• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX 2010 - Event Done | Partial Results up Side events will be posted ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
random talk in the thread = good for the tournament

there's only so much 'real 'stuff to talk about for the next 7 months; random chitchat keeps the thread at the top
Yea but then its hard to convey important information with a sea of spam. I guess its far enough away that it doesn't matter but when it gets closer it might be necessary.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
question(prefer to be answered via PM) when we get to the new brunswick station and can call you(or a TO) to pick us up, what number should be calling?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
i'll post up my number shortly do not worry

also I got "HUGE NEWS regarding sponsors and setups :)

lets say with contracts pending we will have confirmed 100 setups 50 brawl and 50 melee.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
HOLY......

Im going to this..no way I am not... ITS 30 MINUTES AWAY....

Who wants to team with me ROFL

Palpi

Smash Hero
Bigm, thats a dumb question. You are paying to go inside of the of the venue. Either way you would pay 30$ because to get inside of the venue it costs 30$

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Adhd was an underdog(not a massive one, but ally and m2k were favored over him).

Also, Ksizzle. I NEVER expected him to get 4th.
I'm sorry but of all the smashers I watched at Pound, Ksizzle was the one I liked the least. not based off personality but play style. EVERY match I watched of his all he did was tornado and time out players who are much better (Dekar is the first that comes to mind). If all it takes to be pro in brawl is knowing how to mash the B button then I should jump on the bandwagon and start making easy money. It's play styles like that that are ruining the metagame and causing Brawl hatred. I'm sure Ksizzle is a great guy, but learn to win without spamming and running.

:link:

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
If coming from New York City or Newark Airport, take the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor Line train and exit at the New Brunswick station. Once there, contact either me or one of the TOs and we will pick you up.
question(prefer to be answered via PM) when we get to the new brunswick station and can call you(or a TO) to pick us up, what number should be calling?
I just thought I'd mention that the venue is only about a 10-minute walk from the station. If you exit the southern end of the station onto Easton Ave, you can walk up Easton Ave, turn right at the first light onto Somerset St, and turn left at the next intersection onto College Ave. Keep walking for another, like, 7 minutes or so, until you find the Rutgers Student Center, which is the venue, on your left.

You can also exit the northern end of the station onto Somerset St, from where you would go left, and turn right at the first intersection, which is College Ave.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
That's Dekar's fault for not knowing how to deal with tornado. Notice how it didn't work on ADHD at all? Diddy Kong is AMAZING vs. tornado.

Ksizzle is an incredibly smart and talented player. He feeds off people's weaknesses in their playstyles--he noticed that Dekar didn't know what to do and capitalized on it. Sure, it doesn't look exciting, but it's certainly legitimate. Dekar's good, but significantly better than Ksizzle? Not even close, lol, and if he couldn't adapt with a character that has great options to defend against and punish tornado, he deserved the loss. He does incredibly well in NJ/NY tournaments against people who CAN deal with mindless spam.

Timing him out, well, not much to say about that. Even still, that's the FIRST time he's actually timed someone out in tourney before. He's never had to rely on that to accomplish the huge things he's done already.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I know you have nothing personally against him, I wasn't treating the post as if you did. He didn't exactly resort to timing him out as far as I know, it just kinda happened. Like I said, it's extremely atypical of him and isn't generally part of his style. If it was that easy, don't you think he'd have done it to ADHD and won?

pockyD

Smash Legend
YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

if i were good enough to get that far, would i "gay" it up with a few hundred dollars on the line? no question about it... and i'm pretty sure you would too

your assertion that the player you're favoring "Dekar" is "much better" is so flawed that it's ridiculous; how can a better player not be able to deal with a tactic that simple?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im personally of the idea, that that amsah/jman match was just as gay, if not gayer than anything that happened in brawl

*CT*

Smash Lord
im personally of the idea, that that amsah/jman match was just as gay, if not gayer than anything that happened in brawl
Thanks for reminding me to rewatch that match, but its pretty hard to be gayer than Brawl. (This is coming from someone that plays Brawl)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

if i were good enough to get that far, would i "gay" it up with a few hundred dollars on the line? no question about it... and i'm pretty sure you would too

your assertion that the player you're favoring "Dekar" is "much better" is so flawed that it's ridiculous; how can a better player not be able to deal with a tactic that simple?
I think Pocky summed it up pretty well.

(He almost always does.)

Smooth Criminal

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
I hope other then Smash there will be SSF4, Blazblue, SF3s, and TvC at the tournament.

Tekken 6?

Opps, nevermind since i saw that video :embarrass

Edit

Palpi

Smash Hero
Please upset someone so there isn't jiggs in grandfinals.. atleast not 2 of them. =]

Can't wait for this tourney, but it is hard to imagine I have another full semester of school before this tourney. =/

Twin_A

Smash Champion
PockyD I would have to agree with you. You do whatever it takes to win. I guess the same sense would be if you're in a street fight with more than money on the line, you woudn't fight fair you would do what it takes to win.

And yes hopefully it won't be double jiggs again. That was painful to watch. Maybe if they both went secondaries it would be better lol.

Palpi

Smash Hero
PockyD I would have to agree with you. You do whatever it takes to win. I guess the same sense would be if you're in a street fight with more than money on the line, you woudn't fight fair you would do what it takes to win.

And yes hopefully it won't be double jiggs again. That was painful to watch. Maybe if they both went secondaries it would be better lol.

Mango would easily win in secondaries lol.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Yeah I know Mang0 would win in secondaries. But for the love of God I can't stand to watch another Puff ditto in GF and WF's. It's so annoying it hurts. At Pound all the hype was gone after Amsah and Armada. Maybe ten or twenty of us were sitting down to watch Grand Finals. That's depressing.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I know you have nothing personally against him, I wasn't treating the post as if you did. He didn't exactly resort to timing him out as far as I know, it just kinda happened. Like I said, it's extremely atypical of him and isn't generally part of his style. If it was that easy, don't you think he'd have done it to ADHD and won?
Yo, so when did baby Doom start forming amazing retort posts. Good logic guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom