• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*NEW* Official R.O.B. Boards Stage Discussion(Currently discussing Halberd) UPDATED!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So the stage isn't neutral because Diddy doesn't pwn the **** out of you in it?

Sudai

Stuff here
I think the neutrals should be FD, BF, and Smashville. That's it. People like diversity though so YI was added since it's "so close" and then they needed a 5th for striking (be it Lylat or PS1) so they have two not-really-neutrals as neutrals. :/

-LzR-

Smash Hero
How in the hell is Smashville neutral then? There is a stupid platform messing around, while in Lylat, the ledges are messing around. I would say that other neutrals than those where every A tier ***** would sound nice.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I think the neutrals should be FD, BF, and Smashville. That's it. People like diversity though so YI was added since it's "so close" and then they needed a 5th for striking (be it Lylat or PS1) so they have two not-really-neutrals as neutrals. :/
i agree, but im not part of the sbr, so i cant do ****, anyway, can we get back on topic, anyone else we should/shouldn't take to ps1?

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Is it me, or don't take Link, Ness, Lucas and Sheik there?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Sheik's not bad there and neither is link. I prefer to take the mother boys to FD so I can camp them better and gimp them better...ly.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I prefer to take ROB to FD so I can camp him better.

Lylat and Yoshi's are way better against Lucas.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
LoL at the title... Can we move forward now to Lylat Cruise?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
LoL at the title... Can we move forward now to Lylat Cruise?
i suppose, the thing is now we're getting less and less to discuss in terms of stges because we know less about them. but yeah, let me go eat dinner and take a dump, possibly watch england vs. USA in the world cup, adn ill do a write up on lylat, its one of my better stages (that's because of ike again)

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I've been thinking this for awhile that we need a new format to rate stages.

So for example Lylat

The Shape of the area - Tall ceiling, Large stage, short/medium sides.
  • Good against - chars that kill up, chars that prefer smaller stages to rack dmg.
  • Bad against - Light chars we like to kill up/difficult to kill, chars who can camp
The Stage - Long, uneven stage with 3 platforms
  • Good against - Chars who don't like platforms, chars who need to stay close.
  • Bad Against - Chars who do ^
The Edge - Tilting edge, thin vertical wall at ledge, no lip
  • Good against - People with generally poor recovery, people with vertical recovery
  • Bad against - ?
Jankystuff
Tilting Stage - Messes up recoveries, messes up tech-chases/followups
  • Good against - Diddy, Lucario the most imo
  • Bad against - Olimar, DK, MK (tilting stage helps Machtornado both off and on the stage imo)
Thin Floor - Attacks can go through the floor and stagespike near the edges.
  • Good against - Chars that like to edgeguard.
  • Bad against - Chars that can stagespike from the stage with janky hitboxes (Snake Up-tilt, MK - Fsmash, who knows what else)
Conclusion - blahblahblah

Idk i just wanted a new format q.q, someone who knows what they're talking about create some SOP.

Pretty much the first three points should be discussed for every stage, and THEN janky stuff imo. Someone do it for Smashville :D

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh-kay i'm back, the football was fun, i would like to ask our keeper wtf he was doing on usa's goal though...

lylat cruise:
+tilting ruins certain recoveries, but not ours (falco, fox, wolf, marth, zelda, EB kids)
+gimping becomes easier to do under the stage
+short, thin stage makes it easy to recover underneath
+surprisingly close side blastzone means easier kills with fair/bair/b-throw>laser
+platforms are HIGHER than the ones on battlefield so less characters can effectively pressure r.o.b on a platform (e.g: mario, fox)

=lively background can distract less focused players

-oddly slanted floor can cause unwanted bouncing from the laser
-tilting can cause the gyro to be awkward to pick up

i can't see this stage hindering r.o.b any more than it hinders other characters, other than maybe with gyro pickup, it's an odd stage because its almost battlefield, but with the slight tilting changing so much of the gameplay it makes it only a semi-neutral. this is THE stage to take falco to, seeing as its a pretty horrible matchup for us and he hates this stage, second only to wolf in ledge **** here (take him here too) sadly its common that any of those characters will ban this stage because if your recovery has a wierd ledgegrab, chances are this stage is the worst for you.
one small, wierd thing to note is the platforms are a little higher than the ones on battlefield, so if a character has a move which only just reaches through a platform on battlefield (such as falco's u-tilt) its probably not gonna hit you through the platform here, this does not effect r.o.b's platform pressure so it can only be an advantage.
overall, its not all that great, but not too shabby afterall, i would say its like the lovechild of battlefield and yoshi's island, but the bad things yoshi's has normally effect other characters more than it would effect you on yoshi's

character to take here:
wolf
falco
fox
zelda
lucario (possibly)
ice climbers

characters to NOT take here:
olimar (the dodgy ledges are more forgiving on tether recoveries than even r.o.b's)
DK (continues to have amazing platform pressure without messing up recovery)
MK (mega scrooging alert)
king dedede, when the stage is tilted upwards he can standing chain grab r.o.b

total rating: 6/10

contribution is needed, i'm not all that sharp on this stage

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
I agree with you, but this isn't the stage I prefer, so I don't know what to say. But take "straight-lined" recoveries here, like the characters Golden-psyco said. This stage gets the rating 6/10.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I agree with you, but this isn't the stage I prefer, so I don't know what to say. But take "straight-lined" recoveries here, like the characters Golden-psyco said. This stage gets the rating 6/10.
yeah, but some straight lined recoveries aren't so bad here, ikes works fine here (but that's because you cna sort of move during the animation) so only a few characters hate this for recovery

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
I hope this isn't going to be inactive... because this is really important.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
So we're on Lylat huh? Hmmm.....not a bad stage for ROB. The platforms are short enough for us to Utilt/smash and hit anyone. The tilting edges help our gimp game of characters that can't hang with us (Dream Land team). It's small, so camping isn't as comfortable on thi sstage, but it also emphasizes aerial combat in a sense, which ROB is no slouch at either. It gets a 6:10 for me. But avoid The Dream Land squad, ZSS, DK, Olimar, TL, and Snake here IMO.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
It would help if this was more organized/kept up to date, what stage are we even on anymore? It's definitely not Smashville.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It would help if this was more organized/kept up to date, what stage are we even on anymore? It's definitely not Smashville.
we're now on lylat, we've done fd, bf, sv, ps1, yi and now on lylat, so the 6th stage. of course ive inputted all my data, except for thsi one last thing:
r.o.b u-tilt does NOT go through the middle platform, turns out this one is a little higher than the other two

Heartstring

Smash Legend
just curious, but why do we not take any one with tethers to the stage?
the tilting only messes up characters with a linear recovery (by this i mean only travels in a straight line) such as fox, falco or wolf's recovery
now the thing with a tether recovery is that despite how easy it is to edgehog them, if its in range it will always auto-sweetspot the ledge, so minor tilting is-in the long run-probably going to be better for tether recovery
also gonig to add icies to the list of people to take here

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
Halberd works. fun to shark with riasing ariels. i tend to like it. just don't take Snake here. the second part of the stage is good for camping. and you can throw people into the combo cannon and into the bombs.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
How IS Halberd for ROB? I can only remember actually going there against two characters.

1st one: Snake mains cping me here and ******

2nd one: My first tourney, I cped a Fox main here and learned the matchup (Ftilt lol) and *****.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
really o.o seems like the low ceiling would hurt us since we barely kill with usmash/uthrow anyway. i guess certain angles of nair are easier to kill with but I have a hard time hitting with nair due to the platform in the middle (when it stops moving I mean).

i dont think its that great but thats just me =/

Silhouette

Smash Lord
The platform makes U-smash kills more practical.

and if they shield it its not like they can punish you, and if it pushes them off its a potential jab lock/Fsmash.

Top Bottom