• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Mains Interview Thread! Interview: TooBusyToCare!

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
dude orange biker is orange crush!

it goes like this

red biker = Big red.

Green biker = Wario finniegan

Blue biker = Wario springsteen

Orange biker = Orange crush

Black and red biker = Hot topic wario

then the classic outfits are like,

sailor= sexy party wario

Chocolate = U.P.S wario (when you waft someone you can say "what can brown do for youuuuuu!")

Green= vomit wario

Classic purple = Sugar.water.purple.

red and blue = mario wario

and the cotton candy one is just cotton candy, enjoy it.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
If/when I get a combo video made I'll attempt a bike trick guide of the well known and not so well known tricks. To answer your question tho, I learned most of my stuff from playing in tourneys, against friends from Purdue, so on... The only real big trick I learned from someone else besides the basics from BobMan, was the throw the tire up, grab, d-throw, let the tire hit them, use a finisher move (Fsmash or waft). That's from hunger I believe.

@Fiction... You are correct sir! It just soooo happens.. I learn something new everyday! XD Lots of characters to test on...etc.

I might even work on tricks that opponents can use with the bike against Wario...

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Krystedez

Q. How did it feel to get DQ'd by Sky?:

A. Felt good bro. /sarcasm

No, I'm sorry, I was just joking around. You want my serious answers, here.

Q. Why wario?:

A. Wario's attack style is very crazy and disjointed. I love his aerial prowess and ability to move throughout the air freely without issue. He just feels right for me. Plus I picked him up as soon as I started feeling like his movement was in tune with my own. He didn't have that big of a learning curve as people think now, either, but it did take a while for me to actually get good with him.

Q. What's your favorite match up?:

A. I love facing Warios with other characters, because I can use the bike against them (Pit and Sonic come to mind, my two seconds). I also like Wario dittos, and Wario vs Falco/Luigi/Metaknight/Marth/Donkey Kong/Peach/Diddy Kong/Snake Those are my favorites in order from best to least. The rest I'm pretty neutral on somewhat.

Q. What's your least favorite match up?:

A. I can not stand facing Dedede at times, but I've learned to approach him better now so it's not that big of a deal. Olimar is a bit a weird matchup too and I don't like having to avoid a bunch of little creatures being thrown at me all day and him running away. My least least favorite matchup is actually Fox, I don't like having to chase him around all day because he runs better than me, and can spam lasers, and doesn't afraid of my floaty defenses and bike. I'm more afraid of his upsmash than he is afraid of anything I have sometimes. I know Wario is better in the MU, I just don't like facing him. It's boring.

Q. A lot of people say that your style of wario is unorthodox how does that make you feel?:

A. Feels gewd man. Nah kidding, but I don't really care. If you really have a problem with my style, take it up with the results I been getting. Hell Ally even got the right idea. If he totally mained him (him being bike!), I think Ally wouldn't need Snake. I think that Wario's bike is an awesome addition to his moveset and needs no further explanation than already given. It's too good, and doesn't have a lot of counters if you know how to use it and when to use it.

Q. You used to play wifi a lot what do you think of the whole wifi vs offline stuff?

A. Wifi is fun for matchup experience. Don't take it too seriously. I did, and I wasted a whole summer and made myself angry almost every day. Since I been going to tourneys and stuff I feel like I've had a lot of better experience and fun. Wifi was my training grounds. Tourneys are my proving grounds.

Q. Would you ever go to another MLG event?:

A. To be honest, I would, if I had the money and time. Raleigh is right around the corner, but I'll be in college then and I really need to focus on my studies. However, it IS the first or second week of classes; if I somehow were able to get material for those days and come back alright, I would definitely go... But it'd be plane ride probably....

It would be better if I had someone to go with.

Q. What advice would you have for a new Wario player?:

A. Please please please learn wario the right away. By that I mean, learn how to use HIM first, then learn his tricks, including the bike. So many people try to just pick up wario and learn him because of the bike tricks and stuff. You have to learn to crawl before you walk. In this case, they're trying to go from crawling to running!

For wario, the best thing you can do is just practice a lot of his aerials and combat in the air. Try to learn how he moves, how you use him depends on how he feels in your hands (no homo). Just do your best to learn specific matchups later and then eventually the bike. You DONT HAVE TO LEARN THE BIKE to be good with wario. But it **** well helps.

Q. you have any Wario mains that you looked up to?:

A. To be honest, wifi really kinda sheltered me from too many good warios that I could personally play. As far as actual idols in the world of smash, I guess my big ones are definitely TheRealBobMan online, since we never played, but I was exposed to how good the bike was with his guides.

And then when I started getting tourney experience I really enjoyed seeing Hunger place high in IL.. That sorta made me strive to keep going to tourneys, knowing wario has a lot on his side to help him place well. Bassem and Blast are some of my favorite Warios I played online.

If you asked me who I looked up to in general, I would say Ally, he really helped me get my mindset to keep getting better because of how much he kicked my *** online all the time! XD He introduced me to the real competitive and social community on AiB. He also Wario ditto'd me at one point too, I think he tried to steal my Wario champ title at Gamefaqs!

Q. How did you acquire the patience to play so much wifi?:

A. Patience? PATIENCE??? Hahah..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

No patience required, just a very high and intense endurance for pain and misery.

In all seriousness though, all you really need to do is figure out your best opponents for connection, and play them. In freeplay that may be the best idea. For ranked matches...just play and don't complain or you'll find yourself throwing your controller down in annoyance. Don't try to comfort other players, just say ggs, or dont say anything at all.

Q. Would you say that wifi helped get you to where you are today?:

A. Pretty much. If it wasn't for players like those at Gamefaqs that helped me, the championship character fights for who was best at the ditto and whatnot, along with players like Ally who drifted me over to AiB and the likes, I wouldn't be where I'm at. I'd be playing at the same level most others do who dont have friends to play all the time.

Q. Have you have you played Wario's Woods, or any of the Warioware inc games?:

A. Yes, Wario's Woods. Very cool game, loved playing it on animal crossing time to time. Warioware inc games are cool too but I don't really care too much for them as I do regular games.
;D

Kryz is the best! <3:

That's not a question! o_o... But thank you! :D

Q. Kryst: where did your name come from?

A. I was trying to make up a name that sounded celtic like, but I failed. Instead I came up with what you see now today. My friend from high school thought it was very original so I kept it. It's the name of my human avatar for my story I made up in my head. The other version of the avatar, Spectrum, whom I am mostly known by my friends from before I got into brawl and stuff, is the anthropomorphic or were fox avatar that I usually use for stuff, and is the reincarnation of Krystedez. There's a big story behind all that lol.

Q. Did you play any other games seriously before smash?:

A. Not really, I've played a little of all kinds of fighting games and stuff, nothing as competitively though.

Q. did u play melee?:

A. Yes, still do on occasion, not competitively though. I main Mewtwo, Mario, Fox, Young Link.

Q. whats you most fav retro game?

A. Gotta be between Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Rocket Knight Adventures. I also love Super Mario Bros 3 and. dot. dot. dot..no idea why I put and here.

Q. Fav music type? song/ artist/ genre?:

A. I love Techno, Epic, Rock, Oldies (50's, 60's...), Metal, and Orchestra. I also like other stuff, I just dont care for Rap or Country.

Q. Fav movie?

A. I have a soft spot for disney movies and cartoons. My favorite cartoon animated film is Brother Bear.
An old favorite I love is Secret of Nimh.
For other animated movies, I guess I really liked How to Train Your Dragon, Wall-E, Bolt, Up, and even Princess and the Frog.

Favorite one of the most recent actual real-action films, DISTRICT 9. Omg wow that was mind-blowing.

Q. Fav show? (not anime)

A. Um. I like Smallville and Supernatural, even tho I hardly watch TV now.

Q. Kryst how did you get so cute:

A. Cute? Really? Um... I guess giving myself the sense that I can reach a proper amount of ingenuity and still at the same time be modest as possible let's me be "cute"... also, trying to achieve impossible goals and being totally naive let's me be-

...what, why are you looking at me like that? I thought it was a serious question!

Q. Krystedez, when are you gonna come back to IL for a tourney!?:

A. Oh wow really this question again? No Im kidding, seriously though I dont know man. If another tourney is held in Chicago or somewhere closer to the border the maybe. Chicago was a heck of a drive and mentally draining. if you have any personal reccomendations for a tourney hit me up at my AIM or something @ Spectrum980.

Q. Does your dad still have that awesome mustache?:

A. Yeah he does, albeit it's a bit less bushy because he shaved it all off one day (WOW) and then grew it right back.

Q. How do you approach the Falco MU with your playstyle since he is so well adapted to stop a lot of bike tricks?:

A. Falco is hard to fight, not lying, but I love the MU like I love fighting MK, it's all a challenge and forces you to be careful/think harder. I think that for the most part baiting moves that are his best air approaches like bair and dair, allow you to punish easier, and making sure you don't get caught in his CG will help a lot in the long run. The more uncomfortable he gets with his supposedly safe moves, and if he can't grab you before 20-30 percent, the more impatient they get sometimes and try so hard to rack damage by jumping at you. With the bike, I've figured out you can only do one thing with it; mind game or set up a trap. You can't be too aggressive with the bike, it's near impossible against a smart reflector. Just be careful, and watch when he is going to use the reflector.

Q. Have you ever played Brawl minus? If so, what do you think?:

A. Hell yea, funner than hell, I love it. I think my favorite characters are Wolf (he's like a DBZ warrior!), Pit (the arrows!) and Toon Link (reminds me so much of Wind Waker!)

Q. Are you coming back to Ohio any time soon? I want to money match you.:

A. Showdown this weekend, thats it, far as I know. hope you're goin?

Q. Thoughts on the Marth MU?:

A. Too much overestimation on Marth's part from the general consensus. I think it's about 50-50, maybe better for wario's favor in certain cases. He may have range but we have a lot of options, and the bike is not to be forgotten here. Just dont get grabbed by his ***** *** grab.

Q. Thoughts on the Sheik MU now that you've played Judo?:

A. Harder than the marth matchup o.o I'd say Judo is a great player as well. It was so close I thought I was going to **** myself. Shiek has to be one of the hardest MU's I've played even on wifi.

Q. How do you feel about the Midwest as a region? (Midwest East, at least lolz):

A. I love MW. There are a lot of great and fun people here and awesome competition, some big names, and also we are the most underrated region in my opinion.

Q. Also do you have any secondaries? o_o:

A. Pit, Sonic, and most recently I been picking up Samus now. I know, right? o_o; I play with all kinds of characters, though, I can also play as Olimar and Wolf, and a little bit as Snake. I thnk my olimar is probably better than my Sonic and on down. I just don't like playing as him that much.

Q. What is your least favorite match up?:

A. Already been answered, albeit a bit too lengthy, I do not like playing Fox.

Q. What is your favorite pokemon?:

A. Mew. Next in line is Manectric. Gotta love electric types. Plus it's a doggy-like pokemon. XD

Q. How can mk beat Wario? :'(-:

A. Play super campy, don't approach, make wario approach, attempt to wall off all of Wario's aerials. walk away from Wario when he tries something funny, and be spot on with all your kill moves. Campy/Defensive MKs are the worst for Warios.

Q. kryz why the chocolate wario outfit? :o:

A. To be honest, I don't know lol. I just picked the color most neutral next to white, since at the time people chose white a lot. Now it's the opposite. When I change colors though it kinda distracts me, so I just tell people that, and they be quiet about it >_>;

Q. krys why are you so nice ? With all the sh*t you're getting from people for beating DEHF why not just tell them to eat a d*ck?:

A. Um... Not sure how to answer this question simply because of it being on a personal level. . . I just try to be nice to everyone. I might get upset at times, but it's not worth my salt (lol) to contribute any more negative emotion to the table then already there.

We can move on from the whole DEHF thing. If people really want to talk about it more that's fine, but count me out of it from here on out unless we're being reasonable about the match itself, not the win.

Q. Krys when are we going to team? I can give you TWO bikes ;D.:

A. oh **** oh dear. You know what I think two bikes would be awesome. If I don't get Count to team with me in the next event or something happens I think I might just do that!

Q. Krystedez who is your favorite Wario? (can't say yourself lol)

A. Mmm... so far, after playing in Showdown against a couple of our warios, and playing tons of others on wifi and some tourneys, I think right now I'm pretty astounded at Hunger's wario. his is the only one I've seen (besides Ally who just started randomly showing his skills off with him) that has developed his tire game to a near full extent.

I was pretty astounded that a lot of the moves and patterns I use were being used against me, some of them more fleshed out like the d-throw tire-glide-toss to fsmash and the the tire up in the air, d-throw, they get hit, fsmash/fart... He claps far more than I do, has impeccable timing and reading skills, and essentially is da bess. I love his wario. He is a very honorable player too, we both made it clear that Grab Releases are not an essential part of our games, so we just played without them. Much funner.

Yeah, right now, it's gotta be Hunger. Close behind is Blue Rogue. I like all my wario bros.

But, truthfully, Hunger doesn't have the bike prowess I do quite yet... He's just really ****ing good with Wario though. That's what's important, I'm just a lowly bike main XD

Q. What is your opinion of the Peach matchup at this point in time?:

A. Good. I like this matchup. It's very frustrating if you rush in blindly, but otherwise, it's quite a close match. I don't think it's peach's favor, I'm even close to saying 55-45 wario, simply because of bike shenanigans, but that's just me.

I need to play, like, THE best Peach players period. Beef, you were who I heard of first...Now who is better than you?! :D!!!

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Snap

Q. Snap: what happened to crackle & pop?

A. They had some terrible DI

Q. Who is your favorite wario player?

A. To watch? Krsytadez lately. Hes sooo crazy haha. Reflex was like, inspirational, along with fiction of course.

But to hang with I gotta go with my ***** BMX.

and you dyno ;P and on the boards i gotta say almost legendary

Q. When did you start playing smash?

A. about three months pre brawl drop date, I was playing melee and heard that there was a tournament scene for it. Then brawl came out and wanting to know more about the game I came across smashboards through google. next thing you know i was at my first tourney.

Q. Why smash over any other game?

A. Hm, unless its melee i wouldnt put smash above any other game. No offense. I actually play a lot of games on a competive level and live for competion. Even at smash tournaments im always challenging people to ridiculous money matches. Like, 20 plus dollars. haha. I guess smash has the best community and best tourney scene. out of ANY game ive played thus far though.

Q. Why wario over any other character?

A. Well i played fox and falco for a long time(star fox series is my second favorite gaming series) before picking up wario, Even though wario ware is also one of my favorite gaming series. I played around with him a bit and found him gimmicky, but i was quickly proven wrong, I honestly ignored him up until reflex beat M2K. I watched that video and thought to myself "wow i never knew anything about brawl and nothing is the same and never will be ever again" And then it was game over.

Q. How are you going to make your way go GA again? < was mad fun last time.

A. One day buddy, im good now. before i took a hiatus from brawl i was beating a lot of mad good NC people. Ive been looking to play some brawl lately now that Kadajj lives in my neck of the woods i have some real pro status practice. Ive been playing MK a little bit lately, dont hate me guys haha i just really hate D3

Q. Snap- Why do you hate me?

A. Your actually one of the posters I like, i think your doing a good job with this thread and that it was a fantastic idea. I also like a lot of your ideas about the wario community should do for one another. Honestly this forum would be better off with more people like you.

besides arent we friends on facebook? haha.

Q. Why did you not team with me?

A. Well buddy, at pound i was playing my pools matches and this guy came up to me and said he had seen my combo video and liked it a lot, and wanted to know if he paid for doubles if i would team with him, i couldnt say no to a fan. especially someone i had never heard of. next time for sure buddy.

Q. Favorite/Least Favorite Stage and Match-ups?

A. My favorite stage is smashville. its just the most neutral and fun stage for me because i just... always **** there.

well lets see about least favorite... Lylat, that stage is sooo balls. I hate it. haha. and i suppose castle siege is a close second. what a terrible stage.

Favorite matchup in the game is Donkey Kong, i have so much fun fighting donkey kong. and snake, snake is also sooo fun. Diddy kong is another one that i like playing a lot.

Least favorite is D3, god ****ing **** D3. god **** him so hard. **** **** **** and ******* that is D3 **** D3. I will say that DDD doesnt have a lot of good matchups and is really hard to kill with and is very over rapted. but he ***** wario. rushdown wario at least.

And metaknight. no fun no fun.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I know, I know...I'm sorry I let it suffer from a near death experience.

It's really just been business/laziness on my part...

I know we have some newcomers to interview!

Plus we need Lord Chair, TBTC, and Damage Points as well!

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Yeah sure, though any sort of interview would be of a higher quality AFTER I've been to Apex.

Makes for more interesting questions regarding Europe-US metagame differences, and my opinions on the American scene.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
That sounds good to me.

I guess as Silent Boxer posts more or any other newcomer for that matter, we will interview them in due time.

EDIT: ORRRRRRR, TBTC/DP could come in and share their opinions and answer if they wanna be interviewed or not.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
tedeth do you plan on coming to America for tournies?

What are you ranked in Australia #1? Or does Shaya have that title ?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
So Tedeth, what do you think the over all skill level is in Australia, i mean, i know of you and shaya, but not really anyone else. Who else you guys have?

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Tedeth, what is your playstyle? What do you do the most? What is your favorite Move, Stage, and Match-up?

What do you think of the top American Warios and how do they compare to you in your opinion?

tedeth

Smash Master
Double post but whatevs.

So this is a fairly short interview, with 4 people asking actual questions in 5 posts and the same questions coming up a couple of times, but I'll answer them anyway. :p

Tedeth,

What's it like living in Austrailia?

Why Wario

Favorite Matchups,Stages, Moves...?
Australia is awesome. We have amazing beaches and heaps unique qildlife and stuff. Also many attractive ladies to go on our attractive beaches.
We also have a pretty unique food culture here. I remember in America nobody had any idea what beef pies were, but over here beef pies are like a mad Australian staple food. Also we put beetroot (I believe you call them beets?) on our burgers which is amazing.
Gets pretty hot in summer and stuff.

Wario kinda came to me. I used to main only Wolf for a long time, then one day I was playing random on wifi (a habit I have since kicked) and I got Wario and I was like "Wow this character is amazingly fun to play" so I started seconding him. Since then I've played more and more Wario and now I really only use Wolf to counter MUs I don't like with Wario or use him on noobs to do amazing things like blaster -> dair.

My favorite MUs are probably Snake and Marth. Probably because I've played them so much. Ironically my Wario is seeen as a bit of a Marth killer over here somehow. lol.
My favorite stages. Hmmmm. Always a fan of SV and BF. FD for MK. I also really like Frigate against alot of characters. Oh and pictochat rocks my world esp in doubles.
As for my favorite moves, I find myself using ftilt alot more than most of the Warios I see. I often chuck it out when my opponent in trying to get off the edge and I can hit with it surprisingly often. Good on Marth and MK in that situaionf. Alsoa massive fan of nair and dair but who isn't.

tedeth do you plan on coming to America for tournies?

What are you ranked in Australia #1? Or does Shaya have that title ?
I went to Genesis and Evo last year. I played really badly overall. Since then I have improved out of sight though. I think alot of this was because I went to America and saw what play of that level is like. Also 2 solid weeks of being taught by Havok is helpfull lol.

In Australia there is no clear cut #1 in Australia. At the moment I consider it to be between 3 people. Myself, Tibs (Diddy) and Corpsecreate (Toon Link). Tibs is the best player down in Melbourne who I have played a few times this year and we go basically even depending on how we're playing on the day. Corpsecreate won our national championship last year but is considered the only top player on the west coast so nobody over here has had much exposure to him. That being said, when he won our championship, he didn't get to play me OR Shaya and alot of people think he would have lost to both of us seeing as the people he beat have never played against a TL before.
Shaya is very close to this 3 though and he could take ony of us out at any given tourney.

How has Fencing helped you in Smash?
Fencing has helped my game alot. It's a sport that requires a similar mindset to smash and to Wario in particular. It's about feinting and perfect spacing. Waiting for your opportunity to get that hit then moving away. As a shorter fencing I can use alot of my distance based fencing theories with Wario to do with safe zones and zones hta are advantageous to me etc.

So Tedeth, what do you think the over all skill level is in Australia, i mean, i know of you and shaya, but not really anyone else. Who else you guys have?
The overall skill level in Australia is not as good as the overall skill level in America purey because of 1 thing. Population. As any good player will agree. Sone people have it and some people don't. You can train yourself to improve but without the natural talent for the game you're always going to struggle to beat the top players. In Australia we have a much smaller population which leads to a much smaller amount of good players. This means our good players have fewer other good players to practice with and thus don't improve as much as say, good players in the American scene would.
That being said, we are improving constantly. As this stage I'd say our top players would surprise alot of America's good players for sure.

We have a good amount of players down here that could give me a run for my money. Some of the one that I havn't mentioned that spring to mind are ZXV (Peach (I hate peach)), Luke Atyeo (Snake), Metoer Master (Ness/Sonic (God of low tier)), Attila (Snake), Amaterasu (MK) and many others.

Tedeth, what is your playstyle? What do you do the most? What is your favorite Move, Stage, and Match-up?

What do you think of the top American Warios and how do they compare to you in your opinion?
I'd describe my playstyle as "patient". I wouldn't go as far as to say I try to time matches out. But if there's no need for me to approach I certainly won't be approaching. Of course if I need to time out a match I'm happy to do so.
My real "style" as such though uses alot of weaving in and out of range with airdodges and quick aerials untill I can see an opening where I can get a quick combo off and retreat again. I'd say I play a pretty standard style for a Wario, but maybe more patient than most.
Already talked about moves, stages, MUs.

As for the top American Warios question, I'm a pretty humble guy and don't like to compare myself to others too much, but I'd consider myself to be a high level Wario overall.

Argh I re-wrote that last part like 5 times because I hate being asked questions like that lol. No correct way to answer. :p

Wow some of my answers were really long. :S

Top Bottom