• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Tron worlds are also based on live action movies.
Lol I completely forgot they had that franchise in these games.

Even then those worlds give me more final fantasy sequels art vibes as well. It blends the characters pretty nicely.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gonna try to go see The Fall Guy on Saturday. Looks like a very fun movie.

Ought to be good. It's from David Leitch who did Deadpool 2, Hobbs & Shaw (Co-directed) and Bullet Train!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Quite a few updates on the Zen Studios pinball games. Some of these are due to recent restructuring:

1. Pinball Coins and the Pinball Pass are being phased out. The pass let you play most (the Marvel tables and Indiana Jones were excluded) of the tables without buying them (I never bought the pass and just bought the tables), while coins let you buy the pass and cosmetics.

2. There will be a single batch of Williams tables this year. 3 unlicensed tables.

3. Huge updates are planned for the Switch version of FX, including graphics, and of course, day and date releases, including the tables coming May 16

4. The classic table Super League Football is coming back! (See image for what the table looks like)

IMG_7349.jpeg

The table will come to all platforms May 16. And on consoles for the first week of release it will be free of charge!

5. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is coming to Pinball M on June 6!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Gonna try to go see The Fall Guy on Saturday. Looks like a very fun movie.

Ought to be good. It's from David Leitch who did Deadpool 2, Hobbs & Shaw (Co-directed) and Bullet Train!
Speaking of movies, how many movie series/movie main characters are new in more recent times that are also iconic and popular? I don't think we have many of such things, if any in modern times, not counting those from the 90s, 80s, anytime before and maybe the 2000s.

We need to abolish advertising.
As much as I do not like it myself, advertising has a purpose, and can get people's attention to get them to buy things. It is probably hard to come up with another way that could replace it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
As much as I do not like it myself, advertising has a purpose, and can get people's attention to get them to buy things. It is probably hard to come up with another way that could replace it.
As long as capitalism exists, advertisement isn't going anywhere but I have to agree with Snake on this one - it sucks how so much talent and resources are wasted on "getting people to buy things". It's an enormous industry that produces zero value for the people or planet.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As long as capitalism exists, advertisement isn't going anywhere but I have to agree with Snake on this one - it sucks how so much talent and resources are wasted on "getting people to buy things". It's an enormous industry that produces zero value for the people or planet.
I can see that. I did say it was hard to come up with an alternative for advertising. I don't truly mind advertisements myself...

...Even though I am no big fan of capitalism.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Advertising helps people get their products out there and businesses run, but I feel like we could definitely do with less commercial time on TV.

Youtube also needs to do more about scam ads and fake mobile garbage (several of the ads of which are already disgusting regardless of what content actually is or isn't in the games) but they probably won't unless there's enough backlash or it negatively impacts them in any capacity.

StormC

Smash Hero
As far as ads go, I think it's truly unhinged that gambling is now openly advertised during sporting events.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh I can't wait for December to roll by.

When Sonic 3 annihilates Mufasa in the box office.

Oh how far Disney has fallen...

It'll be Sonic (2020) and Birds of Prey all over again. Ha ha!

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
At least Smashboards has safe advertising!

View attachment 388720

Yep… Nothing to see here! :4pacman:
I've seen that Morty Smith ripoff on the top right so many times that it's ridiculous...

Oh I can't wait for December to roll by.

When Sonic 3 annihilates Mufasa in the box office.

Oh how far Disney has fallen...

It'll be Sonic (2020) and Birds of Prey all over again. Ha ha!
I wouldn't be so sure. Even if it WAS contentious, the original live-action Lion King was enormously successful.

I must wonder if the movie will include this...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey Google,
How do I look in the mirror and not think I look ugly?
Self-love.

Or at least self-amicableness. Y’know? Like that one guy you know, who you’re not crazy about, but he’s alright. He’s a nice enough dude and you want him to be happy even if you guys aren’t really close.

Like that, but towards yourself :nifty:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey Google,
How do I look in the mirror and not think I look ugly?
Don’t trust any internalized negativity. None. Embrace yourself for your perceived flaws and understand that they are unique gifts.

Maybe also play “The Way You Are” by Bruno Mars in the background if you need a hype man. :heartff: That got me through some of my tough times, ngl.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've seen that Morty Smith ripoff on the top right so many times that it's ridiculous...

I wouldn't be so sure. Even if it WAS contentious, the original live-action Lion King was enormously successful.

I must wonder if the movie will include this...
The Disney live-action remakes have been losing steam and their novelty rapidly especially since the post-pandemic and ones as of late either underperformed or bombed, The Little Mermaid being the last one which underperformed. The interest for them just isn't anywhere near where they used to be before the pandemic. If anything, Sonic 3 is the competion and there's MASSIVE hype surrounding it. Not Mufasa. Please tell me if you've actually been seeing any hype revolving around Mufasa?

This is gonna be no exception and more people are seeing this as a soulless blatant cash grab.

Disney hasn't been doing so well in recent years (Lightyear and Wish ring any bells?) and they still can't get the hint no one wants soulless live-action remakes of their favorite original animated films that they can just go watch instead or Disney simply re-releasing in theaters.

It is DreamWorks and Sony Animations time to finally shrine! From the ashes a new animation era shall rise! Followed forth by video game, comic and kaiju films!

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It is DreamWorks and Sony Animations time to finally shrine! From the ashes a new animation era shall rise! Followed forth by video game, comic and kaiju films!
They're shining so bright that everything Dreamworks put out since Last Wish was mediocre at best and Sony Animation don't have anything locked in for the near future because they had to massively delay Spider-Verse because their **** isn't in order. If anything animation is ****ed.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
TV animation I find has been doing a lot better than movie animation these days (outside of the heavy-hitters like Encanto, Last Wish and Spiderverse).

Hazbin Hotel and Miraculous Ladybug are both series I really enjoy (even if they're pretty flawed lol). And I still really love Disventure Camp seasons 1 and 2 even though All-Stars was a serious letdown for me. And PBS' Wild Kratts is a masterpiece of a preschooler's cartoon. So is Bluey of course

Top Bottom