• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/21 Oneida Smash Tournament LOW TIER+++

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Sadly I don't know anyone up here that plays brawl. =( All my friends who play brawl live downstate near poughkeepsie.

pdiddy

Smash Cadet
NEW RULES AND REGULATIONS YA"LL!!!

$5 VENUE FEE NOW IN EFFECT!!!!!!
and most importantly

No more Melee tournaments will be held at this tournament sry guys...obviously any and all players still welcome and we will now hold.............

LOW TIER TOURNEY!!!!!!! 5$ entry feee!!!!

Kantō

Smash Champion
low tier oh yea. my PT is comming to ****!!!!!

also pdiddy, i have to work till 1 that day shouldnt be a problem though. i wont be able to help u out in the moringing is all

Acton

Smash Journeyman
So whats going on with tomorow guys? Are we still gonna get together and brawl? Where at? Message me on AIM or here.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
So where are we having it? I got in touch with gaia x the other day and I was under the impression we might be having it there but he had to ask his gf. I mean w/e is good but it sounds like your going to work at 5 so it might not be a good idea to have it at your place cause then whoever else comes we wont be able to brawl to long, but if thats the only place we can go w/e. My place isn't good either kinda small and I only have the one regular tv. I live in liverpool near the great northern mall. If you guys wanna bring your own setups I can ask my room mate about it and we could prob have it here. It sounds like you live in oneida county bry and I'm only a half an hour from where you guys are having the tourney next weekend. Get in touch with me on aim or msn I'll be on all tonight.

Kantō

Smash Champion
sharky, were smashin at my place at 1

be there or be square.

but we can only smash till like 430 cuz i gots to go to werk ugh.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Im not gonna be free tommarrow till a lil later. Ill have bry hit me up when he leaves from work maybe u guys can go from there to here afterwards. Ill see whats up. My ike will win the low tier tournament. Then me and fran will win low tier dubz if theres even enough teams. Lol Rouund robin!

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
@alt what time do you think we'll be there by?
Tournament will start at 3:00 and brackets will be set so the faster we sign up the faster we play!!
-Times will very so no use in noting
Brawl Dubz First and well go from there
Wait... Brawl dubz first as in
1 Doubles
2 Low Tier Doubles
3 Low Tier Singles
4 Singles
or
1 Low Tier Doubles
2 Low Tier Singles
3 Doubles
4 Singles
?
Choice 2, right?

4 Stock Dubz
Wait, what?
--------We Have 5 BRAWL setups.
Is this including mine or did I forget to mention I got one?
Attendance list is too short. Cmon people, hype this shiz!

@ bry MM at some point, I need to see your new and improved pikachu!

Sharky

Smash Master
I probably won't be able to make it to bry's place, I've got hw to do. I might be done in time to get to cura's if he becomes available, though.

pdiddy

Smash Cadet
not to worry guys we will wait for u for brawl singles and dubz..

low tier dubz first
low tier singles
brawl dubz
brawl singles

that'll be the order and it is negotiable and we will wait for whoever for so long so not to worry guys just try n get here as fast as possible

and so today..... everyone needs to call BRY----4808048------ practice today this sunday we all have to be there if u can come...COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/15/2009

Sharky

Smash Master
let it be known that I forced cura to switch from Ike to Samus against me in low tiers, and we're still going even. Get at me!

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Peachy, take the train and I can pick you up from the train station and you'll only have to pay me like 10$ for the whole weekend for gas money.

I looked up the info for you and if you want to depart and leave at a reasonable time, had you departing on friday at:

Depart:
1:31 pm, Friday, November 20, 2009

Arrive:
3:49 pm, Friday, November 20, 2009

Duration:
2 hr, 18 min

And the return Trip:

Depart:
9:41 pm, Sunday, November 22, 2009

Arrive:
11:55 pm, Sunday, November 22, 2009

Duration:
2 hr, 14 min

The departure trip would cost 36 unless you want to leave at 4am. xD then you could save 11 bucks but I'm not gonna come pick you up at the train station at 7 so if you wanted to sit for a few hours to save 11 bucks? LOL could do that but if your sane I'd go with what I looked up ther are other times available.

The return trip cost 25$ Comes to 61$ round trip. Gonna have a lot of fun that weekend so I'd say its worth it. xD

Check out amtrak.com for details. If your interested pm me over here or get in touch with me on aim.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I predict cura will continue his streak of not winning. dispite the fact that as far as i know. me, jesse, neil and san are not going.
also, i hope you have a bunch of casual people coming to this cus its currently lookinglike a like... 12 man turnout.

Kantō

Smash Champion
I predict cura will continue his streak of not winning. dispite the fact that as far as i know. me, jesse, neil and san are not going.
also, i hope you have a bunch of casual people coming to this cus its currently lookinglike a like... 12 man turnout.
it will still be fun:chuckle:

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I like how when u listed the good people not going you decided to throw your name in there. Lol thats humorous seeing how i beat you with kirby last tournament <3! But assuming snaakeee and cjt still come theres a chance i probably will lose but who knows! ill win low tiers though :D Seeing how i just beat sharky in a 1$ MM!

pdiddy

Smash Cadet
well considering i picked a bad date... its still gonna be a good tourney next time ill look ahead to make sure i dont screw us on the date

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well considering i picked a bad date... its still gonna be a good tourney next time ill look ahead to make sure i dont screw us on the date
all I want is a better name...

and honest opinion coming up here

small tourneys in little towns, imo arent really supposed to be about maximisign competition. they should be about fostering the community. fostering the community in my mind is about bringing in more casual people that play to come in and have some fun with some players that are trying to get better.

And I truly think the 10% per event entry fee, does a lot to counteract what you are trying to do with your tournament. if you just wanted an event for the people that you already know that play, this could have been just a smash fest with like a 5$ cover to get in, and just do money matches all day. but i would hope you are trying to get more people in your area to play. and those that might be open to somethign like this, will be instantly turned off by 30, 40 and possibly even 50 dollars for an entry fee. especially when there already going ot be a pretty low turn out.

i hope this makes sence, im not tryign to change it for right now, but to help do whats best for future tourneys and in the long run.

altairian

Smash Lord

small tourneys in little towns, imo arent really supposed to be about maximisign competition. they should be about fostering the community. fostering the community in my mind is about bringing in more casual people that play to come in and have some fun with some players that are trying to get better.

And I truly think the 10% per event entry fee, does a lot to counteract what you are trying to do with your tournament. if you just wanted an event for the people that you already know that play, this could have been just a smash fest with like a 5$ cover to get in, and just do money matches all day. but i would hope you are trying to get more people in your area to play. and those that might be open to somethign like this, will be instantly turned off by 30, 40 and possibly even 50 dollars for an entry fee. especially when there already going ot be a pretty low turn out.

i hope this makes sence, im not tryign to change it for right now, but to help do whats best for future tourneys and in the long run.
$5 entries aren't bad at all, and we should have plenty of setups for friendlies and the possibility of staying overnight and smashing even more. I do agree that fostering the community is important, but I know that the syracuse guys have been trying really hard to find new players in their area so I don't see a need to get on them about it too much ;)

Anyways my work schedule BLOWS this week, but I'm still planning on coming. Hopefully I can get friday night off or I'm gonna have to rely on energy drinks for the first time in my life o_o

Kantō

Smash Champion
but I know that the syracuse guys have been trying really hard to find new players in their area
Yes, yes we have. and for the most part its been working. we have guys like you Alt. who has been going to every tourney which is awesome.

aslo, energy drinks will kill you:p

Sharky

Smash Master

lolit'snottendollarsit'sfivehechangeditagesago

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
oh... why was I was not informed of this. i might have been able to come...

also, if you havent already, go to places that you think smash players might go and promote in person, arcades, lan centers, college gaming clubs. high school gaming clubs if you have to... come to think of it, i still have to hit up one of the colleges around here, and im probably overdue for a visit to my old HS

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
also, 1 days worth of energy drink wont hurt you in the slightest, just dont think you can do that kind of stuff consistently

Kantō

Smash Champion
dammit KID, why didnt u pay attention? u could have came?
oh well,ill have to wait till the 6th is when i get my money back from you lol.

Top Bottom