• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
For charging the BDacus you can set L to attack. So when you press C-Up the 2nd time you just hold L.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I use L for jump, so if you're like me and can't set L to attack, you can hold Z(grab) when you C-Up the second time and it will accomplish the same thing.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
stage spike = hit into the stage and die

or something like that

Variable

Smash Ace
Question:

Do we have a Falco General Discussion? I haven't seen one lately, if so it's either not stickied somewhere, or inactive. Either way we should probably look into that somehow. It'd be nice to get more activity and conversations going like some of the other character forums.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
The Baker's Dozen thread is the closest thing we have to a Falco GD as far as I know.

And a stage spike is when you're generally off the stage and you hit the opponent into the stage (Like Falco using Bair on DK) and they hit the stage and ricochet off the stage and die as a result. However stage spikes are not guaranteed because the opponent always has the option of teching and recovering. Granted, its difficult to do so but many pros have practiced this.

And so to answer the previous question. I can't think of any scenario where you'd stage spike someone with Up-smash lol

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
The Baker's Dozen thread is the closest thing we have to a Falco GD as far as I know.

And a stage spike is when you're generally off the stage and you hit the opponent into the stage (Like Falco using Bair on DK) and they hit the stage and ricochet off the stage and die as a result. However stage spikes are not guaranteed because the opponent always has the option of teching and recovering. Granted, its difficult to do so but many pros have practiced this.

And so to answer the previous question. I can't think of any scenario where you'd stage spike someone with Up-smash lol
yeah it doesnt sound likley :ohwell:

Chuuu

Smash Rookie
To Teran, your an *******

and since my thread was locked here i go again. My question was this

Fast forward the vid till 2:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRyxwDndHBU

How did he slide that far? what was he doing to make him kind of wave dash to move?

And it was answered with this

***#4.8 Boost Pivot Grabbing:
This technique utilizes the same concept as the boost smash; however, rather than canceling the dash attack with an up smash, you cancel it with a pivot grab. A pivot grab is when you are running one direction and then smash the opposite direction on the analog stick as you grab.***

so can anyone give me an example with the button combo of how to do it? run Z + Back Smash and then just Down Throw? because that doesnt really work right I dont think.

Denzi

Smash Master
Don't insult the mods for doing their job, it's your fault for not following the rules of the board.

You just Dash -> Down on the c-stick -> back + Z.

It can be done after a down throw if you choose, and this is it's most common application as it turns the chaingrab back around.

Viperdev

Smash Apprentice
When people are grabbing the ledge and aren't invincible, that's a time to up smash stage spike if they di in to the stage.
I don't think you can hit their hand with an up smash.

If you want to spike them while they're hanging on the ledge not invincible you should just dair, but they'll probably never get hit by it anyway.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I don't think you can hit their hand with an up smash.

If you want to spike them while they're hanging on the ledge not invincible you should just dair, but they'll probably never get hit by it anyway.
Smashes tend to have a downwards hitbox, and hands can actually be a hitbox. The reason you don't see the downward hitbox often is because it's only used on stage. Think about how Falco's Fsmash can hit people on the ledge. (It can). Another example would be Marth's up smash which also has the ability to stage spike a ledge grabber.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Don't insult the mods for doing their job, it's your fault for not following the rules of the board.

It can be done after a down throw if you choose, and this is it's most common application as it turns the chaingrab back around.
I was told by pretty much everyone not to do this but I when I use the Boost Pivot Grab it still feels awkward when I use C-stick down so when I do it I hit the C-stick to the side still lol. I hit it to the left when I'm facing right and vice versa. Yet I've mastered it. <_<

That grab is a neat little trick. Very useful against Wario imo.

Also I had another question: What is our best stages against Olimar? The Olis are starting to take over in Michigan and there's only two of them. Just like there's only two Falcos. I want the Falcos to win lol

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I won't disagree with you but 90% of the time Japes will be banned because its common knowledge that Falco is broken on that stage and Olimar has no reason to really want to play anyone on Japes from what I can see. So when I go and CP and they inevitably say "Oh I ban Japes" ill need a backup plan.

I know FD is a great overall stage for us but Olimar does well on it too and he doesn't really have too much trouble avoiding Laser spam. And fighting Olimar straight up is really agitating until you get inside his range.

I was considering Frigate Orpheon because of the lack a ledge on one side of the stage but the slants on the stage can hinder camping effectiveness and the lack of a ledge can hurt Falco just as bad because of the fact he's forced to land on the stage with either Phantasm (eh..) Or Firebird (ew..). I just feel like the risks outweigh the rewards here.

What do you guys think about Delfino or Rainbow Cruise?

Any legitmate suggestion is welcomed.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
falco is unbelieveably broken on JJ, with the ledge grabbing etc, but it stiil aint fun imo

Chuuu

Smash Rookie

and none of these have to be at the same time? and are you saying back smash or hit back

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
You hit Dash and then down on the C-stick so that you would do a dash attack but by pressing Z + back on the control stick at the same time and immediately after (it should be done so fast it seems like you're just pressing all thatv **** at the same time) you end up canceling the dash attack animation but getting the momentum for the grab. If you understand how DACUS works you can understand this.

Denzi

Smash Master
and none of these have to be at the same time? and are you saying back smash or hit back
Back on the control stick. and the arrows mean "then" and the plus sign means "at the same time as".

I was told by pretty much everyone not to do this but I when I use the Boost Pivot Grab it still feels awkward when I use C-stick down so when I do it I hit the C-stick to the side still lol. I hit it to the left when I'm facing right and vice versa. Yet I've mastered it. <_<
I do the same thing actually. but it's better to use down on the cstick. by using down, you can immediately dash attack, but when you hit it to the side there's a small window where you can fsmash instead. Basically by using down you cut off a lot of otherwise necessary dash frames.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hmmm, I quite like the new prefixes that came with vB 3.8

Think this might help draw attention to this thread a bit more.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Back on the control stick. and the arrows mean "then" and the plus sign means "at the same time as".

I do the same thing actually. but it's better to use down on the cstick. by using down, you can immediately dash attack, but when you hit it to the side there's a small window where you can fsmash instead. Basically by using down you cut off a lot of otherwise necessary dash frames.
What? No one explained that to me before they just said use down on the C-stick. I've actually been practicing It but it still feels a weeee bit awkward. But thank you for telling me that.

@Bleachigo: Yes that's weird. But weird is cool. Style is cool also.

And I've been practicing this today but how many directions are on Firebird. Is it 16 or 32? Because when I "curve" it, it seems like there's diagonals in between the diagonals that are between directions like up and down. Like VERY subtle but I think I see them.

Anyone know? I'm trying to strengthen the weakest part of my Falco game and its the recovery <_<

Denzi

Smash Master
I boost pivot using only R and A.

Is that weird?
Not weird (that's how I learned it), but like I said before, if you don't c-stick down you have extra dash frames to sit through.

Hmmm, I quite like the new prefixes that came with vB 3.8

Think this might help draw attention to this thread a bit more.
I hope they end up helping, but I was liking all the "lol how I bdacus" threads. Brought back memories.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
lol am i the smash infant/noob? im only like 12 and seems like thats much younger than you guys...

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to figure out how to do Bdacus out of Dthrow. Would a good idea be trying to practice the timing on a buffered dash out of dthrow to try and master the timing for bdacus? I can do a buffered dash pretty consistently but nothing out of the dash. I've managed to do a buffered dash attack or buffered dash into upsmash on some rare occasions but thats it.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
And I've been practicing this today but how many directions are on Firebird. Is it 16 or 32? Because when I "curve" it, it seems like there's diagonals in between the diagonals that are between directions like up and down. Like VERY subtle but I think I see them.

Anyone know? I'm trying to strengthen the weakest part of my Falco game and its the recovery <_<
Can someone answer this <_<

Also I find it funny that a few months ago that I was doing nothing but asking questions now I can actually answer other peoples' questions. I feel like I'm making progress ^_^

Also Acton: I replied to your PM about your BDacus questions. I'm too lazy to type all that out again <_<

Denzi

Smash Master
Can someone answer this <_<

I don't think anyone can without taking a guess at it, we can't really know for sure.

And honestly, if you want to better your recovery, a difference that minute won't better a move that means death for you at least 50% of the time. You're much better off learning the Phantasm cancels and finding holes in your opponent's walls (or in the vs MK case, learning how to correctly eat a tornado).

Top Bottom