• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ngl doh, It is true that sometimes I am scared of sharing certain stuff here specifically out of fear of people finding It too uncool or something like that.

One example is that I've been sitting for a really long time on sharing with ya'll my review of Super Mario RPG because I know people such as @Cutie Gwen to name someone aren't really huge on It and have... Shared really strong views on It.

Now, that doesn't mean I hate anybody here: ya'll are awesome people with a lot of talents and strength Who want to help improve the world. That's amazing and admirable, and I have nothing but respect for ya'll as such.

But yeah... I don't wanna get on anybody's wrong side just for talking about a game they really don't enjoy at all.
People are fine with pretty much anything so long as you're not weird about it tbh

Noipoi

Howdy!
So how is everyone in this fine day
My week has been ASS. One of those weeks where you just get annoyed by existence itself, makes you wanna jump off a bridge or something and go into a coma just so you don’t have to put up with this nonsense anymore.

But whatever, gotta keep it moving I guess :drshrug:

It’s not all bad news, got a job interview coming up next week.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
So how is everyone in this fine day
Doing great MightyP!

Today I produced a Carnival party at my center as part of my production classes. My favourite teacher dressed as a British/USA tourist and It was hilarious XD
I also presented as part of my audiovisual productions class the X-Men 97 trailer and the whole class and the teacher were really impressed by It!

After that, I went to my house and ate spaghetti and Chicken nuggets! I quite enjoyed them a lot!
I took a rest then, and the rest of the evening I've been with my mother and some of her friends in the rural side of my island to see the dogs of one of them. I shared cool pics here!

Also, while taking the walk with Brisa and Bruma, my cousin called from Madrid and told me the Sora amiibo finally arrived! Next time he passes by Gran Canaria he will give It to me, so really excited! Been waiting since 2014 for a Sora amiibo and the hype is real.

Right now I am on my way Home, so overall: an amazing day! Looking forward to the weekend as well ^^

My week has been ASS. One of those weeks where you just get annoyed by existence itself, makes you wanna jump off a bridge or something and go into a coma just so you don’t have to put up with this nonsense anymore.

But whatever, gotta keep it moving I guess :drshrug:

It’s not all bad news, got a job interview coming up next week.
Aaaw, that's a shame Noi.

Remember that if you ever need anything we can talk through PMs. The beginning of the year was also really weird for me, but I've been able to get through a lot of stuff well enough and even fix a lot of what happened! I'm sure that with enough strength and effort you will do so as well!

Rooting for you Noi me boi, you are a very talented and valuable person, I have trust ^^

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Holy W.

And they also released a free sequel this month called Celeste 64, so if you liked the first, then...

I should note that it's on PC only iirc but it should run on cheap hardware.
I'm actually playing Celeste on PC so that's fine with me.

Yes I actually do play games on PC and not just Switch sometimes, crazy I know

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What if the supposed Partner Showcase this week was delayed to next week because they just decided to delay the Switch 2 to next year, a now they’re scrambling to edit together a normal direct so they have a few game announcements for 2024.

This has been conspiracy theories with Noipoi
Counterpoint:

Also someone said that they might have said 2025 because the scooper is Brazilian and the switch launched later there. Meaning that it could launch earlier in 2024 still everywhere else.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
New Project Voltage song, “Encounter” by Orangestar ft. Hatsune Miku:

This one sounds cool and very pretty. It’s about Lugia it seems, though I don’t know what the lyrics mean.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, thinking back to the cut argument last night, it does beg to question one thing.

Assuming Switch 2 is backwards compatible, why would someone jump ship from Ultimate to the next iteration. Assuming we're probably looking at a good amount of cuts, that's gonna be a question they'll have to figure out sooner than later. I feel like, in terms of content, the next game is going to be fighting a uphill battle if it has to live in Ultimate's shadow.

Feels like it's either one of three scenarios:

1# They pull a Splatoon and just do it anyway, throwing caution to the wind

2# They pull a MK8/New Leaf and give extremely late in its life DLC to Ultimate

3# There's actually no new Smash at all, which seems hella unlikely since we've had one for every major console generation since the N64

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They pull a MK8/New Leaf and give extremely late in its life DLC to Ultimate
The second paragraph in this Tweet translates to "Now that all the fighters have been made into amiibo, I guess my work on "Smash Bros. Ultimate" is finally coming to an end. Thank you for your hard work.". The only way I can find late DLC remotely possible now is if Sakurai insists on wanting to make a non-Smash passion project like KIU, but Nintendo doesn't want to wait too long for more Smash money.

Shroob

Sup?
The second paragraph in this Tweet translates to "Now that all the fighters have been made into amiibo, I guess my work on "Smash Bros. Ultimate" is finally coming to an end. Thank you for your hard work.". The only way I can find late DLC remotely possible now is if Sakurai insists on wanting to make a non-Smash passion project like KIU, but Nintendo doesn't want to wait too long for more Smash money.
I know what Sakurai said

But Smash will continue regardless of him. Even if he's not working on Smash, they'll get someone else, be it a new game or DLC.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly, thinking back to the cut argument last night, it does beg to question one thing.

Assuming Switch 2 is backwards compatible, why would someone jump ship from Ultimate to the next iteration. Assuming we're probably looking at a good amount of cuts, that's gonna be a question they'll have to figure out sooner than later. I feel like, in terms of content, the next game is going to be fighting a uphill battle if it has to live in Ultimate's shadow.

3# There's actually no new Smash at all, which seems hella unlikely since we've had one for every major console generation since the N64
Or maybe the game tries something different to set itself apart from Ultimate

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Ultimate DX that comes with everything.

Then they decide what to do from there. Like MK8DX.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I know what Sakurai said

But Smash will continue regardless of him. Even if he's not working on Smash, they'll get someone else, be it a new game or DLC.
I'm sure someone will act like "I guess my work on "Smash Bros. Ultimate" is finally coming to an end." doesn't necessarily mean Katsuhiro Harada's work is.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
What the ** is that and where the ** is it from?
1. It's not made clear WHAT it is, but it's some kind of alien species that feeds on radiation-fueled technology
2. It's from The Mighty Ducks: The Animated Series

It's only its juvenile form and its adult form isn't quite as fuzzy and smol, but I still love him

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I am just not quite sure this is news. Sakurai has stated this before in regards to Sora, many times.

If he is working on a new smash game, why the hell would he tease anything in a tweet?
Nah, it ain't news. Sora's it, everyone(Hopefully) knows that.

The big question is if the Switch 2 has backwards compatability, how do you get Ultimate fans to move away from Ultimate assuming the next iteration of Smash on the Switch 2 isn't just "Ultimate, but more".

While I don't think the cut-ocalypse is gonna be as intense as a lot of people do, Ultimate's model isn't sustainable for the future.

This, I feel like Sakurai and the team is probably well aware of, because, yeah that's gonna be hard to accomplish.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I appreciate Arzette's devotion to recreating the wonkiness of the CDI games. But part of what made those games so hilarious is that they wanted to make something good, they just screwed it up. Arzette's coming out the game trying to be goofy so the feeling isn't quite there.

Still, mad respect to everyone who worked on it.

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
I appreciate Arzette's devotion to recreating the wonkiness of the CDI games. But part of what made those games so hilarious is that they wanted to make something good, they just screwed it up. Arzette's coming out the game trying to be goofy so the feeling isn't quite there.

Still, mad respect to everyone who worked on it.
I just saw this quote about how they wanted the world to feel genuine, I really admire it.

20240216_195654.jpg

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Sometimes I just wanna talk about my ideas.

Sometimes I wanna talk about that idea I have for an RPG inspired by Earthbound and Super Mario RPG, based within the world of Disventure Camp and focusing on how five of Disventure Camp's characters set out on a journey around the Americas, where they battle vicious Cryptids, befriend creatures who join their quest, and awaken ancient legendary dragons who protected our world, all to stop the evil leader of the dimension paralleling ours, who plans to unleash his army onto humanity's Earth.

And sometimes I just wanna play Spyro the Dragon.

Top Bottom