• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zeldas down special vs ness pk thunder 2

Mr.PersonSir

Smash Cadet
So I was thinking about ness's pk thunder 2 and how it stops if he hits someone with it. Then I realized Zelda and duck hunt both have meat shields with their down specials. So what if while ness is trying to recover Zelda or duck hunt use their down special in front of the ledge. Would ness die? Also could someone tell me if people have already thought of this before?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I've done this before in tournament. It's actually quite effective if they're not too close to the stage. The safest way would be to jump backwards offstage then charge a Phantom. Alternatively, you could just fall down straight towards them and Phantom, but that's more dangerous.

I usually just try for a Dair spike though. Both are equally cool, lol.

Mr.PersonSir

Smash Cadet
I've done this before in tournament. It's actually quite effective if they're not too close to the stage. The safest way would be to jump backwards offstage then charge a Phantom. Alternatively, you could just fall down straight towards them and Phantom, but that's more dangerous.

I usually just try for a Dair spike though. Both are equally cool, lol.
Cool I don't main Zelda, duck hunt, or ness but I was just wondering if that was a thing

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Duck Hunt can very much use his Gunmen Guardians, as well as all 3 Clays and even all 3 Cans, for the purpose of tanking Ness's default & Up 3 versions of PKT1 (the projectile) for the gimp, but PKT2 (the explosive charge) pierces through all 3 versions of each part of DH's arsenal, even Mega Gunmen. The PKT1 gimp is best done with either default Gunmen or Quick Draw Aces (Down 2), due to Mega Gunmen being the longest-lasting (both in time & HP) of the 3 Gunmen, meaning that Megas will be the most likely to already be sitting out there on the stage when this moment arises.

'Course, if Customs are on (such as in the online Tourney Mode rooms that allow for them, including the 1v1 Custom Specials rooms in the Regular Tourney area that forcefully turns off any equipment that are on any set), Ness can run Up 2 (Lasting PK Thunder, aka Lucas's Up B) to render such PKT1 gimp attempts by DH null & void.

In defaults-only & Customs, Ness's PKT2 (all versions of it) will cleanly plow through the entirety of Duck Hunt's arsenal, both defaults & Customs.

Last edited:

Mr.PersonSir

Smash Cadet
Duck Hunt can very much use his Gunmen Guardians, as well as all 3 Clays and even all 3 Cans, for the purpose of tanking Ness's default & Up 3 versions of PKT1 (the projectile) for the gimp, but PKT2 (the explosive charge) pierces through all 3 versions of each part of DH's arsenal, even Mega Gunmen. The PKT1 gimp is best done with either default Gunmen or Quick Draw Aces (Down 2), due to Mega Gunmen being the longest-lasting (both in time & HP) of the 3 Gunmen, meaning that Megas will be the most likely to already be sitting out there on the stage when this moment arises.

'Course, if Customs are on (such as in the online Tourney Mode rooms that allow for them, including the 1v1 Custom Specials rooms in the Regular Tourney area that forcefully turns off any equipment that are on any set), Ness can run Up 2 (Lasting PK Thunder, aka Lucas's Up B) to render such PKT1 gimp attempts by DH null & void.

In defaults-only & Customs, Ness's PKT2 (all versions of it) will cleanly plow through the entirety of Duck Hunt's arsenal, both defaults & Customs.
Huh that's a bit weird to me that the gunman can't stop it.

Top Bottom