• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Don't...

sorasin

Smash Apprentice
Falco's jab is definitely one of the main reasons he's so high on the tier list. Jab canceling is undoubtedly a great way to mix up your game and work your opponent. Personally my preferred combo is jab cancel one or two times to jab cancel > fsmash. Its possible to escape but if your opponent doesn't catch it its a great killer.

Btw DEHF sorry we didn't get to friendly finally. Are you by chance going to Raleigh in August?

That is something I do not really understand. It's alright to use those moves every so often because people never expect it. The key to this game is to mix it up right, then do that. AAA -> shine is legit. Be more unpredictable! But be smart about it though...

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
You guys should ask Larry about that time at MLG Orlando when him and I talked to the Dr.Pepper girls.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
:(

you told me not to use jab much!!!!

i now use it as a "gtfo me" move.

but i really like jab................

ima use it more Mr. Lurr!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This is about Falco's jab, not verbal jabs.

While the latter is funnier, please stop.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I know you guys know about this (since I was the one who did the testing with a few others) but here's a friendly reminder about how fast jab cancels are. I have yet to see someone do anything but Up B OOS as Marth/MK or roll away while getting jab cancel stringed.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cxeaALuAMA

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I know you guys know about this (since I was the one who did the testing with a few others) but here's a friendly reminder about how fast jab cancels are. I have yet to see someone do anything but Up B OOS as Marth/MK or roll away while getting jab cancel stringed.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cxeaALuAMA
A nice reminder. I should probably try that more often.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
LOL @ Atomsk what can I say, Mew2king is my role model

Acton they can SDI out of the jab cancels, but doing that may result in them inputting a move they didn't want to do if they don't get hit while trying to SDI.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
They can, but then they're not going to be able to hit you since you got them away from you. It's also pretty hard to smash DI a move like that unless you do it that many times. usually a jab, double jab, jab, ftilt works wonders and thats like 25%. The difference between 80 and 105 vs mk or 130 and 155 vs snake is astronomical. You can grab if you think they're going to shield the ftilt and with 2 pummels, it does 30% into dthrow possible bdacus set up vs mk.
Pro-tip:
One jab pulls them closer; 2 jabs push away.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
I just tried a few double jab + single jab mix-ups against cpus.
It actually worked pretty well. Tomorrow I'm gonna try against friends.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I jab so so so much. Whenever I'm not sure what I should do next, I jab. It's so good for throwing them off and for racking up damage too =O

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
i guess jabbing is very important in life we all should jab someone sometimes huh like ur at a tourney and their is some loud mouth smasher just trash talking dehf just jab'em and then if they try to hit back jab again them he will want to run away aka SDI so everyone one day just jab some thing or someone.xD lol

Rel0ad

Smash Rookie
you can do so much poo out of a jab or jjc, if a falco doesn't jab you lose so much potentiol ._.

AGENT-DOUBLE-D

Smash Rookie
jab is really quick and can mess up an enemy's flow, really should be used more, but isnt because alot of people forget the fundamentals

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
I've wanted to see a match of you V Larry. Too bad you both suck too much to make it to each other.

I love jab. I use it an average amount of time I'd say. Probably could use it a bit more.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I've wanted to see a match of you V Larry. Too bad you both suck too much to make it to each other.

I love jab. I use it an average amount of time I'd say. Probably could use it a bit more.
Nobody has heard of the legendary story, but fear not I shall tell you. Gather round young falcos.

At genesis, I did not drop a game to the top 3 flacoz I played that day in tournament sets XD. I played kismet in bracket, SK92 in late bracket, and larry for the tie for 5th. I won them all 2-0!!

..FEAR ME.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Nobody has heard of the legendary story, but fear not I shall tell you. Gather round young falcos.

At genesis, I did not drop a game to the top 3 flacoz I played that day in tournament sets XD. I played kismet in bracket, SK92 in late bracket, and larry for the tie for 5th. I won them all 2-0!!

..FEAR ME.
LOL you ****** that was such a long time ago, play me again.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.

..FEAR ME.
*Metal is too scared to roast marshmallows around the camp fire after hearing this harrowing tale*

Choice

Smash Champion
didnt felix take a match off your diddy with falco, ADHD?

Top Bottom