• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
So I just got an infraction for posting a picture in this thread, that everybody claims is not the social thread but is treating it like a social thread.

fu chibo.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Nah chill, he's good looking. His acting is funny too.

Fine.. since you say I like look Taylor lautner I'll let you get away with this one for now..
Too much wrong with that post.

I'm happy I'm not a mod.

People ***** and curse at them for doing their job. The mods also don't get paid or anything either.

People try to say "I get infracted for this while that guy post blah blah blah" stfu, both people should get the infraction. If the mod missed it or didn't mind what the other person did, deal with it.

All I'm saying is people need to relax with the *****in at mods. If I ever become a mod ill **** you guys ups with infractions when its necessary. I'm saying this early.
I think being strict in this thread is gayer than our players. =/

Can anyone north of me house me on friday?
Considering my 13 credits in Electrical Engineering and the fact I'm currently at video #18 of 90 videos that I have to record and upload I highly doubt it :p

I did kinda lose my competitive spirit in this game a couple months ago, but I care about the smash community a great deal. I may not go to every tourney around the block, but I attempt to help at almost every tourney I'm at. I also try to hype tourney threads even if I'm not going, sometimes make tourney pictures for people, and I even make tourney XPs as a way to help keep the smash community interesting. I also create rankings pics for NJ/NY, update this thread every week, and answer every pm I get regarding smash questions dealing from HD tourney vids to the best way for a player to get to someone else's tourney. The pm I sent Bizkit yesterday on how to host All Brawl took about 45 minutes to make which included making fake tio brackets, saving the images, uploading them to imageshack, and linking them to him multiple times.

Uploading every single video that was on livestream myself from KTAR also says alot imo along with hosting tournies as much as I can. I don't mean to sound cocky but just attending tournies is nothing in comparison to the effort I give to the community imo.
I don't think you understand the amount of effort is needed to record and upload 90 videos. Its to the point that in each and every class I've had this week, I was recording or uploading a vid at the same time on my laptop although laptops aren't allowed in class.

How can you say smash isn't a priority when I'm recording/uploading videos while in and out of class all day?? lol get outta here :p

Also like I said earlier my smash competing spirit is very low right now, so I don't care much for going to every tourney. I used to major in graphic design and when I did I went to tournies every weekend, now I'm in Electrical Engineering which is at least twice to 3 times tougher imo. I probably could go to the tourney this weekend but I'll just be doing hw while recording vids all day Saturday and Sunday instead.

Smash is every day for me atm.
inui... you don't sound all that busy

/opinion
this was so funny, lol. that pic you used of me was hilarious, everyone in school thought it was funny lmao.
"you're either total crap at time management or simply do not care enough about Smash to budget time for it if you use "too busy" as an excuse

it's that simple

don't pretend to be too busy, just say Smash isn't a priority and that's that"

Maybe some people in the Tristate have online classes, some of them even assigning essays and responses worth good grades on Saturdays around 12 pm and then want them due by midnight. several people have it that way.

Last time i checked, you aren't God. So don't you dare act like you know whats going on in peoples lives to conclude that they're crap at time management or choose other priorities to keep them from going to tourneys or do other activities.
I have a busy life, but it's nobodys business and I'll leave it at that.
I work in the toys dept. at Kmart. I yell at kids and adults that are nasty and try to steal teck decks.
I work at Wally World :bee:

Inui you're ridiculous for trying to compete with people in how busy you are. Besides the fact that no one cares, you're shutting down points like Keitaros when I don't think you understand some of the things he is saying. Also I'm here, and I guarantee I'm more busy than all of you hands down 10000% and would put money on it. But I don't care and have no need to flaunt it.

Keitaro, I'm surprised you switched from DIGM to EE, I didn't know. I've found myself slipping more and more from CS to DIGM, but it's uhhh kinda late for that lol. So I just try to do the most DIGM like work in the CS field, and fortunately game design is practically 50/50 CS and DIGM.
^ This has NOTHING to do with rankings at all. You're a hypocrite.

There is a major difference between normal conversation and image/post spam.

So you're comp engineering? That's SE (software engineering) at my school. EE is electrical engineering, which has little to do with comps. CS is similar to SE but not really the same.
Even when we normally discuss anything not related to rankings mods are constantly whining about being off topic and trying to hush people.

So I just got an infraction for posting a picture in this thread, that everybody claims is not the social thread but is treating it like a social thread.

fu chibo.
^

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Well it looks like I know who this alt account belongs to now.

And I am still disappoint that I can't practice before ranbats. :(
See what Max is doing. He usually has no issue with me heading over the night before an event.
Either this,

Or I want everybody in this thread to get infracted for whatever posts have nothing to do with the power ranking's.
^ Chibo deserves one too.

Mods don't get paid, which is why I don't understand at all why they have such a problem with things on a forum unless it's harassment or death threats. Very silly imo

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Anyone complaining about how their major is time consuming should just stop. I'm a music major. I have 11 classes in total plus a one hour sectional plus 8am warmups on mon/wed/fri. I'm about to have one more class added. You wanna know how many credits I'm getting? 16 including the one I'm going to have to add. On top of that I'm supposed to practice 3 hours every day.

If you're not in the arts, then stfu about a busy school schedule.
you soft. I took 18 credits both semesters. played in Wind, Brass, and a Jazz ensemble. Had private lessons. and sang in the Chorale. get at me.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
This is true. I'll talk to him about it, I suppose.
I'd obviously invite you over, but if you don't wanna drive to Max's then I doubt you'll wanna drive almost 3 hours here lol

BTW, iirc the last time we were discussing rankings this thread was closed by another mod LOL

KageMurphy

Smash Master
What's the ranking picture going to be? Also, is it only top 10 or 15?

Keitaro, I'm surprised you switched from DIGM to EE, I didn't know. I've found myself slipping more and more from CS to DIGM, but it's uhhh kinda late for that lol. So I just try to do the most DIGM like work in the CS field, and fortunately game design is practically 50/50 CS and DIGM.
You're doing Computer Science aka Computer Engineering? If so we're basically doing the same crap. I actually was in EE and switched to DIGM then I switched back to EE. Thats why I've been in school so long :p That and that I f-ed up in EE the first time I tried.
There is a major difference between normal conversation and image/post spam.

So you're comp engineering? That's SE (software engineering) at my school. EE is electrical engineering, which has little to do with comps. CS is similar to SE but not really the same.
Don't talk about me like I'm a ****ing program!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This thread is for power rankings only.

Need to discuss lifts to a tournament? Use the tournament thread.
Who's going to what tournaments? Use the thread about the tournament
Discussing what tournaments are coming up? We've got the tournament calender for that.

And of course, there's this thread by Atomsk which all that and everything else Non-PR related goes.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296013

I'll close this for 10 mins or so so I can make sure that everyone has read this and it doesn't unintentionally get knocked off a page by people replying while I'm making this post.

Any further non-PR related discussion in here will earn you a 1 point spam infraction, a 3 point infraction for repeated spam in this thread.

NAKAT

Smash Champion

Discussing what tournaments are coming up? We've got the tournament calender for that.

And of course, there's this thread by Atomsk which all that and everything else Non-PR related goes.

I'll close this for 10 mins or so so I can make sure that everyone has read this and it doesn't unintentionally get knocked off a page by people replying while I'm making this post.

Any further non-PR related discussion in here will earn you a 1 point spam infraction, a 3 point infraction for repeated spam in this thread.
Why is it when I lurk other ranking threads they are pretty much having social convo's just like us in our thread. I can understand that this is a PR, but I really don't see us doing anything wrong here you guys overreact to be quite honest. Remember this is Voluntary work.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings

Why so strict? The only reason I play brawl is to have fun in this thread with my friends, now I quit, thank u mic

iRJi

Smash Champion

This is amusing to be honest. I normally don't pry into things like this, but I feel most of you mods as of late are being out of hand.

For one, in the past 2 years that this game has been played competitively, not once has this been a major issue. The fact that this is becoming a major issue now, is ludicrous. I can understand the issue with some of the spam, that's normal, as every forum needs to handle such issues, but breaking a community thread (which is not causing chaos outside of minor spam) is actually creating more chaos and disorder. The fact that all of this is coming up now, and not a year ago or even later then that, AND how hard it is trying to be enforced, is just amusing. It's not orderly, right, or just, it's just amusing.

Now, you can say you make a point mentioned above as to where everything should be located, but I can easily stand grounds and disprove things as well. I can easily mention that things in relation to tournaments are related to the PR, simply off the basis of the PR is based off of tournaments.

Let me try what you did just now:

Need to discuss whos going to the tournament so you know who to beat for the PR? You can use the PR thread.

Need to see what tournament is coming up and who out of your region is going to it so you can be placed on the PR accordingly? Use the PR thread.

Etc. etc. etc. To lazy to continue this part.

My point is, you guys think none of this is of relation to the PR, but truth be told, anything tournament wise is in relation to the PR, BECAUSE the tournaments are what the PR is based off of.

Now I am no mod on here, but I can assure you that trying to place everything into where it belongs can cause order, but keep in mind that without a unified location for a group, that in its self WILL cause disorder. It's like someone breaking a tradition in your family. Something that has been practiced and done for years, just suddenly being split apart. If you think that won't cause people to stop posting, and/or a loss in community growth, then your sadly wrong.

Like I said, I don't like to deal with garbage like this, but you guys are really getting out of control, not us. While this is a business for you, remember that it is a business for a game that you are trying to manage, even if SWF is a database. If you fail to see and truly understand that, then you guys are the silly ones, not us.

Personally, IDC what these people do. They can follow your orders or just do what they normally do. I just had to add my 2c into it, cause you guys are again, silly.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
im hungry......for the rankings list.

btw, out of all the crazy things that are posted in this thread, if I was to randomly ask what tourny is coming up next I would get an answer very quickly. I get what I want and im entertained.

ADHD

Smash Hero

Oh my god.. I hate you.

Whatever, no point in coming to this thread anymore, seeing as how after 2 years it's a social thread, and only series when it's time to deliberate for rankings. Not anymore though, because of over-moderation.

**** this

Inui

Banned via Warnings
This is amusing to be honest. I normally don't pry into things like this, but I feel most of you mods as of late are being out of hand.

For one, in the past 2 years that this game has been played competitively, not once has this been a major issue. The fact that this is becoming a major issue now, is ludicrous. I can understand the issue with some of the spam, that's normal, as every forum needs to handle such issues, but breaking a community thread (which is not causing chaos outside of minor spam) is actually creating more chaos and disorder. The fact that all of this is coming up now, and not a year ago or even later then that, AND how hard it is trying to be enforced, is just amusing. It's not orderly, right, or just, it's just amusing.

Now, you can say you make a point mentioned above as to where everything should be located, but I can easily stand grounds and disprove things as well. I can easily mention that things in relation to tournaments are related to the PR, simply off the basis of the PR is based off of tournaments.

Need to discuss whos going to the tournament so you know who to beat for the PR? You can use the PR thread.

Need to see what tournament is coming up and who out of your region is going to it so you can be placed on the PR accordingly? Use the PR thread.

My point is, you guys think none of this is of relation to the PR, but truth be told, anything tournament wise is in relation to the PR, BECAUSE the tournaments are what the PR is based off of.

Now I am no mod on here, but I can assure you that trying to place everything into where it belongs can cause order, but keep in mind that without a unified location for a group, that in its self WILL cause disorder. It's like someone breaking a tradition in your family. Something that has been practiced and done for years, just suddenly being split apart. If you think that won't cause people to stop posting, and/or a loss in community growth, then your sadly wrong.

Like I said, I don't like to deal with garbage like this, but you guys are really getting out of control, not us. While this is a business for you, remember that it is a business for a game that you are trying to manage, even if SWF is a database. If you fail to see and truly understand that, then you guys are the silly ones, not us.

Personally, IDC what these people do. They can follow your orders or just do what they normally do. I just had to add my 2c into it, cause you guys are again, silly.
Gonna have to agree with this.

The NY/NJ thread is the hub of communication for NJ, and now NY since they are connected. Removing that is damaging to our community. This thread isn't just for rankings. It's for the local scene to have a place to communication with everyone else.

I agree that image spam on the level of what Atomsk and those other brats shouldn't be allowed, but discussions shouldn't be banned.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero

Real talk though, everything RJ said I agree with.

I'm not going to mind if this thread does go to **** because of the mods enforcing all of this now.

I just don't understand why the mods are doing this 2 years later.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
This is getting out of hand now. Maybe if we wait it out a bit things will be better.

What Inui and RJ said is right. This is only gonna break apart the NJ/NY community if we have a boring thread that no one wants to go to anymore.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings

:')!!!!!!!!!!!I agree.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Screw the image spam, we should just be able to talk about whatever we want though. I didn't make this thread to be serious business. I already nearly cursed at Pierce when the thread was first made when he tried to make the thread only about serious stuff (sorry Pierce).

I could honestly change the title of this thread to garbage if needed to keep it chill. "NJ/NY social thread with a rankings pic" sounds good lol!

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I think the mods misunderstood the purpose of this thread, i don't mind image spam as long as it's funny and as long as it doesn't strech the page lol

Top Bottom