• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
tomorrow is the day that Marvel comics deports Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider to the mainline universe of 616…while possibly killing off the entirety of Earth-65

big damn

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Trans Vivian is now canon worldwide
View attachment 389736
Source is Nintendo Life
Genuinely surprised they actually did it.

Like I figured they might hint at it a little more in the remake, but this is entirely unambiguous.

I'd expect something like Fire Emblem or Xenoblade to do this, but this is Mario, their flagship series.
It's honestly very brave of them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_3085.jpeg

back when DC and WBD thought Black Adam was gonna be a massive hit for the media

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_3084.jpeg

probably the most sus social link/confidant

Shroob

Sup?
I'm debating getting it again but

Lord give me strength, I don't know I'm I'm strong enough for all the backtracking in Chapter 4 and 7.

It's a fantastic game, but every time I remember Twilight Town and the constant back and forths, my brain just dulls.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay so how do you pick your baby Yoshi colors? I know there’s a trick to it.

Per my contractual obligations I must have a black dragon companion at any given opportunity.

Shroob

Sup?

Per my contractual obligations I must have a black dragon companion at any given opportunity.
It's not something you pick, it's time based.

So the minute you get the egg, you have to keep track of how long it's been.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

It's time based from the second the egg joins your party.

0-6 minutes is Green
6-9 minutes is Red
9-12 minutes is Blue
12-15 minutes is Orange
15-18 minutes is Pink
18-19 minutes is Black
19-20 minutes is White

Then it loops back after that. Hope you have a timer on you :4wario2:

Shroob

Sup?
It's time based from the second the egg joins your party.

0-6 minutes is Green
6-9 minutes is Red
9-12 minutes is Blue
12-15 minutes is Orange
15-18 minutes is Pink
18-19 minutes is Black
19-20 minutes is White

Then it loops back after that. Hope you have a timer on you :4wario2:
I don't think I ever got anything but Green back when I played.

I guess I went super sonic racing

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm debating getting it again but

Lord give me strength, I don't know I'm I'm strong enough for all the backtracking in Chapter 4 and 7.

It's a fantastic game, but every time I remember Twilight Town and the constant back and forths, my brain just dulls.
They're saying they added a pipe that take you directly to Creepy Steeple in chapter 4

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Maybe it was just because I was young, but the potion timing sequence actually used to actually make me frustrated enough to quit playing the game for a while.

The backtracking was annoying, too, but ended up being worth it for the last two acts of the game (plus the bop that is the X-Naut base's music).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ok so this may be me, but was anyone else disappointed Pennington the Penguin didn't become a party member for Chapter 6?

Little me was distraught
Never really thought about it, but Pennington actually would've made a really sick partner.

It also would've been cool to see him react to the rest of the game's events along with Mario's party.

Shroob

Sup?
Pay $60 for a remake of a game I already own (and probably doesn't change much)
but
It may bring Peakper Mario back
Honestly, I feel like I may cancel my other pre-order and switch(har har) over to TTYD right now.

I got til June 14th for the other one, but Peakper Mario is..... soon

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Looks like Adam Wingard isn't returning for the next MonsterVerse film.

And if that's the case. Who should replace him?

Returning-wise it'd definitely be Jordan Vogt-Roberts because he had the right idea how the tone of the MonsterVerse should've stuck with and to date Kong: Skull Island remains the best MV film.

New director I'd say Matt Reeves or any directors who are fans of Godzilla and stay true to the current tone like Guillermo del Toro, Quentin Tarantino or Martin Scorsese.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Multiversus’s battle pass is fixed now, so I better not see complaints.

everyone who played the beta gets the pass, Jason and several exclusive cosmetics free

Gleamium on pass to buy all future ones.

Characters are buyable with character tokens outside of the pass. Anyone who played the beta should have plenty of these if need be, if they bought a founders pack.

Prestige rewards that let you get exclusive cosmetic upgrades the more you use different ones and play the game.

Overall seems like a very solid battle pass system and that’s all it really needs.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
View attachment 389770
probably the most sus social link/confidant
This is why I was glad that I played the FeMC route of Persona 3 Portable.

I tried getting into Persona 3 through the port of the PS2 version that was on the PS3, but between the lack of manual control over party members, none of the male party members having social links, and the social links that I did have being cases like this guy or an athlete whose social link mainly levels up if you encourage him to cause serious damage to his body in the name of high school sports, I had a tougher time with getting into it compared to Persona 4.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is why I was glad that I played the FeMC route of Persona 3 Portable.

I tried getting into Persona 3 through the port of the PS2 version that was on the PS3, but between the lack of manual control over party members, none of the male party members having social links, and the social links that I did have being cases like this guy or an athlete whose social link mainly levels up if you encourage him to cause serious damage to his body in the name of high school sports, I had a tougher time with getting into it compared to Persona 4.
Yeah some of the other guys didn’t really have the best work to go through, but some like the dying kid were amazing. Tho yeah Kotone definitely got the better stories to work with. If only she was around more often.

also Reload fixed the male party social link issue by giving them special episodes for Makoto to bond with (Koromaru included)

Top Bottom