• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: PBS Kids: Brawltime! (A Fanmade Platform Fighter Honoring PBS/PBS Kids's History): Learner's Pass Volume 2 Time!

What should Job 11 be?

• Submit layouts, hazards and/or gimmicks for Sesame Street Stage?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Submit a moveset proposal for Mr. Rogers.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I love everyone's submissions thus far! But...I would like to tell everyone to please try and submit a job prompt for a sponsor for the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit if you can! Me and Pop have done it so I encourage all of you to think outside the box for a sponsor job!

Also, submissions for characters will remain open until some point tonight or tomorrow! You can also submit scripts for the Meet the Fighters videos and even the PBS Kids: Brawltime! presentations so get submitting in those areas!

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Updated Matthias' proposal, just wanted to specify that his potential gimmick should only be for isolated, single attacks that are spammed and not for combos; once he's trapped, he can't dodge no matter what, like everyone else. It just wouldn't be right if he simply broke out of a combo for free based on RNG, lol.

Thought of something for a sponsor prompt:

Submit a sponsor who owns another children's network.

IDK, this is a smaller way for a children's network to collab without needing their own full guest fighter I guess. Don't think this has been done before?

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Updated Matthias' proposal, just wanted to specify that his potential gimmick should only be for isolated, single attacks that are spammed and not for combos; once he's trapped, he can't dodge no matter what, like everyone else. It just wouldn't be right if he simply broke out of a combo for free based on RNG, lol.

Thought of something for a sponsor prompt:

Submit a sponsor who owns another children's network.

IDK, this is a smaller way for a children's network to collab without needing their own full guest fighter I guess. Don't think this has been done before?
Can you provide examples of which companies would fit into this category? I mean, we do have the mini party-packs so I don’t think that’ll count.

I mean, you can do prompts based around companies that sell specific types of products like food, toys, etc. I hope that’s a start for some people.

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Ah of course, sorry about that. (I'm not as good with the sponsor stuff, can ya tell? 🤣)

Mainly thinking of Nickelodeon (Nick Jr.), Warner Bros. (Cartoonito), and Disney (Disney Junior). In fact, make the prompt something like "Submit a sponsor who is another children's network," I think that wording conveys it better.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Ah I see but sadly I don’t think I can allow that prompt.

If it helps for anyone, you can submit a prompt in regards to things like…
  • Brands of a specific kind like food brands, toys, etc.
  • For PBS Kids history, a brand who has sponsored a PBS Kids show not represented by a fighter
  • Non-PBS Kids history, a brand with no esports history.
    I hope this helps anyone!

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Ah, okay. Well, looks like there's more than enough food company sponsors, so here's a different but more basic one that I think can fit:

Submit an automotive brand sponsor! Basically, this is for brands that specialize in cars or other road vehicles in some way.

Kids like cars, right? Sure, they can't drive them but IDK... could be fun? This could also include stuff like mail delivery companies too, it's a bit broad, so there's a bit of room for the imagination.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Melissa and Doug
2. SDP

Job Prompt for Sponsors:

Submit a brand based on a local amusement park business, such as Kennywood or Six Flags

I dunno, I tried to think of idea we haven't thought up of before, but here's one.

Alright, since I'm cared to do the honors.....

Job 469:

Well for this next character job, this one is going to be one that has a really exciting part to it. You are to submit a character from a PBS Kids show that either has minor representation or no representation at all to finally make it in as a fighter! Even though there may not be a lot left in that category, I still believe there's plenty of PBS Kids shows that sorely need big representation here in PBS Kids: Brawltime! If you thought that that was the "Really exciting part", you'd be wrong! The REAL really exciting part is that whoever wins this character job gets to have a big promotion given to them, such as a reboot of their show (given if it's initial run ended) or a new video game! Like with any other character job, it must be a character with a strong connection to the PBS brand/identity, and please explain the character, the show they are from, why they deserve to be in the roster and how they can fight/what they can bring. Be sure to give your all into this! Get submitting and use your imagination!

My submission (actually a resubmission):

Sagwa (Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat, 2001)

Interestingly, I have submitted her several times in the past, but that won't stop me from trying to get her in! I am a cat person and I feel that her show shows a lot of respect towards Chinese culture and there's barely any representation in Plat-Fighters for quadrupeds!

Her show takes place in China during the late Qing Dynasty, where she and her other cat friends and family learn lessons regarding family obligations and loyalty. What's interesting about the show is that it's cross-cultural, meaning its theme song is in both English and Chinese.

She deserves a spot in the roster for many reasons. One, there have historically been barely any platform fighting games to have cats as playable fighters, and I am a cat person myself. Two, her show in general, although short-lived, was very obscure and underrated. It fits into the category of obscure 2000's PBS Kids shows. Three, her show takes place in China, which is a country that is very well-known in the USA, with Chinese being one of the most spoken languages in the world. China's THAT recognizable, and the way it's represented in her show is treated with high respect. Those are just 3 examples of my reason she deserves a spot in the roster.

Sagwa would be a lightweight character with high mobility and jumping skills and can also run very fast (Cats can run at 30 mph after all). Most of her attacks would involve swiping her paws at others. One idea for a gimmick or special move I have is a "predatory mode", where she would enter a pose where she is about to pounce something, which is something real world cats tend to do sometimes. Another idea I have for her moves is that can call upon powerful Chinese spirits to fight alongside her. So overall, her moves would be a combination of real-world cat moves and summoning mighty Chinese spirits.

Not that AlteredBeast mentioned it, I think a reboot of her show would be sick, or she could have a video game since she never got any! (Apart from Flash games). I would LOVE to see a cat 3D platformer any day!
Lucita Sky, AJ Gadgets (Hero Elementary)

I believe we only have their city fountain as a stage? We need more! Since Benny and Sara are in as assists, why not just get the other two in? Let the whole gang be here!

Sure it's not one of the more popular modern PBS Kids shows, but it's an interesting one, it's kind of like a kiddie My Hero Academia.

You could mainly control Lucita and have AJ use gadgets for special attacks.

In terms of what big promotion they could get, why not a traditional turn-style RPG? I think that would make a lot of sense.
Elinor (Elinor Wonders Why)

I think only an item represents her series, being vegetable soup. Clearly, we need more than that!

She could make for a lot of agility based movement options, in terms of movement speed and attack speed. Wondering Why can make for an interesting gimmick idea.

For what she could get, either a second season for her show or a video game, like a puzzle-RPG!
My submission

Duck (WordWorld)

View attachment 389831

I'm surprised he hasn't been submitted in a long while. But, Duck is one of the main characters from the PBS Kids show WordWorld which ran from 2007 to 2011. The show also got reruns for a decade from

The show was about animal characters who are WordFriends who build things called WordThings out of letters as everything on their planet WordWorld is made up of letters spelling out what thing they are. By using synthetic phonics to solve their problems, they surely know how to teach kids how to build words and teach some great phonics skills which it focused on spelling, rhymes, etc. In other countries, WordWorld taught kids how to speak English. Funny enough, this show debuted the same day Super Why and WordGirl debuted on PBS Kids so...reveal trailer idea here? The show itself was based on the books and puzzles of the same name so there's that too.

Duck on the other hand is one of the main characters of the show and was voiced by Tyler Bunch who has had PBS Kids history working on Sesame Street and Between the Lions so there's that prior connection with his actor. Peter Linz was also on this show too which is awesome! In general, WordWorld is one of those "Why hasn't this show gotten any content in PBS Kids: Brawltime! yet?" PBS Kids shows since it's a show that defines PBS Kids's newer era or after what many consider the "Golden Era" which was from 1999-2006. WordWorld can complete the trifecta of PBS Kids shows that debuted in 2007 that taught reading skills and in general, represent the later 2000s for PBS Kids.

As for the product he is promoting, WordWorld is getting a new video game called...

WordWorld: Your Wonderful World of Words

Basically, this game will be similar to various social simulation and sandbox games like Animal Crossing, Minecraft, Stardew Valley, etc. You get to create a WordFriend who is an animal and go around WordWorld creating your own house, creating things by collecting letters, earning letters by doing tasks for the various WordWorld characters, etc. In fact, you can trade items and letters with other WordFriends who inhabit the world and such. There will be tons of events themed after other PBS Kids shows and cool crossover stuff. Plus, let's not forget, there will be some cool adventures you can go on too to get bigger and cooler items for your house. It's basically a baby's first sandbox and social simulation game. If you want your child to get a starter before getting into games like Animal Crossing or are just nostalgic, this is your game!

This game does in fact coincide with Duck's gimmick..

Word Builder and Letter Inventory

Duck will have a gimmick similar to Steve from Super Smash Bros Ultimate in terms of collecting items and such. Throughout the match, if you choose Duck, letters will spawn on the stage. Collect the letters and store them in your inventory. Some letters spawn more often than others. However, you can only hold about 12 letters at a time to make his gimmick not too broken. Then, when you have enough letters, you can build words to assist you like CAR for attacking, APPLE to recover some health, etc. We can determine what words can be a part of this gimmick but...there's lots of possibilities.

Overall, Duck would be such a fun addition and WordWorld is just a very iconic PBS Kids show. An overall solid pick that would make a great reveal at the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit as I along with other people are nostalgic for this show.

This is a pretty open round but PLEASE remember to submit the video game tie-in or reboot idea for your character as well! Also, don't forget to vote for the edutainment companies and do job prompt submissions for sponsors for Year 4 of the Championship Circuit! Keep up the good work and get submitting and voting!
Introducing... Matthias
View attachment 389833

Somewhat contrasting the submission PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn made with a cat, comes the young mouse warrior from Redwall, which right now is only represented by one item. Based on the novels by Brian Jacques of the same name, this used to be an American Public Television distribution that many would find as quite notable on PBS Kids, being possibly the only show with no explicit educational content. As well, the show explores some darker themes (but isn't nearly as dark as the actual novels get). If you compare the PBS catalogue to Nintendo's offerings, you could very easily view this as a "Fire Emblem" type of series.

While some may say the real Smash has too many swordfighters, for Brawltime!... this choice would introduce the very first swordfighter to the game! His unique gimmick is derrived from the fact that he'd be one of the very few characters on the roster that actually knows how to fight, funny as that sounds... as a true warrior, Matthias learns more about the opponents' attacks by observing them... well, more like by getting hit by them. If he gets hit enough by the same attack, he will have a small chance of automatically dodging it! (As long as it's not part of a combo; This would ideally only be for single moves that are spammed over and over, as breaking out of combos for free based on RNG is too cheap) This chance grows higher the more he's hit by that same attack, so it would be smart to mix up your attack patterns against this legendary hero!

Aside from that, his main moveset could simply be inspired by the likes of Link & Marth (and clones/semi-clones) from the real Smash. I'd advise against having a counter-attack special move though, I think the auto-dodge chance is enough and the shield mechanic of the game is already a universal counter.

But wait, what about that special tie-in?

Season 4: Mariel of Redwall

Each season of the Redwall cartoon was an adaptation of a different book in the series. Season 1 was of the first Redwall, Season 2 was of Mattimeo, and Season 3 was of Martin the Warrior. If Matthias is chosen, this cartoon series will not only come back to the PBS Kids website for streaming, but it will also gain a revival in the form of a fourth season. Giving us the show's first central female protagonist, this season would be an adaptation of Mariel of Redwall (which, coincidentally, was the fourth published book of the series). There have already been Redwall games in the past, so I thought it would be more unique to specifically revive the cartoon this version of Matthias is from instead.

For Sagwa, her brother Dongwa is interested in Tai Chi and Kung Fu, perhaps it would be fun to include some of that in her moveset? Oh, and some cute tail swipes too of course; She is a calligrapher, after all.

Lucita and AJ... well, I think it'd be pretty fun if AJ was the main playable one instead, actually. I'm a bit biased though, since he's a pretty nice representation of autistic kids... but his variety of gadgets and his ability to project his thoughts is also a bit more unique to me. Either way though, the idea of a "work as a team" gimmick without actually having to swap between different characters is fun! This could probably explore the idea deeper than what I did with Nature Cat's light attacks.

I came up with a fun idea for a gimmick for Elinor. You know those moments that happen in the show occasionally where these big zoom-in shots happen? Perhaps those could be incorporated somehow... in something of an opposite to Nature Cat's big gimmick, Elinor leans heavier into studying the opponent. This is for finding weaknesses in them; once she's studied them enough, she gains access to the ability to strike harder with her charged light attacks when the opponent leaves themselves open after an attack, leading to a zoom-in shot of the "weak point" being struck and opening the door to new combos. Yup, it's a weird fusion of Mortal Kombat 11's Krushing Blow and Street Fighter V's Crush Counter systems! Being light and agile, this shouldn't be too broken, as her lights would be stuck at being kind of weak (even charged) without it.
Alright, it's time to close submissions for the fighters and for sponsor prompts! I thank all of you for your awesome submissions!

Before we begin, here are the results for our next edutainment comapny tie-in!

LeapFrog: 2
Super Duper Publications: 3
Melissa and Doug: 4

Congrats to Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun as Melissa and Dough will be getting some free content and cool PBS Kids tie-in merchandise as part of the big free update after this fighter! This also marks our first edutainment company that is not video game-based getting some content in Brawltime! A BIG first!

Now, let's get going! Vote for your top 2 characters but your own can only come in second!

Saguwa (Saguwa the Chinese Siamese Cat) PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn

Gimmick: Predatory mode or Chinese spirits

Tie-in product: Reboot of her show or Saguwa 3D platformer

Lucita Sky and AJ Gadgets (Hero Elementary) CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23

Gimmick: Tag-team style gimmick

Tie-in product: Hero Elementary RPG Video Game

Elinor (Elinor Wonders Why) IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen

Gimmick: Agility-based gimmick or studying gimmick (Credit to Cyborg Sun)

Tie-in product: Second season of Elinor Wonders Why or puzzle RPG video gam

Duck (WordWorld) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast

Gimmick: Word Builder and Letter Inventory

Tie-in product: New WordWorld video game WordWorld: Your Wonderful World of Words

Matthias (Redwall) Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun

Gimmick: True Warrior (RNG-based dodging gimmick) and swordfighter

Tie-in product: Season 4: Mariel of Redwall and Redwall revival

Now, onto our next two jobs.

Job 470:

Submit a stage job prompt for a stage to come with the fourth Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter. Create a job prompt that is specific but leaves room for creativity.

Job 471:

Well....another year has passed and now, it will soon be time for the fourth year of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit! We will once again be having five companies sponsoring once more! Now, more companies (as expected) who have had history with sponsoring PBS Kids programming as well as companies with no history with the network are contacting the e-sports team behind the Competitive Circuit as well as the Brawltime! development team for content in the form of a Sponsorship Pack as we expected!

Submit up to two companies to sponsor the third year of the PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit! One company must have had history with sponsoring PBS Kids programming and one company must have had no history at all with sponsoring PBS Kids programming.

As for the companies, submit a logo for each. Explain a bit about each company, why you think the company/companies would want to sponsor the Competitive Circuit and give content to PBS Kids: Brawltime! and what their Sponsorship Pack will entail whether it would be an item, stage reskin, Legacy Skin, etc.

For the company that has had history of sponsoring PBS Kids programming, add in which shows the company has sponsored as well.

The company you submit that has NO PBS Kids history must fall into one of the following categories submitted by me, Pop and Cyborg Sun.

• A company that has had history in eSports in terms of sponsoring an event or something along those lines.
  • A company based on an amusement park business like Kennywood, Cedar Fair/Six Flags, etc.
  • A company that is an automotive brand or a company that deals with road vehicles in a way.
The top two companies from each category will get in so we will have a total of four sponsors once again!

Get submitting and voting and use your imagination!

1. Saguwa (I loved her show as a kid and we need more females. Throw in the fact she would be a quadrupedal fighter too! An archetype rarely covered in platform fighters!)
2. Matthias (I love the idea for his gimmick and can come off as a very shocking reveal for sure!)

All are great submissions for sure and I had fun reading everyone's idea!

Stage job prompt

Submit a stage based on an original location from PBS Kids: Brawltime! that is based on either a mode in the game or a video game seen in PBS Kids: Brawltime! character reveal trailers! You CANNOT submit anything based on the Story Mode.

We should add more original PBS Kids: Brawltime! stages based on other aspects of the game besides the Story Mode. The modes themselves can make cool stages alongside some of the fake video games in the reveal trailers like PBS Kids Party Panic in Curious George's reveal trailer, a stage based on Wombat Quest III, etc. Lots of cool things you can do here!

PBS Kids: Brawltime! Championship Circuit Year 4 Sponsors

Sponsor with PBS Kids History

IKEA

72HgKgZd_400x400.jpg

The store's name is pronounced ee-KEH-yah in Swedish but IKEA is a company well-known for their furniture as well as for their food court food. Starting in Sweden in 1943, this brand has grown by storm for over 80 years. With their iconic furniture, home accessories, home services, etc., they have been prepared to make high-quality products! In terms of PBS Kids history, they are a modern-day sponsor and I believe they still are a sponsor of PBS Kids shows. They have sponsored shows such as Arthur, Wild Kratts, Pinkalicious and Peterrific, and Molly of Denali. Overall, their history really shows that they are a proud sponsor of PBS Kids. As for PBS Kids: Brawltime!, they will simply provide lots of fun in-game content and some cool tie-in promotions (potentially gaming furniture based on PBS Kids characters and such?). By making a home a safer place such as putting furniture to your walls, IKEA has you covered!

We definitely need more modern-day PBS Kids sponsors so IKEA is the perfect choice with the brand being so iconic.

Content:

• 1 stage reskin
  • 2 items (1 based on the furniture from there promoting their PBS Kids furniture line-up and 1 based on a food court food item)
  • 1 Legacy Skin

Sponsor with no PBS Kids history

Cedar Fair/Six Flags

3FAB90DB-F823-4BC9-AFDA-FFCD642AFEA0.jpeg

I got inspired by Pop's job prompt but an amusement park brand would be lots of fun. Last year in November of 2023, Six Flags and Cedar Fair merged. Both of these brands were rivals but are now combined to make one of the biggest amusement park empires out there!

Cedar Fair was founded in 1983 and is an amusement park company known for its amusement parks. You may know them for owning Dorney Park, Knott's Berry Farm, etc. In terms of licensed rides/attractions that Cedar Fair has had in their amusement parks, they did have Peanuts and Star Trek-themed amusement parks but both closed down. However, Cedar Fair does own a gaming facility as well so they do have eSports history in a way, and not really as they did not have any big events hosted in that venue. Their main park is Cedar Point in Ohio which is where their headquarters is. Six Flags, on the other hand, is older than it started in 1962 and is a theme park chain well known for thrill rides. Six Flags does have some PBS Kids and PBS Kids Sprout history in a way as some Six Flags theme parks had areas themed after Thomas and Friends and The Wiggles. But, Six Flags never sponsored any PBS Kids shows so they don't count. My dad works near one of the Six Flags theme parks as well which is cool! I have been to Six Flags Great Adventure which is in New Jersey. I'm not a huge thrill ride person but the theming and park could do with some revamping as I have not been there in almost a decade!

But, with this awesome sponsor in mind, there can be some cool stuff in the works. A potential PBS Kids-themed area with rides themed after PBS Kids shows, demos of PBS Kids: Brawltime! at the various theme parks owned by Six Flags and Cedar Fair, and a major tournament held at a big park of theirs, etc., there's LOTS of cool tie-in promotional things that can happen! We do not have any amusement park sponsors yet so they are the perfect choice!

Content:

• 1 stage reskin based on the various theme parks Six Flags and Cedar Fair own
  • 3-4 items (1/2 based on rides/attractions from the parks or one to promote a PBS Kids themed-ride coming there and 1/2 items based on theme park food/other stuff there)
  • 2 Legacy Skins
It's going to be a bit bigger of a package as they are a huge company after all!

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Vote time!

1. Elinor (sorry Sagwa, I like you and would've been third vote if I could, but Elinor's been a recent favorite of mine and I really want her!)
2. Matthias

Stage job prompt:

Submit a stage based on an original PBS Kids website! Note that this does not include sites/games based on other shows, this is for properties that are full-on "web-only" like EekoWorld.

Having Cheeko in the game is already a nice big bone thrown to a time when they had a bunch of unique websites that didn't connect to any show, but there is still so much to explore on this front. I get it's a bit confusing though and info is hard to find on sites like this, so here is a link to where you can find a bunch of these old websites as examples.

I'm not super-versed in the "Sponsor History" of PBS Kids, but here is a sponsor I know for sure has recent history:

McCormick

the spice must flow.png

This might look like a lot... but tonight... is taco night. ...Uh, sorry, that's sort of been burned into my brain, lol. I know, I said we already have a lot of food companies, but hey, why not? McCormick is primarily a spice brand, so that's still kind of unique. I know for sure they've been sponsoring Work It Out Wombats! and Rosie's Rules, making them a super modern sponsor choice. This pack features:

• 2-3 Items (at least one should be a "non-spice" item they make, like food coloring)
  • 1 Stage Reskin
  • 2 Legacy Skins

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
1. Elinor
2. Sagwa (Self-vote, but I do really like her show and it's pretty obscure)

Palace Entertainment

I WAS originally going to submit just Kennywood itself, but since they are really only a small local amusement park business, I figured I'd submit their owner, Palace Entertainment!

Founded in 1998 as a subsidiary of Parques Reunidos, Palace Entertainment has been known for owning a lot of local amusement park businesses all across the United States, which include Castle Park and Boomers! in California, Miami Seaquarium, Noah's Ark Water Park, Idle Wild and Soak Zone, Dutch Wonderland, SandCastle Water Park, and yes, Kennywood. I do think they should make it in as a sponser because I kinda feel their parks could use that extra pizzazz from PBS Kids properties to bring more fun and wonder to their many existing parks.

In terms of what could come to their parks, have some PBS Kids themed lands filled with all kinds of rides and attractions and food themed to various PBS Kids shows. There can even be special events happening at the parks holding PBS Kids: Brawltime! tourneys what can even be a park-hopping service!

As far as content is concerned
-1 or 2 stages based on Palace Entertainment parks
-3-4 items
-3 legacy skins

CoolCarrot23

Smash Cadet
1. Sagwa
2. Duck

Toyota

Since anyone has yet to submit an automotive company as a sponser, here's one!

As a Japanese-founded car company founded in 1937, most people might know them for many state-of-the-art high quality vehicles, such as Camry, Corolla and the iconic Sienna.

Why should they get content? Well, they're just an iconic car company!

There can be a whole Sienna themed to PBS Kids properties painted onto it. That's one thing I can think of

Content:
-1 stage
-a few items
-2 legacy skins

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Sagwa
2. Duck

Toyota

Since anyone has yet to submit an automotive company as a sponser, here's one!

As a Japanese-founded car company founded in 1937, most people might know them for many state-of-the-art high quality vehicles, such as Camry, Corolla and the iconic Sienna.

Why should they get content? Well, they're just an iconic car company!

There can be a whole Sienna themed to PBS Kids properties painted onto it. That's one thing I can think of

Content:
-1 stage
-a few items
-2 legacy skins
1. Sagwa
2. Elinor

I'll probably submit a sponsor later, but in the meantime, Ikea would be a nice sponsor :)
You two can submit sponsors with PBS Kids history as well. I encourage everyone to submit the 2 sponsors for sure.

I know the “side dishes” jobs and content aren’t everyone’s thing but I guess I’m in the minority of people who LOVE the e-Sports side of Brawltime!

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
OK I did a quick Google search to see if they have any PBS Kids history and all I could find was a small parody of them from Between the Lions so I think I'm in the clear with my second submission:

FedEx
Fedex.png

Speeeeeedy delivery! This was the brand that sorta helped me in choosing the "vague automotive theme" for my prompt submission, remember they don't explicitly have to be car manufacturers! I realized having a mail carrier sponsor could lead to a Mr. McFeely Legacy Skin for Mister Rogers. That's literally my only logic here lol.

• 1 Stage Reskin
  • 2 Items
  • 4 Mail Carrier career-themed Legacy Skins (One of them HAS to be Rogers cosplaying Mr. McFeely!)
Also, looks like Sagwa's got this in the bag, lol. I actually already made an icon for her before I decided to focus on making one for every member of the actual Brawltime cast, I'll share once the results are finalized.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, so I will close the character voting and here are the results...

Saguwa: 7
Lucita Sky and AJ Gadgets: 0
Elinor: 5
Duck: 1
Matthias: 2

Well...the cat is really out of the bag here and it seems the Chinese Siamese cat herself, Saguwa joins PBS Kids: Brawltime! as our fourth Learner's Pass Vol. 2 fighter and will be revealed at the Championship Circuit finale in Boston, Massachusetts so congrats to PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn for his awesome submission!

We will do a job about what her tie-in product is as I don't know whether or not you want to go with the reboot of her show or a 3 D platformer.

Now...

Stage job prompts are still open so get them in if you didn't get one in!

Also, sponsor submissions are open so....for PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn and CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 can submit a sponsor with PBS Kids history and IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen can submit a sponsor or two sponsors whenever they would like to.

Onto our next wave of jobs:

Job 472:

Submit a homestage for Saguwa. Describe its layout, hazards, and/or gimmicks.

Job 473:

Submit an assist job prompt for an assist to come with Saguwa.

Job 474:

Submit an item job prompt for an item to come with Saguwa.

Job 475:

It's time once again for our second Super Sponsor for PBS Kids: Brawltime!
Basically, the company that decides to sponsor will have a big, meaty Sponsorship Pack with tons more goodies than a typical Sponsorship Pack. Alongside this, the company will be producing a line of products related to the PBS Kids IPs and potentially other IPs in PBS Kids: Brawltime! for some promotion that will last beyond PBS Kids: Brawltime's lifespan! This company will also be the big name for the Championship Circuit sponsors and the circuit itself! You CANNOT submit JumpStart Games again as we already did them.

For this job, you must:

• Submit a photo of the company. The company can have PBS Kids history or no PBS Kids history. Any company is allowed.
  • Describe the product that the company will be making in relation to PBS Kids: Brawltime! and the PBS Kids IPs
  • Why the company should be selected and what they would offer
  • The content for the Sponsorship Pack...basically, this will have a higher count of content and throw in one/two big extra goodies.
With that being said, get submitting and use your imagination!

Homestage for Saguwa

The Foolish Magistrate's Palace

x1080.jpeg

Ok so...there's not TOO many locations I found for this show but I thought I would just do where Saguwa lives. It's basically a huge stage where you fight in the gardens and such and get to break the roofs and architecture. But...don't worry, the architecture will rebuild itself in a few seconds once you break it. Various characters from the show appear including the magistrate's family. However, sometimes, those nasty alley cats will appear so watch out! They'll come and try and tease you by reversing your controls! But, if you simply throw an item at them, they will simply run away and you will be rewarded with a stat buff courtesy of the magistrate!

Assist Job Prompt

Submit an assist based on a character or thing seen exclusively on a PBS Kids webpage that does not tie into any PBS Kids show, similar to EekoWorld.

Item Job Prompt

Submit an item based on a character or thing seen exclusively on a PBS Kids webpage that does not tie into any PBS Kids show. similar to EekoWorld.

I got inspired by Cyborg Sun since we need more web-exclusive-themed content in this game. Sure, it's deeper in the Archives but...I feel we can find some fun stuff based on the exclusive to PBSKids.org webpages.

Super Sponsor

Resubmitting Learning Curve

Unknown.png

They are now folded under Tomy but...I am sure with anything possible these days, the brand name will come back in this universe. To be fair, I am certain most of you recognize this toy company by the logo. They have had quite some PBS Kids history sponsorsing Bob the Builder and Thomas and Friends. They have been the makers of Thomas and Friends toys from 1992 to 2012-ish. In fact, they made Take-Along lines of Thomas and Friends, Bob the Builder and Sesame Street. There was even a Nick Jr. Take-Along line but that didn't last too long. Heck, they even made toys for Super Why and Dinosaur Train which Dinosaur Train is surprisingly not yet represented in PBS Kids: Brawltime! Take-Along lines were toy lines based around vehicles and playsets that you could bring anywhere with you and the magnets on the toy vehicles could be connected either way. Speaking of Take-Along....the big thing they are making is...

PBS Kids Take-Along!!!!

That's right! The Take-Along name is back and better than ever! This time, you will see various PBS Kids characters in vehicles seen across PBS Kids shows and even some obscurer ones in PBS Kids IDs, interstitials, etc. coming as toys. There will also be original concepts for shows with not too many vehicles potentially. There will also be playsets based on locations seen in PBS Kids shows as well as original concepts. You can also expect Deluxe Play Scenes similar to the Thomas Take-Along ones based on cool action scenes from PBS Kids shows with vehicles as well as a DVD with a QR code you can scan to emulate the promotional DVD feel. I don't think it would be feasible to make physical promotional DVDs but hey...even if the disc could be held and taken out of the package..it still counts.

There would also be the return of certain toys from the former Take-Along lines of PBS Kids shows like Thomas and Friends, Bob the Builder and Sesame Street but we could always double dip and give them new models here. Super Why and its toys can be re-released too and if this show ever joins eventually...Dinosaur Train will get its toys as well re-released. Also, other older Learning Curve toys like the Thomas Wooden Railway toys and such will be re-released with some new names too for the brand depending on the popularity of the re-launch!

Basically, we can do a side job for this to determine the vehicles, playsets, etc. if this gets chosen but they will offer a heavy sum to the prize pool and really bring back a lot of toy nostalgia.

Super Sponsorship Pack Content for Learning Curve:

• 2 Legacy Skins
  • 4 items (2 based on original Learning Curve toys or licensed toys from PBS Kids shows and 2 based on toys from the PBS Kids Take-Along line)
  • 2 stage reskins
  • 1 original stage based on an original PBS Kids Take-Along playset
  • A tie-in episode to a certain PBS Kids show that is VERY tied into this brand promoting the PBS Kids Take-Along range!
Since this is a big promotion, we might as well add an original stage based on an original PBS Kids Take-Along playset for that product placement! For ever bigger product placement, my tie-in episode is going to be...useful, so to speak ;) Sweet nostalgia, here we come!

The funny thing is, this would be our second educational-based toy brand with content in PBS Kids: Brawltime! with the first being Melissa and Doug but BOTH are going to be added around the same time-ish.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Homestage for Sagwa

The Cave of the Ancients
Screenshot 2024-05-27 221952.png

In the show's 3rd episode, Sagwa and her siblings, Sheegwa and Dongwa all accidently wander into a cave (that perhaps their Uncle Meow mentioned to them at one point) full of clay statues all presumably depicting the past warriors who guarded the China palace thousands of years ago, along with their guard cats. Also in the cave, they even find a statue of the old Chinese Emperor who ruled 2000 years ago!

Layout-wise, it can be like Shadow Moses Island, assuming we don't have a stage in-game yet that has a layout similar to it. The clay statues can serve as the platforms and there can be two giant stalagmites that can be broken after enough hits, but they'll grow back overtime. (Funny enough, I did consider making two clay statues the breakable pillars at one point, but I figured it would be a very disrespectful thing to do, lol)

Assist Job Prompt

Submit an assist based on a character or thing based on a historical Chinese invention!

Item Job Prompt

Submit an item based on a character or thing based on a historical Chinese artifact.

Super Sponsor

Pepperidge Farm

And yet, another food company that don't seem to have any history with PBS Kids in the past! (Or did they?) They are most known for making pre-packaged food products mainly being grain or flour or yeast foods, such as bread, crackers, pastries, and their ever-iconic cookies. They are also the makers of the famous GoldFish Crackers, yep, the snack that's known to smile back, they're made by them.

As for what they can make for PBS Kids: Brawltime!?........

Snack Attack Smackdown! You decide the best of the best of their products!

EITHER during a limited in-game event or during the Championship Circuit itself, 16-32 different Pepperidge Farm products can all go toe-to-toe in a traditional tournament, elimination-style, to decide which is the snack to rule em' all. Fans can have the opportunity to bet or place their votes on their favorite Pepperidge Farm products, with each product representing a different player (if in Championship Circuit) or certain fighters or teams of fighters (If via limited in-game tourney event), and the winner gets to advance that Pepperidge Farm product forward in the tourney! The winning Pepperidge Farm product gets to have several big prizes, such as having the fans decide them a new flavor, featuring that product in certain special things, among other grand stuff!

Super Sponsorship Pack Content for Learning Curve:

• 2-3 Legacy Skins
  • 4-5 items (All based on Pepperidge Farm's delicious products!)
  • 2 stage reskins
  • 1 original stage based on Pepperidge Farm products, heck, maybe even one themed to GoldFish Crackers, since their world has some rich lore behind it
  • A full range of Pepperidge Farm products all themed to various PBS Kids characters, examples can include Splash and Bubbles GoldFish Crackers, Sagwa's Calligraphy Turnovers, and Cookies shaped like PBS Kids characters!
  • A tie-in short featuring a crossover between the PBS Kids: Brawltime! roster with the animated characters from the GoldFish Crackers commercials and shorts, which feature Gilbert (The Pretzel GoldFish Cracker), Brooke (The Parmesan GoldFish Cracker), Xtreme (The Flavor-Blasted Cheddar GoldFish Cracker), and Finn (the main Cheddar GoldFish Cracker)

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Hey everyone,

I will leave open this wave of jobs until tomorrow hopefully. So..that means for PopCultureCorn PopCultureCorn , you can submit a stage prompt and a sponsor with PBS Kids history for the Championship Circuit.

IkeaInklingMustHappen IkeaInklingMustHappen , you can submit a stage prompt, assist prompt, item prompt, your two sponsors, and your Super Sponsor for the Championship Circuit

CoolCarrot23 CoolCarrot23 , you can submit a stage prompt, assist prompt, item prompt, a sponsor with PBS Kids history and your Super Sponsor for the Championship Circuit

Cyborg Sun Cyborg Sun , you can submit an assist prompt, item prompt and your Super Sponsor for the Championship Circuit.

Now...a big Discussion Question to tide us over:

Discussion Question:

I have been hinting at this for a LONG while but...after we complete the 36 fighters, would anyone be interested in doing content for a PBS Kids: Brawltime! Definitive Edition? If so, what type of new in-game content should we add? Should we add additional fighters, stages, etc.? Any sort of promotion for it? This is YOUR time to talk about what you want to see for this BIG final addition for PBS Kids: Brawltime! being a neat Definitive Edition like a good chunk of fighting games have gotten over the years!

With that said, get discussing!

I'll share my ideas later as I have a good picture of what I want for this Definitive Edition but I have other stuff to do, just wanted to get this discussion question out there!

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I think I like the other submissions as-is, I've got nothing to add for now.

I would love to have a period of time where we make "Definitive Edition" content. It'd give me just a bit more time to figure out what I want to do with a successor to this thread (since I still have those aspirations and a lot of ideas). In a crazy scenario, I would love a whopping 4 new characters to be added (I like the roster being divisible by 4 and 40 is a great round number lol), but that might be a bit much and you probably don't want to do that lmao. Though in terms of modes, that "Network Domination" mode I proposed would be a great final addition if nothing else.

Hopefully we have a discussion for where people want to take a hypothetical sequel someday. Like I said, I've got lots of ideas (some of which I shared in the site's status with you), but I wanna see what other people would think. It's still probably too early for that right now though.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
For my opinions on the Definitive Edition:

I would love to have a definitive edition of PBS Kids: Brawltime! as it would be a nice way to wrap up the game.

In terms of new fighters, I do feel Cyborg Sub hit an idea I want to do. The possibility of adding 4 new fighters to round the roster to 40.

For the four fighters, I am considering:

• One "guest" character based on other kids' media (if that does not become a guest character category) to promote a fictitious upcoming PBS Kids show or special based on a famous kids IP (book or movie)
  • One fan-favorite character who missed the boat
  • One second rep from an already represented series
  • One finale rep (don't know how we would do this)
We can determine the types of characters we want but, I would also like new homestages for the new fighters and some extra stages. There would be some new assists, items, etc. I do agree that the Network Domination mode Cyborg posed would be PERFECT for a definitive edition. Also, I was thinking of adding one BIG final Story Mode chapter as well as a potential "Thank You" or "Definitive" themed Legacy Skin for all 36 or 40 fighters could really work too.

We can also determine the goodies that come with the game's package in a Collector's Edition but...my idea for all the goodies is going to be REALLY for the VIP (Very Important Player).

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Here's what I would do for a lineup of "Final Four" fighters personally, in this exact reveal/thread content creation order:

• One second/third rep for an already-represented series. (a few series have two reps, so there is a chance one of those here would get a third!)
  • One villain character OR one misc. popular pick who missed out, regardless of assist status. (they are rare in the PBS Kids multiverse, but Hacker is the only true "villain" on the roster... if this theme is used for one of the Season 2 DLC characters, the "popular pick" choice could be used instead)
  • One "Shill Pick" for a very recent series, essentially anything from 2020-present. (oh look Cyborg is looking for any excuse to put Carl into the game even though the series isn't out yet woooooo... but there are others like Lyla in the Loop that fit here too)
  • One "What If?" pick, an idea similar to the "misc kids' media" pick, imagining a scenario where we give a beloved kids' book its own PBS Kids series or even just a special movie in this universe we've created, and this fighter would promote that.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok.....

So in terms of the definitive edition, well, I do like the idea of the roster of fighters being rounded up to 40, but I'm not sure if anyone really said that it would actually happen, so whether or not it'll actually happen is kind of up in the air right now. I must say, I did kinda state multiple times that I wanted this thread to be over with ASAP so that I could finally move on with my life, so when the time actually comes to actually add the definitive content, I'm still deciding if I really want to stay around for that, OR I just go with my original plan and consider my work on this thread complete one we reach the 7th fighter of the Learner's Pass Vol. 2. I mean, whenever I'm away from this thread, perhaps Cyborg can be left in charge of it?

What I would like to see for the 4 Definitive Edition fighters......

• A character from a popular children's book series, as in, multiple books in a series. (Or maybe from just one book is ok, I don't care)
  • A character whom got submitted multiple times in the past but never got the chance
  • A villain, we need more of these, Multiversus added the Joker when they relaunched
  • EITHER a second rep from a guest fighter series or a new VERY SPECIAL guest series to get a fighter

Last edited:
Top Bottom