• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Gunblade, Im down. 10 bucks it is.
EE- lol sure, how much? Dont let me put u in the poor house.

Kai- man u **** me everytime we play lol naaaah!

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
whos mming my dk next time they see me???
I'll do it with Sheik/ZSS/Snake/Peach/some other chars maybe =) Most looking forward to just seeing you and chillin again madu <3

also LOOLLLL @ Kai's response to Gunblade's W/L record. You already know we all had the same reaction at Ihop dawg

Also, I honestly don't know how I feel about the MM for PR thing. I think in certain circumstances you might not get to play someone in tournament. I think the rule should be either of these, or even both combined:

1) Money Matches for $10 or more will be the only ones that count toward PR
2) Money Matches for $5 or greater in which both parties agree to count it toward PR will be counted.

You could also, like I said, combine the 2 and make it so only 10+ MMs in which both agree will count.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Oh and $5+ money matches should count.

Smash is the only community I know off that craps on money matches like this. Funny how someone like kelvin that faps to mvc2 would hate on MMs...

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
also LOOLLLL @ Kai's response to Gunblade's W/L record. You already know we all had the same reaction at Ihop dawg

Also, I honestly don't know how I feel about the MM for PR thing. I think in certain circumstances you might not get to play someone in tournament. I think the rule should be either of these, or even both combined:

1) Money Matches for $10 or more will be the only ones that count toward PR
2) Money Matches for $5 or greater in which both parties agree to count it toward PR will be counted.

You could also, like I said, combine the 2 and make it so only 10+ MMs in which both agree will count.
Seeing it in writing like that is a whole other story lol.

I have mixed feelings about MM's as well. It certainly can't be changed till next season regardless, but the amount should be 10 imo.

Really?

Last night I had a girl stay over and we watched Inuyasha Kanketsu-hen and fangirled over the cute and cool guys.

Nothing else happened.
-_-. I'm starting to believe you are gay........

Smash is the only community I know off that craps on money matches like this. Funny how someone like kelvin that faps to mvc2 would hate on MMs...
MM's should count, but I honestly think 5 is a little low at this point. I realize smashers are cheap and jobless, but it just seems like they can't hold the weight of a tourny match imo anymore.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace

I know kelvin is excited about MvC3 but I think only in the past 2 weeks he has actually started to play mvc2 again just for fun.

also comments like this start arguments. especially to someone of the combative nature in the online setting when it comes to debates and defending his points.

keep the peace plz. we all know all out war is coming because of rankings. don't start early.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
I know kelvin is excited about MvC3 but I think only in the past 2 weeks he has actually started to play mvc2 again just for fun.

also comments like this start arguments. especially to someone of the combative nature in the online setting when it comes to debates and defending his points.

keep the peace plz. we all know all out war is coming because of rankings. don't start early.
I was about to say the exact same thing.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero

learn to read backpack. i don't hate on money matches. but when they are being used to higher someones ranked on POWER RANKINGS, i think that's absurd. i've done my share of money matches, doesnt mean i hate when money matches actually happen in any game. smh.

not gonna turn this into an argument but dont go around posting false information.

edit: brendan, i called you but i think fone is off. to ask if you have public speaking on mondays and wednesdays. the other day you called me and said thursdays i think and i mightve said yes cuz i was tired. i have it mondays and wednesdays at 1145 am to 1 pm. that you too?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I was referring to hating on them for rankings purposes, home-monster. Most other communities would think you are the absurd one. Lord Knight has returned to verify this several times and Rigel will say so too.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Lord Knight has returned to verify this several times and Rigel will say so too.
I HIGHLY doubt Kelvin values the opinion of either of those 2. I certainly don't. Would you not agree though that $5 is fairly low to weigh the same as a tournament match?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I HIGHLY doubt Kelvin values the opinion of either of those 2. I certainly don't. Would you not agree though that $5 is fairly low to weigh the same as a tournament match?
No, and your argument of smashers being cheap supports my own stance; $5 is meaningful to them if they are cheap.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
No, and your argument of smashers being cheap supports my own stance; $5 is meaningful to them if they are cheap.
I know it does. I have the ability to see both sides which is why I listed it. Still, $10 seems more important due to it being the standard tourny entry fee. Winning someones entry fee is more significant than winning a footlong

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
counting mm's with a limit only helps those with a big wallet

you can mm ppl tons of times and eventually you're bound to get some good wins

when mm's counted in pa i always did them just for the rankings and pride, never for the money. i dont think iv done a single mm since they stopped counting. if i could i would have done them for a dollar, no dfference to me than $5+
but yea MMs with a limit can easily be flawed, save urselves a headache and don't use them

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
isn't that why its not weighed the same as a tournament match?

To smashers, $5.00 is a good deal of money, heck, some of us freak out if a venue is $10.00 when we believe it should be $5.00. Some of us don't have a job so we don't get much money, others go to tourneys with ~$15.00 after entering singles or just completely avoid entering a bracket and prefer to just play friendliesin order to save money. We are cheap, that $5.00 can be enough money to buy our food for that day (If we don't actually make a decent profit that day). This isn't the MVC2 or SSF$ community, none of us will even entertain the thought of a $15,000 MM, most people don't' even want to MM for more than $2.00 or $3.00 unless they are confident they will win.

Top Bottom