• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

swordsaint

Smash Master
You have one frame per cancel I believe. So there are 3 frames that cancel, each for different lengths. It just takes time, but eventually you can perfect them.

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
i've seen bloodcross do it on command in a falco ditto I had with him back at pound 4. Saw that and thought to myself, boost pivot grab for spacing and short phantasm on command? Im set baby

swordsaint

Smash Master
Honestly, short phantasm isn't the best. I'd definately say mid and long cancels are better, since it ***** for recovering. With a little time you can perfect them. I have the cancels down practically perfectly as well.

Oh, you're right ^^. I just never noticed the difference between mid and long one, lol.

@GameStation: Yes.
Really? the difference is pretty big. and mixing up those two on the stage is really good. If you hit the enemy with a mid cancel, you can bet you have an almost guaranteed follow up, just because of how little lag the mid cancel has and how quick it cancels after hitting them. perfect spacing for a bair or an uair.

IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT'S ME (LOL)
In a best of FIVE set, what stages should we counterpick and ban against Wario?
I know my neutral, and I have Yoshi's Island as a counter pick, the slopes screw up his chain grab, and he has trouble approaching through the platform. What else is there though?

My region has TWO stage lists, depending on the TO that runs it.

First stage list (also being the more common list, therefore more important for me)
STARTER (3)
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville

Counterpick (10)
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1

Second stage list, slightly less important.
DE Neutrals:
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counterpick:
Lylat Cruise
Delfino
Halberd
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pokémon Stadium 2
Pictochat

Kasper!

Smash Lord
is there like a thread saying what falco beats and with what move e.g. MK's tornado with lasers or even Wario's dair with uptilt?.

... or something along those lines

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
today I was playing with falco and I was doing his short hop double lasers. I decided to buffer a dash to another short hop laser and he slid before he did the short hopped laser. It was the distance of about half of the diamond on FD. Is this already known?

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
Yo, when you Bdacus, and it ranges from standing upsmash to a Dacus look alike Upsmash to a Bdacus upsmash, is it im doing a Dacus lookalike opposed to Bdacus because im (and here's the question) timing it early or late?

swordsaint

Smash Master
Ahem.

Brawl has a 10-frame buffer window and moves at 60 fps. This means you have 1/6th of a second before your animation finishes to input control stick to the side, let it return to neutral, then when it's returned (or while it's returning), C-Stick up twice.

Yes, you have to let the control stick return to neutral before the FIRST C-stick. The idea here is you want to input a dash attack, then an upsmash, during 1/6th of a second. If you hit control stick and c-stick at the same time, the game reads running upsmash. You have to input the first c-stick while the control stick is returning (or has already returned) to a neutral position. The second c-stick inputs the upsmash.

If you're trying to learn BDACUS, I recommend first analyzing the timing for the move you want to BDACUS after. For those of you still learning, I recommend Dthrow.

To start, try buffering a dash attack using these controls with Dthrow. Perform your Dthrow, then, roughly around when Falco shoots his very last laser downwards, input control stick to the side, return to neutral, c-stick up. If you UpSmash, you inputted the Dash too soon, or you didn't allow the control stick to return to neutral. If you sliding UpSmash, you inputted Attack too late. Once you can consistently do an instant Dash Attack out of Dthrow, move on to BDACUS. All you're doing is adding a C-stick up after the first two motions.

While practicing BDACUS, if you...

UpSmash - You are performing the Dash, and probably the first C-stick, too soon or too close together.

Sliding UpSmash, but not very far - You have the motions perfectly, but are not inputting them fast enough.

Dash Attack - You have the motions properly but are not inputting them NEARLY fast enough. Specifically, the second C-Stick is coming out too late to cancel the Dash Attack.

Laser - Something's wrong with you.

*vanishes again for another few months*
Everything you need.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
RAIN wants to know, for when he comes to the west, if falco has to really worried about being timed out. are there any stages where this becomes a concern?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
RAIN wants to know, for when he comes to the west, if falco has to really worried about being timed out. are there any stages where this becomes a concern?
Every stage. Ledges are cool. Smashville moving platform is cooler. M2k vs Meep.

Choice

Smash Champion
yea as long as mk has the lead, they wont hesitate to try to time you out. if there are edges, they will grab them. i guess the worst for this might be something like pokemon stadium 1 since many of the transformations allow MK to put himself into a position where he can't be approached safely. so its like he doesnt even need to resort to the edge and his edge grab count wont get that high.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
i am about to go to a tourney were jungle japes is going to be a legal counter pick stage i am wanting to know why and how i can exploit this stage as a falco main to gain an advantage. links to vids or previous threads that discuss this would be greatly appreciated as will a nice summary thanks

GALE 14

Smash Journeyman
How can i do a bdacus ???
i just saw it a combo vid ,,dayum,, but couldn't find another vid that sho me how
to do it xDDD

sry for my bad english ^^

swordsaint

Smash Master
The lower middle section is an amazing camp zone. A platform you can use as an umbrella and perfect heights for lasering people on the outer platforms. Not to mention you have good coverage of the middle area if they attempt to take over. To say the least it'll be hard for them. The invincibilty Falco has makes this even better, and it can also be used to take back centre stage.

I also have a question. Why are the Falco boards so dead? Is the backroom the same way?

chrisXcross

Smash Rookie
how can you get the full length out of dacus? when i try to do it, i either get a really short one or a medium one. i watched ozz use his dacus and he gets it full length, and it even shows no signs of charging up.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Buffer it out of shield drop.

Or just buffer it out of a spot dodge or another move's lag.

For the regular DACUS, set L or R(whatever you don't use) to attack. It allows you to cancel the dash attack faster than the grab button would ever allow you to.

I think we need a stickied "How to DACUS and BDACUS thread"

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
^ Yea that's a nice idea because that question got asked kinda often lately.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
with the ledge grab limit he won't have to worry too much. matches that do go to time don't happen that often.

the stage that would be most likely to go to time would be rainbow cruise. i'd suggest he practices on that stage a lot.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Well a few months back I asked about the ROB MU in here and it really helped me out a lot so I guess I'll give it a shot in here again with another MU I'm having trouble with.

The Marth MU.

I feel like my falco relies heavily on jab, and it seems like Marth just ***** falcos jab. I've heard its possible to chain grab marth but there must be some trick to it.

I was told to boost grab marth but I've tried to boost grab (without the pivot), and I can't seem to do it. Is there some sort of trick? It seems kind of weird that I can boost pivot grab but I can't just straight up boost grab. Does the chain grab on marth have to do with move decay? Like do I have to get the grab below 10% to do the chain grab?

I feel like marth players are really good at closing the distance when I'm trying to camp with lazers. When I try to escape and respace myself their fair just ***** me.

Which stages are good (MLG) to bring marth too? How do I approach the marth MU?

swordsaint

Smash Master
The chain grab on Marth does indeed need to start at a low percentage. PREFERABLY below 5%. It is quite dependent on staling the dthrow. It usually goes until about 30% + a down air. You need to buffer the dash grab.

Something DEHF himself has told me is that you need to use lasers a bit smarter and less in the Marth matchup. Only use SHDL when Marth's trying to approach you in the air. Marth get's past the lasers really easily compared to a lot of characters, but at the same time you shouldn't be approaching Marth. It's only once you get that first hit in, and you have momentum that you should try and keep it by pressuring Marth.

Make sure you recover smart too, and if you plan to use IAP on stage, because of Marth's speed, it's often better to just use the full length when you IAP.

I don't know what the MLG stages are so I can't help you with that. (I'm not a resident of the U.S to attend them. :(

Don't forget you can grab (and upsmash iirc) a shielded dancing blade on the 3rd hit.
Your ideal position in this match up is keep Marth off stage and above you in the air. These are Marth's weak spots, especially when you have a percentage lead.

Top Bottom