• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

zss v pikachu MU

oxHUNTERxo

Smash Rookie
Hi guys and girls. Today I wanted to ask about one of zss' MUs. The most notable is Pikachu, quite possibly zss' worst MU. She can not hit Pikachu or grab him. How can someone get around this? Any tips or ideas share in the chat. Thanks!

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
I've mained both for about as long as the game has been out, and I think that Pikachu wins this by a lot. Possibly her worst matchup. He's very small, so very hard to hit with nairs and zairs. His forward air isnt safe on shield, but I don't think our grab comes out fast enough in order to punish it. I don't think our grab gets him in his bair landing lag. My tip is if you are at a high percent, avoid grabbing him at all costs unless you are positive it will hit. If you miss, you will allow him to get a free kill, and that is what Pikachu struggles at most. Try to punish his quick attack, I'm not sure if grab can punish a QA if he ends up behind you, QA has little landing lag, so I feel he could probably avoid it.

David Viran

Smash Lord
There's already a MU thread that is actually discussing, kind of, this MU right now.

Top Bottom