• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
or you could ask me. Eternal Yoshi, i'll assume you know a bit about hexing. first, you go to the bone offset you want to change, and the bone index number is 16 bytes from the beginning of the bone, you should be able to recognize it by the number of the bone, like the 2nd bone would be 00000001, the 11th bone would be 0000000A. second, change the bone index to whatever you want, as long as it's within how many bones the model has, and that's the basics of bone hexing. i've also found that some bones can actually share index numbers, which i found out after i gave you back the Gray Fox model. what you should do with Gray Fox is hex is ThrowN back to what it originally was, and then hex his BodyM to be the same as the TransN, and that should ensure that the model is always shown. oh, and i'm pretty sure you can't hex models that have added bones, but i haven't been able to confirm this yet, so you may need to get a fresh Gray Fox model, hex it, then add the bones in and put the new model in.

and there is a program that can do it, FortWaffes made it, it's called 'bone mods', the thread for it is in the Workshop General, the thread name is 'lets tinker with the bone structure' or something like that, and someone bumped it so it's on the first page. it can re-organize entire bone structures, but i haven't been able to get it to work right, it's a bit confusing.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I have the page that shows all the threads made by Fortwaffles bookmarked, just incase I need to add a bone or change an index.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I don't have issues with visibility.
In PSA, I found 0B010200 in nearly every subaction of MK.
GF is not visible during the subaction when the second parameter is set at 2.
So I set them to 0 like his standing animations to make him visible.

Here's pics of the problems I'm having.

Footstooled.

I changed the bone index of ThrowN to match MKs and I still have these problems.

I'm also contemplating what to do with the B moves and FS. Thanks to their lack of articles, they don't freeze and currently work like MKs.
I got an idea for an FS but I'm plan on doing his UPB move first.

maltes

Smash Cadet
Resident evil Project: Claire Redfield

Hi, well I was thinking and luckly we have almost all the Resident evil character in Darkside and Umbrella Chronicles and I think that they are enoght fo changing all the characters... well I decided to begin with Claire Redfiel but I'm kinda new in this thing of model swaping.

Well I managed to import the model but It looks like this

how can I chage that "metalic" look, in brawl box I can see that there a texture that covers everything but when I hide it I looks normal.

that's one of my problems, the second one is with animations... I can make it run, but it doesn't move....
anyway the second thing I'll have to read and find it out, but can someone help me with the first one?

also... If someone want to join me with this project, that'd be great, be can chage voices, background, almost everything..

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
What Character is she over?
Does she have a TransN bone?

Forgive my slow speed.

Gray Fox's Up B animation is done and it's parameters are almost complete.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Try deleting that texture. Also, you need a TransN bone with the same index as the character she's replacing.

maltes

Smash Cadet
mmm, ok first she is remplacing Squartle... but.. how do I know if she has a TransN bone?

maltes

Smash Cadet
Lol, I know but... there is no one with that name but maybe it's is with antoher name, I meant how could I know what is it?

Fen__

Smash Ace
You're going to need to do a little more research on the overall process of making a character before you attempt to continue. I'm sorry, but with the level of knowledge you have right now, this project is doomed to fail.

maltes

Smash Cadet
ok, the last question and I wont bother you anymore... I've found the TransN bone, now it moves, I have moved some bones in some moves (walk, wait, run, etc), when I play it in BrawlBox it works, but when I use it in game it doesn't, do I have to chage something or can I move the bones keeping its own name? thanks a lot for everything

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You're using Squirtle as a base right??
If so, the TransN bone must have an index of 2.
That is where the gun is.
Based on the JPG, The model will only move properly if you move the gun bone as you would move TransN.
If you don't want this, you have to put her over someone else.

So this is an import....
What bone is usually used in that game to move the character??

maltes

Smash Cadet
thanks for answering, I have been doing things and I'm getting by =D

EDIT: ok, this is what I've get, I have done some animations but it's too hard and long with brawlbox, is it only possible to make them writing the angle and the possition? isn't there another way like moving it with the mouse? (remember that I have to do them since 0%) also, as you can see I have got a really bright texure, but I don't know what to do, thanks a lot.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Has the person doing hammer bros done anything?

...cuz i just made ALL the basic animations, run walk jump ect. I have no attacks yet though. If whoever is working on him has done some stuff... could i see =D

(i have had a weekend off so i thought i'd start up a project that I want finished, I will NOT be making quilava i have no desire too and it wouldn't be fun =[ I quit bowser jr. until we find a model that can open his mouth, its not bowser jr. if he cant scream ;-; and I WILL continue Klonoa and Metroid. )

Fen__

Smash Ace
Has the person doing hammer bros done anything?

...cuz i just made ALL the basic animations, run walk jump ect. I have no attacks yet though. If whoever is working on him has done some stuff... could i see =D

(i have had a weekend off so i thought i'd start up a project that I want finished, I will NOT be making quilava i have no desire too and it wouldn't be fun =[ I quit bowser jr. until we find a model that can open his mouth, its not bowser jr. if he cant scream ;-; and I WILL continue Klonoa and Metroid. )
Aw. I kind of feel the same way about Bowser Jr., but at the same time, we don't know when (if ever) we will get a model that can be animated more fully. Wouldn't you rather have something that's pretty good than nothing?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Nope no twilight models can be imported =(

There are some Legend of Zelda models in WarioWare Smooth moves though. I'm not sure what ones are in there but you can take a look.

123kiro456

Smash Rookie
Kiromara

Melee:

A:slap punch
A,A:slap Punch right twice
A'A'A:slap punch right then left then a powerful pauwnch!!!!!

F Smash:Twister Smash Pauwnch!!!!!!!
U Smash: Air Punch Kinda like the little mac animation
D Smash: Same

U Tilt: Beggining Of Great Eather (No Fire For Now)
F Tilt: Same
D Tilt: Same

---------------------------------------------------------

B: FiStyle:pheonix Buster
>B: Spin Punch
vB:Reverse Punch
^B: Throwing Sword/gun in the as air then it charges down soon after kiromara get stunned.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Final Smash: Ike/Kiromara Would Either Transform To Ridley(Help Needed on that),
or he'd kinda have a arwing attack/persuit(help

-----------------------------------------------------------
Stances:No Symphothy,Liquid Snake.

Texture:FitIke00.pac http://www.mediafire.com/?zjotg0zytmq

PSA:FitIke.pac http://www.mediafire.com/?mlcjifzxg2z#2

Animations:FitIkeMotionEct.pac http://www.mediafire.com/?mgnjwft11az

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Oh? Is there a list. I've honestly just always took people's word for it.
Nope no list, But wheelie had a bone that rotated his wheel and the motroid gunship's thrusters all move independently.

I doubt there are any trophies with full rigging that can be used.

Edit: the only ones that might have proper rigging is the kirby ones because i heard they were the models intended to be used for the gamecube kirby game. I'll go check.

Edit2: I checked bugzy, bonkers, bladeknight... none of them have any bones that move anything besides the whole model...

side note, BlackKnight from Fire emblem has a whole whack of bones. 34 to be exact. Don't get too excited though, they all all move separate parts of his body, but nothing is attached to his body..... like his leg would detach from his body if it was rotated. But this just proves that trophies DO have more than one bone. I'm curious to see if there are any usable ones...... I think i'll check them all.

EDIT4: Okay i looked through about 60% of the trophies and nothing looks like it can be used. I found some that looked rigged to be in brawl but they aren't

example:

but when you move the bones nothing actually moves. So yeah what everyone has been saying is true, Trophies are not T-posed so they cant be used in brawl. The wheelie only works i guess because its a wheel and its round so it dosnt look like its detached when it moves. but omg if there was a sukapon trophy it would work great!

Also I had to lol when i saw this trophy

I don't think it was in brawl, i had to google where it came from. Apparently hes a boss in donkey kong jungle beat. Never played the game :x

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

Hammer Bro

-Moveset-

-AAA- Punches once with left towards the ground, comes
back up with a kick from right leg, continues into
a hit with his hammer.

-FTilt- Forcefully smashes hammer with one hand over
his head getting his hammer stuck into the ground for a
half a second, can be followed up with another FTilt by
pulling the hammer out of the ground and slashing you
with the back of his hammer.

-UTilt- Thrusts his head upwards hitting you with his
helmet.

-DTilt- Hides in his shell and attacks fowards.

-FSmash- Smashes outwards with the top of his hammer,
provides a ton of knockback

-USmash- Throws a hammer dirrectly upwards

-DSmash- Spins arround with his hammers dragging on the
ground.

-NAir- Spins in a circle once while hanging on to his
hammer with both hands, not a summersault

-FAir- does a quick sweep in front of him with his hammer, fast enough for two in one short hop.

-BAir- Hits with the back of his hammer

-DAir- Throws his hammer towards the
ground (like G&W), can meteor smash (like Toon Link)

-Dash Attack- Slides on the back of his shell with both legs out in
front of him.

-FThrow- Jumps and smashes with both legs.

-BThrow- Throws backwards by lifting over his head and
falling on his shell, then doing a backwards summersault
to recover.

-UThrow- Throws upwards and launches a hammer.

-DThrow- Throws downs wards, jumps on them in his shell
and spins 3 times.

-Noramal B-

-Side B- Jump Slash: somewhat like peaches side-b, He
takes his hammer swings it behind his back
for a startup and then launches it foward while still
hanging on. He is holding them backwards so the sharp
sides will hit the opponent. it does have a ledge sweet
spot and can be followed up with an up-b.

-Up B- hammer Rain: He trows his hammer directly downwards and jumps with great hight

-Down B- Ground Smash: His hammer sudenly grows to 4x the size
and smashes it into the ground, it does make a
shock wave but the closer the opponent is to the hammer
the more damage will be caused.

I'm still debating weather or not I should make him a Hammer/Boomerang/Fire/Ice bro..... Like each special would change him into a different bro.

Completed Animations (not PSA)

Wait1
WaitItem
WalkBrake
WalkFast
WalkMiddle
WalkSlow
Dash
Run
Runbrake
Turn
TurnRun
TurnRunBrake
JumpArialB
JumpArialF
JumpB
JumpF
JumpSquat
DamagFall
Fall
FallArial
FallArialB
FallArialF
FallB
FallF
FallSpecial
FallSpecialB
FallSpecialF
LandingHeavy
LandingLight
Squat
SquatRv
SquatWait
SquatWaitItem
StepAirPose
StepBack
StepFall
StepJump
StepPose
Guard
GuardOff
GuardOn
GuardDamage
CliffCatch
CliffWait

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Wow such progress!
how long did this take and whose he going over?

Edit: AND GUESS WHO JUST BECOME THE NEW HEAD OF THE FULLY NEW CHARACTER ARCHIVE!?
Here's a hint: his name begins with a b and ends with a 5

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Ive been working on him for 2 days =D

and don't hate me when i say this but....... captain falcon o.o

I'll be sure to work on this guy next weekend as well and get some attacks done.

Glitches i currently have, He cant Throw anyone or even grab them .... but he can be grabbed and thrown.

Please do not try and pick up an item with him o.e and his shield is tiny =P

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm a quick worker with the right motivation and music.

Well I Haven't made him throw the hammer yet. Those are all just planned moves, but i'll just make it so the hammer always comes back like a boomerang =P

Also Congrats... I wish he had picked me though. Idk why he didn't like me ;-;

Edit: I agree 100% that WILL be his Victory theme

Edit2: I will even make one of his victory poses the MC hammer shuffle.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Everyone, I think I might be in a bit over my head here.

I'm not good enough to do this alone. I've tried to make animations. They just wind up taking hours upon hours and still being terrible.

I need help with this. I need a team.

Right now, we're hardly a team. Everyone just sends in the odd animation they feel like doing. It's lack of organization and coordination that is stalling this project. I'm not blaming anyone, you've all done infinitely more for this project than I have. This is all on me. I call myself a leader, but I've hardly done any leading to warrant that title.

I know this sounds whiny and angsty, but really, it's more of a confession. I can't do this alone. I can't animate for crap, and I don't even know if I can use PSA well enough to make a full character. What I can do, and what I should have been doing a long time ago, is lead. I think I've got a good idea of what direction this project should go in, I'm just plain not good enough to do it. So, if you can animate, if you can PSA, if you can be of any help at all, let me know. I'll try to get my act together and get this project a lot more organized.

I want to see this finished. I want to play as Mega Man. He should have been in Smash Bros from the beginning. I'll see this project done even if it means I need to step aside and let someone else take over.
I'm crossposting this because I feel like it's a project that deserves more attention than it's getting, but am not sure why it isn't getting it. My impression has been for a long time that people on these boards really like the character, so I figure I'd help in giving him one last shot to get the attention to be finished. The thread can be found here if you're interested. The full moveset has been decided on for a long while and it's past most of the startup problems. As you can see, the real problem lies in a lack of animators (although PSA will probably require some assistance too). If you want to see the blue bomber (or just a character with a really unique moveset, even) in Brawl, then this seems like a noble pursuit to me. Digiholic really seems to have a good idea of direction for this project, but it just seems like he's been unable to find the time of skilled animators.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Obviously, I gave the thread to b2j135. He sounds like a good choice, and he was the only one who PM'd me. (You don't count, StarWaffle.) By the way, when I said the thing about good grammar, I didn't mean to sound like some stuck up snob or anything like that, I meant that I would like to be able to read and understand the OP if I ever come back and look at it, which I can't do easily in some other threads.

So, this will probably be the last time you hear from me, unless someone PMs me, so goodbye everyone.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Obviously, I gave the thread to b2j135. He sounds like a good choice, and he was the only one who PM'd me. (You don't count, StarWaffle.) By the way, when I said the thing about good grammar, I didn't mean to sound like some stuck up snob or anything like that, I meant that I would like to be able to read and understand the OP if I ever come back and look at it, which I can't do easily in some other threads.

So, this will probably be the last time you hear from me, unless someone PMs me, so goodbye everyone.
Later. Good luck with...whatever it is you're moving on to do.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

why do you hate me ;-;

Top Bottom