• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which Final Smash should we include?

• Payload

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cashregister9

Smash Hero
TF2 and Half-life 2 are both contenders for my favorite game of all time, So regardless of any bias I have here for Gordon, I do think either pick would be great.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of our voting!

NamePoints
Team Fortress9
Gordon Freeman3

Please open the spoiler to see who won the voting round!

1716084056239.png

TEAM FORTRESS TEAMS UP
Both Scout, Heavy, and Soldier appears as playable characters within a three-in-one fighter in the same vein of Pokemon Trainer with thee unique movesets and attributes. It will take me a while to set this up so feel free to begin posting about this.. Expect a new job in the morning.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
now we have TF2 rep and for celebrate i did this meme,for we have 2 companies from different consoles,1 company from mobile game and 1 company from a game platform for computers[/SPOILER]
8qjei1.jpg

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok everyone, I had time to think about how we are goingt o incorporate the Team Fortress members. I have had a busy weekend and it's still busy but I did have time to think about it. The series symbol is done but getting the stock icons for these characters will take some time.

From what I am gathering, here is the mechanic breakdown:

1) Soldier is the Mario of the team in regards to stats. He is mid-range in everything yet excels in more long-distance compared as a whole compared to the other two.
2) Scout is obviously the fastest with superior aerial munerverbility but lacks damage output. He is more melee oriented.
3) Heavy is the bruiser of the group with highly damaging attacks. Unlike Soldier who excels at long-range while Scout excels at melee; Heavy excels at both but his slow speed and start-ups causes him to not be a master in either category. Heavy is the default character due to Heavy's popularity and being more or less the face of TF2.

You can decide which character you start off with my selecting the character on the portrait before the start of the match

Their changing mechanic, like Pokemon Trainer and Pyra/Mythra, is tied to Down Special called Team Swap but, unlike the aforementioned samples, there is a cooldown timer which prevents continued swaps. This cooldown timer isn't restricted on intervals of time between uses but rather like Wario Waft, initially players can swap fairly quickly without any sort of consequences but repeated uses will elongate the timer between being able to swap.

So basically:
The Team Swap has a cooldown timer that is effected by the number of consecutive swaps with continued swaps causing the cooldown timer to extend and disabling the down special. Letting the swap rest and focusing on one character will reset the cooldown timer. Dying resets everything.

Now, please see the thread poll as I had an idea I want to propose as well.
I am floating the idea of being able to also select Team Match and Deathmatch. Team Match is, well, what I just suggested: being able to select between sqaud members. Death Match is where your selected character is locked in and your ability to swap between team members is removed but also GIVES that selected character a new Down Special which is only tied to the Deathmatch option.

We will be doing Team Fortress Specials Submissions in just a little bit.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submit Special and Normals for Heavy, Scout, and Soldier

We will be submitting Neutral, Side, and Up Special as well as normals for Heavy, Scout, and Soldier. Remember they do have a Down Special that is Team Swap which changes that character out for a new one. If we to decide to go with Deathmatch option which allows players to remove that Team Swap Special, then a new Down Special will be created for all 3 characters. In addition, we are not submitting a Final Smash as the Final Smash will be one that is shared by all the character. This will be a separate submission.

Please submit the following:
  • Soldier Normals & Specials (minus Down Special + Final Smash)
  • Scout Normals & Specials (minus Down Special + Final Smash)
  • Heavy Normals & Specials (minus Down Special + Final Smash)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Heavy:
Up Smash:
1716137311277.png

Heavy will wind up and throw a large uppercut into the air, dealing 17% damage and heavy upwards knockback. Due to Heavy's gorilla-like arms, he can use this as a frightening anti-air.

B-throw:
1716138005397.png

Much like Incineroar, Heavy will suplex the grabbed foe behind himself for a large burst of 12% damage. Setting himself apart from Incineroar, Heavy will bury the foe in a similar manner to K. Rool's or Banjo's D-throws, with said bury being shorter than Banjo's.

Neutral Special: Minigun
1716137390420.png

A tried-and-true primary for the Heavy. For this, the Heavy will enter a stance where he's winding up the minigun, which he can cancel out of by tapping B. When pressing Shield, Heavy will instead fire a stream of bullets from his minigun, which can be angled upwards or downwards to 45 degrees either way. Each bullet deals 1.5% each...but the minigun fires 10 bullets a second, a smidge faster than Bayonetta's Bullet Arts. If firing while a foe is touching the spinning barrels, they will also take flinching damage.

Shield Special: Sandvich
1716139706722.png

Heavy will take out a Sandvich and perform a 1-second uncancelable animation to take a bite from it and heal himself for 20% damage. The input alone puts the Sandvich into a 30-second cooldown, so there's an opportunity to attack him before he gets the heal in.

Scout:

1716153837735.png

D-throw
Scout takes out a bottle of Mad Milk and throws it on top of the grabbed foe, dousing them in a 6%-damage burst, and gives Team Fortress overall a buff where 0.5x damage is returned to them and any allies in Team Battles as healing.

1716138505435.png

Side Smash: Force-A-Nature:
Taking the extremely-powerful Force-A-Nature in hand, Scout will fire a burst of two shots that deals a total of 14% damage and medium knockback. This can be angled as to take advantage of the gun's recoil, which pushes Scout a good distance away upon firing. Default angle pushes Scout 1 Battlefield Platform away, upwards angle pushes him 1/2 BFP away, and downwards angle send Scout airborne for set-ups.

Side Special: Sandman:
1716138720059.png

Scout will take out the Sandman and throw a baseball upwards. He can choose to not follow up for fake-out situations...or he can send the ball flying based on timing. There are three areas where the Scout can hit: at his waist, at his chest and at his head. These determine the angle the baseball will go, with the first being straight ahead, the second being at a 30-degree angle, and the third being at a 60-degree angle. If the baseball hits anyone, it will deal 5.5% damage with some medium hitstun, and medium-low knockback.

Shield Special: BONK! Atomic Punch:
1716139905047.png

Scout takes a large swig of Bonk, temporarily nullifying all damage but cutting off access to his Specials and debuffing his attack output to 0.8x. While Scout can't take damage he can still take knockback in this form. After 8 seconds in this form, Scout must wait 30 seconds before he can use it again.

Soldier:
1716137613914.png

D-air:
Soldier kicks downwards with both feet, which are now clad in the Mantreads, while also plummeting downwards. They would deal 8.5% at close range, but this has the unique function of gaining upwards of 1.5x damage the farther Soldier has traveled with this stall-and-fall attack. Landing this attack spikes and resets Soldier's recovery options.

F-tilt:
1716138421855.png

Soldier will swing with the Disciplinary Action, dealing 7.5% damage with weak knockback, but granting Soldier and his allies a 1.2x boost in mobility for 6 seconds.

Up Special: Rocket Jump:
1716138231814.png

Soldier will aim downwards at an angle and fire a short-range rocket that explodes beneath his feet, dealing 4% recoil to him and sending him careening upwards. The rocket will deal 7% damage to enemies in the blast radius or 10% on a direct impact, with the latter being the better kill move. Pressing B again while Rocket Jumping will also result in Soldier deploying the B.A.S.E. Jumper, a parachute that has him floating downwards slowly similar to Peach's and Gmae & Watch's Up Specials.

Shield Special: Buff Banner
1716139813807.png
1716139818176.png

Soldier will take out a bugle and blow into it hard, buffing himself and his allies to deal 1.3x damage for 10 seconds. After that, Soldier must deal 60% damage total to recharge a "Rage" meter that fills up.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Down Throw (Soldier):

Solldier throws the opponent at the ground and slams three times with his shovel

Forward Throw (Scout):

Scout swings his baseball bat and slams the opponent

Down Throw (Heavy):

images (7).jpeg

(This image is just an example)

Heavy take the opponent and breaks the opponent's back wirh knee

Up Throw (Scout):

Scout swings his baseball bat to upward that his the opponent upward

Back Throw (Soldier):

Soldier thows backward the opponent and kicks

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why are people submitting other Team Fortress characters as moveset content?I argue they aren’t needed. Maybe a few but the whole roster is 100% not needed.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I assume as summon characters, much like Rush with Mega Man or all the Rhythm Heaven characters with Barista.
I understand but we don’t need the full roster in their moveset. Perhaps a few for throws but DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 saw what GolisoPower GolisoPower did and crammed a whole bunch of characters into throws. Perhaps featuring a character for one throw for Heavy, Scout, and Soldier but squashing the roster into it seems forced and inorganic. Plus, we also probably will have cameos on the TF2 stage so there’s that :/

I would prefer to save these characters for the Final Smash.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I was just thinking if we're going to get Team Fortress, might as well add the rest of the team somewhere. I mean, it's in the name of both the collective character and the franchise.

As for who would be added, I'd say maybe limit it to characters that're closely-tied to each. I only put in Spy because of the canon familial relationship between the two. You could keep Demoman for Soldier and Medic for Heavy because canonically, they're in-universe friends, but I'd say the rest should be in the Final Smash.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was just thinking if we're going to get Team Fortress, might as well add the rest of the team somewhere. I mean, it's in the name of both the collective character and the franchise.
I get it but it feels forced to me. Like perhaps a few inserts for throws or a smash attack. Or like I said the Final Smash. There’s way to incorporate them rather than cramming them into moveset content - especially when we have a lot to go on. Hell, using them as Taunts is more organic and less enforced in my opinion. Why not just focus on our 3 characters?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You know, that's fair. I'll change Scout's D-throw real quick.

EDIT: It's done.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You know, that's fair. I'll change Scout's D-throw real quick.

EDIT: It's done.
I actually liked that. But I sort of had a knee jerk reaction when DRK then followed suit and submitted a tons of other content related to it. I was like "where did this all come from?" I can play around with it and see what might work and not work so feel free to leave them up.

I was coming from the idea that "we might see these other characters in taunts, victory screens, final smashes, etc." approach.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
One thing I forgot to factor in is the run-and-gun style of Team Fortress 2. So, obviously, the neutral special will be their Primary Weapon so, with Scout it's the Scattergun, Heavy's is Nastacha, and Soldier's is the Rocket Launcher. Players can fire the weapon and hold down the special for repeated fire which then, by holding down the special, allows the player to move around while continuing the fire in a way that is similar to Banjo. However, they do have a Side Special which is not accessed by inputting left tilt plus special at the same time.

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
Soldier
Down Air
Soldier pulls out his shovel and swings it downwards, causing a spike for any nearby opponents.

Neutral Special: Rocket Launcher
Soldier grabs his Rocket Launcher and shoots a missile forward. If the Soldier blasts his rocket launcher too close to himself, he will recieve 15% damage.
1716166005028.png

Heavy

Side Smash
The Heavy pulls out his Brass Beast and shoots for a short time.
1716166658103.png

Team Swap
Aesthetic-wise, the Team Swap will be visualised by a Teleporter who will appear each time a mercenary is swapped.
1716166572040.png

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to the inclusion of Team Fortress in Infinite Beyond as a big collaboration between Nintendo and Valve. They would later collab more in the future where Nintendo decided to port their games onto Steam for the first time including Smash Melee and Ultimate both with better online support, making this one of the most popular collabs in gaming history.

Last edited:

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to the inclusion of Team Fortress in Infinite Beyond as a big collaboration between Nintendo and Valve. They would later collab more in the future where Nintendo decided to port their games onto Steam for the first time including Smash Melee and Ultimate both with better online support, making this one of the most popular collabs in gaming history.
In addition, both Melee and Ultimate will have a community workshop so people could upload their custom mods and music and all that

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
Scout
Up Special: The Force-a-Nature
1716219730141.png

Scout pulls out his Force-a-Nature and faces it downwards, allowing him to be propelled upwards and leave damage to any opponent below him.

Soldier
Side Special: Shotgun
1716220370514.png

Soldier equips his shotgun and shoots forward. Similarly to the neutral specials of each of the classes, the Soldier can roam freely on the stage with the shotgun.

Heavy
Up Special: Ubercharge Rush
1716219989275.png

Similarly to Demoman's sword charge, Heavy will run at a fast rate while shoulder bashing. However, the charge will be tilted upwards and Heavy will have red glowing aura surrounding him.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry for being so late but we will be progressing to our next content! Please bare with me as I begin to fill up our specials!

Submit a Final Smash for Team Fortress

Regardless of character who is in play, the Final Smash is something shared between everyone in the same vein as Pokemon Trainer. This Final Smash needs to incorporate the entire cast of Team Fortress with both Scout, Heavy, and Soldier performing a combined attack at the very end that launches the character.

Submit Additional Content for Team Fortress

We will be submitting the typical content that is tied to a newcomer which includes:

• Entrance Animation (1)
  • Idle Pose (2)
  • Taunt (4)
  • Victory Pose (3)
  • Victory Theme (1)
  • Kirby Hat (1)
  • Boxing Ring (1)
  • Splash Tagline (1)
  • Crowd Cheer (1)
  • Codename (1)
  • Palutena's Guidance (1)
  • Snake Codec (1)
  • Classic Mode (1)

In addition, when a member of Team Fortress is KO'd on either a stamina match, it will cause the member to "explode" with a red-almost-liquid blast that is unique. That is a reference to when a Team Fortress team member is killed which is called being "gibbed". I do have a question: what is the little floating icon over Heavy in the Scout Trailer.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Kirby Hat (Heavy/Soldier/Scout):

(just ignore the rest of other mercenaries)

Codename: Team

Boxing Ring Title (Heavy): The Soviet Mercenary

Boxing Ring Title (Soldier): The War Veteran

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Team Fortress Final Smash

Payload

All 3 classes appear perform a shoulder tackle forwards, All opponents hit are sent into a cutscene where all 9 TF2 classes look into a giant pit as the Payload bomb drops from the top into the pit and it explodes, KO-ing anyone over 100%

Victory Theme: The announcer says "Victory" and then the Victory jingle plays

what is the little floating icon over Heavy in the Scout Trailer.
That is the Control Point, it is either RED or BLU depending on who has captured it.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Final Smash: Push The Payload!

A large bomb cart appears in front of Team Fortress, each playable member having a unique voice line (Scout: "Mush, you lazy bums!" Heavy: "We must all push!" Soldier: "Push like you mean it!"), and all three members push it forwards, knocking everyone the cart hits upwards. A new cutscenes occurs: the fighters land in front of the remaining members of Team Fortress (Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Spy, Medic and Sniper). Medic activates the UberCharge of a modified Kritzkrieg to bolster the remaining five, who unload their signature weapons onto the fighters before Demoman fires a pipebomb that sends them flying into a large pit...just as Scout, Heavy and Soldier reach the final terminus with the payload. The bomb promptly explodes before knocking the caught foe's away.

Flavors:

Victory Animation: A door explodes to bits as Heavy charges in with a loud roar, pushing a screaming Scout and Soldier with him. The camera pans down to find a briefcase, where Scout lets his teammates know it's still safe by throwing it up. This is mostly a recreation of the opening scene of "Meet the Spy".

Taunts: One of Team Fortress's taunts will be dedicated to "kill taunts", unwieldy yet powerful taunts where some instances can provide surprise utility, much like Greninja's, Luigi's and Kazuya's taunts.
  • Scout: Scout performs the "Grand Slam" taunt, pointing his bat upwards before swinging with a 30%, high-knockback baseball swing.
  • Heavy: The Heavy dons a gunslinger stance for a brief moment before swinging a finger gun up with a "POW! HAHA!" and blowing at his fingertips as if blowing the barrel of a gun. This is functionally Dark Pit's Final Smash but slightly weaker.
  • Soldier: Soldier removes and unpins one of his grenades, thrusting his fist upwards before dealing 40% damage and extreme knockback to himself and anyone in a radius.

Classic Mode: Capture the Flag!
A combination of the TF2 Mercs not playable in the game and the popular TF2 game mode Capture the Flag, Team Fortress is constantly accompanied by a small red or blue R.O.B. representing the briefcase. All enemies will be red or blue to contrast with Team Fortress's selected alt.
  • Round 1: Red/Blue Doom Slayer (Represents the Pyro)
  • Round 2: Red/Blue Snake (Explosive-heavy playstyle, just like Demoman)
  • Round 3: Red/Blue Crazy Dave (General playstyle is reminiscent of the Engineer)
  • BONUS GAME
  • Round 4: Red/Blue Male Wii Fit Trainer (Represents the Medic)
  • Round 5: Red/Blue Master Chief (Representing the Sniper)
  • Round 6: Red/Blue Joker (Representing the Spy)
  • BOSS: The Devil (The dark magic themes and generally evil-yet-eccentric demeanor could liken him to Merasmus the Magician, a recurring Halloween antagonist for the Mercs who is also Soldier's roommate)

Last edited:

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
Final Smash: Push The Payload!

A large bomb cart appears in front of Team Fortress, each playable member having a unique voice line (Scout: "Mush, you lazy bums!" Heavy: "We must all push!" Soldier: "Push like you mean it!"), and all three members push it forwards, knocking everyone the cart hits upwards. A new cutscenes occurs: the fighters land in front of the remaining members of Team Fortress (Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Spy, Medic and Sniper). Medic activates the UberCharge of a modified Kritzkrieg to bolster the remaining five, who unload their signature weapons onto the fighters before Demoman fires a pipebomb that sends them flying into a large pit...just as Scout, He at and Soldier reach the final terminus with the payload. The bomb promptly explodes before knocking the caught foe's away.

Flavors:

Victory Animation: A door explodes to bits as Heavy charges in with a loud roar, pushing a screaming Scout and Soldier with him. The camera pans down to find a briefcase, where Scout lets his teammates know it's still safe by throwing it up. This is mostly a recreation of the opening scene of "Meet the Spy".

Taunts: One of Team Fortress's taunts will be dedicated to "kill taunts", unwieldy yet powerful taunts where some instances can provide surprise utility, much like Greninja's, Luigi's and Kazuya's taunts.
  • Scout: Scout performs the "Grand Slam" taunt, pointing his bat upwards before swinging with a 30%, high-knockback baseball swing.
  • Heavy: The Heavy dons a gunslinger stance for a brief moment before swinging a finger gun up with a "POW! HAHA!" and blowing at his fingertips as if blowing the barrel of a gun. This is functionally Dark Pit's Final Smash but slightly weaker.
  • Soldier: Soldier removes and unpins one of his grenades, thrusting his fist upwards before dealing 40% damage and extreme knockback to himself and anyone in a radius.

Classic Mode: Capture the Flag!
A combination of the TF2 Mercs not playable in the game and the popular TF2 game mode Capture the Flag, Team Fortress is constantly accompanied by a small red or blue R.O.B. representing the briefcase. All enemies will be red or blue to contrast with Team Fortress's selected alt.
  • Round 1: Red/Blue Doom Slayer (Represents the Pyro)
  • Round 2: Red/Blue Snake (Explosive-heavy playstyle, just like Demoman)
  • Round 3: Red/Blue Crazy Dave (General playstyle is reminiscent of the Engineer)
  • BONUS GAME
  • Round 4: Red/Blue Male Wii Fit Trainer (Represents the Medic)
  • Round 5: Red/Blue Master Chief (Representing the Sniper)
  • Round 6: Red/Blue Greninja (Representing the Spy)
  • BOSS: The Devil (The dark magic themes and generally evil-yet-eccentric demeanor could liken him to Merasmus the Magician, a recurring Halloween antagonist for the Mercs who is also Soldier's roommate)
I'd argue Joker would also fit for the Spy.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alternate costumes:
Blue: BLU Team
View attachment 389697View attachment 389698View attachment 389699
Seems like a pretty obvious one to add.
Dark Red: Voodoo-Cursed Souls:
View attachment 389694View attachment 389695View attachment 389696
The mercenaries will have heir zombie costumes from the Halloween-limited event: Sceam Fortress.
However, due to censorship, none of these skins will have any traces of blood.

Dark Blue: ROBOTS!
View attachment 389692View attachment 389691View attachment 389690
The mercs will each be their robot counterparts from the Mann VS. Machine campaign, complete with a robotic voice filter.

I'd argue Joker would also fit for the Spy.
We aren’t submitting alternate colors right now. The reason being I gave to fully gather info together.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Down Taunt: The Kazotsky Kick

When activated, Soldier/Heavy/Scout will perform the iconic Ukranian "Katzachok" dance; squatting while kicking their legs.
This taunt can go on and on as it can until the player decides to make another action.
Can we please have other Fighters able to join with their own Kazotsky Kick? I wanna see R.O.B. or Red make an attempt.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Heavy Taunt - Heavy performs a series of 4 large muscle flexes, laughing at his opponents
Solider Taunt - Soldier stands perfectly straight before raising his right hand to his head, making a “loser” sign
Scout Taunt - Scout performs the Boston Breakdance taunt
Victory Pose (All) - Heavy\Scout\Soldier and the other TF2 Mercenaries all come together to do the iconic group shot from the game's official artwork.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here is our collection of Specials. I also forgot to mention we need additional content for all three Classes of the Team Fortress trio. In addition, yes, it does say Team Fortress but selecting your starting class (Heavy by default) will say "Scout!" Same thing with victory themes.

Heavy Specials
  • Neutral Special: Nastacha
  • Side Special: Killing Boxing Gloves
  • Up Special: Ubercharge Rush
  • Down Special: Team Swap
  • Shield Special: Sandvich

Soldier Specials
  • Neutral Special: Rocket Launcher
  • Side Special: Shotgun
  • Up Special: Rocket Jump
  • Down Special: Team Swap
  • Shield Special: Buff Banner