• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA Character Submission Topic v2

Chaos1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicboom2100
???

MORE BROKEN PSA'S?!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Please no... PLEASE...
You know why Eldiran has the best of hacks on SmashBoards?
1- Cause they're balanced.
2- Cause they're organized.
3- Cause they're balanced.
Yeah seriously.. Balance is needed lots in PSA hacking... I think we should make a new topic for broken hacks.. Or just put them in a sub-section so that people know what to download depending on their playstyle.
So people who like gimmick and overpowered stuff, will go to the Broken section.
And people who like original and balanced hacks, will go to the Standard section.

I wish LeafBarrett would at least organize the list... I mean not that it's not organized but still it needs more organization.
This maybe a stupid question 0_o; but, what psa are broken. and how do you know that these hacks are broken.

oh btw for those who know the answer to this question. how the hell do you fix dedede?0_o; because i checked out his .pac file and i have no idea on how to fix him or how he even was broken in the first place X_x:

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
This maybe a stupid question 0_o; but, what psa are broken. and how do you know that these hacks are broken.

oh btw for those who know the answer to this question. how the *shoopdawoop* do you fix dedede?0_o; because i checked out his .pac file and i have no idea on how to fix him or how he even was broken in the first place X_x:
Broken doesn't mean it doesn't work... It means it's too powerful to be played with...
And Idk how to fix DDD but who cares? he's a frickin fat kitteh. :p

(Sorry for altering your post but I just hate stuff leik dat.)

Chaos1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicboom2100
Broken doesn't mean it doesn't work... It means it's too powerful to be played with...
And Idk how to fix DDD but who cares? he's a frickin fat kitteh. :p

(Sorry for altering your post but I just hate stuff leik dat.)
>_< you mean my godlypuff psa right. well i dont have to post it any ways. even though i am done with it.

wait? hold up a sec....................................................... **** i just forgot what i was about to say.

oh yeah. i have a question AceSe3don, would you consider a psa who can't harm anyone, a broken psa? like someone who only does 1% damage with every attack(except FS)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
>_< you mean my godlypuff psa right. well i dont have to post it any ways. even though i am done with it.

wait? hold up a sec....................................................... **** i just forgot what i was about to say.

oh yeah. i have a question AceSe3don, would you consider a psa who can't harm anyone, a broken psa? like someone who only does 1% damage with every attack(except FS)
No, that would be an underpowered PSA... I don't think there's a term for a character being THAT underpowered, though. Broken ONLY refers to characters that are grossly overpowered, such as Onslaught Falcon.

Chaos1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicboom2100
No, that would be an underpowered PSA... I don't think there's a term for a character being THAT underpowered, though. Broken ONLY refers to characters that are grossly overpowered, such as Onslaught Falcon.
well then. Here is my download for godly puff and additional character. ganon demoted.
everything about him has been demoted to pathetic levels. oh and he is supremely underpowered

attributes for demoted ganon
-weak attack and defense.
-weak throws
-doesn't stun anyone (not even him self LOLZ)
the .pac file is in the same folder as godly puff.

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?unmjeqydqtz#2

btw, did any one found a solution to my SF fox problem. :confused:

Chaos1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicboom2100
BTW.Hey Kyzon Xin you Kyzon download isn't working. :(

i wanted to try him out but when i go to the site. it says the file is either invalid or deleted.0_o....

PLZ help >_<

sorry for double posting.

Fire-Soul

Smash Cadet
Hey guys i need a very little help, just tell me where i can find a completely list of sound effects, i helping someone with a wolf but we have trouble on finding a list of it ¬¬

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Why was this moved? It's far from just a PSA. It's everything for a character. It has a vertex, a texture, animations, and a PSA.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Why was this moved? It's far from just a PSA. It's everything for a character. It has a vertex, a texture, animations, and a PSA.
Yeah, just like a million other movesets have now. Sorry, but in all honesty, yours isn't groundbreaking enough to warrant its own topic. A lot of the moves are extremely similar to ones found in other movesets.
Anyways, adding it now.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, just like a million other movesets have now. Sorry, but in all honesty, yours isn't groundbreaking enough to warrant its own topic. A lot of the moves are extremely similar to ones found in other movesets.
Anyways, adding it now.
Ok, thanks. I am going to change the moves that are similar to others, of course. But this is unfinished. This was originally shadow (by mastaklo) and I didn't change EVERY move, yet. That's why UNedited moves are the same as mastaklo's shadow. I need to change the down b, aerial down a, up b, and dodges. But, I still think that this deserves it's own topic. There's a lot of other hacks here that deserve their own topics, as well. But, I guess only model porting gets that.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Ok, thanks. I am going to change the moves that are similar to others, of course. But this is unfinished. This was originally shadow (by mastaklo) and I didn't change EVERY move, yet. That's why UNedited moves are the same as mastaklo's shadow.
All right, perhaps similar isn't the right word.
holy**** just got a random virus telling me to buy a specific anti-virus product... wooow.
oh hell, I'll be right back to edit this
EDIT: Okay... now that all hell has stopped breaking loose...
Maybe similar isn't the right word, but it's just... random. It doesn't fit him at all. Nothing about it really grabs me.
Another tip: Hitboxes on running/standing/etc. are not good ideas.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
All right, perhaps similar isn't the right word.
holy**** just got a random virus telling me to buy a specific anti-virus product... wooow.
oh hell, I'll be right back to edit this
EDIT: Okay... now that all hell has stopped breaking loose...
Maybe similar isn't the right word, but it's just... random. It doesn't fit him at all. Nothing about it really grabs me.
Another tip: Hitboxes on running/standing/etc. are not good ideas.
The hitbox on the running is a low hitbox that suits him and isn't that effective unless the enemy has high damage. And also, I based the whole moveset off of super shadow (and normal shadow) from the games. Random? I don't think so. (You didn't even try it for yourself, did you?) The moveset is really suiting. This is why I like kittycorp, but not smashboards. They let you show your stuff without making excuses like "the moves are to similar". Whether moves are similar or not, I still worked hard on a hack that has great potential and, at least, deserves to be recognized. And you throw it into a thread. Why?

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Just made a Weegee psa. It has an unavoidable instant kill hitbox on all of his wait animations. Should I post it?
My opinion is that you should change it to when you push a or b. And make all his animations a 1 frame standing animation. And use mewtwo's (or some other) flying animation for the run and walk. Post it, and I'll edit it some more. I have some ideas.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
This is why I like kittycorp, but not smashboards. They let you show your stuff without making excuses like "the moves are to similar". Whether moves are similar or not, I still worked hard on a hack that has great potential and, at least, deserves to be recognized. And you throw it into a thread. Why?
Because the forum would be FAR beyond clogged if everyone made their own thread just to demonstrate one moveset/costume/texture/all of the above.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
Because the forum would be FAR beyond clogged if everyone made their own thread just to demonstrate one moveset/costume/texture/all of the above.
I figured that. Still, there are hacks that deserve their own topics that are put in this thread and other hacks that aren't any better that don't get put in here. Even you, yourself stated "movesets in my topic get largely ignored". If that's the case, then leave the hacks alone in their own topic. Don't throw them in your "humble little thread".

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I'm beginning to hate hacking.. As you can notice I'm not on most of the time...
I think I'm gonna get back to competitive battling.
Yes I hate to make this a big post but I...
I gave up hacking.
You see, I'm so busy with other things, mostly religion, which I can't give up just cause I "Gotta finish this hack!" "Upload that" "Download that" "Test that" "Put in sound effects" "Fix animations"...
All that stuff doesn't make me happy at all... And I just figured out why.. It's cause.. Well I get bored, and I always think "It needs more work".
And that's the main reason.
Another reason would be cause Pokemon Competitive Battling, is WAY more fun, needs WAY more thinking and predicting, and WAY less time, a battle on the average takes 25 minutes, and one battle in enough for a day or two, so that's a lot of time I'm wasting on hacking.
Now.. I can just wait till SSB4 comes out... That is if they plan on doing one. And if it doesn't have Mewtwo, I don't think I'm even gonna play it... YES I'M SERIOUS!
Anyways, good bye Smash World, though I might check here every now and then, still.. Goodbye.

"And Peace be upon those who follow the guidance"

Photos

Smash Journeyman
yes, the point is to use the codes. in fact, the whole thing is about the codes working properly.
*small voice* oh.

Well, anyway, it's actually pretty awesome! except for him falling to fast to use his awesome up special for recovery, i really liked it. it's better than most i see for sure. well-balanced w/ nice looks.

But i'll try out Toon link for ya Fire Soul. i'll probably only be able to tell ya about it tomorrow.

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
*small voice* oh.

Well, anyway, it's actually pretty awesome! except for him falling to fast to use his awesome up special for recovery, i really liked it. it's better than most i see for sure. well-balanced w/ nice looks.

But i'll try out Toon link for ya Fire Soul. i'll probably only be able to tell ya about it tomorrow.
did the codes work?
*cough* psa not made by me*cough*

Photos

Smash Journeyman
did the codes work?
*cough* psa not made by me*cough*
Erm, well, i have no idea how to use any codes. i avoid them like the plauge. that's why i asked earlier. but give my regards to whomever made it. except for his gravity/weight. Sorry to disappoint. :(

@ Fire Soul: But i did try out toon link for ya Fire Soul, and let me tell you that was fun. I really loved the triple jump as well, especially for that forward aerial. My only problems w/ him are that some of his moves (such as down aerial and icer-rang) are a little too spammable and too powerful. Running speed was a little fast, Less friction after sprint was nice but a little too "slippy". Regular side attack was more like a special than a reg move, but it has the gaps in it, so that move didn't really have too big of a problem. Effects were really nice, especially grab wind. i couldn't figure out why at certain times i did a side smash (i couldn't really tell when or why it did it, so it might not have been side smash) his blade would be on fire. although that looked really cool when it happened. if i could have a moveset list, and what they do, i could probably make this more complete. I did some level 9 TL vs Random level 9, and it was almost an equal match, w/ toon link having the advantage. I could also say that from what i could see, if someone knew how to use him well, and understood his moves, he would have an unfair advantage as he is, erm, well, in the over-tier, to put it one way. but still, you could release it now and i think almost everyone would love it. It was probably the funnest character i have ever used. especially the effects. and the triple jump.

on a 1-10 ratio, i'd give it 8.5-9.5, or somewhere in there. hopefully this helps.:bigthumbu

Fire-Soul

Smash Cadet
Erm, well, i have no idea how to use any codes. i avoid them like the plauge. that's why i asked earlier. but give my regards to whomever made it. except for his gravity/weight. Sorry to disappoint. :(

@ Fire Soul: But i did try out toon link for ya Fire Soul, and let me tell you that was fun. I really loved the triple jump as well, especially for that forward aerial. My only problems w/ him are that some of his moves (such as down aerial and icer-rang) are a little too spammable and too powerful. Running speed was a little fast, Less friction after sprint was nice but a little too "slippy". Regular side attack was more like a special than a reg move, but it has the gaps in it, so that move didn't really have too big of a problem. Effects were really nice, especially grab wind. i couldn't figure out why at certain times i did a side smash (i couldn't really tell when or why it did it, so it might not have been side smash) his blade would be on fire. although that looked really cool when it happened. if i could have a moveset list, and what they do, i could probably make this more complete. I did some level 9 TL vs Random level 9, and it was almost an equal match, w/ toon link having the advantage. I could also say that from what i could see, if someone knew how to use him well, and understood his moves, he would have an unfair advantage as he is, erm, well, in the over-tier, to put it one way. but still, you could release it now and i think almost everyone would love it. It was probably the funnest character i have ever used. especially the effects. and the triple jump.

on a 1-10 ratio, i'd give it 8.5-9.5, or somewhere in there. hopefully this helps.:bigthumbu
thanks man, thats mean too much for me :)

Here is the list of the moves of Alpha Toon Link

Throw up: Wind Effect (New)
Throw Down: Earth Effect (New)
A Side Attack: Fire Hit (Does a little power like zelda 2 in the front) (New)
A Side Attack: Tilded Down: Water Hit With Effect (New)
A Side Attack: Tilded Up: Fire Sword Effect (New)
A UP Attack: A little explosion that does 2 hits consecutively
A + Up Attack: A Dark Ball on the Hand (Does 13 hits consecutively or 18 i don´t remember exactly)
Aerial A Forward Attack: It´s more like a Screw attack Effect, it gives a 7 or 10 hits
Aerial A Back Attack: A kick Like lucas With Darkness Attack
Aerial A Up: Thunder attack
B Attack: Fire Arrows (only need fire Graphic)
B Side Attack: Icy Boomerang
B Up: The Same
B Up Aerial: only the last 2 hits changed for a fire and icy attack

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
if you want, i can send u a vid how to use them. it takes about 3 minutes. ;)

Photos

Smash Journeyman
thanks man, thats mean too much for me :)

Here is the list of the moves of Alpha Toon Link

Throw up: Wind Effect (New) (i really like this)
Throw Down: Earth Effect (New)
A Side Attack: Fire Hit
A Side Attack: Tilded Down: Water Hit With Effect (New)
A Side Attack: Tilded Up: Fire Sword Effect (New)
A UP Attack: A little explosion that does 2 hits consecutively (this is nice, no changes needed)
A + Up Attack: A Dark Ball on the Hand (Does 13 hits consecutively or 18 i don´t remember exactly) (Also nice)
Aerial A Forward Attack: It´s more like a Screw attack Effect, it gives a 7 or 10 hits (nice too, but a little too easy to use in conjunction w/ triple jump)
Aerial A Back Attack: A kick Like lucas With Darkness Attack
Aerial A Up: Thunder attack
(maybe make his air stuff less easily useable, because he excels in the air. ground attacks are good, and most don't need change) (Don't get rid of triple jump! ) (i'll have to try the tilts) (try making Down aerial only hit once and stop instead of bouncing off of an enemy. that should make that nice. also, perhaps instead of having a wide area that hits even if it doesn't connect w/ your opponent, have some wind pushing away.)
B Attack: Fire Arrows (only need fire Graphic) (are there any changes to this other than fire?)
B Side Attack: Icy Boomerang (A little too spammable. perhaps only ice attack when it's going out instead of coming in?)
B Up: The Same
B Up Aerial: only the last 2 hits changed for a fire and icy attack(like the ice.)
Cool, i'll get onto that. also, i forgot to tell you, but at certain times (not very often, and kinda randomly. only like once every few matches) TL will go into T-Stance, which has happened to me when someone grabbed me or interrupted my attack. but only every once in a while.
(i edited a few moves on your quote fyi, hope it helps. i'll get to the rest of the moves)

if you want, i can send u a vid how to use them. it takes about 3 minutes. ;)
Sure, that'd be awesome!

Fire-Soul

Smash Cadet
Cool, i'll get onto that. also, i forgot to tell you, but at certain times (not very often, and kinda randomly. only like once every few matches) TL will go into T-Stance, which has happened to me when someone grabbed me or interrupted my attack. but only every once in a while.
(i edited a few moves on your quote fyi, hope it helps. i'll get to the rest of the moves)

Sure, that'd be awesome!
thanks for you help man!!, about the T-Stance.. i could be a little error, did you put the FitMotionEtc? it´s have moves from lucas so without that, will go to T-Stance :)

And with the arrows it´s possible to put another element than fire, like ice, darkness, aura and earth

the subroutine for the arrows is: 1d060

oh! and i find what i´ts causing sometimes T-Stance

and i find something that you don´t have a little waste of time when you landing with a Down Aerial, you landing like normal now :D

Here i Leave The Fix For The T-Stance of Alpha ToonL: It´s only the pac
http://www.mediafire.com/?njaozyjzgoy

Chaos1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicboom2100
UPDATE:Super Phoenix Mario V2

some improvements I made to Super Phoenix Mario.

-some attacks are faster
-Fixed fireball freezing (had to change the interval back to normal because of random freezing. Used frame speed mod instead.
-enhanced running(don't use curry or else it wont go so well

Download Here

Photos

Smash Journeyman
thanks for you help man!!, about the T-Stance.. i could be a little error, did you put the FitMotionEtc? it´s have moves from lucas so without that, will go to T-Stance :)

And with the arrows it´s possible to put another element than fire, like ice, darkness, aura and earth
the subroutine for the arrows is: 1d060
oh! and i find what i´ts causing sometimes T-Stance
and i find something that you don´t have a little waste of time when you landing with a Down Aerial, you landing like normal now :D
Here i Leave The Fix For The T-Stance of Alpha ToonL: It´s only the pac
http://www.mediafire.com/?njaozyjzgoy
Sweet, i'll check that out when i can. i do use the fitmotionpac as well. I'll just edit this when i tell you about it. :)

EDIT 1: i will be gone sunday till friday, so if i am not able to try it out, i'm very sorry.

Fire-Soul

Smash Cadet
Sweet, i'll check that out when i can. i do use the fitmotionpac as well. I'll just edit this when i tell you about it. :)

EDIT 1: i will be gone sunday till friday, so if i am not able to try it out, i'm very sorry.
ok man! i hope you can try it :)

robinpup

Smash Cadet
please guys someone knows how to make a samus large missile trayectory and beam like the brawl - samus but with the normal effect ,not the freeze missile etc. i may try smash atacks but every time i try to use the program wont run. :bee:

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
hey, I've got a kinda newbish question.
I saved a brawl snapshot to my SD card, how do I get the image on to my computer, and then show it in one of my smashboards posts?
Will it already be a jpg?

*edit*

I found something in \private\wii\app\RSBE\al, which corresponds to the time and day I took the snapshot, but its a media file. How can I convert it to a jpg?

*edit*

found something called brawl snapshot uploader. now I challenge yall to answer how to add the jpg to a smashboards post before I figure it out myself! I wanna upload it from my computer, not the web.

*edit*

TOO SLOW! Simply linked as a jpg. No further questions.

Chaos1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicboom2100
hey, I've got a kinda newbish question.
I saved a brawl snapshot to my SD card, how do I get the image on to my computer, and then show it in one of my smashboards posts?
Will it already be a jpg?

*edit*

I found something in \private\wii\app\RSBE\al, which corresponds to the time and day I took the snapshot, but its a media file. How can I convert it to a jpg?

*edit*

found something called brawl snapshot uploader. now I challenge yall to answer how to add the jpg to a smashboards post before I figure it out myself! I wanna upload it from my computer, not the web.

*edit*

TOO SLOW! Simply linked as a jpg. No further questions.
Where did you find this brawl snapshot uploader from?

Top Bottom