• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What are the worst Smash Fan Rosters you've ever seen?

Dededekage Kira

Smash Rookie
I generally love Thorgi's videos involving rosters but when he released that Smash video where he cut Yoshi and reduced him to the Assist Trophy or cut Diddy Kong and K. Rool and put characters like Pauline and I just dropped it

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Ones that measure each franchise the same, or have extreme bias for/against a genre rub me the wrong way.

Rosters that place more value in third parties rather than first parties also rub me the wrong way in a way. I like the third party inclusions, but Smash at its heart is still a Nintendo crossover.

I also don’t like rosters that place much more value in seniority over everything. Perhaps that just differs from my perspective of Smash being a ‘time capsule’ of more recent endeavours.

the ones that put far too much emphasis on appealing to the Western side of the fanbase at the expense of genuine creativity.
I concur. Western gaming is neat, but I think people forget Smash should appeal to Japanese fans as well, considering it’s… developed in Japan, with major partners being Japanese third parties, or characters with global influence, not just in the West.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Maybe just a pet peeve but i really hate cutting toon link but keeping sheik!
One is the main character as he appears in half the series (sorta)
And the other shouldve been replaced by impa anyways!

Also giving pokemon, mario and fire emblem 3 more characters while removing kirby and zelda reps!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Not objectively bad, but I’ve always disliked smash fan rosters (mostly “what if smash started today” or celebration of gaming history rosters)that only give each series one character. It just doesnt feel very creative to me.
Yeah multiple character per franchise allow variety in the types of characters another reason why fire emblem is bad designed in smash almost only protagonists!
I for example think we should see so many more villains! And important/ Beloved Sidecharacters!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Rosters that do not consider the playstyles of newcomers or playstyles lost when cutting veterans. You'll see people insist their fan roster is great and would satisfy everyone but when you look at it, they remove one of the two, arguably three grapplers in the game and then have like 4 regular brawlers who are jack of all trades, but they're very unique because they are from a game I like or whatever

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Rosters that do not consider the playstyles of newcomers or playstyles lost when cutting veterans. You'll see people insist their fan roster is great and would satisfy everyone but when you look at it, they remove one of the two, arguably three grapplers in the game and then have like 4 regular brawlers who are jack of all trades, but they're very unique because they are from a game I like or whatever
I mean thats a reason why toon link shouldnt be cut i never really jelled with "heavy" Link i dont think him being so sluggish fits yeah link cant jump but i dunno link just always felt nimble and less strong you know the david to ganons goliath!

Top Bottom