• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Karu and BBQTV'S Final Round Arcade.

BBQTV

Smash Master
venue

entry fee: 5 dollars
Singles Fee: 10 dollars

SIGN-UPS AT 5:00 AND STARTS AT 6:30

THIS IS A DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT!

Singles (pot)
1st: 70%
2nd: 15%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

STARTERS
final destination
battlefield
smashvile
yoshi's island (BRAWL)
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
castle siege
Delfino Plaza
Pokémon Stadium

COUNTERPICK
frigate orpheon
Green Greens
Pokémon Stadium2
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat
Norfair
Brinstar

each person is allowed to have a 2 stock practice match before they begin

1st stage is picked either by random, both players agreement or players eliminating stages 1 by 1 until a neutral stage is agreed upon

-if a stage can not be decided upon, both players pick a stage and random is changed accordingly.

Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set.

if your controller is modified in a way that allows for some sort of cheating, you will be disqualified

in the event of a kirbycide, ganoncide, dedecide and bowsercide, the one who initiates the suicide wins

metaknight's infinite cape glich banned

no chain grabs past 300%

in the event of a time out the winner will be decided by stock then %

If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death wont be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.

Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

TOURNAMENT LIST
1.BBQTV

WIIS LIST
1.BBQTV

T.VS LIST
1.BBQTV

what people thought

I found it really fun. Haven't played offline seriously for a few months, so it was fun to get back in.

I think with a few more people we'll have enough for a legit singles tournament.
I definitely enjoyed the time being there. It was a very fun random tournament. Hopefully, we are able to get more people for next week and the weeks to come, so we would be able to have legitimate tournaments hosted. Honestly, Final Round Arcade has a copious amount of dormant potential that can achieve this goal. With the aid of others, we can set this as a reality.
Me and Puredrive had a pretty good time. Wish I couldve played Karu's falco lol. Fun friendlies, fun lil tourney, and Brawl minus is sick lol. Hope to go next time!

results for tournaments

1st tournament

xavi :snake:

BBQTV :kirby: :metaknight:

chris :toonlink:

karu :falco: :dk:

2nd Tournament

1.pure :fox:

2.GorditoBoy69 :falco: :metaknight:

3.BBQTV :kirby2: :metaknight:

4 paru :lucario: :falco:

5.karu :falco:

3rd Tournament

1.xavi :snake:
2.kyle :wario:
3.prue :fox:
4.BBQTV :kirby: :metaknight:
5.gorditoboy :falco:

4th Tournament

1.Kyle :wario:
2. BBQTV :metaknight: :kirby2:
3. SRK99 :pit:
4. Wrath :falco:
5.Xavii :snake:

5th Tournament

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11357575#post11357575

Last edited:

BBQTV

Smash Master
i'll bringing my wii too. i'll be there at 12:00

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah,wii+ brawl+regular TV is how we roll. And how everyone rolls for that matter.

I'll be there between 5:00 and 6:00 PM. Hope we get a bunch of people.

BBQTV

Smash Master
im posting from the arcade and im the only one here, hurry and get over here people!

BBQTV

Smash Master
ok so
random lol tourney results

xavi :snake:

BBQTV :kirby: :metaknight:

chris :toonlink:

karu :falco: :dk:

i know everyone enjoyed this so go ahead and say what you thought and we might put it in the OP

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
It's funny how we're pretty much the only two posters :D

I found it really fun. Haven't played offline seriously for a few months, so it was fun to get back in.

I think with a few more people we'll have enough for a legit singles tournament.

Chris_Breezy

Smash Rookie
I definitely enjoyed the time being there. It was a very fun random tournament. Hopefully, we are able to get more people for next week and the weeks to come, so we would be able to have legitimate tournaments hosted. Honestly, Final Round Arcade has a copious amount of dormant potential that can achieve this goal. With the aid of others, we can set this as a reality.

BBQTV

Smash Master
well untill karu logs in we cant update the OP. anyway hype up this ****!

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to play alot. Maybe 12 if anyone else comes at that time.
Edit- I've really been wanting to play and I cannot stand playing computers.

BBQTV

Smash Master
last Thursday was the first time this started and i came at 12 and no one came till around 4 or 5

BBQTV

Smash Master
i'll be there around 12 though

since im helping organize this

BBQTV

Smash Master
i should be free most of the time, infact i was free and very bored the whole time

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
So I'll come at 12. I hope you don't mind but I've never actually played brawl. Atleast not competitively. So I'm not very good.

KaZeKaRu(Final Round)

Smash Cadet
Yo BBQ how's it going? To everyone else I would like to thank everyone that showed up on thursday. It was G0dlik3!!!! I hope to see everyone again next thursday. I am glad that everyone enjoyed thursday and that they were happy with the venue. BBQ you can Update the OP if you like. Thanks for helping me out. I really appreciate it.

BBQTV

Smash Master
im bringing a tv next time and i'll be coming at the same time as last time. and i asked a mod to let be control this thread since you said you have problems getting online or something

KaZeKaRu(Final Round)

Smash Cadet
Yeah that is fine I am at the arcade this the only way that I can check the forums out for now until my internet gets fixed. I am working on getting a t.v. as well and my boss said he'll try to get one as well.

BBQTV

Smash Master
how could this thread be on the second page?
then again you guys are not veryactive

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'll be in Miami between the 11th and 18th of August if I remember correctly, so hopefully see some of you guys then. Also, why is there an entry fee for a smashfest?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, I mean, is it a tournament, AKA is there a pot that is being won, or is it a smashfest, AKA people just playing for fun, in which case what is the fee for? IDK, I've never seen a fee on a smashfest. That being said, I'm not going to let $5 stop me from playing with FL smashers while I'm there.

BBQTV

Smash Master
the 5 bucks is door fee.if you come at 12:00 noon you get the most out of those 5 bucks. 5 bucks for all day brawling

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
ohhh... Hmmm... I'll pay it anyway, but I personally feel an entry fee for a smashfest is BS.

BBQTV

Smash Master
maybe you should tell karu about this. he is the one who started this, im helping him run this

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Doesn't he check? If not I'll whine about it when I get there, then pay and have fun nonetheless.

BBQTV

Smash Master
he cant come online that much but his phone number is in the op. reading that made me lol

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Theres an entry fee at ZP. It's just a little bit of cash going to the venue. It's not like he's hosting it at his house. It's a business.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ahhhhh... Okay, that makes more sense then. My bad, I should have read the OP more carefully.

Top Bottom