• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*NEW* Official R.O.B. Boards Stage Discussion(Currently discussing Halberd) UPDATED!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If I still played Rob a lot I could handle this, but I am now busy with stuff.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I think you are the right person for this, or TheMike.
I don't want to handle another thread that needs to be often updated, but I can do so if nobody volunteers, though Golden-psyco will probably have this.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
as i said earlier, ive done all the stages that are legal in my country, and im not about to spew out a load of stuff i dont know about

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I could help out managing this thread since i got plenty of spare time. But yeah, I dont have admin powers to change posts :<,

But yeah if its possible to hyjack the first 3 posts of the thread and give them to me or Golden-psyco, we could make it active and keep it updated :3.

Unless we have to make a new thread.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
I could help out managing this thread since i got plenty of spare time. But yeah, I dont have admin powers to change posts :<,

But yeah if its possible to hyjack the first 3 posts of the thread and give them to me or Golden-psyco, we could make it active and keep it updated :3.

Unless we have to make a new thread.
A good idea! I hope a moderator reads this...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i could just make a new thread nad update it, or give it to leisha because i dunn how to do all the fancy arty things

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well I could make a new thread tomorrow, whatever is easiest xP

Just need to make sure its alright before I go remaking a thread

Anyone have any objections?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
none at all, just use the stuff ive already provided in this thread and save us all a ton of time

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
For as long as I've known ROB, he doesn't have that many bad stages. What I don't understand is why are his ratings so low for all the 5 stages in the OP? [Halberd is fine though]
I find Battlefield to be a bother sometimes because of the platforms, but any other stage isn't a 3.5 or a 6.5.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Ehh, it isn't closed. And can't you sticky the new one and unsticky this?

Edit: Dang, you're fast.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Beep Beep.

So mr. eric asked me to come comment on this while it was delfino. But now that its halberd I guess I'll comment on that.

I cp alot of people to halberd, as luigi, because of the low cielings (everything I do kills up) and the slanted sides give me some ability to camp with fireballs. I don't do this to rob anymore, mostly because it allows him the ability to pass through the bottom of the stage.

This presents multiple problems with luigi. First and most importantly, pressuring rob to and/or off the stage no longer means anything. I know rob pretty well, being from the midwest, so I enjoy taking advantage of rob's limited fuel and luigi's great aerials. There's not alot a rob can do to avoid taking quite a bit of damage from my bair when he's where I want him offstage. This isn't the case on halberd since you can just fly below me and get back to the stage from the middle. Now I'm the one without stage presence, ick. As slow as you think your airspeed might be, luigi is slower. Best case scenario I can catch rob with a tornado, do maybe 7 damage and pop him up above the stage. Not a great reward for the risk.

Second it allows rob to shoot lazers up through the stage at me. Which isn't a huge deal, but its obnoxious. And it can be hard to see coming the first couple times.

On top of it, its HYOOUGE. I don't want to work that hard to get to rob. Not even a little bit.

I don't think this would be a great cp for rob against luigi, nobody likes getting killed by nair at 105, and the platform is still fun times for luigi, but don't ban it either. It'd make for a pretty balanced neutral.

Most of the same things could be said for delfino. Except patient luigi play will gain an advantage on delfino, and unpatient luigi play will get monstersauced there. So if you think you're playing against a luigi that will try to push the issue on the stairs, or the island or the shine gate, you should take them apart there.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
So mr. eric asked me to come comment on this while it was delfino. But now that its halberd I guess I'll comment on that.

I cp alot of people to halberd, as luigi, because of the low cielings (everything I do kills up) and the slanted sides give me some ability to camp with fireballs. I don't do this to rob anymore, mostly because it allows him the ability to pass through the bottom of the stage.

This presents multiple problems with luigi. First and most importantly, pressuring rob to and/or off the stage no longer means anything. I know rob pretty well, being from the midwest, so I enjoy taking advantage of rob's limited fuel and luigi's great aerials. There's not alot a rob can do to avoid taking quite a bit of damage from my bair when he's where I want him offstage. This isn't the case on halberd since you can just fly below me and get back to the stage from the middle. Now I'm the one without stage presence, ick. As slow as you think your airspeed might be, luigi is slower. Best case scenario I can catch rob with a tornado, do maybe 7 damage and pop him up above the stage. Not a great reward for the risk.

Second it allows rob to shoot lazers up through the stage at me. Which isn't a huge deal, but its obnoxious. And it can be hard to see coming the first couple times.

On top of it, its HYOOUGE. I don't want to work that hard to get to rob. Not even a little bit.

I don't think this would be a great cp for rob against luigi, nobody likes getting killed by nair at 105, and the platform is still fun times for luigi, but don't ban it either. It'd make for a pretty balanced neutral.

Most of the same things could be said for delfino. Except patient luigi play will gain an advantage on delfino, and unpatient luigi play will get monstersauced there. So if you think you're playing against a luigi that will try to push the issue on the stairs, or the island or the shine gate, you should take them apart there.

Actually, this is the old thread, dunno why it's still used xD. BUT! i will still use this! If you still want to throw in on DP, you can. but since you did this, I <3 you to the moon =]
ty so much

Here's the new thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283620

and here's the DP specific thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284208

Top Bottom