• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zss Nair>Flip Kick

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
I'm not here to talk about percents. There's already another thread in the Zss Boards that covers that.

1. Input Manual Kick ASAP, or wait?

I find that performing the kick as soon as possible yields the best results. This gives the opponent less time to react, meaning they may not air dodge in time. Secondly, if you wait before performing the kick, the added momentum that it gives you, combined with the ending lag, will put you out of recovery range. No matter what you do, you will not be able to recover.

In addition, there's no point in waiting for an air dodge. It will last too long for you to be able to punish it, and you will sail past. However, you can survive this if you do NOT perform the kick. Unless you bait out an airdodge first, then there's no reason to delay the Kick.

2. Should I jump before I perform the Flip Kick?

Many of Zss' paralyzer setups require a quick jump before performing the flip kick.

I'm actually still lab-ing this out. Don't kill me, I hope that the first part of this is enough to sate you for now.
Also, any help would be appreciated. Frame data especially.

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
ASAP and No. At least not with the %s I labbed.

Last edited:

AstroCRiS

Smash Cadet
sometimes if you jump, you can't chain it at later percents and it can even be a true combo'd kill. But at the beginning you don't have to jump. But it requires precision and consistency to land it and feel it in combat. One of my favorite kill moves.

Top Bottom