if you connect it. Go for it around 90%

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Do you guys know some good combos?

The only i know are:

-D-throw into Nair , Uair
-U-throw into Utilt
-Dtilt juggles into Fsmash,Ftilt,Uair,Any Aerial
-???

I'm asking this because oponnents jump out of my combos easily because I'm doing the same combo over and over.:(
right I saw some responses, but I'm to lazy to read them, so Imma list some combos, set ups and strings I like to use cause why not

bullet points ahoy!
  • Nair, the grand daddy of combo starters, works at any percent% and has kill potential. make sure you hit the ground before the final hit though and always try to get two hits in
    • Nair -> Utilt
      • the low percent option, giving the longest strings to work with at low percents, almost always guaranteed and should be the go to option if you hit a grounded opponent with only one hit of nair (it will pop them up so nothing else will connect before they can jump out)
    • Nair -> Dtilt
      • great for leading into the mid percent 50/50s that Dtilt has, guaranteed
    • Nair -> Dsmash
      • a late kill option and sets up for edge guards, guaranteed
    • Nair -> Uspecial
      • great kill option, still need to follow DI, the downside is your opponent wont always be unable to act as how much frame advantage you have is reliant when you land during nair
  • Jab, decent set up move, usable for comboing low-mid percents
    • Jab -> dash attack
      • this is the usual follow up, it true combos and bad DI will give you another dash attack
    • Jab -> grab
      • a mix up option, doesn't catch jumps, but it's still useful and it's best to use an option that boosts your grab range (dash attack cancel grab or roll canceled grab come to mind)
    • Jab -> Farores
      • best used when jab starts to cause tumbles in mid %s, forcing your opponent to tech instead of fast fall shield
  • Utilt, strong option if you can catch someone in it, stings into itself at low percents, leads to 50/50s and some combos
    • utilt -> uair
      • catches jumps, allowing you to go for air dodge reads, true combos if you hit behind zelda with utilt
    • utilt -> Nair
      • same as above, but can true combo if you hit people at the start of utilt as well
    • utilt -> Uspecial
      • only true combos at very specific percents and when you hit with the tail end of utilt, making it sadly hard to use
  • Dtilt, leads to low percent strings and mid percent 50/50s
    • dtilt -> utilt
      • good option at low percents to stick opponents into a higher damaging string
    • dtilt -> Ftilt(up angled)
      • your option should your opponent be out of range for more dtilts or utilts at low percents, can true combo hard to tell when though
    • dtilt -> Fsmash
      • for your airdodge happy opponents at low percents
    • dtilt -> Fair
      • strong 50/50 option in mid percents
    • dtilt -> Uair
      • tail end of options for dtilt, I hardly if ever use this one
  • Dthrow, obvious blah blah blah, dthrow the game
    • Dthrow -> nair
      • the option that combos at low to near mid percents
    • Dthrow -> Bair
      • the mid to higher percent meant for reading an airdodge then punishing
    • Dthrow -> Uair
      • the standar 50/50 to use at mid percents
  • Uthrow, only really usable against fast fallers
    • Uthrow -> utilt
      • super low percent combo option
    • Uthrow -> Usmash
      • super low percent combo option
  • Dair, the hard read option, you could say
    • Dair -> Uair
      • looks flashy, goes to kill percents
gotta remember, sometimes it's how strong the follow up is not how long the true combo is

Top Bottom