• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
Anyone have any ideas for assists? I always thought it would be good for them to include characters from smaller properties the way Assist Trophies do, and I think I now finally have a decent example.

Dora Smarmy from Crashbox could be our Nintendog-like, perhaps giving a quiz on something from a WBD property like the Buzz quiz in PSASBR's Dreamscape stage. (Warning for flashing at the start of the video)

Last edited:
Anyone have any ideas for assists? I always thought it would be good for them to include characters from smaller properties the way Assist Trophies do, and I think I now finally have a decent example.

Dora Smarmy from Crashbox could be our Nintendog-like, perhaps giving a quiz on something from a WBD property like the Buzz quiz in PSASBR's Dreamscape stage. (Warning for flashing at the start of the video)
Oh, where do I begin on MultiVersus assists? I've got a dozen of them off the back of my head.
  1. Mr. Poopybutthole would be an obvious choice for a Rick and Morty assist. Heck, if they wanted to be creative, they'd make Pocket Mortys into a separate summon like the Pokeball in Smash.
  2. When summoned Michigan J. Frog would mostly croak and act like a normal frog. That is, unless you get really lucky and see him dancing. His dancing doesn't do much, so it's all for spectacle. Yes, he'd be a joke assist.
  3. With all due respect, I think The Red Guy has transcended his creator's universe, so I find it tough to choose between Cow or Weasel as the David Feiss assist.
  4. Since memes are integral to MultiVersus, let's have Varys be our Game of Thrones assist and have him command water.
  5. A guy can dream, but how about a Talky Tawny assist? He'd fit right in this game.
  6. We gotta add some Dune content at some time, so why not make a Sandworm assist you?
  7. On the smaller side of WB properties, perhaps Calamity Jane from the 90s cartoon could work. She did get a new lease on life thanks to Discotek Media.
I could go on, but I think this covers it.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Multiversus x NHL is coming. On April 14, a special version of the Avalanche vs Golden Knights game will air in which Multiversus characters will appear alongside players of both teams.

Based on footage posted to Instagram, it should be similar to the NFL Toy Story game from last year.

Edit: Press Release

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They're marketing this game in weird ways. First through McDonalds, and now the NHL too.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Multiversus x NHL is coming. On April 14, a special version of the Avalanche vs Golden Knights game will air in which Multiversus characters will appear alongside players of both teams.

Based on footage posted to Instagram, it should be similar to the NFL Toy Story game from last year.

NHL?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

No way.

Space jam 3, but it's hockey themed.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

No way.

Space jam 3, but it's hockey themed.
Multiversus! Featuring renowned NHL player LeBron James!

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
T
I genuinely think they want this game to fail, based on these bizarre marketing decisions.
To be fair the NFL Toy Story event last year was a huge hit so I understand this on paper, just think it's weird to do it at a time when people can't actually buy the game

Last edited:

CatTastic

Smash Apprentice
When's Daffy in? In order to fully enjoy the game, I'd need mah other favorite cat, Gumball.

CatTastic

Smash Apprentice
Heck yea, why not
Awesome! Welcome to the team. Here's ya sparkly citrus fresh uniform 😸🚀

Join the Prepare For Trouble! Team Rocket For Smash thread. Sonic Poke is the captain of the joint.

Follow mah threads and anybody else that's relevant to the Team Rocket or Meowth movement.
Back us up and we'll do the same.
DM me anytime bud.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Awesome! Welcome to the team. Here's ya sparkly citrus fresh uniform 😸🚀

Join the Prepare For Trouble! Team Rocket For Smash thread. Sonic Poke is the captain of the joint.

Follow mah threads and anybody else that's relevant to the Team Rocket or Meowth movement.
Back us up and we'll do the same.
DM me anytime bud.
that's fine i'll probably go there sometime when i have the time for it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For fun, I figured I'd make a post compiling all thirteen of the movesets I've made for various characters that I think would be cool to see (mostly characters with no indication of being in yet, plus one character who has been leaked).

Playstyle Description: Wilt is a Support class fighter who focuses on helping his teammate get around the battlefield, offering them a variety of buffs while debuffing their foes. Wilt is very tall and incredibly lanky, so his moves have great range, but rather low damage output, relying on sweet spots to get the KO if the need arises, as well as damage over time. A team player until the end, Wilt is an imaginary friend you'll always be glad to have around.

Grounded Neutral Attack: Underhand Toss - Wilt swings his arm in a [CHARGEABLE] upward scoop which launches the foe behind him.

Aerial Neutral Attack: Split Kick - Wilt performs a split kick, kicking his legs out to the sides. This move has a [LINGERING HITBOX], but is weak in damage unless the foe is hit with the sweet spots at Wilt's feet.

Grounded Side Attack: Dribble Combo - Wilt pulls out a basketball and begins to dribble it in front of himself. Due to his height, there's a good deal of space in front of Wilt that becomes a rapid, multi-hitting hitbox.

Aerial Side Attack: Strong Dunk - Wilt reaches his arm out and slaps downward. The hitbox on Wilt's hand has a [SPIKE] effect. This move can be charged.

Grounded Up Attack: Style Points - Wilt spins a basketball on the tip of his finger that rapidly damages overlapping foes.

Aerial Up Attack: Aerial Block - Wilt waves his arm in an arc over the top of his head to swat away incoming opponents.

Grounded Down Attack: Clean Sweep - Wilt sweeps his arm across the ground while crouching, popping any foes in the way up into the air. This move can be [Charged]. If this move hits a [LAUNDRY PILE] and it's uncharged, the [LAUNDRY PILE] will move slightly forward. If it's charged, the [LAUNDRY PILE] will disappear prematurely.

Aerial Down Attack: How's the Weather Down There - Wilt stretches both of his legs downward in a stomp and says "Sorry!" This move can be charged.

Grounded Neutral Special: Interception! - If a [PROJECTILE] attack is about to hit Wilt and this move is activated, or if a [PROJECTILE] attack is about to hit Wilt's ally and Wilt activates this move while in range, Wilt intercepts the [PROJECTILE] and throws it back at the sender. When this happens, the [PROJECTILE] gains a [REBOUND] effect, where it's stronger than it was when it was initially launched. The first time the move is used, the [REBOUND] also has a [HOMING] effect, though it has substantial [COOLDOWN].

Aerial Neutral Special: Aerial Interception! - Same as the grounded variant, except Wilt throws the intercepted [PROJECTILE] straight down.

Grounded Side Special: Laundry Lay-Up - Wilt lightly tosses a ball of freshly done laundry onto the ground, creating a [LAUNDRY PILE]. Only one [LAUNDRY PILE] can be out on the stage at once. If Wilt or an ally touches the [LAUNDRY PILE], they will receive a [FRESH LAUNDRY] buff, which increases their speed for a limited time, and heals a small bit of health. Repeatedly touching the [LAUNDRY PILE] does not stack these effects. If a foe touches the [LAUNDRY PILE], they will receive a [STATIC CLING] debuff. This will cause them to take light [DAMAGE OVER TIME] for a brief period, and make foes [CLING] together if they get close enough, making them easier to hit at the same time. This move has [COOLDOWN].

Aerial Side Special: Aerial Laundry Lay-Up - This move is the same as the grounded version.

Grounded Up Special: Nothing But Net - This move is a [COMMAND GRAB]. If an ally is close by, Wilt will pick them up and throw them toward the opponent. The ally becomes a [PROJECTILE] with an active hitbox and is briefly invincible, allowing them to break through the enemy defense in a burst maneuver. The throw speed is amplified if the ally has a [FRESH LAUNDRY] buff. If Wilt grabs a foe, they will be thrown forward, and receive damage if they hit the ground or their teammate.

Aerial Up Special: Nothing But Air - Wilt leaps upward as if performing a slam dunk. If a foe overlaps Wilt during this, they will be grabbed and dunked downwards.

Grounded Down Special: After You! - A [DOOR] appears in front of Wilt as he holds it open, stepping into the background as he does so and becoming briefly invincible. Allies who pass through the [DOOR] will become [THANKFUL] and receive a boost to their damage output for a limited time. If a foe passes through the [DOOR], their damage output will receive an equivalent debuff.

Aerial Down Special: After You!...Oops, Sorry - Similar to the above initially, but if this move is used in the air, the [DOOR] will fall face down as a [PROJECTILE] as it is not attached to any hinges, and won't activate any buffs or debuffs.

Passive Abilities:
Wilt can create [LAUNDRY PILES].
Playstyle: Tracy is a Support character who focuses on buffing both herself and her allies, and manipulating the cooldown of both her allies and foes, and can put the foe in heavy hitstun. Appearance wise, she is mostly based on the version portrayed by Nikki Blonsky in the 2007 movie musical, but could have alternate appearances based on the original 1988 film and the stage musical, potentially even with voice work done by Ricki Lake and Marisa Jaret Winokur, respectively.

Grounded Neutral Attack: No 'Do Can Compare - Tracy rapidly shakes a can of hairspray in front of her, which deals damage while also increasing the potency of her Neutral Special.

Aerial Neutral Attack: Good Morning, Baltimore! - Tracy raises both arms overhead in the air, which hits above and on both sides.

Grounded Side Attack: Shake and Shimmy - Tracy does a dance combo consisting of a twist while sliding forward, then a shimmy, and then throwing her arms up. This is the most consistent way to fill the [RHYTHM METER].

Aerial Side Attack: Twirl and Bump - Tracy does a quick spin, doing quick, rapid hits, before bumping the foe away with her hip. This slightly fills the [RHYTHM METER].

Grounded Up Attack: Can't Stop the Beat - Tracy rhythmically pumps her hands up in the air, first left then right, as she dances. This move can combo into itself and also fills the [RHYTHM METER].

Aerial Up Attack: Picket - Tracy raises a picket sign, lifting it in front of her and upward in a two strike chargeable attack.

Grounded Down Attack: Dance Around My Feet - In this chargeable move, Tracy dances, filling her [RHYTHM METER] somewhat. As she does this, city rats dance at her feet, biting nearby foes for damage. Charge the move for more rats.

Aerial Down Attack: The Twist - Tracy does the twist in midair, and her twisting feet act as a hitbox that spikes. This also helps fill the [RHYTHM METER].

Grounded Neutral Special: Hairspray! - Tracy sprays a can of Hairspray forward, creating a cloud of spray in front of her. The cloud is larger if Tracy uses her Grounded Neutral Attack before this move. Allies who make contact with the cloud get a [STYLED] buff, while foes who do get a [STALE] debuff.

Aerial Neutral Special: Hairspray! On the Air - Mostly the same as the grounded version, but the cloud takes on a longer, thinner form when airborne, creating different setups than the larger, more compact grounded version.

Grounded Side Special: Hardy Har Har - Tracy takes one of her father's Joy Buzzers and tosses it forward in an arc, briefly [STUNNING] any foe it hits as they're shocked.

Aerial Side Special: The same as the grounded variant.

Grounded Up Special: Rocket Exit - Tracy calls a rocket stage prop shaped vaguely like a can of hairspray onto the stage. Foes that are knocked into it get [STUNNED] to it momentarily as it rises upwards, making them sitting ducks.

Aerial Up Special: Rocket Entrance - Tracy rides a rocket stage prop shaped vaguely like a can of hairspray upward. This can be used as a [PLATFORM] by allies.

Grounded Down Special: Ladies and Gentlemen... - Tracy places a black and white TV on the stage, displaying the Corny Collins Show. Music emits from the TV. Allies near the TV set while it's active get a [RHYTHM] buff, while enemies that are near it for too long get a [DISTRACTED] debuff. If Tracy uses dancing moves in the vicinity of the TV, her [RHYTHM METER] fills faster.

Aerial Down Special: Percussive Maintenance - Similar to the grounded version, but the TV set falls toward the stage as a projectile, as it was used in the air.

Passive Abilities:

Tracy has a [RHYTHM METER] that fills as she dances. Once full, hers and her ally's moves have less endlag than usual, allowing them to string combos together more easily.

Her Hairspray gives allies a [STYLED] buff, which slightly reduces cooldown times, while foes instead get a [STALE] debuff, which is the opposite: their cooldown times are longer.

Using her Down Special, she can make foes [DISTRACTED], which can slow them down a bit. Allies instead get added [RHYTHM] for a brief period of time.

Her Up Special and Side Special can make foes [STUNNED], putting them in a brief state of hitstun for either Tracy or an ally to chase them down for a follow-up.
Playstyle: The Tin Man is a Support class character who can use his oil can and terraforming abilities to help his allies and hinder his foes. And if those don't stop his foes, there's always his axe.

Grounded Neutral Attack: Chop Chop - The Tin Man raises his axe overhead and chops in front of him. This attack can be charged, and hitting with the axe head does more damage. If used beside a tree summoned through the use of his Side Special, the tree will fall and heavily damage enemies caught in the path of it.

Aerial Neutral Attack: Aerial Chop Chop - Similar to the grounded variant, but cannot be charged. However, the swing lasts longer than if used on land, making a more complete arc below Tin Man.

Grounded Side Attack: Locked Knee Combo - Tin Man takes two big, lumbering steps forward, doing damage each time, but on the second hit, his knee locks up, so he does a karate chop on it for a third hit to fix it.

Aerial Side Attack: Stand Back - The Tin Man swings his axe forward in a full 360° spin, hitting both ahead of and behind him.

Grounded Up Attack: Billowing Steam - Chargeable. Tin Man pumps his arm twice and releases a giant blast of steam from his head.

Aerial Up Attack: Friends with the Sparrows - The Tin Man swings his axe upwards in an arc, doing damage.

Grounded Down Attack: Extinguisher - Tin Man kneels down, takes off his hat, and pats the ground with it to snuff out any flames. In addition to cancelling out enemy [FIRE] attacks, if the Tin Man overlaps an ally with this move, they get an [EXTINGUISHED] buff, which removes any current debuffs they have.

Aerial Down Attack: Oil My Elbows - The Tin Man lets his axe fall in a downward chopping motion, hitting anyone below him.

Grounded Neutral Special: Oil Can - The Tin Man pulls out his Oil Can. This move has short range, but if it hits a foe, it applies an [OILED DEBUFF] that temporarily lowers their traction, in addition to minor damage. If used on an ally instead, or on the Tin Man himself should nobody be in range, the target is instead given an [OILED BUFF], which instead increases grounded movement speed.

Aerial Neutral Special: Oil Can What? - Same as grounded version.

Grounded Side Special: Apple Toss - The Tin Man tosses an apple. This move can be aimed. If the apple hits a foe, it does damage. If the apple hits the ground, it grows into an [APPLE TREE]. Only one [TREE] can be out at once, but if the Tin Man or his ally is near its glow, they get an [APPLE BUFF].

Aerial Side Special: Same as grounded variant, but cannot be aimed. Instead, the apple will be thrown diagonally downwards.

Grounded Up Special: That's Ridiculous - Tin Man gets carried upwards by some inexplicable, unseen force, and then is dropped downward, doing damage on the way down.

Aerial Up Special: Same as the grounded variant, but can be cancelled out of at the apex.

Grounded Down Special: It Ticks! - The Tin Man pulls out his Testimonial Heart and holds it aloft. If the heart overlaps a foe right as he holds it up, the foe is temporarily [SLOWED], allowing for the Tin Man and/or his ally to either follow up or retreat as necessary. The [SLOWED] debuff is lost as soon as that foe is hit by an attack. This move has [COOLDOWN].

Aerial Down Special: You'll Rust Again - A counter styled move with a twist. The Tin Man cries, and becomes [RUSTED]. If an enemy attack overlaps him while he's rusting, they'll take [RUST COUNTER DAMAGE] and be knocked back instead. However, the Tin Man will be unable to move again until either he or his ally has [OILED] him. A successful Rust Counter also generates [COOLDOWN].

Passive Abilities:
[OIL] can improve allied movement speeds and hinder enemy traction. His heart can [SLOW] enemies down. [APPLE TREES] grant a physical shield against certain attacks if they're stood behind.
Finally, the Tin Man's neutral attacks have an added property where they can [SEVER CONNECTIONS], destroying things like Reindog's tether, Rick's portal, or Bugs Bunny's rabbit holes.
Playstyle: The Wicked Witch of the West is a Mage/Ranged class character with a focus on long ranged immobilization, cornering the foe like a trapped animal. She also has an incredibly versatile air game and recovery, but is rather frail.

Grounded Neutral Attack: Smell of Sulfur - The Wicked Witch raises her hand as a plume of fire erupts in front of her. This chargeable attack can also be held longer by holding down the button, though the flame becomes smaller as time goes on.

Aerial Neutral Attack: Thrown for a Loop - While on her broomstick, the Wicked Witch does a loop in the air, with the smoke from her broom leaving a damaging [SMOKE TRAIL].

Grounded Side Attack: How About a Little Fire Combo - The Wicked Witch ignites her broom and swings it forward back and forth for two hits, and then in an upwards strike for the third hit to extinguish it.

Aerial Side Attack: To the Emerald City! - The Wicked Witch rockets forward on her broomstick in a burst attack, leaving a [SMOKE TRAIL] in her wake.

Grounded Up Attack: The Jitterbug - The Wicked Witch lifts her hand up to the air and releases a small flying insect, which flies forwards as a [PROJECTILE]. If it hits a foe, it stings them, causing them to perform a [TAUNT].

Aerial Up Attack: Scorch the Skies - The Wicked Witch, atop her broomstick, lifts up her hands and twirls a fireball around it, doing burn damage and creating a [SMOKE TRAIL].

Grounded Down Attack: Poppies Will Put Them to Sleep - The Wicked Witch brews a potion as she charges this attack, and upon release, a bed of poppies bursts from the ground around her. The more she charges, the further out they spread on both sides of her. Enemies that stay in range of the poppies get briefly put to [SLEEP], allowing for a follow-up strike.

Aerial Down Attack: Dive, Dive! - While flying on her broomstick, the Wicked Witch does a quick downward dive before rocketing back upwards, striking the foe before retreating to her previous position.

Grounded Neutral Special: Wanna Play Ball? - The Wicked Witch casts a fire ball [PROJECTILE] that descends downward and ahead of her, creating a rapidly hitting blaze on the surface it landed on that damages foes.

Aerial Neutral Special: Fly Ball - Same as her grounded move, but she throws the [PROJECTILE] directly downward instead.

Grounded Side Special: Fly, Fly! - The Wicked Witch summons a Flying Monkey, who flies forward with its arms outstretched. If it overlaps a foe, it will grab them and carry them upwards, holding them still so the Wicked Witch or her teammate can follow up with another attack. Alternatively, she can press this attack again to have the Monkey claw at the foe for damage before dropping them.

Aerial Side Special: Fly, Fly, Fly! - The same as the grounded version, though because they're already airborne, they won't rise more after grabbing a foe.

Grounded Up Special: I'll Bide My Time - The Wicked Witch disappears in a massive plume of flames, before reappearing in a second plume far away in the chosen direction.

Aerial Up Special: As Fast As Lightning - The Wicked Witch, riding her broomstick, ascends in a corkscew motion while cackling. She can continue to fly freely after her ascent.

Grounded Down Special: Time's Running Out - The Wicked Witch places an ornate, red hourglass on the stage. This creates an [AREA OF EFFECT] wherein all enemies take rapid [DAMAGE OVER TIME] while in range. Only one can be out at a time.

Aerial Down Special: Time is Up - In the air, instead of setting up an hourglass, the Wicked Witch instead throws one down at the stage below as a [PROJECTILE], whereupon it bursts into a massive pillar of smoke and flames.

Passive Abilities:
The Wicked Witch can fly horizontally through the air after jumping by holding down the jump button.

Many of her Aerial Attacks also passively produce [SMOKE TRAILS], which give the [SMOKE] debuff to enemies caught in the smoke. This makes their aerial attacks do less damage for a limited time.
Description: TOM is a Bruiser character with a sci-fi flair, boasting high impact attacks supplemented by a few long ranged additions. By using his grounded neutral attack, TOM can get stronger the longer he stays in control of the fight, making him heavily momentum-based.

Grounded Neutral Attack: SARA, Begin Broadcast - Tom does a quick downward punch toward the ground, doing damage and planting a comms device in the process. A small electronic beacon emerges from it and gives off waves, indicating the [BROADCAST] has begun.

Aerial Neutral Attack: Clyde Orbit - TOM takes on a classic powering up pose as two Clydes make a quick orbit around his body in an X pattern, ramming into foes to do damage.

Grounded Side Attack: I Love This Job - A combo attack consisting of two punches and a forward Sparta/front kick for a three strike attack.

Aerial Side Attack: Palm Burst - A [CHARGEABLE] move where TOM brings his hands together while pulling them back, before thrusting his hands forward, with a burst of energy erupting from them. Calling it a TOMehameha would've been a bit too on the nose.

Grounded Up Attack: Hard Light Blast - A [CHARGEABLE] attack wherein SARA projects herself above TOM and releases a massive blast of light, damaging foes in a radius similar to Mewtwo's up smash.

Aerial Up Attack: Thruster Uppercut - TOM jets upward while performing a strong uppercut attack.

Grounded Down Attack: Laser Torch - TOM crouches down while holding a welding laser outward. It sparks, damaging the foe and giving them a stack of [IGNITED] and a good deal of hitstun.

Aerial Down Attack: sTOMp - A [CHARGEABLE] attack wherein TOM does a strong aerial stomp with both feet. This move [SPIKES].

Grounded Neutral Special: Blaster Fire/Spirit TOM - If the button is pressed, Tom fires his blaster gun repeatedly. Each successful hit gives one stack of [IGNITED] to foes, giving small damage over time. If TOM has maximum [RATINGS], and the button is held, he'll instead hold the gun up and cause a giant green energy sphere to charge above his head, before shooting it. The blast has [HOMING] properties and is his strongest finisher. However, you can only get one hit per stock.

Aerial Neutral Special: Blaster Fire - TOM fires the blaster in the air. Same as the grounded variant, but the Spirit TOM can only be done on the ground.

Grounded Side Special: Super Hydraulics - TOM flies forward in a spinning, thruster-powered shoulder charge. This move acts as a quick burst option and a horizontal recovery option.

Aerial Side Special: Super Hydraulics - Same as grounded variant.

Grounded Up Special: Jetpack Exhaust - TOM dons a jetpack and quickly jets himself in a wide circle on the ground, doing damage as a solid Get Off Me tool.

Aerial Up Special: Jetpack Flight - TOM is given brief free flight with his jetpack. He can fly in any direction he chooses.

Grounded Down Special: Explosive Charge - TOM drops a box of explosives on the ground in front of him. It explodes on its own after a brief delay. If a foe is caught in the explosion, they are popped directly upwards to allow for TOM to make an easy follow-up.

Aerial Down Special: Explosive Charge - Same as grounded variant, but if the explosive hits a foe on its way to the ground, it will instantly detonate.

Passive Abilities:

If TOM does high amounts of damage while a [BROADCAST] is active, he will gain [RATINGS], which are displayed on the HUD. The higher the [RATINGS], the stronger TOM's moves become and the faster they come out, allowing him to snowball. At maximum [RATINGS], he can perform a Spirit TOM.
Description: Tapper is a Mage/Ranged class character who excels at long ranged combat, but is easy to overwhelm if the opponent gets in, mimicking the gameplay of his source material. Whether he references Tapper or Root Beer Tapper depends on whether or not Mature Content is enabled and whether or not his foe is of legal drinking age.

Grounded Neutral Attack: None the 'Weiser - Tapper tosses a mug upward in a spinning maneuver, and pressing the button again with good timing lets him kick the mug, making it a [PROJECTILE] that shatters on impact. If it hits the ground instead, it becomes a [PILE OF SHARDS] that hurts foes who walk on it.

Aerial Neutral Attack: Watch It, Bud - Tapper spins around in midair holding out two mugs. This move does significantly more damage if Tapper has a [REFILL] buff.

Grounded Side Attack: Clean Up Your Act - A combo attack wherein Tapper pulls out a mug on hit one, steps forward while wiping it with a rag on hit two, and splashes the water into the foe's face with another step forward on hit three.

Aerial Side Attack: Glass 'Em - A short ranged attack where Tapper slams a mug down in an overhead strike, whacking the foe.

Grounded Up Attack: A Bud in Hand - A [CHARGEABLE] move where Tapper throws a mug high in the air as a [PROJECTILE]. At full charge, the mug flies off the top of the screen, and a short amount of time later, a bird falls down as a much stronger falling [PROJECTILE]. When used not at full charge, if an ally intercepts the falling mug and overlaps it, they will gain [MUG HEAD ARMOR] and take reduced damage from the enemy's next attack.

Aerial Up Attack: Juggling Orders - A quick, multihit move wherein Tapper juggles three mugs of beer above his head. This move does more damage if Tapper has a [REFILL] buff.

Grounded Down Attack: Pour One Out - Tapper takes out a can of beer and pours it out in front of him. If used at a ledge, the move will hit those trying to recover, much like Villager's Bowling Ball. This move is chargeable.

Aerial Down Attack: Can It - Tapper drops a can of beer that plummets toward the stage, bouncing a bit. It doesn't immediately explode, but instead acts as a sort of grenade, exploding in a fog of fizz after a short period of time, or prematurely if hit by an attack.

Grounded Neutral Special: This One's For You - Tapper slides a frothy mug off the counter that appears next to him, acting as a linear [PROJECTILE]. The move has [COOLDOWN], and while on cooldown, the mugs will be empty. To bypass the cooldown time, Tapper must seek out a [REFILL] buff. If five filled mugs hit a foe, they become [SLUGGISH] due to either a sugar crash or inebriation.

Aerial Neutral Special: Same as the grounded variant.

Grounded Side Special: Countertop Slide - A bar counter appears beneath Tapper as he slides away on it, like the losing animation in his game. This can be used to either get closer to a fight (not recommended), or to re-establish space (recommended). Has [COOLDOWN].

Aerial Side Special: Crooked Countertop Slide - Similar to the grounded version, but Tapper slides diagonally downward (the counter wasn't properly mounted).

Grounded Up Special: Shake Up - Tapper can charge this move to shake a can of beer, and then pop the tab, causing a comically massive geyser of beer to erupt upwards out of it, hitting foes.

Aerial Up Special: Fizzy Flight - Tapper shakes a can of beer and points it downwards, shooting a geyser of beer out to propel himself up. This can be aimed.

Grounded Down Special: Keg Refill - Tapper places a standing keg on the stage. While in its vicinity, Tapper gets a [REFILL] buff, making his Neutral Special do more damage. Only one Keg can be active at once. If Tapper wishes, he can press Down Special again while next to the Keg to smash a mug into the nozzle, breaking it and unleashing a massive torrent of beer to greatly damage and push back foes. However, this puts this move into a long [COOLDOWN].

Aerial Down Special: Same as ground, though the Keg falls through the air until it hits the ground.

Passive Abilities:
Tapper can dodge upward into the air from the ground by dodging near his Keg, where he will perform a leap from a keg stand position.

Tapper gets an instant [REFILL] buff when near his Keg.
Description: Buddy is an Assassin character who excels at mid-ranged combat with a good combo game. He's very fast, but his relatively light weight and lanky frame make him easy to knock away if he ever lets up.

Grounded Neutral Attack: Throne of Lies - A two strike move where Buddy swings a fake Santa beard back and forth. This attack has high hitstun, as the foe is flabbergasted at the existence of an Impostor Santa.

Aerial Neutral Attack: Split Kick - Buddy does a midair split, kicking his long legs out to each side. This move has a lingering hitbox.

Grounded Side Attack: Four Main Food Groups - A four-strike advancing string of attacks. First Buddy does an upward swiping move while throwing a handful of hard candy. Then he takes out a giant candy cane to hit the foe with an overhead strike. Then he does a sweeping slap where he throws a handful of candy corn. Finally, he pulls out a bottle of maple syrup and douses the foe with it. If all four connect and Buddy uses the syrup, the foe becomes [SLOWED].

Aerial Side Attack: Soda Chug - Buddy downs a two liter bottle of soda in one go and then burps forward, doing damage. This also sends Buddy slightly backwards in the air from the recoil.

Grounded Up Attack: Jack-in-the-Box - A [CHARGEABLE] attack where Buddy winds up a jack-in-the-box. Upon release, it pops up, causing Buddy to leap up in fright while doing damage.

Aerial Up Attack: Hang the Lights - Buddy swings a string of tangled Christmas lights above his head in a multihit move. This move is similar to Byleth's up air in Ultimate.

Grounded Down Attack: Agony of Da Feet - A [CHARGEABLE] attack wherein Buddy spills a container of [NON-BRANDED TOY BRICKS] on the ground below him. The longer the charge, the greater the affected area. If a foe steps on this area, they will take heavy damage, and the floor will be cleared afterwards.

Aerial Down Attack: Ice Floe - A [CHARGEABLE] move that has Buddy stand on a large, expanding floe of ice, which falls down and crushes anyone beneath. However, Buddy falls with it.

Grounded Neutral Special: Snowball Barrage - Buddy launches a rapid barrage of snowballs. Each successful hit adds one layer of [WEAKENED]. After five hits, it also adds a stack of [SLOWED].

Aerial Neutral Special: Snowball Barrage - Same as grounded variant, though only one snowball can be thrown at a time in the air.

Grounded Side Special: Revolving Door - A large set of revolving doors appear as Buddy spins around in them. The move can be [CHARGED] to have Buddy spin for longer. Upon release, Buddy shoots out of them at high speeds. This gives Buddy the [HASTENED] status for a period of time. If the move charges too long, Buddy instead gets [SLOWED] from nausea. His increased speed will also carry into jump momentum.

Aerial Side Special: Flying Leap - Buddy dives forward in a lunging leap that acts as both a horizontal recovery, and a way to briefly give himself the [PROJECTILE SIDESTEP] buff while airborne.

Grounded Up Special: Couch Jump - Buddy leaps onto a couch that appears on the ground and leaps into the air. Other fighters can jump off the couch for a higher than normal jump height.

Aerial Up Special: Falling Couch - Similar to the grounded variant, but the couch falls through the air as a [PROJECTILE] after Buddy jumps.

Grounded Down Special: Warm Embrace - A raccoon appears before Buddy and begins running forward. Buddy can chase after the raccoon to hug it, and, should he, the raccoon, and an opponent overlap, all three will be put in a giant fight cloud for rapid damage. The raccoon disappears afterwards.

Aerial Down Special: Aerial Embrace - Similar to the grounded variant, but Buddy simply releases the raccoon in midair and lets it fall to the ground. If a foe touches the raccoon as it falls, it will cling to them and rapidly bite and claw at them.
Description: Snagglepuss is an Assassin type character with a heavy focus on mobility. A lightweight with a fairly tall frame, he makes up for his shortcomings with all out offense, using his Exit Stage Left/Right/Up/Down to close any and all gaps.

Grounded Neutral Attack: The Immortal Bard - Snagglepuss holds out an open book with an outstretched arm, and then slams it shut in a two-strike maneuver.

Aerial Neutral Attack: Hot Mic - Snagglepuss twirls a microphone around himself by its wire, hitting in a circle around him.

Grounded Side Attack: Spar, Spar - Snagglepuss dons a pair of boxing gloves and performs a right jab, and left jab, and a hook while advancing forward.

Aerial Side Attack: En Garde, Touché, Even - Snagglepuss takes out his fencing foil and can perform up to three strikes: a forward slash, a spinning slash, and a thrust, in that order. The final hit gives him a small forward movement burst.

Grounded Up Attack: Bowling Ball Barrage - Snagglepuss juggles some bowling balls. During the move, he can also press to either side to fling the bowling balls sideways. A powerful move, but has some blindspots.

Aerial Up Attack: Alas, Poor Yorick - A [CHARGEABLE] attack wherein Snagglepuss whips out an iron knight helm and raises it aloft. This move does quite a bit of knockback but has some startup as he lifts the helm.

Grounded Down Attack: Ready, Set, Let's Go - Snagglepuss waves a checkered racing flag in a downward slash. If he overlaps an ally while using this move, they get one stack of [HASTENED].

Aerial Down Attack: In the Wings - Snagglepuss takes out two ping pong paddles and flaps them like bird wings. This move gives him a burst of downward diagonal movement and can change his momentum and trajectory, similarly to Nigel's Falcon Dive from the first NASB.

Grounded Neutral Special: Sally Forth! - Snagglepuss performs a [CHARGEABLE] fencing thrust that sends him flying forward, similarly to Ike's Quick Draw. However, if he hits a wall, he'll lodge his foil into it. This lets him get an additional jump by removing himself from the wall.

Aerial Neutral Special: Fifth, Even! - Same as grounded variant.

Grounded Side Special: Exit, Stage Left/Right/Up/Down! - Snagglepuss darts quickly in the chosen direction in a flash step move, similar to an omnidirectional Fox Illusion. This can be used to close a gap, attack, or evade. While advancing, Snagglepuss briefly gains a [PROJECTILE SIDESTEP] modifier. This move is the key to Snagglepuss's playstyle.

Aerial Side Special: In the Air, Even! - Same as the grounded variant.

Grounded Up Special: Marbleizin' Propeller Punch - Snagglepuss spins his boxing glove clad fist like a propeller and flies upward while doing damage.

Aerial Up Special: Heavens to Wright Brothers - The same as the grounded variant, but at any point in the ascent, Snagglepuss can press the button again to flip upside down and corkscrew into a downward propeller punch.

Grounded Down Special: Mouse Trap Gift - A counter move wherein Snagglepuss holds out an open gift sack. If a foe's melee attack overlaps it, they'll spring the concealed mouse trap and take damage, while gaining one stack of [WEAKENED]. Has [COOLDOWN] if used repeatedly.

Aerial Down Special: Set Dressing - Similar to grounded, but Snagglepuss drops the sack as an obstacle. If hit by a melee move, it will unleash the mouse trap. Only one of these can be out at once, and it has [COOLDOWN].

Passive Abilities: By performing Snagglepuss's side special in a downward diagonal direction into the ground, be it in the air or on land, Snagglepuss will perform a [WAVEDASH, EVEN], giving him more burst movement and mobility compared to other characters. This will also carry any momentum he gained from a charged neutral special if used in succession. Performing a grounded attack during a [WAVEDASH, EVEN] also makes the attack come out faster, which is particularly helpful for his grounded up attack.
Playstyle: Audrey II is a Tank character, but a rather unconventional one, being a character that needs momentum to grow into a much more potent threat.

That is to say, Audrey II has two movesets, or stances if you prefer. Audrey II starts the fight as a small potted plant, being carried by Seymour, who does most of the movement. However, each attack done by Audrey II that lands on the opponent feeds it some of their blood. Once the meter is filled, Audrey II becomes [SATIATED] and shifts its stance. Now it's a massive, mobile plant monster, while Seymour stays in the background, terrified over what he's wrought.

[SEYMOUR MODE] Moveset

Grounded Neutral Attack - Plant Food: A chargeable attack where Audrey II lunges forward and snaps three times, biting the foe.

Aerial Neutral Attack - Plant Food: The same as on the ground, but not chargeable. This allows Seymour to more easily feed Audrey II in different situations.

Grounded Side Attack - Chop, Chomp, Chomp: Seymour swings his axe down, and then as he moves forward, Audrey II delivers two strong bites.

Aerial Side Attack - Overhead Slice: Seymour swings his axe and sends the foe rocketing down if the axe head connects.

Grounded Up Attack - Zap: Seymour lifts a power cable into the air, zapping whoever's above him.

Aerial Up Attack - Arching Zap: Seymour lifts up a power cable and shocks anyone above him in an arc.

Grounded Down Attack - Clean Sweep: Seymour sweeps the ground ahead of him with a broom, which pushes the foe away just enough to combo into several of Audrey II's biting attacks.

Aerial Down Attack - Broom Beating: Seymour swings his broom down below him.

Grounded Neutral Special - Feed Me, Seymour: Audrey II chomps down hard on a foe, and chews. This acts as a sort of command grab, where after Audrey II is done chewing, it can spit them out in any direction. Using this move when Audrey II is fully [SATIATED] changes the player from [SEYMOUR MODE] to [AUDREY II MODE] for the remainder of the match. Audrey II will grow much larger, exploding out of its pot and sending Seymour into the background. The shrapnel from the exploding flower pot also hurts enemies.

Aerial Neutral Special - Same as the grounded variant.

Grounded Side Special - Flit Gun: Seymour sprays an insecticide flit gun and creates a blast of repellent, which helps block incoming projectiles.

Aerial Side Special - Same as the grounded variant.

Grounded Up Special - Root Whip - Audrey II snaps one of its roots upwards as a whip, similar to Pikmin Chain.

Aerial Up Special - The same as on the ground, but this can snap back onto the stage.

Grounded Down Special - Feed the Plant: Seymour lets Audrey II chew on his hand. This increases Audrey II's meter, but also damages Seymour more the longer the button is held. A high risk high reward move.

Aerial Down Special - Same as the grounded version.

[AUDREY II MODE]

Grounded Neutral Attack - Vine Barrage: Audrey II produces a chargeable mass of vines that rapidly whip in front of it.

Aerial Neutral Attack - Spreading Vines: Similar to the grounded version, but the vines spread out in a circle around Audrey II instead.

Grounded Side Attack - Nature Calls...: Audrey II shoots out a chargeable, massive vine straight ahead. This move stabs right through projectiles to smash into foes.

Aerial Side Attack - You've Been Had: Audrey II takes a massive vine and slams it down in front of it, meteoring foes caught by it.

Grounded Up Attack - Up Yours: Audrey II lunges straight upwards with a massive bite.

Aerial Up Attack - Backup Buds: Audrey II swings a vine with three small buds attached to it in an arc above it, with all three biting throughout the move.

Grounded Down Attack - Mean Green Mother: Audrey II charges up and shoots out vines from either side of it from the ground, with small buds snapping at foes they hit.

Aerial Down Attack - Change Your Tone: Audrey II takes two large vines and slams them together...like a scissor kick but for something without legs.

Grounded Neutral Special - Feed Me!: Very similar to the neutral special from [SEYMOUR MODE], but does significantly more damage, and, if successful, gives Audrey II more [ARMOR]. Using this move while grounded next to Seymour will have Audrey II [EAT SEYMOUR] to regain 30% health. This can only be done once per game, as Seymour is now gone. After Seymour is eaten, Audrey II can also spit out his glasses as a strong, one-time [Projectile].

Aerial Neutral Special - Same as the grounded variant.

Grounded Side Special - Mean and Green: Audrey II aims a reticle across the ground, which can be moved by the player. Upon release, a massive vine shoots out of the desired spot. This vine acts as an [ARMORED WALL] that can stop projectiles. If the vine connects with a foe instead, it acts as a [COMMAND GRAB], and you can either flick them away, or throw them back toward Audrey II's mouth, which combos into Neutral Special.

Aerial Side Special - From Outer Space: Audrey II shoots out its roots toward the stage. This can be aimed. Once the vines connect to either the stage or a foe, Audrey II rockets down toward the target, doing heavy damage on impact.

Grounded Up Special - Cascading Roots: Similar to the up special in [SEYMOUR MODE], but much stronger, as longer, larger roots are used.

Aerial Up Special - Same as grounded variant, but can cling to walls like a creeping vine.

Grounded Down Special - Don't You Threaten Me: Audrey II pulls out a gun, twirls it, and shoots a shot diagonally down in front of itself. If it hits nothing, it gains a [Ricochet] effect.

Aerial Down Special - Same as the grounded variant.

Other Passive Abilities: Audrey II takes significantly less damage from [Projectiles], and can heal 30% health once per match by eating Seymour. Audrey II can create an armored vine wall to aid allies, and can add armor to itself with Neutral Special.
Description: Jabberjaw is a large Tank character who can take blow after blow, as he's used to not getting any respect...but that doesn't mean he can't get some here. He may not move particularly quickly, but he has several burst options for surprisingly fast damage.

Grounded Neutral Attack: Shark Bite - Jabberjaw leans forward and bites in front of him. Continued presses of the attack button let him bite repeatedly.

Aerial Neutral Attack: Swimmin' Circles Around Ya - Jabberjaw swims in a circle before slamming his tail downward ahead of him, which acts as a [SPIKE].

Grounded Side Attack: Lemme At 'Em - Jabberjaw does a combo of punches, with a right hook, left hook, and uppercut. A successful combo has him do a strongman pose after.

Aerial Side Attack: Right in the Kisseh! - A three hit combo, once again starting with two punches, but this time ending in a forward karate chop that has a [SPIKE] effect.

Grounded Up Attack: One, Two, Three! - Jabberjaw takes out his drum sticks and hits them together above his head. This move can combo together a few times. If Jabberjaw uses his grounded down special immediately after this move, the [RESPECT METER] fills faster.

Aerial Up Attack: Fountain Attack - Jabberjaw mimics a fountain and spits a stream of water above him, which can push foes upwards while doing damage.

Grounded Down Attack: Pull the Rug Out - Jabberjaw gets low to the ground and disguises himself into a shark-themed area rug, stretching out to hit his foe.

Aerial Down Attack: Body Slam - Jabberjaw holds his fins out and slams downward into the ground, making a shockwave on impact that does small [AREA OF EFFECT] damage.

Grounded Neutral Special: Net Cast - Jabberjaw takes a heavy fishing net and lobs it upward and forward in an arc. If an opponent is caught by the net, they must [STRUGGLE] to break free, lest they be left open for an attack. Only one net can be out at a time.

Aerial Neutral Special: Net Cast - Same as grounded variant.

Grounded Side Special: Gotta Jet - Jabberjaw rockets forward, swimming through the air and doing damage in a burst maneuver. Jabberjaw also leaves a [BUBBLE TRAIL] behind him.

Aerial Side Special: Gotta Jet - Same as grounded variant.

Grounded Up Special: Fish Bowl Dive - Jabberjaw gets scared and dives into a comically small fish bowl to hide. By holding the input and moving to the left or right, you can aim this move before releasing, causing Jabberjaw to fly out of the tiny bowl at great speed.

Aerial Up Special: Fish Bowl Rocket - Similar to grounded variant, but can only point upward.

Grounded Down Special: Count Us Off - Jabberjaw takes out his drum set and begins playing them in time with the button presses. Allies in range of the set gain a small amount of [GRAY HEALTH]. If Jabberjaw continues to play the drums, he slowly gains [RESPECT] on his [RESPECT METER].

Aerial Down Special: Spinnin' Dig-a-Roo - Jabberjaw turns into a corkscrew drill and dives downward toward the stage, digging into the ground. He can stay underground for a few seconds before popping back up with another drill attack. The digging portion has [COOLDOWN].

Passive Abilities:
Playing the drums will cause Jabberjaw to fill his [RESPECT METER]. As it fills, Jabberjaw gets more passive [ARMOR]. At full [RESPECT], Jabberjaw gains [SHARK SKIN], giving small amounts of recoil damage to those who physically attack him. These buffs
are removed when Jabberjaw is KO'd.
Description: Don Lockwood is a Bruiser character who acts as a combo-heavy all-arounder. While his individual hits aren't the most powerful, he can link moves together with ease, with many a burst option available to get in close.

Grounded Neutral Attack: Duelling Gladiators - Don does a series of three high stepping puddle stomps while advancing. With each downward slam, a crest of rainwater shoots upward, hitting the foe. These become more powerful the more [SATURATED] the ground is.

Aerial Neutral Attack: I've a Smile on My Face - A two strike attack where Don first takes off his hat and throws his hat-holding hand outward to the side, and then throwing his umbrella-holding hand to the other side. A very strong attack and a potent get-off-me tool.

Grounded Side Attack: With a Happy Refrain - Don does a leisurely jaunt forward while swinging his closed umbrella in a circle ahead of him as he goes. This is a multihit move that combos into itself.

Aerial Side Attack: Down the Lane - Don swings his closed umbrella in an upward arc. If the move is pressed a second time, a second hit happens where he opens the umbrella. Opening the umbrella makes Don enter [UMBRELLA MODE].

Grounded Up Attack: Dark Up Above - Don opens his umbrella, holds it up, and spins it above his head. This is a multihit attack, and makes the ground more [SATURATED].

Aerial Up Attack: The Sun's in My Heart - Don swipes his closed umbrella above him in an arc. If pressed twice, he swings it back again the other way, and opens it, activating [UMBRELLA MODE].

Grounded Down Attack: Make a Splash - Don kicks out his leg and splashes a puddle of water upward. The puddle grows bigger and more powerful the more [SATURATED] the ground is.

Aerial Down Attack: Dive Kick - Don Lockwood performs his iconic dive kick. Much like Simon's dive kick in Smash, Don bounces back up on a successful hit. However, when he reaches the apex of his bounceback, he automatically enters [UMBRELLA MODE]. This also makes the ground below him [SATURATED].

Grounded Neutral Special: Moses Supposes - A multihit move wherein Don tap dances, advancing forward with the first two hits. On the third hit, the player has a choice as far as what to do next. If they hold forward or neutral, Don finishes with a series of trenches, with each chop doing damage as a multihit. If up is held, Don soars forward with a leaping high kick, which does extra damage at the tip of his toe, but has trouble hitting smaller foes. If down is held, Don does a spin with his arms outstretched and going in a clockwise motion, which is the most reliable kill move of the three, but doesn't do much damage. These moves, as they involve tapping, do more damage if the ground is [SATURATED].

Aerial Neutral Special: His Toeses Aren't Roses - Don stomps downward and rockets down toward the stage, splashing a puddle of water outward on impact. This does more damage the more [SATURATED] the ground is.

Grounded Side Special: Let the Stormy Clouds Chase - Don opens his umbrella, holds it out, and spins around as he advances forward. This essentially acts as a multihitting Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, while making the ground more [SATURATED].

Aerial Side Special: Everyone from the Place - Same as grounded variant, but Don enters [UMBRELLA MODE] after use.

Grounded Up Special: I'm Happy Again - A [LIGHT POST] appears, and Don uses it to swing upward into the air. Don's trajectory can be altered during ascent to encourage chasing down a foe. Allies in range of the [LIGHT POST] become [ILLUMINATED].

Aerial Up Special: I'm Laughin' at Clouds - A gale lifts Don up as he holds his closed umbrella upwards, before opening it. This is a rising combo attack with a strong finisher when opening the umbrella, making it Don's Shoryuken equivalent. After the umbrella opens, Don enters [UMBRELLA MODE].

Grounded Down Special: Good Mornin' - Don takes his bright yellow slicker and whips it outward like a matador's cape. This does damage up close, but it also launches a blast of water forward that explodes onto whoever it hits, doing damage as a [PROJECTILE]. This move is bigger and more powerful the more [SATURATED] the stage is.

Aerial Down Special: To You and You and You - The same as the grounded variant.

Passive Abilities:

Some of Don's moves involve an open umbrella, which put him into [UMBRELLA MODE]. This mode makes him gently float using his umbrella, similar to Peach in Smash Bros. However, it also gives small damage over time to anyone caught underneath the umbrella's sides, as rain will continually pour down. If the rain hits the stage, it gets more [SATURATED].

The stage becomes more [SATURATED] (displayed as an HUD bar by Don), many of Don's moves get stronger, mostly those that involve footwork. Using [UMBRELLA MODE] and Don's side special can help build saturation.

Don can place a [LIGHT POST] on the stage to [ILLUMINATE] allies in range. Allies in range of the post can see better, giving a slight homing effect to their [PROJECTILES] when used near the post.
Description: Snow Miser is a Bruiser class character who focuses on quick, cold hits and dropping the temperature of the fight, fittingly letting him snowball into being more potent. He's also strong at dealing with projectiles, but is weak to longer ranged melee attacks and other non-projectile disjoints. Aesthetically, he's also animated at a lower frame rate than the others, similar to Mr. Game and Watch, to mimic the old Rankin Bass stop motion feel.

Grounded Neutral Attack: Turns to Snow in My Clutch - Snow Miser swipes in front of himself with a grabbing motion. This alone does damage if it connects, but if the Snow Miser grabs an enemy [PROJECTILE], he will cancel it out and turn it into a [SNOW DRIFT].

Aerial Neutral Attack: Whatever I Touch - Snow Miser turns his cane into an icicle and strikes forward with it in a swiping motion.

Grounded Side Attack: Mr. White Christmas - A combo of connectable high kicks where Snow Miser marches forward with each strike.

Aerial Side Attack: Mr. Ten Below - Snow Miser blows a stream of icy breath forward as the ice crystals form a "-10" that damages foes, and produces a falling [SNOW DRIFT].

Grounded Up Attack: I'm Too Much - Snow Miser turns his hat into a snowball and throws it upward, where, at its apex, it explodes back into a hat, doing damage and creating a [SNOW DRIFT].

Aerial Up Attack: Thirty, Twenty, Ten, Five - Snow Miser twirls his hat on his cane above his head, doing multiple hits on the twirl.

Grounded Down Attack: Let It Freeze - Snow Miser drags his cane along the ground in front of him, freezing the area solid and creating an [ICE PATCH].

Aerial Down Attack: Mr. Icicle - Snow Miser freezes his cane, points it downward, and fast falls. This move can [PIERCE ARMOR]

Grounded Neutral Special: Winter Wind - Snow Miser produces a gust of icy wind that pushes foes away, doing damage while creating a [SNOW DRIFT].

Aerial Neutral Special: Aerial Winter Wind - Similar to grounded variant, but the wind instead brings enemies closer. Alternating between the two can sustain combos for longer.

Grounded Side Special: Getting Colder - Snow Miser throws a chargeable, aimable snowball forward. Hitting the foe will cause them to take damage, but hitting the stage also creates a [SNOW DRIFT].

Aerial Side Special: Aerial Getting Colder - Similar to the grounded version, but Snow Miser throws the snowball diagonally downward with no charge.

Grounded Up Special: Mr. Snow - Snow Miser spins rapidly, doing multihit damage, producing a [SNOW DRIFT], and reflecting weaker [PROJECTILES].

Aerial Up Special: Aerial Mr. Snow - Similar to the grounded version, but instead of reflection, the move has a suction effect and Snow Miser rises during the spin.

Grounded Down Special: Friends Call Me Snow Miser - Snow Miser summons one of his backup performers, who marches forward. If the Mini Miser grabs a foe, he'll toss it back toward Snow Miser's direction so Snow Miser can follow up, and then disappear.

Aerial Down Special: Aerial Friends Call Me Snow Miser - Same as grounded variant.

Passive Abilities:
Snow Miser has a [THERMOMETER] on the HUD. The lower the temperature, the shorter the cooldown becomes on the moves of himself and his ally.

Some of Snow Miser's moves create [SNOW DRIFTS], which bring the temperature of the stage down.

Snow Miser's Grounded Down Attack produces an [ICE PATCH] on the ground. Running over an ice patch and jumping just before the end of it carries your running speed and momentum into your jump momentum, allowing for fun movement shenanigans.
Description: Ed is a Tank class character who isn't very fast, but makes up for it with his strength and durability, as well as his [ROCK INSTALL], which makes him significantly stronger and faster. The series' iconic boiling line look and stock sound effects are also retained.

Grounded Neutral Attack: Down the Hatch - Ed's mouth grows comically large as he lunges forward and takes a massive bite out of whatever's in front of him. Similar to Spongebob's Chomp in the first NASB. This move can also eat certain [PROJECTILES] and recover a small amount of health.

Aerial Neutral Attack: Flap Flap! - Ed flaps his arms like a stork, doing damage. Ed can also use this move to stall his descent, and allies can grab onto his legs for more hang time of their own.

Grounded Side Attack: Buttered Toast Combo - Ed smashes the foe between two pieces of buttered toast, then smacks the foe with a gravy ladle, and finally smashes them into the ground with a massive tree stump.

Aerial Side Attack: Plunger Fencing - Ed thrusts a plunger forward like a rapier. This move has a sweet spot on the plunger head.

Grounded Up Attack: Midnight Snack - A chargeable move wherein Ed throws a refrigerator above his head as a short ranged vertical [PROJECTILE], before swallowing it whole, briefly taking on the shape of the fridge as he falls backwards to crush anyone in his way.

Aerial Up Attack: I'm a Monster! - Ed lifts his hands up menacingly and roars like a movie monster, hitting above him as his arms rise.

Grounded Down Attack: Static Buildup - Ed dons a pair of bunny slippers and rapidly shuffles his feet as the move is charged, before holding out his hand and delivering a strong electrical zap to whoever is in the way.

Aerial Down Attack: Look Out Below! - Ed takes a saw and saws off a piece of the sky, which then falls down as a falling [PROJECTILE].

Grounded Neutral Special: Great Big Hug - Ed performs a [COMMAND GRAB] where he bear hugs the foe. You can then throw them in four different directions. Forward socks them with an oversized boxing glove. Backwards has Ed swing them in a circle. Upwards has Ed rip the ground out from under them to rocket them up, and down has Ed give them a gift by dropping a washing machine on their head. However, if this move is used if Ed has a [ROCK IN HIS SHOE], he activates the [ROCK INSTALL], which greatly increases his speed, power, and Neutral Special throwing distance.

Aerial Neutral Special: Aerial Hug - Ed grabs the foe, but instead of having options, he continues to hold on as they both rocket downward. Can be used for sacrificial KOs.

Grounded Side Special: Ready or Not! - A chargeable move wherein Ed rushes forward in a mad dash, unimpeded by obstacles. At full charge, Ed crashes through any and all foes and obstacles in his way, until he reaches the edge. This move has heavy [ARMOR].

Aerial Side Special: Ed of My Rope - Ed shoots an aimable grappling hook toward the stage, and then slides across it using his tongue as a zipline.

Grounded Up Special: Going Up! - Ed enters a cardboard elevator, rises up about eight feet to do damage, and then falls back to the ground to do damage again.

Aerial Up Special: Hug a Chicken, Hug a Chicken - Ed holds onto the feet of two chickens as they carry him through the air. This move has better horizontal movement than vertical, though it still does go upward.

Grounded Down Special: A Woodpecker...'Cept With Dirt - Ed slams his face down into the dirt in front of him repeatedly as the button is pressed, similar in execution to Donkey Kong's Hand Slap. Ed is fully [ARMORED] during this move, though the armor wears off if the move is spammed. This move can spike if used at the ledge.

Aerial Down Special: Cockadoodledoo! - Ed does a full on aerial body slam, plummeting into the ground with arms outstretched. This can destroy enemy structures with ease and is [ARMORED].

Passive Abilities: Melee attacks do reduced damage to Ed.

As Ed runs, he gets a chance of getting a [ROCK IN HIS SHOE], allowing for him to use his [ROCK INSTALL].

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Time to learn about Netcode changes

Edit: Also did they change character artwork? A video of a sample match with Garnet and Finn vs Wonder Woman and Batman shows different art for Garnet and Wonder Woman (notably they’re both smiling). Plus Finn and Batman look slightly different, though that could just be Unreal Engine 5 compared to 4.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Edit: Also did they change character artwork? A video of a sample match with Garnet and Finn vs Wonder Woman and Batman shows different art for Garnet and Wonder Woman (notably they’re both smiling). Plus Finn and Batman look slightly different, though that could just be Unreal Engine 5 compared to 4.
I genuinely don't see the difference between the 2 videos about the netcode change, but hey if it feels better while playing that's good, because MVS netcocde was very poor at launch.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

The videos only show Shaggy, so I don't know what your talking about.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

LimeTH

Smash Lord
There's a full match on Twitter
Besides how slow the gameplay looks, why are the characters so huge? The whole thing comes off very cramped.

Also I hope you can adjust the colored glow around the characters, that’s really distracting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Could be the footage that is slowed down, they did that in the early beta days too for the first few trailer.
For what it's worth...the timer on the top is going at the correct pace. So it really does seem like this is the "normal" speed.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
For what it's worth...the timer on the top is going at the correct pace. So it really does seem like this is the "normal" speed.
Oh yeah you're right. Tbh I'm starting to be worried with the state of the game. I get that changing engine and the netcode change was a lot of work, but it feels like the wait might have been way too long for the little changes we're getting, and people on other site doesn't seems too happy with the state of things. I really hope next few weeks have bigger announcements, because I don't see the game being alive for too long right now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Besides how slow the gameplay looks, why are the characters so huge? The whole thing comes off very cramped.
I think the increased size is an attempt to make the game more legible. A real common complaint for the beta was that it was hard to tell what was going on. I had that issues frequently, so I don't mind that change.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think the increased size is an attempt to make the game more legible. A real common complaint for the beta was that it was hard to tell what was going on. I had that issues frequently, so I don't mind that change.
I don't mind the bigger models, but I hope they change the camera because it seems that they didn't adapt it for the bigger models, so it looks like everything is really zoom in.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't mind the bigger models, but I hope they change the camera because it seems that they didn't adapt it for the bigger models, so it looks like everything is really zoom in.
It definitely feels like they over corrected. The stages look smaller, the screen looks cramped, it's too much.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It definitely feels like they over corrected. The stages look smaller, the screen looks cramped, it's too much.
If they're gonna insist on keeping it like this I won't be playing tbh, when the characters are too big there's no room to breathe. Not to mention it looks uncanny when objects in the background aren't scaled to the characters or vice versa.

Top Bottom