• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS 2x Up air to Up B combo threshold?

Kiusthugs

Smash Apprentice
Hi is there some sort of a chart, list or guide that shows when the down throw to up air to up air to up b combo limits are? Like I want to know which percent should you start it on certain characters and what percent it wouldn't work because it's too high. Would also like to know if there are certain characters that just doesn't work because of their kit. I don't really want to experiment myself because I play melee more than smash 4.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Not really. Many of these combos tend to be viable from down throw at approximately 30-40%, but it's weight dependent, stale moves dependent, and rage dependent. Figuring out when this combo triggers from a mathematical standpoint is an absolute nightmare. But capitalizing on opponent fear can really help extend the range of this combination, and swapping the combo for 1x up air, double jump, up B can extend the viability range of the combo.

If I had to guess, since I haven't looked into it yet, I might wager that falling up air to 2x up air to up B may work longer than the prior combos since the potential for significant survival DI is mitigated.

Anyways, it's on a long list of research topics for me, but it's on hold until I defend my PhD (ETA, December) or until someone else takes it up. So, we may have numbers in January or earlier.

M32

Smash Rookie
NNID
Malvagio
Falling nair or falling uair definitely place the opponent in a position you can uairx2 upB at 10% more.
Other than the fundamental things Tuen said, floatiness helps getting out of the combo, so does a tiny hurtbox, moreover lightweight have stricter ranges of % they get hit by the whole combo and hit by the last hit of boost kick. Generally big heavy guys die later but I even did the combo twice in a row once on a DK, killing the second time, js how ez it is to land it on them and how large is the % range you can do it, while light floaty ******* tend to die ridicolously early (as much as 30%) but also get out of it damn easy.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Hi is there some sort of a chart, list or guide that shows when the down throw to up air to up air to up b combo limits are? Like I want to know which percent should you start it on certain characters and what percent it wouldn't work because it's too high. Would also like to know if there are certain characters that just doesn't work because of their kit. I don't really want to experiment myself because I play melee more than smash 4.
The general safe range for BnB on midweight characters without rage starting with dThrow is 32%-45%.
A precise table would interest me as well and I guess I have the tools to do it, but I seriously lack time right now.

elmike

Smash Apprentice
what about DI?

Are DI angles very variant? how many possibles are for DI after the Dthrow and the UAir?? does someone has the data or graphics for that?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
what about DI?

Are DI angles very variant? how many possibles are for DI after the Dthrow and the UAir?? does someone has the data or graphics for that?
If you do it right and react to their DI properly, they can't get out.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
One thing most people don't actually know about is that on an omega stage / FD, there's actually no range or situation where this is a guaranteed kill without rage shenanigans. Every single time when players die to this without low ceilings or platforms being a factor, it's because they DI'd towards offstage and put themselves closer to the blastzone after being grabbed near the ledge, or DI'd up b wrong. Making a rantguide about this at the moment.

Top Bottom