• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would prefer it if they hired real voice actors instead of celebrities/actors. That's supposedly why so many people were upset about Chris Pratt, right?
And Tom Holland.

Tom Holland voicing Link in the upcoming TLoZ film!

Also John Cena as Groose.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Im about to replay Miitopia, TheMightyP TheMightyP , Noipoi Noipoi , Aurane Aurane yall will be my first part members.

Idk how yall look so Im making you animals
Nah don’t worry I’ll describe myself

I’m 6’7, I have a lean yet incredibly toned body, and a six pack, and smoldering dark eyes, and did I mention I make six figures and drive a sports car?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Give it to 10 years of the MonsterVerse!

Comics:
Godzilla: Awakening (2014)
Skull Island: The Birth of Kong (2017)
Godzilla: Aftershock (2019)
Kingdom Kong (2021)
Godzilla: Dominion (2021)
Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong (2023)
Godzilla x Kong: The Hunted (2024)

Movies:
Godzilla (2014)
Kong: Skull Island (2017)
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (2024)

Shows:
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters (2023)

Mamboo07 Mamboo07 @NonSpecificGuy @DanganZilla5 and anyone else I'm forgetting.
Great!

I think you forgot the animated Kong Skull Island series

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Great!

I think you forgot the animated Kong Skull Island series
Better that I did. I honestly thought it sucked tbh. It didn't feel like it was part of the MonsterVerse and more like its own thing.

Bland, generic and boring characters, awkward dialogue, choppy-*** animation that looks like something that came out in the early 2000s. We're in the 21st century and Avatar: The Last Airbender from 2005 alone had better animation than this. Action also felt subpar.

IMO easily the worst installment of the MonsterVerse and only one I truly dislike.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Joe Merrick of Serebii posted a Pokémon theory that I too have wondered: Could the Legend Plate from Legends: Arceus been a teaser for the Stellar type?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I would prefer it if they hired real voice actors instead of celebrities/actors. That's supposedly why so many people were upset about Chris Pratt, right?
People just tried to make any excuse to hate Chris Pratt for no reason.

Note how no one complains about the other actors in the film, and how people wanted Robert Pattinson for example to voice shadow as a big celebrity.

If it’s a celebrity that can voice act, or people enjoy more, they will not complain about it when it comes to movie casting.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Really? I was sure it was Jim Carrey tbh...
Probably due to the ongoing preparations of retirement combined with being Eggman, but Jim lost the top spot to Dafoe (which tbh I would’ve never thought of either as Waluigi…actually…I never pictured him being in a movie in general)
Pretty sure we all would prefer that but it's not like it would actually happen because Hollywood
best we can hope for is to continue to have a mix between voice and live actors playing the characters like with the first movie (or actors that excel at both)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 389452

How long til the AI fad dies down. I'm tired of seeing it everywhere.
I can tell you the general populace does not give two ****s about AI. It's a bunch of buzzwords and marketing gimmicks to them.

On that note, a lot of stuff that's been marketed as AI is legit stuff we already seen. There's been image search via cameras before, object recognition via camera before, a lot of accessibility features and databases for business already used AI to begin with. It's a marketing buzzword now to an audience that does not care for it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Seems like Nintendo is cancelling pre-orders for Paper Mario on both Amazon and Wal-Mart, at least in the US.

Why tho? :217:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Seems like Nintendo is cancelling pre-orders for Paper Mario on both Amazon and Wal-Mart, at least in the US.

Why tho? :217:
Are they pushing back the release date without yet announcing it or something?

I've only pre-ordered games a handful of times in my life so I'm not sure if that's even a standard or common reason why a company would cancel pre-orders for it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I got everything for my con outfit except for a wig and I probably won't get one, so my Denji is gonna have twists and should really get a line up.

Shoutouts to thrift stores, y'all made the entire thing like $35 total, and like $25 of that was getting generic white shoes at Walmart.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I got everything for my con outfit except for a wig and I probably won't get one, so my Denji is gonna have twists and should really get a line up.

Shoutouts to thrift stores, y'all made the entire thing like $35 total, and like $25 of that was getting generic white shoes at Walmart.
I was thinking of cosplaying Bowser one day but that whole outfit would probably cost me millions.

Denji is way easier I’ll just do that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I was thinking of cosplaying Bowser one day but that whole outfit would probably cost me millions.
That one engineering furry with too much time on their hands when Noi pays them for the Bowser suit
52124584ecad041839000018.jpeg

I was initially gonna order a Goku Black costume but then the weather said 85 and sunny so lol on that

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not to put too fine of a point on it but the Zelda movie will be live action

Which doesn't rule out Tom Holland putting on the tunic
I mean John Cena does have the height and physique to play Groose.
Probably due to the ongoing preparations of retirement combined with being Eggman, but Jim lost the top spot to Dafoe (which tbh I would’ve never thought of either as Waluigi…actually…I never pictured him being in a movie in general)
Shucks, honestly Jim Carrey as Waluigi vibes more with me. I can see him doing an absolute performance on that role as he has with Dr. Robotik.

But I don't doubt William Dafoe would still do a great performance as well especially given his role as Green Goblin.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Been watching the Pokemon XY anime. Not every episode, there’s obviously a lot of filler, really just the important stuff.

On the one hand, it’s the Pokémon anime. It’s obviously not peak fiction. On the other hand, the battles are pretty damn good.
It’s a peak shoenn anime until the league fight.

Team Flare plot is crazy and the anime is the only reason I remember any of the gym leaders of flare members names today lol

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
And Tom Holland.

Tom Holland voicing Link in the upcoming TLoZ film!

Also John Cena as Groose.
Rather have someone like Taron Egerton or Jamie Bell

People just tried to make any excuse to hate Chris Pratt for no reason.

Note how no one complains about the other actors in the film, and how people wanted Robert Pattinson for example to voice shadow as a big celebrity.

If it’s a celebrity that can voice act, or people enjoy more, they will not complain about it when it comes to movie casting.
Doesn’t help he’s also taken up roles like Garfield (both him and Mario have very iconic voices on literal opposites of the vocal energy spectrum, while Pratt just kinda sounds more in the middle) but I just think Chris Pratt was probably the least fitting voice out of everyone in the cast, the rest either had their natural voice suited the character well like Charlie Day Luigi or put on a voice that suited the character well like Jack Black Bowser. I wasn’t too big on Rogen DK but I’m honestly just sick of hearing Rogen in everything and while I like Fred Armisen, wasn’t too big on his Cranky voice tbh. As much as i understand the stigma, I’m not opposed to celebrity voice acting as a whole considering so many beloved characters have celebrity voices and quite a few actors have become VAs in television or other media, to me it’s a matter of how much the voice and acting mesh with the character cuz I feel like it can be pretty distracting if you can only picture the celebrity with a character talking and it takes you out of the experience.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
El perro, el perro, es mi corazón,
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
Cilantro es cantante,
Cilantro es muy famoso,
Cilantro es el hombre con el queso del diablo.
My favorite song from **** in Boots: The Last Wish

Top Bottom