• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Vinyar

Type: Grass / Fighting
Ability: Technician
Base Stats: 95 / 80 / 95 / 80 / 95 / 75

Offensive movepool includes: Power Whip, Razor Leaf, Poison Jab, Mach Punch, Close Combat, Sky Uppercut, Vacuum Wave, Zen Headbutt, Thunderpunch, Earthquake, Quick Attack, Aura Sphere, Energy Ball, Earth Power

Support movepool includes: Bulk Up, Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Leech Seed, Toxic, Ingrain, Worry Seed, Synthesis, Curse

Bulk Up and Swords Dance sets would be utilized, and Calm Mind sets wouldn't be half-bad, with Aura Sphere being available alongside Energy Ball and Earth Power. I do feel as if the more popular / pleasing set would have to be -

Vinyar @ Life Orb
Technician / Adamant
248 HP / 252 Atk / 10 Spd
~ Swords Dance
~ Razor Leaf
~ Mach Punch
~ Earthquake / Return / Synthesis

-Terywj

Moozle

Smash Champion
I never realized how awesome grass-fighting typing is. Technician drain punch would be cool too :p

Edit: and I've always thought a great ability would be one that heals a boosted amount for draining moves. So like giga drain would heal back maybe 75% of the damage done, instead of 50%.

The pokemon i'm trying to draw right now also has a new ability that I like :)

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
last stand... interesting...

just curious: did the two of you not read my post including the suggestion for the ability "survivor?" or is this suggestion related to / elaboration on my own?

or am i wrong entirely in that I missed the original suggestion and copied IT by accident?
How much did I miss last weekend?

EDIT: now that my rage wondering is through... and ability that boosts the amount recovered by draining moves... an ability that makes gigadrain useful for something outside of the obligatory water-type gym? AWESOME!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
While I'm at it...

Kattarin
Type: Bug / Grass
Ability: Compoundeyes / Swarm
Base Stats: 130 / 60 / 75 / 80 / 75 / 75

Height: 5'2"
Weight: 164 lbs.

Kattarin is a giant katydid with pincer-like weapons in place of its forearms. The pupils of Kattarin are blank, giving it the look of being blind.

PokeDex 1 - KATTARIN are known to hide in dense forests, using camoflauge as cover to hunt their prey.
PokeDex 2 - Many people have stumbled across KATTARIN lying underside, soaking up the sun.

Offensive movepool includes - Bug Bite, Bug Buzz, Aerial Ace, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, Dig, Shadow Ball, Quick Attack

Support movepool includes - Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Taunt, Reflect, Light Screen, Barrier, Spider Web, Swords Dance, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Toxic, Sunny Day

A completely different approach to a Bug-type Pokemon. The sturdy base 130 HP stat is more than enough alone.

-Terywj

JOE!

Smash Hero
I think shield dust would be a cool ability for kattarin.
not gonna comment on the fact that all that pokemon is is a list of stats , typing, and moves?

I mean really?

I think we should have a new rule in place that requires at least some concept/description of a pokemon...not just stats and a movepool...

for all we know Karratin could be a giant foot with some fungus on it or something

(no offense terry, as even though i can enfer its some sort of beetle + carrot, due to the armor aspect and "karrat"...you really didnt give anything but some stats, name and a movepool)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
For all we know Karratin could be a giant foot with some fungus on it or something
You think I would come up with something like this? I try to contribute to keep the Pokemon ideas alive and I get these kinds of posts in response. Alright. Cool.

Terywj said:
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 164 lbs.

Kattarin is a giant katydid with pincer-like weapons in place of its forearms. The pupils of Kattarin are blank, giving it the look of being blind.

PokeDex 1 - KATTARIN are known to hide in dense forests, using camoflauge as cover to hunt their prey.
PokeDex 2 - Many people have stumbled across KATTARIN lying underside, soaking up the sun.
-Terywj

JOE!

Smash Hero
You think I would come up with something like this? I try to contribute to keep the Pokemon ideas alive and I get these kinds of posts in response. Alright. Cool.

-Terywj
there we go, i mean, why the hell post a pokemon if youre not gonna give us a description about it?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Some people are more interested in the aesthetic aspects of Pokemon-making (like me!), and others like the more technical aspects. If we could all put our talents together!

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
I just had an idea for a pokemon. This is all hypothetical, and I have no planning done past this point. so...

VITADDHA (any better ideas? PLEEZ!)
Type: Psychic
Ability: Vital Spirit / Purity (Powers down Dark and Ghost type attacks)
Base Stats: Below Average. what do you think the distribution should be?

Height: 3'9''
Weight: 96.2 lbs.

A headless figure (eyes and mouth on torso) with four legs and no arms. it hovers off the ground slightly with it's legs folded under it in meditation.

PokeDex 1 - A rare sight to see, VITADDHA are found only far from civilization.
PokeDex 2 - Though analysis of it's bone structure confirms VITADDHA has legs, no one has ever witnessed them in use.

Offensive movepool includes - ?

Support movepool includes - ?

Just the first stage of another pokemon. I suppose it MIGHT be used in LC... but then again, he's pretty terrible... until...

MORTADDHEM (or Corpsaddha if that pleases you)
Type: Psychic / Ghost
Ability: Insomnia / Purity (Powers down Dark and Ghost type attacks)
Base Stats: Even worse than before... wtf?
How to Evolve: end a battle with *old pokemon* pokemon fainted or allow to faint due to poison out of battle

Height: 2'7''
Weight: 00.0 lbs.

Shrinking in size, he otherwise keeps the same appearance. His legs and the bottom of his torso also change into a wispy, tapering tail and his overall color scheme becomes more blueish/grey in tone. His sprite is somewhat transparent.

PokeDex 1 - Some Religious fanatics claim MORTADDHEM is evidence of Life-after-death
PokeDex 2 - VITADDHA seems to take this form permanently after it faints, though some claim the pokemon can change back at will

Offensive movepool includes - ?

Support movepool includes -
Purify! This is the reason I thought of this pokemon. Effect: clears the field of any hazards, stat moves, weather (even permanent), trapping effects, status ailments, etc. it essentially resets the battle, except for accumulated damage and the pokemon active. It has high priority, so it takes effect at the beginning of the turn it is used.
and maybe:
Equalize: same as above, but ADDS all effect to both sides, evening the field. essentially Psych-up for all pokemon, including the opponent. It can copy SR, spikes, and status ailments (give everyone poison, for instance) just for example.

Maybe, the player can find a single-use item in game as well that makes this pokemon "devolve?" It could take effect when one revives the pokemon (pokecenter, item, healingwish, etc.) while he holds it. However, this allows VITADDHA to learn purify as well defeating the purpose of the loss of stats upon evolution.

What do you think? I still need some help with it... and some advice. I think I may have just overloaded one of the types... sorry.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I can help you out with the movepool, but that depends on how you intend the Pokemon to be.

Which does your description gear more towards?

-Terywj

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
I can help you out with the movepool, but that depends on how you intend the Pokemon to be.

Which does your description gear more towards?

-Terywj
The first evolution is entirely offense, but his stats don't complement him at all.
he should be more or less balanced stats, though.

the second evolution has worse BST and generally inferior stats and his movepool is mostly support moves. his signature moves would be learned at high level (60 or higher). however his offensive potential should be limited to moves he learned in his first stage. (if he has higher attack than special attack, he should only learn special moves)

Interestingly, his two movepools should only overlap slightly. I want his evolution to be more of an all-or-nothing decision. there's no turning back (except that item i mentioned)!

EDIT: if you hadn't realized, his evolution method is reminiscent of Buddhist (name lol) beliefs in Nirvana. By achieving nirvana through meditation, he becomes a divine being on Earth. But if his evolution method is too sketchy, i might think of another way to work the themes into the character. VITADDHA (Vitality Buddha) and MORTADDHEM (Buddha Mortem)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Now there's an interesting idea, Neherazade. I like the inspiration behind it! So basically, you have Vitaddha (I like the name, though maybe spelled as "Vitadda"), which is a below average Pokemon, that evolves when it faints. After it faints, it's stuck like that until you revive it while holding a special item. Is that right? *begins thinking of design*

Wrath`

Smash Master
I think the pseudo legendary Tyranitar/Grachomp/Dragonite/Salamance part of this Dex should be a Dark/Dragon type. I'll start coming up with an Idea to post soon

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
Now there's an interesting idea, Neherazade. I like the inspiration behind it! So basically, you have Vitaddha (I like the name, though maybe spelled as "Vitadda"), which is a below average Pokemon, that evolves when it faints. After it faints, it's stuck like that until you revive it while holding a special item. Is that right? *begins thinking of design*
that's basically the idea. the thing is: once it evolves, it's stats get worse (it loses it's physical form). however, it gains access to an entirely new moveset which, combined with it's old moveset, gives it incredible versatility. Then, with the item, it gains it's stats back, but keeps the moves it gained in "the afterlife."

maybe it can't evolve a second time after being reborn? but just to clarify: once it evolves, it does not remain fainted. it can still be healed and such wile retaining it's form. it only evolves back when holding the item.

also @Koarin: dark/dragon makes sense, and it's a type combo that I've (I assume we've) been waiting for for a long time... but how about something more creative? I'm not dissing on your idea, but there are many more obscure, unique combinations we wouldn't think of normally that might have even more potential. Take, for instance, rock/ghost or psychic/fire. these are bad examples... but I can already think of some ideas for them. Pyrotechnic, anyone? and how about the Bouldergeist?

Then again, remember gen III with salamence AND metagross? we could have two pseudo legendaries... *hint, hint, wink, wink*

Wrath`

Smash Master
@Neherazade, creativity to me is based on the pokemon I can create, not the typing. I could come up with the most creative Normal/Flaying and have it be new and fresh regardless of typing.

I think a fiercer intimidate would be a good ability. It's what I am going to use for the last stage of the Dark/Drag. It would lower attack two stages instead of one. Petrify sound like a good name

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
that's basically the idea. the thing is: once it evolves, it's stats get worse (it loses it's physical form). however, it gains access to an entirely new moveset which, combined with it's old moveset, gives it incredible versatility. Then, with the item, it gains it's stats back, but keeps the moves it gained in "the afterlife."
I was thinking, can this even be considered an evolution? The concept is cool, but it seems like it's really more of a form(e) change.

@Neherazade, creativity to me is based on the pokemon I can create, not the typing. I could come up with the most creative Normal/Flaying and have it be new and fresh regardless of typing.

I think a fiercer intimidate would be a good ability. It's what I am going to use for the last stage of the Dark/Drag. It would lower attack two stages instead of one. Petrify sound like a good name
That's the spirit of creativity! However, that ability is a bit much, even if it would be restricted to one Pokemon, I think.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Moozle

Smash Champion
I originally had this idea for SmashCAP2, but im never very confident in my ideas so I didn't write it up. Also, I'm horrible at thinking of names, so suggestions would be awesome.

Necrophyte(I want to name it this, but a necrophyte is an actual thing so idk if that would work. Pixiphyte seems a little more pokemon-like i guess lol)
Type: Ghost / Grass
Ability: Living Shield* / Power Drain**
Base Stats: 110 / 60 / 70 / 70 / 95/ 70

*Living Shield- This ability makes it so that reflect and light screen automatically stay up 7(maybe 8) turns instead of 5. Name suggestions appreciated as always.

**Power Drain- This is the ability that I mentioned before. Moves such as giga drain heal the users HP more than they already do. Maybe 25-30% more?

Height: 3'9"
Weight: 48 lbs.

Necrophyte is a pixie like creature that has a very small body. Its huge arms (I kind of imagine them like the white part of gardevoir) take in the energy of dieing plants from all around, and use the energy to create force fields. I've tried to draw it, but im not too good at concept drawing. The body would be like a smaller version of mime jr. + celebi...maybe :p

PokeDex 1 - Necrophyte are often found hiding inside fallen trees. Their force fields make them very hard to catch.
PokeDex 2 - Even though they may appear selfish, Necrophyte have been known to use their force fields to protect other pokemon.

Offensive movepool - Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, giga drain, psychic. Idk what else to add.

Support movepool - Reflect, Light Screen, Barrier,Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Toxic, moonlight, WOW, leech seed, pain split, ingrain, worry Seed

I know there are already a lot of grass pokemon, so I don't know if this pokemon will be of any use. I just wanted to try to help :) Sorry about not having good ideas for names!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So.... abilities that are the exact same things as items?

That's like saying "Free leftovers on all my gimmick sets!"

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well if you think about it, Living Shield is basically a limited version of Fidgit's Persistent.

And there's nothing wrong with the name. Some Pokemon are actually named after real words, like Electrode for example.

-Terywj

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
Well if you think about it, Living Shield is basically a limited version of Fidgit's Persistent.

And there's nothing wrong with the name. Some Pokemon are actually named after real words, like Electrode for example.

-Terywj
we've been over this: Fidgit is NOT a pokemon.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Warhawk
Hawk Pokemon

A large, majestic hawk with an even more impressive wingspan. It's main body is mainly white but has silver lining along the wings and the head and chest. It's tail is a dark silver with red trim.

Type: Fighting / Flying
Ability: Keen Eye / Guts
Base Stats: 118 / 98 / 95 / 57 / 94 / 124

Offensive Movepool includes - Dive Bomb*, Close Combat, Brave Bird, Facade, Aerial Ace, Extremespeed, U-Turn, Shadow Claw, Superpower, Swift, Air Cutter, Vacuum Wave, Heat Wave, Ominous WInd, Return

Dive Bomb - [Flying] - Physical - 95 Power / 80 Accuracy - [5 PP] - Ignores 1/2 resistances, has no effect on Flying-type Pokemon

Support Movepool includes - Roost, Bulk Up, Whirlwind, Roar, Tailwind, Toxic, Counter, Agility, Substitute, Wish
-----
Warhawk is supposed to be the ultimate bird Pokemon. Fighting / Flying means it doesn't get completely ***** by Stealth Rock, although weaknesses to Flying-, Psychic-, Electric-, and Ice-types aren't very appreciated. It's an overall bulky hitter, and with Roost / Bulk Up in its arsenal it can take some physical hits after setting up.

The name Warhawk is simply war+hawk. Some Pokemon have names which are real words - Electrode, Ditto, etc. so using Warhawk isn't so bad. Warhawk also fits the concept perfectly.

All-Out Attacker
Warhawk @ Toxic Orb / Life Orb
Adamant / Guts
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Brave Bird / Dive Bomb
~ Close Combat
~ Roost / U-Turn / Protect
~ Roost / U-Turn / Protect

Bulk Up
Warhawk @ Leftovers
Careful / Guts
252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Sp Def
~ Bulk Up
~ Dive Bomb
~ Roost
~ U-Turn

SubStall Defense
Warhawk @ Leftovers
Impish / Guts
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp Def
~ Toxic
~ Substitute
~ Roost
~ Dive Bomb / Aerial Ace / U-Turn

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Warhawk's a pretty cool Pokemon. It kind of seems like it overshadows both Staraptor and Swellow, except not weak to Stealth Rock (and minus Intimidate/STAB Facade). Dive Bomb's a pretty neat move; love the effect.

I feel like Warhawk could potentially have a more creative name. /minor nitpick

By the way, the Evolution CAP thread and this thread are pretty similar at this point.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Warhawk's a pretty cool Pokemon. It kind of seems like it overshadows both Staraptor and Swellow and Aut'thaer, except not weak to Stealth Rock (and minus Intimidate/STAB Facade). Dive Bomb's a pretty neat move; love the effect.
Important stuff in huge text and bold.

Dive Bomb seems a little broken; 100 BP physical STAB that ignores resistance coming off a Pokemon that fast?

@Leftovers, Bulk Up - Substitute - Dive Bomb - Superpower; ridiculous (Bulk Up and SP cancel each other out.

Top Bottom