• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Silk series got scrapped from Amazon Prime, as an executive wanted the series about Cindy Moon…to not focus on Cindy Moon

so instead Sony is gonna try and get the show somewhere else

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Kinda think we need another censor update cause, lol.

Remember, it was only until a couple years ago where we could even say ass.
We could say ass...if it was in the form of "smartass", "badass", etc. because it's hard to filter all the bad words with "ass" in them without making it hard to assume you passed the class.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The fact we can't say the 7 letter B word when a handful of Nintendo games have used it in the past is funny.

We can't say **** or **** which sure I get it but it leads into some really weird discussions like with the aforementioned movie.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
We could say ass...if it was in the form of "smartass", "badass", etc. because it's hard to filter all the bad words with "ass" in them without making it hard to assume you passed the class.
Fun fact: this was the case for Miiverse. You can say badass, but ass? Banned.

Hell and Damn were allowed though under any context tho, good ol family friendly social media.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Fun fact: this was the case for Miiverse. You can say badass, but ass? Banned.

Hell and Damn were allowed though under any context tho, good ol family friendly social media.
Whoever came up with this is a real ass*bleep*!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You'll take your :ultpiranha: and like it. Or not, you don't have to it's just a suggestion.
See, I never hated Piranha Plant. He happened at a time where I was like "ok there's 5 more characters coming, probably more, and we already have a really good roster of 74 other mostly solid choices." Granted I was still high off the "everyone who makes it into Smash is a gaming icon" which colored my perception of characters who were veterans before I got into the series (Smash4's base game and earlier) and we were a year away from Byleth shattering my perception of what the game was going for. So I was like "let them have their fun, it's just one character and I won't even have to pay for him". But Multiversus's roster has always been unsatisfying, not just in who they're picking but also how they then go and build those characters movesets. So to have them come in with a character who's clearly a gag this soon is just...

Whatever. I feel like I'm faking outrage I'm only kinda feeling. Like, I stand by everything I just said but it's so god damn hard to give a **** about this game. I have a girlfriend for pete's sake! But I still hate my job and can't get the motivation to find a better one or start working on a passion project. So like... I don't even know anymore man... why can't I just get joy from media that should be aimed at me above all else. I'm a Warner Bros fanatic for pete's sake how am I not the target demographic here!?!

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Nightmare Scenario: The Mario Movie 2 will have references to Super Mario Logan and a dream sequence featuring Bowsette. And more references to the Mario fandom like a cameo of Psycho Iris from Psycho Waluigi and some Game Theory videos.

Ohh, very scary.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
November 1st 2018 moment
Ok but it's not like they actually intended to reveal the character in this trailer. They scrolled over an icon that was market as "secret" for a split second and his model was shown in a trailer dedicated to the PVE mode. It would make sense for them to have put in some other asset to keep the actual character a secret. It's not like I'm saying that about a character who got a dedicated reveal trailer. Especially since, if I remember correctly, Banana Guard was already one of the Assist Characters you could get from the TV item. So they already have his model.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just got a 4 minute timeout in the multiversus discord server. I think it's because I said the word "****ty* (in reference to the actions of WB-Discovery company corporate).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why wouldn't that just be a PVE enemy? WTF are they even doing?
1) because we know the characters are alphabetical and he fits perfectly.

2) there’s this:

3) it lines up with teasing by the devs and people acting like the devs didn’t basically confirm Marceline was well into development a year ago, and is probably at launch.
Imagine if they just put Banana Guard in the trailer to ** with people.... Please let them have just put Banana Guard in the trailer to ** with people.
It’s definitely not bait imo based on the above. Also it’s an easy character to make and save time while having fun.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
1) because we know the characters are alphabetical and he fits perfectly.

2) there’s this:

3) it lines up with teasing by the devs and people acting like the devs didn’t basically confirm Marceline was well into development a year ago, and is probably at launch.

It’s definitely not bait imo based on the above. Also it’s an easy character to make and save time while having fun.
Except it's only fun for the devs and like... a handful of people who already got what they wanted with Ultra Instinct Shaggy and Lebron James. I don't understand why developers of games like this can't take their rosters seriously! Is that not fun? To actually put thought and care into your roster to satisfy your audience instead of just throwing in memes and jokes to make yourselves laugh? I don't know, I think it's pretty fun.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Except it's only fun for the devs and like... a handful of people who already got what they wanted with Ultra Instinct Shaggy and Lebron James. I don't understand why developers of games like this can't take their rosters seriously! Is that not fun? To actually put thought and care into your roster to satisfy your audience instead of just throwing in memes and jokes to make yourselves laugh? I don't know, I think it's pretty fun.
It’s clear that you and the Multiversus team just have different priorities and senses of humor. It’s really as simple as that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s clear that you and the Multiversus team just have different priorities and senses of humor. It’s really as simple as that.
You know it's hard to stay upset when you message your girlfriend about all this and the first thing she does is text you back snuggles. Sighs.... I may not be getting happiness from the media I consume, but at least I have her.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
You know it's hard to stay upset when you message your girlfriend about all this and the first thing she does is text you back snuggles. Sighs.... I may not be getting happiness from the media I consume, but at least I have her.
This made me smile. I'm always happy to see others in such a good place. I hope for many good things for you two!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No I’m in physical pain.

If you ever say some snuggly wuggly Oh I love my sugar pumpkin pookie-ookie bear **** to me again I’ll mail myself to your address and poop on your lawn.
Yeah. Sure. You're totally not jealous of the fact that I have a girlfriend who thinks I'm cute and sounds sooooo adorable when she talks about video games. She plays Brawlhala. I don't understand half the jargon but she's so into it it makes me happy just to listen.

Also you'd be pooping on my parents lawn and judging by the kinds of people they are, they would have you arrested.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah. Sure. You're totally not jealous of the fact that I have a girlfriend who thinks I'm cute and sounds sooooo adorable when she talks about video games. She plays Brawlhala. I don't understand half the jargon but she's so into it it makes me happy just to listen.

Also you'd be pooping on my parents lawn and judging by the kinds of people they are, they would have you arrested.
Alright that's enough now you're making me vomit

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
No I’m in physical pain.

If you ever say some snuggly wuggly Oh I love my sugar pumpkin pookie-ookie bear **** to me again I’ll mail myself to your address and poop on your lawn.
I'm a hopeless romantic so I've always kinda liked that kinda stuff, to be honest (don't even ask about how I depict my favorite couples in my head cough Ellie and Gabby cough).

Plus I just like seeing people happy, and Snake is clearly very happy. It's nice to see.

Though if it makes you feel better, I doubt I'll ever find sugary kissy-kissy love in that way. I like Nine Inch Nails too much.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm a hopeless romantic
Yeah join the club. I love seeing people find each other and have that special connection.

I just don’t like Snake

Though if it makes you feel better, I doubt I'll ever find sugary kissy-kissy love in that way. I like Nine Inch Nails too much.
Nah, I don’t want anyone to be alone who doesn’t want to be. There’s tons of Nine Inch Nails fans out there, you just gotta find them. There’s someone out there for everybody.

Except me. I gave dating a shot and I’m 0-3 though so yeah I’m probably washed :nifty:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Why don't you go after girls who like guys? What are you, stupid?
Girls who want boys who like boys to be girls who do boys like they're girls who do girls like they're boys...

Nah, I don’t want anyone to be alone who doesn’t want to be. There’s tons of Nine Inch Nails fans out there, you just gotta find them. There’s someone out there for everybody.

Except me. I gave dating a shot and I’m 0-3 though so yeah I’m probably washed :nifty:
I'd go looking for the fish in the NIN sea but I'm a total nervous wreck who would break into a puddle if I ever attempted to ask anyone out, soooooo...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah join the club. I love seeing people find each other and have that special connection.

I just don’t like Snake

Hey. I’ve tried dating like 5 or six other girls in the past. And this is my first success. Don’t sell yourself short!

Top Bottom