• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Barhouse Sleepover: "Hey Town, drinks are on me!"

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Pfft <_< Always good to be paranoid about the amount of mafia in a game.

and Oh Oh! I want to feel useful too!

Vote: Gheb

Good game? ^_^

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

Aika (Gheb), Mafia Roleblocker, has been lynched!

CONGRATS! TOWN WON THE GAME!

I'll post the statics and such later on. I need to rest

Ronike

Smash Ace
Noice guys, sorry for the doubt Tom/Mentos I guess I just saw thr connection and toms play bugged me.

Whatevskies. Good game all.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
no doubt ronike, we had to disagree with you on the nameclaim (it was pro your role and anti ours and we are both town) so i just chalk that up to pretty awesome game design actually. also, mentos and i agreed that you picked up on the connection between us, its understandable and i respect that for sure.

good job everyone! for definite sure good job @ frozen, ronike, virg... nix you proved yourself in my eyes! you are good, just hard to read! lol.

mentos buddy i dont think anyone will ever do a masonry like we do.

the inactivity was really bad but i guess we had an inactive townie and an inactive scumbag.

mafia chose the wrong kills, sk, townie, townie.

steel, why did you claim doctor?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
good job everyone! for definite sure good job @ frozen, ronike, virg... nix you proved yourself in my eyes! you are good, just hard to read! lol.

Heh...was trying to play in a way that I had enough people thinking I was scum or atleast not sure if I was town. Figured that way mafia would keep me alive for a bit thinking I would be a easy lynch target near end game >_> Whether or not that actually worked or not *shrug*

We wanted to lure out the real one.

:059:
Yea, I figured that out as soon as Steel claimed, which is why I was literally watching that page all day waiting for someone to put Steel at L-1 so I could hammer >_> Didn't want to just out myself like that. Kind of curious why you guys went after Ronike if you wanted the Doc o_O he already claimed Coroner.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Probably because you were still seen as a viable lynch. You did a pretty good job of staying alive all game, sort of fence-sitting between lynchable and kill-worthy like mentos and I tried to do.

It is unfortunate that we chose to lynch ChiboSempai Day 1 when we narrowed it down to Chibo and Steel. We kept Steel alive for three more days after that, lol. Day 1, however, both Steel and Riddle were really already in the spotlight. It must have been a hard game for Gheb. Mafia also killed the SK (helping town) and only VTs died for 3 nights. Things went in our favor that could have gone in theirs, so it must have been a hard game as scum.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
In addition to how killing the SK helped town, it also made your jan worthless - though you didn't then need to worry about the coroner that you didn't know existed, but still.

Also, Summoner lived through haunting inactivity simply because of his role, and that probably helped town a lot too - could have been another mislynch in your favor, especially if Kevin or Virg or Overswarm had been the cop.

Speaking of OS, your play was kind of weird. I don't know when we would have lynched you, but I don't think you would have lived to see the end of the game as a solo SK like that.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Go town!

Before I died, I had Steel pegged and was going to throw everything I had at him and push his lynch, but those sonova*****'s done killed me :crying:

Good job, everyone! :bee:

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
w00t GG all. Still shocked at how much that one comment by Riddle during T1 pulled things together for me.

And it was a pain going against that nameclaim. It was easily a solid pro-town idea(although Ronike's whole motive thing did legit bug me), but to do so meant me and Tom would either have to fake claim and risk a CC, or out our masonry, so we had to go against it.

Kevin, sorry I missed you when I said welcome back to Tom and Frozen, you weren't gone when I leftXD

This was a really well played game by everyone who wasn't inactive:)

And Tom, I agree, after we started getting reads at leastXD(there was a good portion of time early on when we had no idea where to go)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Was I not worthy of the mafia's night kill? =P
Consider that a compliment because that's EXACTLY how a Doc is supposed to play.

Good ****.

It must have been a hard game for Gheb.
Yeah, that's true. Meno's inactivity already turned out problematic right away and when we lynched Riddle I was already on the Steel bus and it was hard to go back from there. Then Steel also went V/LA so I felt all alone most of the time.

No hard feelings to anybody but I feel like I had a lot of weight to carry. Pokemafia was a lot easier to me :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I agree that all active players played really well @ mentos

Nix probably played the best doc on SWF so far
Mentos / Tom masonry used to its fullest
Ronike showed a good sense for the game and most of his suggestions were purposeful
Frozen is frozen
I'm a G

The end (sorry if I forgot anybody :p)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh also, Tom, I don't know how you came up with so many breadcrumbs... As I was reading that posts there were a couple times when even I was like "huh, that was a breadcrumb?"

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Nix was good as hell as doctor, not to detract from his good play in this game, but he didn't save correctly twice, so he isn't Mayling (or Matunas).

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
^^^ Truth =P Didn't want to take too much of a chance of not protecting the cop though, just in case mafia decided to kill him....not sure how helpful that was though, probably should of just risked it and started protecting other people....ah well, still won in the end.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
The cast

I want to first say that I'm very sorry as to how some things were ran. Things were just...thrown at me at one time and another. For example, during the time to start the game, I had to go to my friend's house (but I wanted to put up the game first so people wouldn't have to wait the next day). My father was rushing me out cause he said if I stayed too long, then I was gonna clean the house with him (which I wanted to avoid), thus made me rush the living hell out of certain parts of the PM sending (which you'll see soon)

Last week, my computer screen was beginning to mess up. Aparantly, the vison screen would tilt down so I would see half of the stuff unless I smacked it around like some cheap ***** (which would either fix or just be fixed for a limited amount of time), so I couldn't add on the flavors and whatnot.

Me and Xiivi co-worked on creating the characters (the theme was ****** women verses sissy/ANTI-HERO WOMEN (god Tom, how could you not see that? You play Catwoman, ****it! >: ). Xiivi came up with the roles (sk was originally going to be a normal one, but I asked if the sk could get a power so as to help even the odds). Normally I do roles first and characters 2nd, but since I was really concerned about balance, I let Xiivi do the roles. Coming up with the characters was difficult as hell cause they had to be Nintendo/Sega/Capcom/ base and Nintendo had a small amount of ****** female characters.

Poison

If there’s one thing known about you, you’re hot. You’re a hot woman, but you fight with the ‘bad boys’ so as to get more money, as well as claiming a turf in the streets. Unfortunatly, no one really wants to go out with you cause no one can…’fully understand you.’

You are the Town Hot Nurse. Every night, you can choose to either roleblock or protect someone.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.
I think Nix did about a good job, even though his doctor power was barely used. :p He provided some form of content for the game. I was irritated how several people were looking at his gender character and not the fact that she was an obvious bad guy, but I guess it can't be blamed. Poison was a 'Hot Nurse' cause...well, she's hot. Nuff said. :p

Xiivi said you did "fine." lolz

You are the commander to Team Galactic. You handle your ends of the deal and is loyal to your boss Cyrus. As a little girl, you was an ace in terms of knowledge of the planet Mars and the sun, but you were decent to mediocre to every other planet (You never did like Jupiter…)

You are Town Coroner. On any night you choose, you can investigate one non flipped lynch/night kill.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated
I meant to put it one time use. Instead, it was typed as if he could do it more then once >>;;

Your gruge with Overswarm made it difficult to really see his motives as a player. Not to mention your constant push for the nameclaim got you the badge of 'scummy.' All and all, pretty good play. Had mafia janned a townie, your power would've became more useful. As far as her being a coroner...eh. I saw that Team Galactia dealt with some crazy machinery so I assume she had a special machine to like...scan dead bodies lol.

Xiivi said you did 'fine' lol

Drawcia

You have a passion for art. You love to draw anything that comes to mind, as well as have the power to make it come to life. You are very popular on Deviantart.

You are Town Cop. Each night, you may choose to investigate a player, and you’ll get the result on that same night.

You did decent in D1, but your sudden calling of 'IM A COP! KILL ME!' on the beginning of D2 demoted your power to becoming a mere Townie from N2 to now. Don't do that. Just 'breadcrumb' your findings next time. The fact that you was fairy inactive as well as contributed decently showed your usefulness.

Originally, I was gonna do something silly and just simply put a color related picture to show who's maf and who's townie, but Xiivi wanting to mod D2 (which was planned, btw) and you getting roleblocked constantly didn't much happen. oh, btw. don't look into flavors so hard. Regardless of what you may thought before, you was roleblocked. And the reason why the last two didn't have any flavor was cause I didn't have the time for it (I even said it at the beginning of D4 >>;; )

Xiivi said 'rode his claim to endgame,' which I'll assume that meant the reason why you lived was cause of your claim. >>

Gerudo Soldier

You are a Gerudo soldier. You’re usually the first wave of female soldiers to raid a camp site. You take a living to stealing, ‘kidnapping men,’ and…talk about girl stuff.

You are a Town Mason. You only know one person that is confirmed town. You can speak to your partner anytime, day or night. Your mason partner is _________. Please be sure to send in the log info to either me or Xiivi (They are not mandatory, but I’d like a good read :p)

Gerudo Guard

You are a Gerudo Guard. You’re specifically in charge of the male ‘prisoners’ that you capture after each raid. Sometimes you get bored, seeing as you’re basically a pet owner of sorts.

You are a Town Mason. You only know one person that is confirmed town. You can speak to your partner anytime, day or night. Your mason partner is _________. Please be sure to send in the log info to either me or Xiivi (They are not mandatory, but I’d like a good read :p)

These guys here deserve MVP of the game. They kept the masonary together as as well as provided content to the town. I felt that many people were either intimidated or was just being flat out paranoid over Tom. LOL I feel that both of them did a good job here. Guess my only issue was how Tom was focusing too hard on some of the character names (but I guess that's him...he likes to look at...everything in a mafia game lol). Kinda surprised he didn't see after Riddle's flip that the mafias were anti-heroines. Yes, they're good guys, but technically they're anti-heros/bad guys as well cause they break the law.

Xiivi said ya both did fine lol

Petrine (Fire Emblem)

You are Petrine, one of the four raiders in Daein’s squad. You are a pretty powerful woman. Like Marshy, you dislike your men in your group to be fence sitting when told what to do.

You are a Vanilla Townie. Despite you being a evil woman, you are relied to use more then just your charms and magic: you have to use your brain. Sure, it’s wimpy, but what can you do?

Omis was dealing with a personal issue at the time, so that's understandable. JF's inactivity wasn't...>> his inactivity and lack of input was putting him on the target of things. Sure, he helped some...but he wasn't really active.

Xiivi said "lol he was playing?"

Veran

You are Veran, Sorcerer of Shadows. You like to manipulate people to do your bidding, even go as far as to sacrifice the host you corrupt. You get cheap thrills by making others worship you.

You are a Vanilla Townie. Despite you being a evil woman, you are relied to use more then just your charms and magic: you have to use your brain. Sure, it’s wimpy, but what can you do?

Eh...poor KevinM. Had to be targeted for well...err...I dunno actually. I think Overswarm's plan was to buddy up with certain people and then ride it off to end game. Eh...I still frowned.

Valentina

You are Valentina, and you like to get your way. You like to dominate kingdoms without dirtying your hand. That’s why you get your slave, Dodo to do the work.

I thought Frozen did a pretty good job. It's a shame no one listened to him in terms of Steel sooner. I don't think there was a single thing he did wrong. Just that the time was bound to happen.

Wendy

You are Wendy Koopa (aka ‘Kootie Pie Koopa’). You are the fifth child and you’re pretty spoiled. Many have wondered where you been between Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros. Wii,’ but you really just ran away cause your daddy didn’t want to get you your own Clown Car with a pink bow. To be fair, you was a few years young, as you have to be 10 yrs. Old to drive.

Yes, Virg did asked me to give him a restriction in post. I didn't want to do that cause well...it was both odd and I was trying to make my game really awesome. lol

that haiku thing was a bit wtf, but he was able to contribute pretty nicely, surprisingly. I may have to consider doing some post restrictions... lol I think he was killed due to him being the most safest of choices. Well played :D

Menardi

You are Menardi, a powerful sorceress from the land Prox. You have a serious skin disease (Your friend told you to buy that Aveeno lotion on the shelf, but did you listen? Nooooo…). It’s alright though, as you have the (literally) fire power to make those have bad skin like you. Course, the chances of you getting laid is against you…

Eh...town Chibo played town...I guess. Didn't seem to use good logic, which soon led to his doom. Gotta do better man.

Tron Bonne - Mafia Encryptor

You are Tron Bonne, middle sibiling of the Bonne family. While you steal from the rich and keep it all ya selves, you do tend to try and trick Mega Man Volnutt to join your ranks, but that stupid blond woman keeps getting into your love affair-err, I mean job employment. While you do steal, you’re not much considered to be a ‘tough woman’ by Syrup’s standards, due to you not wanting to kill.

You are Mafia Encryptor. Before the lynch result occurs, you can hide the lynch result. It’s a one time use though.

You win when it is mathematically impossible for the mafia to lose
^ notice how I forgot to put his scum buddies on the PM lol

You did a pretty good job. I think you did fairly well as scum. Too bad things didn't exactly go your way (or did it? I'm unsure atm).

Aika - Mafia Roleblocker

You are Aika, a Blue Rogue Pirate. You steal from the rich, but you keep everything to your team as well as fellow Blue Rogue Pirates. While your name has the ‘Rogue’ part, it doesn’t make you a real ****** woman (even though this is Rockin’s game). As such, you aren’t considered a serious threat.

You are Mafia Roleblocker. Each night, you may choose one player to roleblock.

^ again, notice no buds lol

Jill - Mafia Janitor

You are Jill, daughter of Doug (who is the leader bandit gang known as ‘The Red Dozers’). For a little kid, you have no problem stealing and destroying stuff in your way. However, Syrup has no time for ‘small time’ children and doesn’t consider you as a serious adult.

You are the Mafia Janitor. A night, you can hide a kill of your choice. Careful though, it’s a one time use, so use it wisely.

Meh, I'm pretty dissipointed in Menounderwater, mostly on how he handled the game. He went inactive and then /off the game cause he got a job. Normally I wouldn't mind that, but when you accept the game, you do your best to play it through unless an EMERGENCY happens. Yes, getting a job was important, but you could've at least told me this sooner that you was applying for jobs >:

Riddle did a decent/good job. I thank him for replacing. I think the reason why he was looked at so hard was cause of Meno tainted his character role with the inactivity and such. >>

Splash Woman - Serial Killer Tracker

You are Splash Woman, a creation by Dr Light. You man the ocean so as to bring all ships home to base safely. However, you have been brainwashed by Dr. Wiley due to a chip installed into your brain. Even after Mega Man’s rescue, Wiley’s words were truth: you had a expiration date…and Dr. Light never told you about it. You have a hatred for humans for being dishonest and uninformative.

You are a [blue=blue]Serial Killer Tracker[/color]. Aside from being able to kill each night, you have the power to track someone from one direction to another. Careful, you can only use this once.

You win when your threats are eliminated.
I think you did a pretty good job. I also liked the plan you had. I think your only downfall was that you attracted some unwanted attention. Still, major props to ya.

Night actions

-N1-
Summoner investigated Riddle
Overswarm killed KevinM
Gheb Roleblocked Frozen
Riddle Killed and janned Overswarm
Nix Roleblocked Tom

-N2-
Summoner Investigated Mentos
Gheb Roleblocks Summoner and killa Virg
Ronike used Coroner power on Overswarm
Nix protected Summoner

-N3-
Summoner investigated Mentos
Nix protected summoner
Gheb roleblocks Summoner and kills Frozen

-N4-
Summoner investigates Gheb
Nix roleblocked Mentos
Gheb roleblocks Summoner and kills Ronike

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
so now leads the most important thing I have in mind...

how did I do? did everyone have fun? How did they like the roles?

I'm sorry there was not a lot of flavor. Hopefully by next game I'll have a more working computer. >>

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
You did pretty good running things Rockin, and the setup was very well made IMO. Town got some major luck with the SK dying n1, otherwise we woulda been in a much harder situation.

And my role was awesome. Tom=best mason partner everXD Also,(and I told you I was gonna do this) enjoy this quote from one of my times talking to Rockin:)

rockinth (11:40:48 PM): no being negative
rockinth (11:40:50 PM): you got tom
rockinth (11:40:55 PM): they should be jealous
rockinth (11:41:02 PM): you get tom all to yourself :3
rockinth (11:41:04 PM): no homo though
mentosman8 (11:41:18 PM): hahahahahaha
mentosman8 (11:41:39 PM): i should so save that quote
mentosman8 (11:41:43 PM): to post at endgame
rockinth (11:41:56 PM): I will mod kill you if you do D:<
mentosman8 (11:42:05 PM): not if games over already:p
rockinth (11:42:14 PM): .....................FFFFFFFF

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
haha. it was a great masonry for sure. we think alike, but not too alike, so we had some success in hunting after we got the ball rolling.

it was a very well designed setup, so props to xiivi if he did the work, i cant tell. and it was a fun game. janitors and encryptors are frustrating to the town, but they aren't bad roles, they are good roles. we kept a decent flow of information throughout the game, and i mostly attribute that to ronike - coroner information, pacing the claims out to d3 and d5. good game.

thank you for hosting, rockin. this size setup was good too. make another one and jump back in line, and consider me /in again! i look forward to more flavor next time ^^

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Going back and re-reading all of Riddle's posts after all of both Jungle and Steel's posts was probably my best decision ever in any mafia game. Except maybe Intercepting myself in FFVII mafia lol.

It just really clarified my reads in got the ball rolling on the whole Steel shindig.

But holy **** Gheb, nice ****ing distancing. If the town didn't have such powerful claims to come through with in the endgame, you seriously would have had a nice chance at riding out your ****ing whole game long bussing of Steel.

I even said in one of my last posts before you guys offed me that I had a hard time seeing you bussing Steel so hard. I like, sorta started to catch on to you being scum but seeing Steel flip scum probably would have made me second guess myself.

This post doesn't do this game justice and I'll probably post again later with more **** I wanted to comment on. GGz to all.

GO TOWN! w00t!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The set-up was good...I just didn't play out well for scum:

Janning the SK
Getting a guilty N1
Killing only vanilla

Lot's of bad coincidences for the mafia but also good play by town and a fair set-up. Next time you should give us our safeclaims right away though! >=(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
*sighs*

Good job town,

**** you SK lol
Sorry!

I don't even remember what my plan was, but wish I could have gone on longer with this. I always die early on via lynch if I don't make a scene, but if I make a scene and don't die from lynch scum kills me. I hardly ever live past D3 -_-;;

Top Bottom