• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m-1, 14, 28] avril lavigne mafia - over

Overswarm

is laughing at you
my language towards os is just a pastime cuz i consider him the embodiment of dumb or scum and largely use his votes on any player he thinks is scum at any given time as an indicator that that player is likelier to be protown. but we seem to want to keep him around for a bit so im okay with letting him run his mouth a little more. not like there arent other good plays present

:p

The scum list you showed was after KevinM had used an ability that made Riddle (tracker) see ME (town) killing a member of my own neighborhood (flipped Town); if I hadn't seen Riddle as scum, I'd have been a pretty bad player. His defense was literally "no I'm not".

Do you make a habit of trying to undermine other players and damage their credibility in a game? You've pretty much been inactive here and haven't really done much at all.

i like how os builds a case based on someone harping on inactives and then tries to ignore leads in favor of pressuring someone that isnt active enough for him
Inactivity is a valid concern, just not one that should overshadow all others.

You and Omni both are playing very poorly for such supposedly good players. :\

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vote: Kirby-bot

L-2

Was waiting for an explanation from either player with regards to Omni's #202. I've seen both post around these boards as well.
Omni said:
uh

you're content with me being lynched
but you think i'm leaning town
and you're not getting any major scum reads
altho there are several people who have yet to even post and give you reads
so ultimately you'd be fine with lynching off someone whom you believe is leaning towards town
For reference so we don't have to go back a page.

Kirby-bot do you-

Who am I kidding.

Clownbot, do you have any sort of defense? Do you have any reads?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
since i have a bit of time and enough people find OS' wall of text to have enough credibility i'll couple my response to OS' in a response to Frozen here.

OS has some seriously good analysis on Omni. Like, rock solid. He brings a lot of good logic to the table and pretty accurately calls Omni out on things he IS guilty of, such has leaving a lot of shallow trails, harping mostly on inactives, etc. This isn't to say that the behaviors OS called Omni out on are true in totality, but as a general rule so far, what OS points out isn't misrepresentation of Omni at all.
good analysis? rock solid? i didnt think you of all people would agree to that. let's count the ways in order:

Your "random questions" is like adumbrodeus' statistical stuff. It only works in a few scenarios, otherwise it is just pointless drivel that doesn't create any solid connections in any way. It might help you but it doesn't help town.
failing to realize that it was an attempt (successful at that) to get out of the RVS.

By your own admission, you haven't been scum hunting at this point and have contributed little, if anything, to the game.
suggesting that a person who's actively trying to get the game starting has contributed nothing. at this point, i've already began getting Zensei to talk and redirected my questioning of Zensei to you (Frozen) which was backed by Tom. actually contributing "little, if anything" = just about half of the cast at this point including OS himself. frozen, do you agree with this statement?

Nice scum hunting. Asking questions to people you don't know that only help you, the only investigative question practically being OMGUS because it is on someone that calls you out for posting WIFOM-laced questions, two complaints on one inactive, a complaint on another inactive, and a vote on yet another.

You're practically a powerhouse, except you could have replaced most of what you've done with saying "@mod, can you prod (name)?" and by using the search feature on smashboards.
failing to realize that's near impossible to scumhunt when half the game decides not to talk AND the game is extremely early into Day 1. asking questions to exit RVS and stir up ANY kind of discussion, involving you (Frozen) in the mix about my interaction with Zensei, and putting placeholder votes on inactives to encourage them to start playing the game.

but i guess i could come in mid Day 1 and argue that someone hasn't "done anything" purposely ignoring that almost everyone has done nothing. what Overswarm thinks he finds me guilty of can be applied to a multitude of players however because he's only focused on me he attempts to paint it into a bad light and apply it to me.

again, finding it amusing that someone who hasn't done jackdilly is accusing someone else of also doing jackdilly.

ALL of your questions have served no purpose other than to make YOU feel more comfortable by your own admission.
im going to go ahead and post ALL of my questions up to this point.

@zensei and xonar: obligatory "who the **** are you" procedure. how long have you been playing mafia? how many games? if you were scum who in this game would you choose to be your scumbuddy?
getting myself and the rest of the game familiar with how experienced/inexperienced these players are. if i received an answer that Meta-Kirby, for example, is a very experienced player only for him introduce himself with my pressure on him in the way that he did something wouldn't add up. the fact that i knew that Meta-Kirby was slightly new helped me to determine if his reaction was scummy or chummy. also and RVS exiter question

@marshy: you've hosted enough games to be familiar with these guys. who are the two weakest players in this game
attempting to distinguish the weakest players in the game so if a toss-up occurs i can feel comfortable leaning one way or the other. also interested to see Marshy's thoughts on the weakest players and wanted to see if anyone else disagreed with his choices. also, a main RVS exiter question

Why would I be a good choice? I don't understand your choice for picking me.
in response to Zensei's: "uh idk how about you". this struck me as intriguingly odd since the interaction between Zensei and myself has been a bare minimum and he's only seen me play less than 3/4's of a game (Code Geass). purpose of this question is to gain understanding as to why Zensei would make an unusual selection of having me as scum.

do you really care?
in response to Vander's: "why the pale green color?" interesting. i'm attempting to leave the RVS stage and i have Vander asking me a question that... does... nothing? i recall that my first post in the game was "bringing back that palegreen" so if that was indicative enough of why i was using green im not sure what would be. even if i hadn't hinted to it again, why does the color of my font matter in the least bit? you **** right imma ask this question

xonar, who are you talking to, and wtf are you talking about?
in response to Xonar's post:

Rofl I'm just so lazy in mafia games that I don't get any rep.
I'm no fun anyway, I never get lynched
(muahahahahaha)
i think the purpose of my question (and for some reason im the only person who questioned Xonar) is clear.

well u tell me frozen. do u see anything strange about zensei's answer to my question
in response to Frozen suggesting that my questions are WIFOM null-tells. at this point i clearly had an issue with Zensei pointing me out as his scumbuddy pick when i was under the impression that he had way more interaction with the rest of the players in the cast since i don't recall having much interaction with him at all. i found it strange. tom wanted you (Frozen) to also answer this question and it was a way for me to get you to start talking more about the players and their interactions (me and Zensei) instead of you just commenting on how someone's RVS exiter questions are WIFOM null-tells.

can you stop being lazy and give me more detail? also, explain why macman.
in response to Xonar's response: "a lot, alot, macman". purpose of this question is clear. xonar, start playing the game please and also please answer the question sufficiently so i can understand your thought process a bit better

@OS: you done actively coasting? your presence is there but there hasn't been any content to any of your posts all game and you seem to be contributing in other mafia games. must be difficult to get things going when you're scum
in response to Overswarm posting in other mafia games but ignoring this one entirely. calling him out on his active coasting and taunting him a bit to get him posting in the game. i'll never hesitate to call out active coasting players since i think those are the most dangerous/scummy kind of inactives

do you still agree with OS' statement, Frozen?

ALL of your questions have served no purpose other than to make YOU feel more comfortable by your own admission.
because you seem to think that Overswarm has performed a good analysis of my game thus far which strikes me as odd since i think it's horrible.

And yes, the spotlight is negative when ALL DAY you go on about it and no other discussion can surface. You're very loud, Omni.
failing or refusing to acknowledge/notice that the majority of the discussion was actually stemmed from me. also suggesting that the entire game up to this point has been nothing but inactive talk. hardly. i have and i will harp on inactives early game to step up their ****. to have a game start and have literally 4+ people not be involved in anyway halfway into the Day is not normal nor is it favorable.

In addition... you say "not gonna speak now, I'll let scum speak up". That's cool, but you haven't done anything yet in the first place. :\[/COLOR

if Overswarm thinks i haven't done anything at this point then the rest of the players must be waiting for their role pm to come in. this is another one of many OS's overdramatized statements.

Omni, you just attack Meta-Kirby FOR ASKING WHY YOU VOTED FOR SOMEONE. Then after he finally just says "eff you", he replies in pictures and you say "lol he won't be useful under pressure".
is that why i put pressure on MK? because he just asked why i voted for someone? let's go over exactly why i put pressure on MK:

Looks like Omni only decided to question certain people though =/. Lameeee. Oh well, Omni, why only certain people.

Marshy, why OS for your second pick?
@zensei and xonar: obligatory "who the **** are you" procedure.
Omni's "Attack said:
not sure if i like the questions you're asking, metakirby. they dont seem well thought out nor do they seem to serve much of a purpose.
is how it went down followed by a FOS from myself and marshEE. interestingly enough metakirby had nothing to say about this at all. just kept quiet like he usually does. then:

Care to provide reasoning, Omni?
was asked by MK after some more discussion (MK hadn't posted anything since his last question) regarding why i voted Xonar. at this point, it was very apparent that my votes have been placeholding on inactives to encourage them to start playing the game. thus my response to MK:

i'm not going to hold your hand, meta-kirby. and this is also another time where you've asked a question that i don't think has much substance or thought behind it. it's like your way of saying, "i'm trying to do something" but you're not really doing anything

unvote
Vote: Meta-Kirby

btw, i refuse to believe that you couldn't come up with an educated guess as to why i voted Xonar. i dont feel like that question was a real attempt to gain clarity just like most of the questions you've been asking
followed by:

so far you've only been sitting back and answering questions and casually throwing out questions that i find to be rather weak and phony.
so basically, Overswarm was incorrect again. no surprise there.

Yes, there is Omni. You've been a stellar example.
was in response to:

but there is a such thing as an empty question, or asking questions just for the sake of questions to look like you're being helpful/useful

cmon, chaco. are you serious?

what do you think of vote on metakirby? what do you think of his play so far? do you agree or disagree with what i've said about him? why or why not?
suggesting that i'm a great example of asking empty questions or asking questions for the sake of questions to look helpful. i already went over how his assessment of my questions was inaccurate. and if u look at the same post that he quoted me in i'm asking a pretty detailed question to Chaco to see what his views are on MK vs. Myself. ironic (but not really).

You've just picked on MKirby because he questioned you and disagreed with you!
portraying me as a bully? wrong again about why i started pressuring him as explained above? sure.

okay. so far that's Overswarm's interpretation and read on my game at this point.
Tom however feels differently both here and here. completely the opposite. i'm going to ask (Frozen) do you disagree with Tom's interpretation of my play because it goes exactly against Overswarm's interpretation of my play which you seem to agree with being solid.

Nice, a possible town confirm because.... Tom is doing his homework.

Nothing particularly big here, but still the biggest contribution you have.
suggesting that my stalking of Tom viewing Batmafia and doing his HW was my biggest contribution. bad. bad, bad, bad. but do you (Frozen) agree with this, too? and to wrap it up.

If by "scumhunting" you mean voting for inactives, complaining about inactives, and taunting Meta-Kirby, then sure.
You've focused on one person only: Meta-Kirby. Everything else is about inactives. EVERYTHING.
What information have you received? I'm curious.
doesn't realize that there is information or development of the game up to that point?

My "thesis" is that you have no bite to your actions. None of your actions help town in any way.
you also agree that these statements are a solid assessment of my play?

FoS: FrozenFlame

anyone who thinks that OS' posts was a solid analysis of my play does not sit well with me. i could see it from some of the weaker and less experienced players but you seem to really like his concepts on me. frankly, that scares me.

and to keep things updated Overswarm moves his next vote over to marshEE because he's been inactive. he practically commits to the idea that i've been doing this horrible sin all game only to finally do the same thing himself. okay.

------------

Bearing this in mind I came to the conclusion that within the scope of that argument, OS was the "winner" so to speak. His LoAs are still standing and Omni pretty much backed down from going "tit for tat" so I imagine he isn't doing to pursue the contesting of said LoAs. However, the "winner" of an argument does not by any means make them the townier of the arguers, though I imagine this is pretty obviously to most if not everyone in this game.
this is cool. what are LoA's btw?

So basically there were a few key points that I've been trying to derive intent from and figure out if this is TvT, TvS, SvS, something with an indy, whatever.

The very first line here where he talks about "liking to manipulate people as scum" just reeks of being disingenuous, reason being, if you think about it in the context of the rest of his post where he goes on to talk about how there are other "big names" in the game that he wants to hear from (the LoA he uses to justify being less active), it makes sense that he might pitch this gambitty "I play this way when I'm scum" to us when in actuality, maybe in a game with "bigger names" or more experienced players, his manipulative puppet master leader style might not be quite so effective.
i didnt read that comment of his as a gambit. more of an overswarm "i dont mind outwardly expressing my intentions as mafia". but that's fine.

Furthermore the whole line about "oh man guys I'm such a good guy but I did something bad (being inactive), you should've called be out. Here I'll hold you hand" just comes off as a classic attempt at trying to buy "easy" credibility by pointing out an obvious flaw (regardless of whether its your own or someone else) and suggesting an obvious remedy.
agree.

As far as the rest of what OS brings to the table go, not a whole lot really bothered me in a big way but I'll be pruning his analysis some more later and I'll touch on anything else that suggests scummy intent.
ok. im still a bit intrigued/surprised that you're not bothered by OS's approach but ok.

Moving on to Omni, basically a lot of OS's analysis holds true on him and as such, his early approach to the game does have some scummy traits. Unfortunately, I see a lot of these traits that OS points out to be pretty standard Omni style, and as most of you should know I don't have much of a penchant for determining alignment via meta. But other than being in general agreement with what OS posits, there were a couple other things Omni said that lean on the scummy side.
answer this Frozen: what about my early approach to the game is scummy? it's one thing to be accurate about my approach (which isn't complicated in the least bit), but it's another to outwardly believe that it is scummy in nature. please explain in detail what you found scummy about my early game.

:urg: @ you being in a general agreement of OS' posts. definitely need to know what you agree with him because i disagreed with almost everything he stated in regards to interpretation

- The immediate conclusion that Omni came to that OS was "tunneling" him. I see this as a knee-jerk characterization and the quoting of OS saying basically "IGMEOY Omni" early in the game just looks like a scramble to support his tunneling accusation. Not that it doesn't fit as supporting evidence, but it seems like Omni was going out of his way to make it seem like OS was in fact tunneling when if he really was, it would likely be obvious without pissant quotes of that nature. OS launched a big attack on Omni, that won't be disputed, however just because OS's only big attack has been on Omni so early in the game hardly qualifies him as tunneling. Heck, I've barely commented on anyone outside of KBot, Omni, and OS. Does that mean I'm tunneling on them? No, it just means that the game is still young and obviously unless someone is pitching a lot of shallow cases on people, they aren't going to have an incredibly diverse scope of focus.
the tunneling accusation came from Overswarm's real post in the game being an extremely long-winded post analysis on a player he said he'd be watching before anything of scum like nature actually occurred. i wasn't going "out of my way" to make it seem like anything, Frozen. i said it plain and clear that Overswarm was tunneling. interesting that you word it like that.

what do you consider tunneling, Frozen? i think when a player comes into mid-Day after being completely absent from the game and only focuses on one player's posts in order to execute judgment without focusing on the game as a whole is tunneling.

also, your scope of focus has only been on Kbot, OS, and myself. i would like to hear your thoughts on the rest of the players of the game since those thoughts are important and can be made however you have only chosen to comment on the three of us. the game at this point is not shallow enough that you can only viably comment on 3/12 players in the game.

- The implication that "if OS v Omni is TvT, then it's a waste of time" that Omni makes really rubs me the wrong way. How did you come to this conclusion Omni? When has TvT ever been a waste of time? In fact when is really in depth discussion between two players ever a waste of time?
it's pretty obvious. i concluded that Overswarm is just a tunneling liability and the majority of his points made were incorrect and badly misinterpretated. i call it more of a waste of time for him and i to go back and forth since i've already made several ties and connections with many of the players in the game where Overswarm has only committed to 1 (me). since i know i'm town i want to know what Overswarm thinks about the entire game and not just tunnel single players individually. it's not difficult to only quote one player's posts the entire game and interpret it as either scummy or townie if you use the end of mind train of thought process and block out all other interactions.

Just on the most basical level you're establishing strong connections between the interacting players, and you're probably pushing both players to their expressive capacities, a situation where any given player is most likely to have linguistic cracks that will show their true intent. Beyond that, you (Omni) say it possibly being TvT is bad because then the scum can manipulate the scenario. Seriously dude? It's the scum's JOB to manipulate EVERY scenario. The point is you want to CATCH them doing it. That statement comes off as very slight fear mongering, but regardless the point is that whether big discussion be TvS, TvT, SvS, or whatever type of comp. you can think of, people are gonna get involved, and when you push a lot of people to discuss and analyze really in depth conversation, you're going to build the connections and linguistic trails that you (Omni) have been claiming to champion all game. How you could dismiss your interaction with OS as possibly being a waste of time despite your alleged effort to be the driving force behind connection creation in the like seems off, if not contradictory.
i believe my main concern is that enough people have NOT been getting involved. rather, the majority of players as i said early have been sitting back and just waiting for players to ask them questions.

i dismissed most of Overswarm's post off the sheer fact that i felt that it was... bad. like, really bad. however, as i stated, i did draw a ridiculously long response post to Overswarm's post in its entirety and all of it did get erased. then our interactions increased more after the fact with summarized replies. the "waste of time" factor mainly derives from the fact i wasn't going to go into a ******** "quote and comment on every sentence you make" war with OS since only commenting on specific statements rather than giving an opinion on a general statement leads to a very tedious tit for tat.

In conclusion, (tl;dr version) I've got OS as being the argument "winner". OS is guilty of some strange suggestive language in his earlier post which gives me a slight scum vibe but overall I'm getting a town read on him thus far. Omni, though behaving in a pretty standard manner, is coming off more scummy but not really so much by virtue of the attack OS mounted on him, but rather, the nature of his response TO the attack and characterization of the exchange.
hm. this is pretty good.

I'd still rather lynch Bot over either of them though because of just overall bad play that I touched on in my last post, but if I had to go with one of those two it'd be Omni.
i like the commitment here. i don't like that i'm second on your lynch list, but when it only has 3 people in it i guess it means i'm breaking even.

thoughts on MetaKirby vs. Me exchange?
who do you want to hear more from?
tell me what you think of both tom and marshEE and their play so far.
also want to know how your opinion on chaco for now as well.

Omni

BRoomer
also no one put anymore votes on Kirby-Bot. got 6 days till deadline and a lot of info that still needs to be dragged out

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Omni...

You could have saved yourself a lot of time by just posting "NUH-UH!" in size 7 font, and then glaring at FrozenFlame for disagreeing with you. Like you always do when someone disagrees with you.

You didn't even have a defense, you just said "no you're wrong!" and then again tried to pin it around on someone else by saying "well look at what they're doing!"

When I was little, if me and my brothers were doing household chores and one of us got called out for not doing much, if our response was "but HE isn't doing anything!" and an accusatory finger at one of our brothers, we'd be ignored. Because other people aren't the topic of discussion and are irrelevant to what YOU do. Yeah, they might have issues that need to be addressed. No one said they didn't.

So Omni, stop pointing fingers to other people. I watched you because you have the possibility of being an asset if you're town and a huge liability if you're scum. You are also very, very loud. You've continually run the game around in circles and you STILL talk about other people "not doing anything" as if it is some sort of defense for your own actions.

Omni it took me two posts to get more discussion started than you ever did. If those were your attempts to get out of RVS, you suck at getting out of RVS.

Omni

BRoomer
You didn't even have a defense, you just said "no you're wrong!" and then again tried to pin it around on someone else by saying "well look at what they're doing!"
showing the stupidity of your play, OS. pinning 1 person down for an action that many have committed means nothing. it's the basis of your argument on me.

When I was little, if me and my brothers were doing household chores and one of us got called out for not doing much, if our response was "but HE isn't doing anything!" and an accusatory finger at one of our brothers, we'd be ignored. Because other people aren't the topic of discussion and are irrelevant to what YOU do. Yeah, they might have issues that need to be addressed. No one said they didn't.
Because other people aren't the topic of discussion and are irrelevant to what YOU do.
...did you seriously just say this? just awful.

So Omni, stop pointing fingers to other people. I watched you because you have the possibility of being an asset if you're town and a huge liability if you're scum. You are also very, very loud. You've continually run the game around in circles and you STILL talk about other people "not doing anything" as if it is some sort of defense for your own actions.
this is your 3rd or 4th time in this post here that you're suggesting that i've only used the "not doing anything" argument in my thesis above. realize the "not doing anything" argument was started by you. if u said, "omni, u havent posted all game" and i said, "os, no one else posted either" then wtf kind of argument are u making?

Omni it took me two posts to get more discussion started than you ever did. If those were your attempts to get out of RVS, you suck at getting out of RVS.
no. all you've done is shown me how your arrogance/stubborness is substituted for actual good play.

Because Mac has contributed more, albeit not by much, and Mac has a penchant for posting very little.
show me how Mac has contributed more, or show me how marshEE has contributed less.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
showing the stupidity of your play, OS. pinning 1 person down for an action that many have committed means nothing. it's the basis of your argument on me.
It means something when the person doing it is very, very loud. Others just aren't posting. You're actively altering the course of the game, and not in a positive way.

show me how Mac has contributed more, or show me how marshEE has contributed less.
Mac has made several concrete statements?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Vote Count 8

Kirby-Bot (5) - MacMan, FrozenFlame, MarshEE, Chacotaco, vanderzant
ZenSei (1) - Omni
MarshEE (1) - OverSwarm

Not Voting (5) - Xonar, ZenSei, Tom, Meta-Kirby, Kirby-Bot

With 12 Alive, It Takes A Vote Of 7 To Lynch!

DeadLine Is ThursDay July 22nd 11:59:59 PM EST.

Omni

BRoomer
It means something when the person doing it is very, very loud. Others just aren't posting. You're actively altering the course of the game, and not in a positive way.
i disagree. if it wasn't for my actions or inactions (as you call it) in this game you wouldn't have had a post like that to make. you make it sound like you're doing big things, but you simply took an easy route by letting other people talk/discuss/exit RVS, etc. before barging in. things have got to get started before scumhunting can occur. you were not a part of the process of helping the game get started. you really havent done anything besides rant about me, interpret K-bot's play as normal, and point a finger at marshEE for being inactive.

Mac has made several concrete statements?
which statements are those? and are you suggesting that Marshy hasn't?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Here we go again.

Uhh, is it really Mew Mew? I thought it was just one Mew...

Meh.

LOL we were scumbuddies in that game iirc.

Also, why the palegreen colour?
Meh. Random question that is dumb.

I asked didn't I?
Random bickering about random question. Both Vand and Omni being useless.

^ Only bad answers
*slams head on desk*

Unvote

Yeah, don't do that again. It really doesn't help town at all.

@Omni: I'm surprised you haven't thrown more questions my way tbh, considering we haven't completed any games together, apart from that one Marathon (and we were both scum). If you have to familiarise yourself with Zensei/Xonar, why not me?
Well, I really only saw how you play as scum, and 1 hour games are quite different to games as long as 1 month.

Mind elaborating because I'm busy lazy?

Vote: Macman where you at?
Calls out macman for inactivity... macman posts almost immediately after. Interesting, especially because of this:

Don't care for these sorts of posts/questions. It's asking for useless information, and serving no other purpose than to provoke and make someone look bad.

Omni I know you don't really care/want to know whether or not MK is stressed. Do you think whether or not he is stressed, he would say it? Do you think his alignment would affect his response to that particular question?
Calls Omni out for being a bully and asking more dumb questions. A trend in this game.

Hi.

I figured that you might start playing if you had another vote on you. Did anyone else actually vote you for a different reason?
I was parking my vote on an inactive. How is that pointless and why are you singling me out?
Vand's reasoning for voting for Macman.

Fair enough then.

Ok. I'd be slightly put off if you thought he was scum from that. Though I'm also relatively new, I can't say I've NEVER been in a game where AtE has been a legit scumtell. Look at Mayfia for example. A lot of "guys I'm not scum I proooommmissee" came from many Townies (Mr.E, Soaring Raptor Blast, Hida iirc) but the mafia happened to be the two most calm and collected players (Mayling and Mcfox, and to a degree Roxy). So I don't read too much into AtE unless it comes in a LYLO MYLO, and is supplemented by other stuff.

But you haven't used your vote at all (bar RVS)? Do you have any suspects right now?
I'm starting to lean towards vanderzant being town with this. He's now admitted that AtE could be a legit scum tell, but generally only later in the game according to him. Is criticizing Meta-Kirby for not voting out of RVS.

At last, time to play some ****ing mafia.
Vand's response to my post vs Omni. (I posted Captain America cuz I'm a hero)

Agreed. Considering Omni called out MK for "ask(ing) a question that i don't think has much substance or thought behind it" is off. But in saying that, the questions served more to 'start' the game then anything. I think Omni was more pressuring MK than actually suspecting him (and MK overreacted).

I'm interested in this if it's true. Omni are you usually against lynching inactives? OS what games are you referring to? Personally, I don't find anything wrong with putting votes on inactives if there is nothing else to look at yet, but if Omni has spoken against this sort of play, while doing it so far in this game, that's worthy of looking into.

Agreed.

Except giving us something to talk about. But I agree, they aren't really scumhunting.
Agree. I'd also go as far to say that the questions he asked don't really help you read a player.
"how long have you been playing mafia? how many games? if you were scum who in this game would you choose to be your scumbuddy?"

It's a bit like that "are you stressed?" question. Sure, it might be some tactic to get a response from players and have them talk, but the info you end up with afterwards is mostly useless anyway.

Agree.

Overall, I don't really mind what OS is saying, but I don't really think what Omni has done is scummy. Sounds like I'm a fence sitter.
Makes commentary on convo between Omni/Myself, concludes that he's a fence-sitter.

unvote

So you don't think he's scummy, but you think his actions are scummy? Can you clarify please.
Askign for clarification from Chaco-Taco.

FFS wrong account. Chuckie is a hydra of mine fyi.

Unvote
Uh, from this post:

Where I believe "the top" refers to this:

"the only reason why i would be a candidate for a lynch toDay is because scum is threatened by my presence"

You also said "that should cover my opinion on this matter." But no where in this post do you say anything suggesting that you think Omni is town.

So I put 2 + 2 together and figured that you thought he was scummy. But then several posts later you say you don't think he's scummy, just pressuring the wrong people. To me, this looks more like you've changed your view.

@Tom: I posted shortly after Kirby posted that, but I was in a rush (forgot to change names) so I didn't really read it at the time.
More Chaco.

Ok fair enough. I'm alright with you for the moment.
Mooooore Chaco.

L-2

Was waiting for an explanation from either player with regards to Omni's #202. I've seen both post around these boards as well.

Voting for kirby-bot, agrees with Omni about the philosophy of not lynching people you think are leaning town.

1. ChacoTaco
2. Kirby-Bot (ClownBot/KirbYoshi Hydra)

3. Tom
4. Meta-Kirby
5. VanderZant
6. Xonar
7. OverSwarm
8. ZenSei
9. marshEE (Evil Eye/marshy hydra)
10. frozenflame751
11. Omni
12. Macman

People he hasn't really talked about:
3. Tom
4. Meta-Kirby (partially defended his AtE)
6. Xonar
8. ZenSei
9. marshEE (Evil Eye/marshy hydra)
10. frozenflame751

Vanderzant, what are your opinoins on MasrshEE, Meta-Kirby, and Flame?

MarshEE, what are your opinoins on Tom and ZenSei?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Kirbybot, if you had to choose 4 players from this game to take to endgame with you, who would they be and why?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Posting from phone @ work to clarify for omni: LoA = line of argument. not ignoring the latest posts btw just any response worth a **** would take forever to type on my phone lol ill try to get something up tonight after work

whos mad? its very useful info

more like "me mad"

The scum list you showed was after KevinM had used an ability that made Riddle (tracker) see ME (town) killing a member of my own neighborhood (flipped Town); if I hadn't seen Riddle as scum, I'd have been a pretty bad player. His defense was literally "no I'm not".

Do you make a habit of trying to undermine other players and damage their credibility in a game? You've pretty much been inactive here and haven't really done much at all.
i dont blame anyone for going for the riddle lynch. i dont remember the last time i played/watched a game with him where i didnt want him dead. i was talking about how both of the players you listed as "i believe to be town" were scum and how you were lynching/vigging protown players over the entirety of the game before that

as for the second paragraph ive been more blatant about it as both town and scum even going so far as to suggesting a lynch on someone due to their inability to find scum. but only to those who deserve it. aka youve done most of the work yourself guy

You and Omni both are playing very poorly for such supposedly good players. :\

message from ee!

ee said:
OS's rebuttals, if they can be so called, were drastic, tampon-wringing oversimplifications of what Omni actually said in his defence. I'm convinced OS did so because his panties had twisted him into a tunnel more potent than anything Escher could ever conjure, and determined as he was to cut Omni's legs off and finding logic to be an uncooperative weapon, he settled for twisting his words into "NO U", because that was actually something he had a response for. In reality, Omni took his points blow by blow and systematically destroyed their already overreaching, craptacular BS foundations, proving literally every single thing OS said to be both false and blatant spin. Funny that OS would make no attempt whatsoever responding to this -- maybe he's not so good with the minutia against someone that won't back down because he had the audacity to use lots and lots of words. Or as he calls them, "supposedly good players". I call them "players with any measurable drop of competence running through their brains". OS entered into that offensive with the tips of his index fingers tickling his eardrums. Faced with the horror of a logically sound countercase ("I didn't do that, here's why:"), he opted to reply while inserting his fingers deeper into his ear canals to prevent any semblance of logic from sneaking inside and assaulting his faculties, shrieking the words "BLAH BLAH BLAH" vibrantly as he did so. This would, at least, explain the apparent brain damage he seems to have suffered in the course of the discussion.

P.S. I see you're still finding petty excuses to latch your vote onto us. Done pretending like it means anything?
marshy translation:
omni↓
<-- os

see i can use cute memes and pictures too. you should stick to arguing meta-knight

as for your questions i find tom to be fairly protown. im aching for him to post his list. hes not a play today. i blatantly fos'd zensei...do you know what that means? what it stands for? id be pushing his lynch if i wasnt content with the k-bot wagon. shame we dont have more nooses

frozen you said "if i had to pick between omni and overswarm id choose omni". not only is your choice wrong...but you dont have to choose between them. who would you be voting if you werent on k-bot? please answer omnis questions too

zensei wheres that analysis of meta-kirbys play? what are your thoughts on vanderzant and chaco?

k-bot who do you believe to the be the worst of your wagoners? also what song would you like played should you be lynched?

xonar/his replacement whats your opinion of macman? meta-kirby? vand? os?

meta-kirby has slithered away yet again. i had a feeling this would happen. what say you about the goings-on?

@mod its been 48+ hours since meta-kirbys last post. requesting prod

M.K

Level 55
Sorry Sorry >_>;; I was running a camp for the incoming freshman class at my school.
I agreed with Overswarm until the post above MarshEE's that effectively....well, countered every point. Regardless, Overswarm and Omni aren't really lynch candidates today. I think it's just down to Kirby-Bot, who I find suspicious for his weak case on me and how he just retorts and parrots everything that's been said. However, I'm hesitant to put him at L-1 at this point (6 days left).

M.K

Level 55
Regardless, as time goes by, I'll grow increasingly less hesitant and before the deadline, I'll vote if need be.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Ugh, I'd forgotten I'd signed up to replace in this game. >.<

Anyways, claiming town gravedigger. Gotta read up.

Omni

BRoomer
Sorry Sorry >_>;; I was running a camp for the incoming freshman class at my school.
I agreed with Overswarm until the post above MarshEE's that effectively....well, countered every point. Regardless, Overswarm and Omni aren't really lynch candidates today. I think it's just down to Kirby-Bot, who I find suspicious for his weak case on me and how he just retorts and parrots everything that's been said. However, I'm hesitant to put him at L-1 at this point (6 days left).
glad to have you back.

thoughts on FrozenFlame's post and my response post toward him?

Omni

BRoomer
also

*double brofist marshEE*

no brofist to mac for not wow'ing at my post first.

M.K

Level 55
You're obviously committed to your playstyle and how you want people to interpret it. Frozen had some decent points that you both shared, some which I agree with, but overall it seems TvT (if even vs., more like....T&T).

Omni

BRoomer
You're obviously committed to your playstyle and how you want people to interpret it. Frozen had some decent points that you both shared, some which I agree with, but overall it seems TvT (if even vs., more like....T&T).
i see. pretty good neutral answer.

so let's rap. besides k-bot who do you find fishy? any players you find pro-town? any questions you wanna ask me or the rest of the cast?

you seem so reluctant to play that aggressive game that you told marshEE you would try to attempt. maybe it's because you've been busy and haven't been able to get on that. i'm looking forward to it tho.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Overswarm said:
Vanderzant, what are your opinoins on MasrshEE, Meta-Kirby, and Flame?
Funnily enough, this is my first time playing with either of these players

MarshEE... voted me but hasn't really said anything to me at all. To me this looks like he's trying to bait a reaction. Or just because he wanted to hear more from me maybe? He's been critical of a few players (mac, you) for decent reasons, so leaning Townie.

Meta-Kirby... bugged me a little bit for eating up liking your case on Omni (like Chaco kind of) but now says he no longer agrees with said case. He's changing his mind a bit, but at least he's being 'honest' (scum would be more likely to stand by their opinion imo). Fairly neutral on him.

Flame... His analysis on your argument with Omni wasn't that needed imo, but it shows he's at least thinking about the game. Sort of neutral on him, I'd say slightly scummy but that's just because he was absent for a while.

Neither should be lynch candidates for toDay, at least so far.

M.K

Level 55
i see. pretty good neutral answer.

so let's rap. besides k-bot who do you find fishy? any players you find pro-town? any questions you wanna ask me or the rest of the cast?

you seem so reluctant to play that aggressive game that you told marshEE you would try to attempt. maybe it's because you've been busy and haven't been able to get on that. i'm looking forward to it tho.
Players I find fishy besides KirbyBot? Hmm, I would have to say Macman. For as long as we had waited for his entrance, I was severely UNDERwhelmed by his entrance and even though the pressure has backed off, I still don't feel like he took his absence as seriously. Likewise, I suppose the players can be blamed. I see alot of people who parked their vote on Macman, and so he's back, and there was nothing, no pressure, or anything. MarshEE just because his posts don't sit right with me, in that "my argument automatically wins and I know that before I even post" kinda of way.
Other than that? God, I'm getting alot of neutral reads. Not many pro-town reads at all because of people who simply "peep" into the game. Closest to pro-town would probably be Frozen.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Overswarm what are your PBPs meant to accomplish? They seem to be getting weaker and weaker each new person you do. The one you did on me was just a bunch of "meh"s and I really don't see much use for the one you did on Vanz. Was the one you did on Omni so detailed with analyzable simply because you found him scummy? Or do you find all the people you are doing PBPs on suspicious in some way? I'm just unclear on what your actual goal is for posting those. The questions you ask at the end have no relation to the posts you quote so why quote them?

I disagree with Van's that Flames analysis wasn't needed. It took his opinion for Omni to actually make a defense.

~OS' case was logical
~Omni's defense was more logical
~OS' has failed to see that, which makes me suspicious.

It's as if OS ignored everything Omni with his #249 response which I don't really like.

Although I'm still leaning more with this:
I'd still rather lynch Bot over either of them though because of just overall bad play that I touched on in my last post, but if I had to go with one of those two it'd be Omni.
Mostly based off connections.

macman and omni please fos overswarm

mk...wow...269 was on par with os reading level. 6 days is plenty of time and os is a GREAT lynch candidate today. not that k-bot isnt but yeah os' blatant ignoring of omnis roflstomp post where he ****s all over os' pathetic excuses for scumhunting and appropriately questions him is redonkulous and makes him a fantastic play. like do you not understand why thats questionable? just keep humming the mantra 'os is always wrong. os is always wrong. os is always wrong' to yourself if thats what it takes to disregard os' bad offenses. so far hes kept his vote on me/omni all game. neither of us are plays. he might as well have not voted over the course of the game

as for your reads please tell me why frozen the guy whos posted 8 times and has literally commented on like 3 people and only has one suspect (he never explicitly stated whether or not he actually believes omni is a better play than most other people or what. he just said "omni over os if i had to choose". town has NO idea where his head is at other than that he likes a k-bot lynch) seems pro-town to you

my attitude is more "os' argument automatically loses and i know that before i even read the thread and see his name as the last post"

i dont see how your reasoning for suspecting me is even scummy mk. can you explain how? do you not remember scum wars where i had a similar attitude? dont say "you were scum there" cuz i knew from the beginning that there was another scumteam meaning that i was genuinely scumhunting there. are you being paranoid for the sake of being paranoid? macmans not a play today btw

youre either easily manipulated or lazy scum dude. did you just read os' posts and think 'WOW! BIG POST!' and gobble it up? are you so easily overwhelmed by verbosity?

i predict that os will keep his vote on me in his next post with more garbage reasoning (what will it be this time? "derpa derp you havent done anything"? "hurrr you should be super active despite me not knowing a thing about you and ees access to swf?") and will stall it out til the end of d1. taking bets!

M.K

Level 55
Because you have that commanding vibe. I'm not sure any players in this game are new enough to feel they have to be subservient, but that's the feeling you're giving off, the fact that you want to be in charge, and that...doesn't sit well with me.
Don't get me wrong. I took things away from OS's post about Omni that are true, and some things you cannot deny. However, I FIND that Omni's retort is SUFFICIENT enough to qualm my fears. It's not like he's completely off my scumdar, and that OS is now pro-town, OBVIOUSLY I would've listed OS instead of Frozen if it were true.
Um, I like all of frozen's points. He comments on little, but I like what he says? That's about it, you don't have to say alot to have a towny vibe.
I'm not a stupid individual. I'm not really liking the whole "You don't understand my point? Well then you've got the intelligence of cardboard :D" Vibe that you and a select few other posters are giving off. I know this is just going to be countered with some smug bull****, and this whole attempt to get through is just dust in the wind, but I want you to know why I feel your posts are laced with deceit.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Eh after reviewing M-Ks posts I'm not really seeing him as scummy as I initially picked up from his bad reaction to Omni's pressure earlier. I think he's be a fairly safe lynch choice only in the case that there was no one else worth lynching.

K-b is still looking like the best choice atm.

Also the OS bashing being 50% of MarshEE's posts is inordinate. ~_^

Top Bottom