• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Barhouse Sleepover: "Hey Town, drinks are on me!"

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
...What in the world would my education have anything to do with this game?

Ronike

Smash Ace
@Tom: like I've said time after time, I agreed with the lynch but the way you went for it just felt off.

And "no one" wantsname claims? Funny the only people that seem really against it are you and Virg, most of the other people said just not yet. Funny, huh?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
What is off about the way I went for the lynch?

Frozenflame blames me for putting Riddle at L-1 and giving himself the chance to hammer. Why doesn't he blame Nix for that? Nix put him at L-1 initially and then I removed my vote because I wasn't ready for a lynch. After about a day or so, when I got tired of it, I put my vote back on, and now I'm to blame.

I'm kind of tired of hearing, "I agree with you but I disagree with the way you did it."

In my opinion, since we are lynching scum, we can put off a mass-name-claim for an extra day. Have you forgotten about the wrenches that game moderators throw into games to make mass name-claiming disadvantageous?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I really feel like Steel and Junglefever's activity levels are absolutely unforgivable.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
And "no one" wantsname claims? Funny the only people that seem really against it are you and Virg, most of the other people said just not yet. Funny, huh?
I was under the impression that 4 people were against it, 4 people said later, 1 person is Ronike, and 1 person is Riddle...

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Do you seriously not understand my intentions in #560?
I do, I would just be suprised if the SK would actually do it -_- Gotta give them a bit more credit then that I would hope.

Frozenflame blames me for putting Riddle at L-1 and giving himself the chance to hammer. Why doesn't he blame Nix for that? Nix put him at L-1 initially and then I removed my vote because I wasn't ready for a lynch. After about a day or so, when I got tired of it, I put my vote back on, and now I'm to blame.
Yea...was going to mention this but you beat me to it...for all intents and purposes =P I am to blame for that lynch since it was my vote that put Riddle at L-1, regardless of the fact that Tom took his vote off and then back on.

I really feel like Steel and Junglefever's activity levels are absolutely unforgivable.
yep yep! Atleast I am here.....even if I don't have the greatest posting level...

I was under the impression that 4 people were against it, 4 people said later, 1 person is Ronike, and 1 person is Riddle...
And for the record since I don't think i gave my input....Im up for waiting another day, see what happens tonight with who is killed and what their names are before making any decisions.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gheb: Sorry, I missed that post. Really I don't have a solid enough opinion on any of the other 3 you mentioned for me to detail how I feel about them. Not to be said I don't have any reads on them at all, just nothing I'm confident enough in to put it out there like I am. I will say that Jungle needs to start putting his opinion out there, because he's really reminding me of DBZ right now.

@nameclaim idea: I believe I've already said this, but I'm not a big fan of a nameclaim. If we do do it, we should hold it till at least Day 4, later if more scum die. Really I'd be fine with never doing one, but if town majority decides to do so we should at least wait until a later day.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
If Riddle flips town, Tom, Summoner, and Steel all need to be looked at closely.

I was going over people on the Chibo wagon again and mentos has also been coasting today with is a bit unsettling.

Steel do you still think Virg is scum and why? Why was your vote still on him at the end of the day D1?

@ Tom: Summoner, Steel, and Mentos; Town or scum for each of them please.
Because I had no reason to remove it. I feel better about him today because he's actually playing and his contributions are more worthwhile now that he isn't so limited and being more concrete with things. Plus the whole misreading name claim as role claim thing with tom felt town to me.

I'd like to know what Steel, Mentos, Jungle and Nix think of each other more than Tom's opinion on them tbh.

:058:
I'm uncomfortable with mentos because some of his posts just don't sound genuine to me and posts like 493 make me ask why he even made them, because that one feels as if he's trying to nudge the very unlikely possibility that summoner is using OS's jann'd role. Nix is definitely town for me. Jungle I can't bring myself to trust because he plays the same when he's scum and I have no input to work with.

Tom said:
Do you have no problems with Mentos? Plus I haven't even been prodded in this game. Game caught me at a busy time with graduation/family matters/parties etc. I've very rarely even been at a computer the last few days.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Reading FF's post I remembered, Tom brought up a very good point that if OS was cop, it's a very gambity play for scum to claim like that. Especially when they could save it till endgame when it's more useful. I doubt it's the situation because it's just an extremely risky, and pretty weak play for scum.
My 493: Really Steel? I'm trying to nudge that he's using the janned role? Looks to me like I'm flat out saying that it's a really stupid gambit, especially because a janned cop is better served being saved till endgame. Care to explain to me how I am trying to nudge that he IS using the janned role? Because this post is pretty solidly saying the opposite of that saying it's a terrible play, and that I doubt it's the case.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm uncomfortable with mentos because some of his posts just don't sound genuine to me and posts like 493 make me ask why he even made them, because that one feels as if he's trying to nudge the very unlikely possibility that summoner is using OS's jann'd role. Nix is definitely town for me. Jungle I can't bring myself to trust because he plays the same when he's scum and I have no input to work with.

Do you have no problems with Mentos? Plus I haven't even been prodded in this game. Game caught me at a busy time with graduation/family matters/parties etc. I've very rarely even been at a computer the last few days.
@Steel: You think that Virg's slip seems pro-town? Really? I kind of got uncomfortable with him after he did that. Not only did I not ask him to name claim, but he fully role claimed and then said "whoops I read name claim as role claim" when I didn't ask for it! It seems off to me.

@Steel: Mentos already explained why this is a bad post... but, I will continue. No, I don't have a problem with Mentos. He started out posting less than most people, but he is more consistently provided good posts lately. He is a lot more reliable compared to Steel, Junglefever, Nix. I know that you are defending your activity by saying that you have not been prodded, but you also just admitted that you haven't even been at a computer, and I feel as though (and know I'm not the only one) that your input has been lacking on Day 2.

@Nix, I'm sorry if I pigeonhole you into the category with the more inactive players. After looking back on most of the game from your perspective, you are consistently active, I just have a hard time extracting what you really think out of your posts. A lot of times they seem to just state something but I can't tell why you are stating it, or what your reasoning is. Do you know what I mean? I don't mean to criticize you personally when I say you are not contributing as much, I just want you to try to provide me with something to work with more. I also apologize for the "What grade are you in?" comment; I was just trying to make a point that I thought it was anti-town for you to undermine what I was saying to the possible vig / probable SK, but since you were one of the people I considered vig-fodder, I can see why you would be anxious to dismiss that as wrong.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Can I count the people who agree with what I have done but have a problem with how I am doing it? Ronike, Frozenflame... anyone else?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I'm fine with you at the moment.

Okay, my thoughts on peeps:

Tom - Like everything I've seen from him (though he thinks I'm not town :crying:)
Gheb - No red flags for him so far
Steel - I'd be fine seeing him lynched; felt he dodged this day and just let Riddle take the lynch.
FF - Town only because I can't imagine mafia being as vocal and paranoid over the things he claimed Tom did.
Nix - Waivering on him.
Ronike - Don't like his insistence on a name claim. Sometimes I get a great notion he's looking for a specific character for his own dastardly purposes, hence him bringing them up so often. Otherwise, not confident in him.
Jung - Has done almost nothing of note. Skated by today though I know he was online (and active over AIM) the past few days. Don't like it and would be okay with his lynch barring any revelations overnight.
mentosman - Don't know. Need to look back at him more.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
[collapse=Day 2 End]The partying continued and everyone enjoyed their time together. However there are always a few bad eggs there to ruin the fun for everyone else.

"What do you mean my tabs full?!"

"You heard me. Your cards been declined; consider your tab full."

"This is unbelievable! I demand to hear an explanation."

"Dollface, I know you're drunk and all, but if you can't understand what your credit card being declined means, then you're dumber than you look."

"Hah, I know what you mean. I'm leader of a bandit gang, you'll get your money. Now give me another drink."

"Your promises are as good as your card."

"Give me another drink or I'll just be taking one."

"Gal, if you're going to be causing a ruckus over this, you can expect to be leaving soon."

Jill got up and stared Jessie in the face, attempting to hide her intimidation when Jessie gave her a death glare in return. Regardless, Jill pulled out a pocket knife and took a swing at Jessie. However she soon found her arm immobile as Jessie grabbed the sharp end of the dagger in one hand and Jill's arm in the other.

"With moves like that I don't know how you even managed to get here in the first place!"

Jessie managed to get the knife from Jill without a scratch and Jill backed up, ready to make a run for the exit.

"Go ahead, be my guest."

And with that Jill took off running, when she got her hand on the knob, the pocket knife flew by, landing right on the spot of the door next to the handle. The knife distracted Jill from the bigger threat, as Arbok caught her from behind, and soon enough she was dead.

"Ahahah, what a fun night! Syrupy baby, I'm going to turn in for the night. I'll open the shop for you tomorrow as a favour!"

"Eh, fine by me, I was getting bored."

And with that, Jessie exited and Captain Syrup retook charge of the bar.

-------------

"Aww, I got lynched." Riddle sighed.

"That's alright Riddle!" Rockin said in response. "Let's go get some drinks!"

"Um, isn't Riddle barely a teenager, he can't drink." Xiivi replied.

"It's alright, I got a special non-alcoholic drink for him!" Rockin replied.

Xiivi left the room to talk to some others and around 10 minutes later he returned to find Riddle passed out on the couch with his drink cup on the floor. Rockin came from the other side of the room, feigning surprise.

"Oh, looks like Riddle's fallen asleep! Oh well, I'll just take him to my room!" Rockin said cheerfully with a malicious smile.

"..." Xiivi didn't have a response.

Xiivi went back to the others.

"Um, yeah guys. I'm going to head out now." Xiivi said before quickly leaving the party abruptly.

Wow, Rockin is like 23 and Riddle is barely a teenager. Sick. I feel sorry for the rest of them.[/collapse]

Riddle, Jill, Mafia Janitor has been murdered!

Deadline has been set for June 10, 2010 11:59PM EST.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
“Okay, I’m taking back the role of Day mod here.” Rockin said in a frustrated groan. “Should’ve never let you handle that.” Everyday is a lesson, and this one lesson he’s sure to learn.

Xiivi frowned. “Why not?” He wasn’t sure what he did wrong. The flavor was funny and similar to how Rockin did it, so he was at a lost.

Rockin glared “Thanks to you, Evil Eye and probably everyone else thinks I’m a pedophile and molested Riddle!”

-------------not the exact convo, but as close to accurate as possible--------

Frozenfarce: so uh
Frozenfarce: I didn’t think you’d be so low as to molest Riddle
Frozenfarce: I mean he’s barely a teenager
RockinTH: But I didn’t D:
Frozenfarce: Shaaaame…
Frozenfarce: I mean I knew you were gay, but still…
RockinTH: DX

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So uh…yeah, sorry.” And with that, Xiivi was pushed off the computer chair by Rockin, who quickly began typing on the Day 3 flavor. If he was lucky, maybe people would forget about the whole thing.

…HA! He has a better chance beating up a bear.

-----------------------------------------------------

“Damn,” Captain Syrup watches Jessie walk up the stairs to a vacant room for her to rest. “***** is more tough then I thought. Guess I gave her too little credit.” The woman drank herself another cup of liquor for herself. To her, there were little limits in terms of intoxication by alcholhol. After all, she has high amount of stamina for the game of liquor.

It was then that one of the women was pulling out a body from the bathroom area. “Hey Syrup! I got dead body over here!”

Syrup merely shrugged. “So? What else is new?” The woman resumed drinking.

“It’s a kid!”

It was then that she spit out the alchohol that was within her mouth and turns her head to the other woman. “What!?” Not wasting a second, she got up from her table and ran to the source. It was then that she facepalmed herself. This wasn’t no ordinary kid. This was Wendy Koopa, one of Bowser’s children.

Wendy Koopa (Virg), Vanilla Townie , has been killed

“Oh maaaaaaaan…” The captain got a bit worried, and it’s not often she gets worried. If her father was to find out she was dead and at her own bar, there’s no guarantee she’ll live under his grasp. Wario was easier to manipulate, but a pissed off koopa with his own army wasn’t. Her eyes glared at the woman. “Who the fuck did this!?”

The woman waved her arms worriedly. “It wasn’t me!” She quickly said. “I JUST found her!”

The woman groaned. Captain Syrup’s gonna find the person responsible even if it kills her. And trust me, she’ll be the one doing the killing…

Day 3 begins!

With 9 players, it takes 5 to lynch

also, I'm taking back role of Day mod. :D

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
nooo virgy nooo D:

only one death :D

and im still alive :D

whats new summoner??

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, one death makes me think I know why Riddle didn't use the janned claim: They janned the SK. I think mafia gave us a HUGE helping hand n1, thank them very muchXD

Regardless, like Tom said, what ya got Summoner?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
maybe they janned the SK! i didnt think about that. it would fit!

or maybe the SK tried to kill one of the people i told him to kill and the doctor protected one of the people i told the SK to kill and it cancelled out

or maybe a (yeah right) vig decided not to shoot cuz he missed night 1 and sucks big donkey kong

we wont know for sure until we get more information

sup summoner??

ib4ronikewantsnameclaimsandisayno

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
if i remember correctly, Junglefever was HELLA INACTIVE DAY 2

and he just posted in pikmin mafia so he should probably have time to post here....

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote Steel

Anybody down for lynching him and call it a day? Weak attempts to incriminate mentos and buddy virg screams red flags to me.

:059:

Ronike

Smash Ace
Name claims. Now. Goo guys = mafia. And I have another reason which in not dosclosig

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Don't rule out the SK yet....there are still other possibilities such as Doc, BP, Roleblocked...etc, etc. Cause I do find it slightly unlikely that mafia would let Summoner slide by as Cop.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
if i remember correctly, Junglefever was HELLA INACTIVE DAY 2

and he just posted in pikmin mafia so he should probably have time to post here....
You're right, I was inactive. Inactive, Not lurking. I'm sure you know the difference.

I never thought of mafia janning SK D1. It's an interesting idea.

There were a lot of interactions with other players and Virg, iirc. Or at least, others talking about Virg. Gonna go back and reread with the flip in mind.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
...and the chances that they jan'd the SK just increased....way to go scum =P

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Hey guys. Thoughts on this scum tell listed on mafiascum.

"Gloating (any form of "complaining" about how bad the previous night was, how the doctor/cop was killed, etc.) Similar to "congratulating the doctor". "

I dunno lol.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Vote: Junglefever

I am more suspicious of people that are inactive and then come back with a post that says pretty much nothing other then "Gonna go back and re-read" and yet they still do nothing over those that are just plain inactive.

@Summoner - Thats a good point....not sure how accurate it is however but something that should be kept in mind... I believe that both mentos and I are the ones that congratulated scum? =P

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Summoner: In my experience there's no real differentiation. Town cheer about scum deaths/less deaths at night, scum do the same, town is upset by big pr deaths, scum acts the same. It depends on the person, and is definitely nothing close to a universal scumtell.

Ronike

Smash Ace
So who all is actually deadset against nameclaims? Cause so far it's just Tom and Mentos, conveniently the same amount of people as could be scum. If we name claim, I can nigh guaruntee we'll be lynching scum today. However the chances go down should you force me to tell you why I want one, so I'd rather not reveal unless I have to

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
And I've seen roles that target specific characters for their win condition before, so I don't really want to do it if you have an ulterior motive. Not to mention, not a single one of Rockin's games have been able to be broken by nameclaims, why would we assume this one can?

Top Bottom