• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
What about Wildfire?

Also, for Ice... Flashfreeze? (lol, more 'Flash.' Sorry, came up with it on short notice but I think it'd be fine :p)

JOE!

Smash Hero
You know...it's occured to me....

there is 1 type combo I have never seen brought up, makes for amazing thematic sense, epic coverage mechanics wise, and is just plain bad-***:

+

resists:

weak:

able to lay STAB whuppin on:

EVERYTHING

Dragon is only resited by Steel....yet fighting takes care of that (as well as Ice if it is speedy)

but seriously, why is there no like...chinese dragon/fighting pokemon yet?!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You know...it's occured to me....

there is 1 type combo I have never seen brought up, makes for amazing thematic sense, epic coverage mechanics wise, and is just plain bad-***:

+

resists:

weak:

able to lay STAB whuppin on:

EVERYTHING

Dragon is only resited by Steel....yet fighting takes care of that (as well as Ice if it is speedy)

but seriously, why is there no like...chinese dragon/fighting pokemon yet?!
That's an interesting point. You could give it Levitate to add another resist / immunity in Ground-types.

That's very interesting, JOE! Maybe that should be one of our uber legends.
We kinda already have way too many Legendary Pokemon. We have the Wyvern set and my warrior set, and JOE!'s bacteria Pokemon.

But I guess it's up to you.

-Terywj

JOE!

Smash Hero
I'd prefer it not to be legendary actually

...and it not to have levitate...that ability is the most overused thing....

..i think this could be our whored-out "lucario" XD

JOE!

Smash Hero
Heres an idea, seeing is we make him a ferocious fighter-type:

Fury:

Every time the defending pokemon is hit for damage (1/8th their HP min), they become more aggressive, and their ATTK/SpecATTK raises by 1 stage

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You mean the Pokemon with the ability Fury right? Since the defending Pokemon sounds like the Pokemon Fury-weilder is facing instead.

And I hope you mean only one of either Attack or Special Attack. Raising both would be quite imbalanced.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Which is why it's Flash Flare. xP If it's too similar I could try and come up with another.
I swear to god thats a Ninja Edit of some sort to make me look bad.

I swear it said Flash Fire at one point.

JOE!

Smash Hero
You mean the Pokemon with the ability Fury right? Since the defending Pokemon sounds like the Pokemon Fury-weilder is facing instead.

And I hope you mean only one of either Attack or Special Attack. Raising both would be quite imbalanced.

-Terywj
yes, the defending pokemon is the one getting hit...which is the one building fury

and the boost is related to the attack:

hit with a spec-> spec rises

hit with a attk -> attk rises

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
I swear to god thats a Ninja Edit of some sort to make me look bad.

I swear it said Flash Fire at one point.
Nahh, it was Flash Flare. I was aware Flash Fire is an ability. And I'm not out to make you look bad. xD
yes, the defending pokemon is the one getting hit...which is the one building fury

and the boost is related to the attack:

hit with a spec-> spec rises

hit with a attk -> attk rises
So pretty much like Rage, right?

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
We kinda already have way too many Legendary Pokemon. We have the Wyvern set and my warrior set, and JOE!'s bacteria Pokemon.

But I guess it's up to you.

-Terywj
But remember that we get more and more legends with every generation.
Gen 1: 5
Gen 2: 6
Gen 3: 10
Gen 4: 14

It wouldn't be unreasonable for us to have at least 14 legends of our own.

The only reason I suggested it be legend was because of the lack of resisted STAB, but since it's JOE's idea, he should get the final say on what we should do with it.

JOE!

Smash Hero
if it's not legendary, chances are its easier to take down (great/epic offense, meh defense)

@FAIL: yes, it's like rage only free

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Hey, remember our region?

Tohoko

It's been a while, but here's an updated map, including that brand-spanking new Prehistoric Zone idea that we through around previously. Since we seem to be in a Pokemon-inventing lull, I thought maybe it'd be a good time to start sorting our large pool of current Pokemon. We could, for example, determine the habitat(s) that Hedgeree, or Aquick, or Tamboo, or Thermite, or Fyunizzard live in. We could also start determining the Gym rosters. In case you forgot the types we associated with each city/town's Gym, here's a list:

Mace Town - Ground
Fennel City - Flying
Cilantro City - Poison
Mint Mountain - Ice
Caraway City - Dark
Cayenne City - Fire
Sage Town - Grass
Tarragon City - Dragon

For example, Tuskorch could appear in the Mace Town Gym Leader's roster, and Kelpent could appear in Tarragon City Gym's roster.

These are just ideas though; feel free to contribute your own thoughts. Speaking of ideas, throw some ideas out for improvements to the region. You know, landmarks or natural sites that you think would be cool to have (as you can see, there are some blank spots scattered about the map). Ideas pertaining to individual cities would be cool too. For example, I think it'd be cool to base Tarragon City (where the Dragon Gym is located) around this real-life location:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itsukushima_Shrine

I guess that's about it for now; in summary, what we're looking for is:

Pokemon locations
Gym rosters
Region refinements/ideas/improvements

and as always, new Pokemon ideas would be great. If we have any artists around, drawings/sprites for any of our Pokemon that currently lack faces would be awesome as well. There's a nearly complete listing of our current Pokemon (among other things) in the mega-post on page 62 of this thread. I know y'all are still full of ideas! Together, we can make the SWF-Dex something awesome! until Pokemon Black/White info starts coming out

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Just some observations on our region so far:

We need at least one town/city that doesn't hold a gym, or isn't the character's hometown, like all the other regions had

Kanto: Lavender Town
Johto: Cherrygrove City
Hoenn: Oldale Town, Slateport City*, Verdanturf Town*, Fallarbor Town*, Lilycove City*, Pacifidlog Town
Sinnoh: Sandgem Town**, Jubilife City, Floaroma Town, Solaceon Town, Celestic Town

*- These housed the contests
**- This housed Prof. Rowan's Lab

All these towns had something for us to do at some point, but since the main focus was the gyms or the evil organization(s), they were less important.
As for possible names for new cities/towns, I forget what we had come up with before, but it shouldn't be a problem.

We also need a home for the League (unless it is already there and I happened to miss it). Again, I don't remember what we came up with in the past, but I'm pretty sure there was something.

I think that's enough from me for now, but I'll continue thinking on it.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Yeah... perhaps I should start contributing more to this thread. I've started slacking. Though I do still love your attention to detail and passion for this, flyin. :)

First thing's first. My own Pokemon Hedgeree should be in the earlier routes, since it's one of the com-mons, as I designed it. I also think that it could appear regularly in places such as near Sage Town, though. It should be a fairly common little critter.

For Aquick/Aquemu/Aquastrech... I say they should be near water. They do sound like the Wingull and Pelipper of this generation. I don't really want them appearing while you're surfing, though. Ostriches can't fly and Wingull were annoying as hell. I'm interested by the idea of there being only one or two places for them to be, though. Perhaps a place like this, only on the mainland?

Tamboo and Samboo hit me as being only the kind you'll find high on top of a mountain, or maybe inside a forest, far from civilization. I don't know why, though it might have something to do with bamboo being pretty tough to find anywhere but. You can find a few rare Tamboo training close to Mint Mountain (though not inside it), would be my choice for an early encounter. Then, when you've advanced sufficiently, you can gain access to the central forest and find higher leveled Tamboo as well as some Samboo.

Admittedly, Thermite and Extermite I can imagine being in the Prehistoric Zone. Just imagine a termite mound in a dry wasteland with sheer cliffs of sandstone and dunes is what I'm getting at. The idea is that they're a rare commodity and generally difficult to catch. Now that I think about it, what do you think of the idea of having to use a specfic item on a mound in order to trigger a battle?

I have absolutely no idea where to put Fyunizzard. :laugh:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@SpiredMoth: You're right, I agree that we need an extra town or two. Come to think of it, it'd be a good filler for the space in-between Caraway City and Cayenne City. Maybe some portion of the game's plot good take place there. So...any ideas/concepts for this place? Earlier we decided that Caraway City is a small town at the foot of the mountains, which also has some sort of subterranean component to it, and Cayenne City would be the booming metropolitan resort of the region. Perhaps something needs to transition in between them.

Also, the League area isn't on the map yet, but I think an Allspice Island could suffice. I don't know where I'd put it yet, though. Thanks for your thoughts!

@RR: I appreciate your attention to detail as well; I think you've got a pretty good grasp of the region so far too! As for the Pokemon that I randomly picked out:

Hedgeree - So it'll be an early Pokemon, but I don't know if it'll be out of place in the somewhat arid early route between Pestle Town and Mace Town. It'd fit right in between Mace Town and Fennel City, though, and perhaps an early section of the Sage Forest.

Aquick - I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that there seems to be a lack of Water Pokemon of our own creation here. Dunno whether that's a good or bad thing yet. Aquick and family seem like good candidates for the Stratus Lake and rivers...hey, what about an island in the middle of the lake (to use your idea)? It could be like a little Aquick sanctuary. :D

Tamboo - I never thought about having Tamboo in the mountains, nice thought there. (I bet they have bamboo in the mountains in China, right?) I always associated it with the deep forest. I agree with your placement of it, though, earlier on around Mint Mountain and later on at higher levels in the forest.

Thermite - I agree with Thermite possibly being included in the Prehistoric Zone. I also like the idea of interactible mounds. Maybe placing food or something outside the mound will lure something out. I also had an idea that there could be an area around Pestle Town that is inaccessible early on (yay backtracking) that's essentially a large cave full of Thermite and Extermite (maybe the main colony) guarding some sort of rare item. It'd be a neat little side quest.

Fyunnizzard - I don't know where to put it either. :bee: Maybe somewhere around Caraway City (it has a darker connotation). It seems like a unique Pokemon.

Thanks for your thoughts!

How about these Pokemon next?

Galeark
Elkin
Sleeopard
Tarzier
Psysecto

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Doesn't it already?

Sparrowak @ Thick Club
Rock Head / Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Earthquake
~ Brave Bird
~ Fire Punch
~ Double Edge

Sparrowak @ Thick Club
Rock Head / Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Brave Bird
~ Fire Punch / Double-Edge / Stone Edge

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Roost, Agility, and Brave Bird are great additions to his movepool.

And Bronzong / Skarmory still laugh at sets without Fire Punch.

Gyarados doesn't mind switching in and Intimidating for a bit either.

-Terywj

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord

Malda
Typing: Normal / Dark
Ability: Magic Guard / Tangled Feet
Base Stats: 80 / 80 / 80 / 80 / 80 / 80

New movepool additions include - Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, Shadow Sneak, Crunch, Taunt, Quick Attack, Bulk Up

-Terywj
Something's wrong with that link.

It's exactly like Glalie, but doubly weak to fighting! YAY!

Top Bottom