• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m-1, 14, 28] avril lavigne mafia - over

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
uh

you're content with me being lynched
but you think i'm leaning town
and you're not getting any major scum reads
altho there are several people who have yet to even post and give you reads
so ultimately you'd be fine with lynching off someone whom you believe is leaning towards town

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok so basically here's where I'm at:

- /agreed that Omni and OS getting into an epic post battle doesn't need to happen, but that isn't to say that that a great exchange that is ripe for digestion. OS's post upon my initial reaction seems to me like it will be the most telling of the exact nature of the exchange (TvT, TvS, SvS, etc.) I need to go through OS's case again bit by bit so I'm gonna wait on laying down my verdict on this interaction until I can comb through the details of OS's LoA building.

- good to see macman finally posting. (Though I imagine the same can be said about me)

- Marshy how the heck did you get from that brief analysis in your post to a Vand vote? Did i miss something?

- Is it just me or has KirbyBot literally done nothing but parrot like CRAZY all game? Like seriously look:

Unvote Mac, Vote: Meta-Kirby

I disagree with Omni on what your reaction looked like. I don't think the first post of the spat was unnecessarily emotional, but it's what came after that that convinced me. Consider the pressure back on.
MK, in your 110 you were OVERLY sarcastic (caps! italics! orange! underline!), and used Appeal to Fear (O-N-E-L-E-S-S! I wanna be ONE LESS!).
112 you rip on Omni's playstyle, when at that time he was basically the only one consistently talking.
114 shows more undue sarcasm (oh noes! Omni the Question Cop!)
118 (second paragraph) you directly contradict what you said in 110

What do you have to say in your defense? All of these posts contain scumtells.
The "Bot" end of the hydra thinks that OS's problems with your play so far are legitimate.
Like this is all just REALLY shallow analysis that doesn't reek of dumb at all, just lazy and scummish because it is blatant either over simplification of related talking points or misconstruing/parroting of cases.

And then this just reeks of classic "I'll just nip at everyone from the side until someone mentions me, and try to wave away their case with lame, shortsighted questions pertaining the the scope of the attacks":

Is this based on the single last post that I made?
Unvote: Macman
Vote: Kirby-bot

It's been awhile since I had such a strong read leaning scum in a dumb/scum situation like this.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I didn't say it was scummy, just that his pressure was false considering he was targeting inactives. Where did you get I thought his actions were scummy from? The only thing I outlined as remotely scummy was the part I bolded. The pressure he was applying to inactives was just worthless. That's not to say that pressuring inactives is a bad thing, it's just that so early in the game I think it's worthless.
Uh, from this post:

The top is wrong, Omni. Overswarm has a very valid point, he tracked a pattern within your style and it leads to nothing more than false pressure tactics on inactive playerslots. So, yes, I agree about all you've done is attack inactives. I still stand by my earlier post referencing your attack on Meta Kirby. I think that should cover my opinion on this matter. Oh and to note, I don't like the bold. Seems buddyish, like he's trying to coax OS to be his friend.
Where I believe "the top" refers to this:

"the only reason why i would be a candidate for a lynch toDay is because scum is threatened by my presence"

You also said "that should cover my opinion on this matter." But no where in this post do you say anything suggesting that you think Omni is town.

So I put 2 + 2 together and figured that you thought he was scummy. But then several posts later you say you don't think he's scummy, just pressuring the wrong people. To me, this looks more like you've changed your view.

@Tom: I posted shortly after Kirby posted that, but I was in a rush (forgot to change names) so I didn't really read it at the time.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Omni, bad form. You really need to step your game up here; if you're going to be the loudest one and direct conversation, you need to get things started. In two posts I brought about more discussion than any of your "scum hunting" did. Step your game up. If you want an inactive lynch, let's set up an inactive lynch, but you know as well as I do that one vote on an inactive for half a day doesn't do anything. Hell, Xonar being L-1 doesn't do anything. It's a waste of time.

The whole "Everyone that disagrees with me is dumb, but I don't think they're scummy" is also pretty ********. You keep playing this super safe distancing game by not making any concrete stances except on safe things like inactives. Even after my posts, you STILL don't have any bite. You just say "I disagree" and then say you hope I get Night Killed. But not lynched, no; that'd mean you'd be hoping I was scum and that's a connection.

Stop being a scaredy-cat and do some scum hunting. Pick a target BEFORE they just happen to disagree with you.

I'll leave you alone for now, but if you don't step your game up I don't see how you'll be useful at all. You've been pretty anti-town all game.

-----------

Let's look at a recent popular discussion point: Kirby-bot!

Vote Meta-Kirby

Hack :V
Meh.

That would be a horrible idea OS. Best save them for change-of-day pages.
Meh. (in relation to "we need a new avril song!)

^ Uh... adjective? :p

Confused about Omni's choices of questioning subjects as well; Along with Vand, I (Clownbot) am also newer than Xonar, and possibly MK and Kirbyo. Hell, I think even OS came to SWF Mafia later than Xonar did.... o_o
Worthwhile questioning of Omni, but doesn't mean anything and isn't realyl important.

Me, Kirby, or the hydra as a whole, marshee?
Meh.

Omni, you would be right up there on my list of potential scumbuddies too, if for no other reason than you play dumb extremely well :-P

~KY
More bull**** from Omni's questions that give nothing but WIFOMy answers at best. We get no real information here.

MK, if you're against only certain people being asked questions then why aren't you questioning more people?

OS, haven't talked to Kirby about it yet but I'd be fine with it, and he signed his last post so I doubt he'd mind others knowing who posts what (sorry if I'm assuming too much KY :p)
Meh. KBot has still taken no stances, but this questioning of MKirby's lack of questions is as close as he's got. His questnio doesn't make sense logically (if MK has a problem with only certain people being asked questions, that doesn't necessarily mean MK should be asking questions, it just means MK wants whoever is questioning to not focus on one individual), but whatever.

Vote: Macman

Has he even confirmed yet? Kinda ridiculous imo.

Also, @Omni: Where was our question? You make me all sad and rusty.

~KY
Still safe play, but the color coding has started! Cyan = Kirby Yoshi. Yummy cotton candy.

Macman's inactivity is Macman's inactivity. Meh. Safe post.

Um...hai Tom? I thought you were Batman in that...
Meh. Old game I don't know about yet.

Sorry, I blocked most of that game from my memory, for good reason...stupid Role PM flavor text...freaking ridiculous.
Meh.

Omni, why Xonar? You called OS and he out on active coasting but said that it was "more characteristic" of him.
Appropriate questioning of Omni; this is the second time Kirby-Bot has asked questions of this sort to Omni.

Unvote Mac, Vote: Meta-Kirby

I disagree with Omni on what your reaction looked like. I don't think the first post of the spat was unnecessarily emotional, but it's what came after that that convinced me. Consider the pressure back on.
Bandwagon +1; not necessarily scummy at this point, but not sure what he's trying to do with the pressure.

MK, in your 110 you were OVERLY sarcastic (caps! italics! orange! underline!), and used Appeal to Fear (O-N-E-L-E-S-S! I wanna be ONE LESS!).
112 you rip on Omni's playstyle, when at that time he was basically the only one consistently talking.
114 shows more undue sarcasm (oh noes! Omni the Question Cop!)
118 (second paragraph) you directly contradict what you said in 110

What do you have to say in your defense? All of these posts contain scumtells.
Hardcore attack on MKirby! This is after MKirby's tantrum that Omni brought up by being a bully, and after Omni questioned MK's tantrum.

So... Bandwagon +1 again.

The "Bot" end of the hydra thinks that OS's problems with your play so far are legitimate.
Agreement with OS, anti-Omni.

So far his actions have been both pro and anti Omni (agreeing with Omni about MKirby, disagreeing with Omni about my remarks), but both have been just a "me too" post.

Haven't talked with Kirby about this little spat between Omni and OS yet but my personal opinion is that, should we not find a better lynch candidate soon, Omni's a primary one. To be honest he's leaning Town to me but I'm not getting a major scum read on anyone so far.

OS and Tom? You mean as in their play? Neither of them are particularly scummy imo.
A statement that neither me or Tom is scummy. Cool, I guess?

More importantly, we have a one-sided (supposedly) remark on the spat between Omni and myself.

We then get told that Omni is the primary lynch target, and should be lynched if we don't have another one.

Kicker is that he's "leaning" town but KBot isn't getting a major scum read on anyone so far, and feels that Omni is the best choice.

That in itself isn't really that scummy, despite what people seem to think. Getting a lynch is better than no lynch, and if someone is a suspect you might as well... but it isn't Omni. Not toDay.

Is this based on the single last post that I made?
Meh.

Kirby-Bot, could you do something other than latch onto the big dogs here?

What are your thoughts on Zensei, Kirby-Bot?

What are your thoughts on Macman?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This is like my 9th game or something.
Meh.

Omni couldn't even remember me while I was in it -_-
Meh.

Oh idk you seem like a pretty good choice. Who would you choose?
I thought this was funny, him turning around Omni's pointless question on you.

Do you not think you would be a good choice lol? You just seem like a good player. I don't have much experience with the people here. Overswarm is probably the only person I've played much with, but he wouldn't be at the top of my scumbuddy list, he always seems like scum.

I agree with FF that it's a bad question.
Meh. More logical disagreement with Omni's pointless questions, agreement with FF's stance on them.

EBWOP: Forgot to put @Omni
Meh.

I name changed from Exn. But you didn't even remember then. All you have to do is go look really. Anyways even though you don't pay attention, I do, and I thought you were a good player.

And yeah I've played about that many in total, all on SWF. Many of those were in the Disco Room. And it's a bad question because you're asking someone who doesn't even know most of the players. That's like asking a blind person what there favorite color is.
Zensei misses Omni's point to the question. As dumb as it was, Omni had more thought behind it than asking a blind person what they're favorite color is.

1. ChacoTaco
2. Kirby-Bot (ClownBot/KirbYoshi Hydra)
3. Tom
4. Meta-Kirby
5. VanderZant
6. Xonar
7. OverSwarm
8. ZenSei
9. marshEE (Evil Eye/marshy hydra)
10. frozenflame751
11. Omni
12. Macman

posting for personal reference
It's in the first post, yo.

Meh.

I've been a bit busy these past few days, I'll post some thoughts tomorrow (as in Tuesday).
Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh. Meh.

Zensei, what do you think of the exchange between Omni and myself?

Zensei, what do you think of MarshEE?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Vote Count 6

Kirby-Bot (2) - Macman, Frozenflame
Vanderzant (1) - MarshEE
Omni (1) - OverSwarm
ZenSei (1) - Omni

Not Voting (7) - ChacoTaco, Xonar, ZenSei, Tom, Meta-Kirby, Vanderzant, Kirby-Bot

With 12 Alive, It Takes A Vote Of 7 To Lynch!

DeadLine Is ThursDay July 22nd 11:59:59 PM EST.

Modnote: Xonar is "VLA," giving him until Thursday to post.

Omni

BRoomer
there hasn't been any scumreads for me all game besides Meta-Kirby which faded off after his tantrum. kirby-bot is the obvious next (and probably) today's bet for reasons you don't seem to think are a big deal. you really don't find anything off about kirby-bot's post?

tho i really want to lynch zensei for actively coasting. it's one thing to just be completely inactive from DG but to actively participate in other games and purposely ignore contributing to this game rubs me the wrong way.

ive been rereading and finally MetaKirby is starting to peak my curiousity again. it's been quite some time that i applied some pressure on him for finding him to be a bit off. tom put things in perspective for him. he said he wanted to be more aggressive. however, he's went right back to sitting on his thumb like a timid school boy only chiming in once when someone (you) announced their dislike for my play.

those are probably my top 3 picks for scum.

-----

question redirected back at you. i looked over your analysis of me and i noticed you failed to quote a few of my posts that would have made your case against me not look as strong. your main concern with me is that i'm targeting inactives and not biting down on anyone. if that was your main concern then you're quarrel should be with most of the players here. who do you find scummy besides me? and summarize exactly why you find me scummy.

M.K

Level 55
Omni I disagree. I haven't been sitting on my "thumb" because I addressed concerns from Tom and Kirbyo, to which you even responded that I should question their questions, for which is the reason you got mad at me in the first place.
It's been a while since I have interacted with you, but not the game as a whole.

Omni

BRoomer
well this is my 3rd time asking you this but who, if anyone, do you find scummy?

also, what do you think of kirby-bot's push on you after i jumped off?

and i didn't get "mad" at you. don't bring feelings into the game. i found your questions empty and slightly suspicious so i applied pressure. don't take pressure personal, meta-kirby. if you're town then prove that you're town. if you believe that i am town then realize that i'm not getting angry with you, but rather examining your play. the entire point wasnt that you were asking questions, but the content of the questions raised a brow for me. marshEE hit you with an FoS immediately as well.

i still think you've just been sitting back and answering questions. not really initiating too much.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
there hasn't been any scumreads for me all game besides Meta-Kirby which faded off after his tantrum. kirby-bot is the obvious next (and probably) today's bet for reasons you don't seem to think are a big deal. you really don't find anything off about kirby-bot's post?

tho i really want to lynch zensei for actively coasting. it's one thing to just be completely inactive from DG but to actively participate in other games and purposely ignore contributing to this game rubs me the wrong way.

ive been rereading and finally MetaKirby is starting to peak my curiousity again. it's been quite some time that i applied some pressure on him for finding him to be a bit off. tom put things in perspective for him. he said he wanted to be more aggressive. however, he's went right back to sitting on his thumb like a timid school boy only chiming in once when someone (you) announced their dislike for my play.

those are probably my top 3 picks for scum.

-----

question redirected back at you. i looked over your analysis of me and i noticed you failed to quote a few of my posts that would have made your case against me not look as strong. your main concern with me is that i'm targeting inactives and not biting down on anyone. if that was your main concern then you're quarrel should be with most of the players here. who do you find scummy besides me? and summarize exactly why you find me scummy.
Crashboards took my post away -_-;;

Here's a pic of someone talking:

If Zensei doesn't post something of substance today, he's a possible lynch target, but not the best one. He hasn't posted anything anywhere since leaving this thread so he's gone. An inactive is an inactive. I could replace him with any of the others though, and probably would. Xonar is a much more likely lynch target solely for the fact that Zensei is a player who has literally been V/LA that can come back and say something. Xonar has been V/LA and is Xonar.

Either way, lynching one of them on principle would be silly.

Code:
Omni	44
Tom	29
Chacotaco	24
Meta-Kirby	21
Overswarm	19
Kirby-Bot	16
vanderzant	14
Macman	12
marshEE	10
Zensei	9
Steel	6
frozenflame751	5
Xonar	4
Xiivi	2
Gheb_01	1
Chuckie	1
We have multiple others that have very few posts; anyone below the moderator (see: Flame, Xonar) are always good lynch targets. MarshEE is another one that catches my eye.

Macman has started to do something, but we'll see how that goes.

Other than you, Omni, I've not liked Kirby-Bot's posts. They've been pretty similar to yours; lots of useless posts, playing safe, no real pressure or scum hunting. He's just a barnacle on other players while you just retaliate, not much of a difference otherwise.

Kirby-bot's statement of "Omni is the lynch for today" only strikes me as scummy in the sense that he's trying to both be safe and push for the lynch of someone, and all of this only after I've done the work for him. I could understand you being lynched today; I'd rather not, as you're the kind of player that will be investigated or Night Killed before lylo most days anyway.

It's a fact that you need to lynch someone. Even if you think they might be town, if they're making mistakes and they're the best option you've got, it's a good option for you. Lynching town is better than no lynch at all simply because we might be wrong by our "feeling" that someone is town.

I'd like to hear more from MarshEE. He's been too quiet.

unvote
vote MarshEE

You going to contribute MarshEE?

Omni, why haven't you questioned him in the slightest? He should be incredibly active here.

M.K

Level 55
well this is my 3rd time asking you this but who, if anyone, do you find scummy?

also, what do you think of kirby-bot's push on you after i jumped off?
I find Kirby-Bot as the scummiest at the momemnt.

Kirby-Bot's push was weak, and I addressed his points throughly, even reminding him that one of his points (me being contradictory) was wrong.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Uh, from this post:

Where I believe "the top" refers to this:

"the only reason why i would be a candidate for a lynch toDay is because scum is threatened by my presence"

You also said "that should cover my opinion on this matter." But no where in this post do you say anything suggesting that you think Omni is town.

So I put 2 + 2 together and figured that you thought he was scummy. But then several posts later you say you don't think he's scummy, just pressuring the wrong people. To me, this looks more like you've changed your view.
Nope, and yes you deduced what the top meant. But you're looking too hard at it, the top is wrong because Omni would never get lynched because scum fear his presence. If they fear is presence they'll NK him. Notice how I separate that from the main points, that is because is does not go with the others.

Also, the question wasn't do I think Omni is town. It was, what was our input on OS's post. Which I gave, and stand by.

Chaco

Never Logs In
My bad, I was just looking back over that and I saw it wasn't spaced where it should have been.

If you have anymore questions, then shoot because I'm sure that didn't look good.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

Zensei, what do you think of the exchange between Omni and myself?
I disagree with people saying that OS presented a bad case. He is right about the way Omni has been playing. And it's something to keep note of. It's not all necessarily bad play for D1 though. Gathering information for yourself is an important step for contributing.

The only thing I don't really like about Omni's play is the attacking the players that question/pressure him. His defense for Overswarms case was that he was tunneling, when OS really wasn't tunneling at all..

The only thing I'm willing to put aside as the possible exchange between these two, OS and Omni, is SvS. There's not enough to accuse it being TvS or TvT however. I'm flopping back and forth between Omni right now.
Zensei, what do you think of MarshEE?
MarshEE has done virtually nothing at this point. So far all he has talked about are inactives/macman.

The only thing he has really put input on is OS' case. Which I pretty much disagree with him on.

And his vote on Van was pretty random... I'd like to here why he voted for him when his post had nothing to do with him.

I haven't been as active as I could be in other games either. I posts as much as I have time for. You've probably seen me post in another game because we are far further a long in the game so my focus was needed there for the time that I had. And in another game I'm in, most of the posts are like 3 liners so yeah. Anyways I should be able to keep up with things now.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Vote Count 7

Kirby-Bot (2) - MacMan, FrozenFlame

VanderZant (1) - MarshEE

ZenSei (1) - Omni
MarshEE (1) - OverSwarm

Not Voting (7) - ChacoTaco, Xonar, ZenSei, Tom, Meta-Kirby, VanderZant, Kirby-Bot

Omni

BRoomer
you have a point, Overswarm.

i guess i may be getting a bit comfortable with marshEE but i guess it's because i like what's hes saying. doesnt sound like he's buddying me. still, he's done more than enough for me to be satisified with him living another Day. plus anyone willing to call you out on your antics is good enough for me

i also think this is where we differ, OS. i'm not actively trying to find scum and their scumteam immediately Day 1. my goal is to find information, create connections, draw out reactions, form trails, and include as many people as possible. most scum will do their best to keep their connections to a minimum since it will catch up to them later on.

@Mod: Happy Birthday, Steel! We need a vote count and a prod/replacement on Xonar when you get the chance.

@tom: don't keep me waiting. let's see your list.

in general, i see a lot of players this game who only come to light when questions are answered. it's interesting because they say things like, "marshEE has done nothing but *insert this*" when currently they've done less than that [:see, Zensei's above post, OS's issues with me, etc.]. these are the guys i'm worried about the most. would be a pain having them around endgame.

also doing a reread and evaluating a few more things.

@zensei: glad to have you active. are you picking up any scumvibes from anyone? also, what are your thoughts on chaco's play this game so far? you cool with lynching kirby-bot?

Omni

BRoomer
also ignore prod on Xonar. forgot he was V/LA till Thursday.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I said what I thought about MarshEE because OS asked. And you seem to be leaving him out.

Meta Kirby is looking the scummiest to me at this point. The whole way he reacted to your pressure was just plain bad. I don't think that's something should just be easily excused. I would be ok with a K-b lynch. I agree with all the points that have been made on him so far. The main thing I dislike is #180. He said that you were leaning townie to him yet he outs you as the primary lynch if there's not a better lynch. He hasn't done much scum hunting FMPOV so the fact that he would be fine lynching someone he thinks is town and not do much else is odd. Also it just seems like he is fencesitting.

So far I don't dislike anything about Chaco. A lot of what he has said, I agree with.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Nope, and yes you deduced what the top meant. But you're looking too hard at it, the top is wrong because Omni would never get lynched because scum fear his presence. If they fear is presence they'll NK him. Notice how I separate that from the main points, that is because is does not go with the others.

Also, the question wasn't do I think Omni is town. It was, what was our input on OS's post. Which I gave, and stand by.
Ok fair enough. I'm alright with you for the moment.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We still have a week for a lynch, just saying.

MarshEE needs to start posting ASAP.

@mod how long til MarshEE is prodded?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright so I just went though Omni v. OS again and here's what I'm getting out of it:

OS has some seriously good analysis on Omni. Like, rock solid. He brings a lot of good logic to the table and pretty accurately calls Omni out on things he IS guilty of, such has leaving a lot of shallow trails, harping mostly on inactives, etc. This isn't to say that the behaviors OS called Omni out on are true in totality, but as a general rule so far, what OS points out isn't misrepresentation of Omni at all.

Bearing this in mind I came to the conclusion that within the scope of that argument, OS was the "winner" so to speak. His LoAs are still standing and Omni pretty much backed down from going "tit for tat" so I imagine he isn't doing to pursue the contesting of said LoAs. However, the "winner" of an argument does not by any means make them the townier of the arguers, though I imagine this is pretty obviously to most if not everyone in this game.

So basically there were a few key points that I've been trying to derive intent from and figure out if this is TvT, TvS, SvS, something with an indy, whatever.

One of OS's first actual posts really set off some alarms.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10727132&postcount=150

The very first line here where he talks about "liking to manipulate people as scum" just reeks of being disingenuous, reason being, if you think about it in the context of the rest of his post where he goes on to talk about how there are other "big names" in the game that he wants to hear from (the LoA he uses to justify being less active), it makes sense that he might pitch this gambitty "I play this way when I'm scum" to us when in actuality, maybe in a game with "bigger names" or more experienced players, his manipulative puppet master leader style might not be quite so effective.

Furthermore the whole line about "oh man guys I'm such a good guy but I did something bad (being inactive), you should've called be out. Here I'll hold you hand" just comes off as a classic attempt at trying to buy "easy" credibility by pointing out an obvious flaw (regardless of whether its your own or someone else) and suggesting an obvious remedy.

As far as the rest of what OS brings to the table go, not a whole lot really bothered me in a big way but I'll be pruning his analysis some more later and I'll touch on anything else that suggests scummy intent.

Moving on to Omni, basically a lot of OS's analysis holds true on him and as such, his early approach to the game does have some scummy traits. Unfortunately, I see a lot of these traits that OS points out to be pretty standard Omni style, and as most of you should know I don't have much of a penchant for determining alignment via meta. But other than being in general agreement with what OS posits, there were a couple other things Omni said that lean on the scummy side.

- The immediate conclusion that Omni came to that OS was "tunneling" him. I see this as a knee-jerk characterization and the quoting of OS saying basically "IGMEOY Omni" early in the game just looks like a scramble to support his tunneling accusation. Not that it doesn't fit as supporting evidence, but it seems like Omni was going out of his way to make it seem like OS was in fact tunneling when if he really was, it would likely be obvious without pissant quotes of that nature. OS launched a big attack on Omni, that won't be disputed, however just because OS's only big attack has been on Omni so early in the game hardly qualifies him as tunneling. Heck, I've barely commented on anyone outside of KBot, Omni, and OS. Does that mean I'm tunneling on them? No, it just means that the game is still young and obviously unless someone is pitching a lot of shallow cases on people, they aren't going to have an incredibly diverse scope of focus.

- The implication that "if OS v Omni is TvT, then it's a waste of time" that Omni makes really rubs me the wrong way. How did you come to this conclusion Omni? When has TvT ever been a waste of time? In fact when is really in depth discussion between two players ever a waste of time? Just on the most basical level you're establishing strong connections between the interacting players, and you're probably pushing both players to their expressive capacities, a situation where any given player is most likely to have linguistic cracks that will show their true intent. Beyond that, you (Omni) say it possibly being TvT is bad because then the scum can manipulate the scenario. Seriously dude? It's the scum's JOB to manipulate EVERY scenario. The point is you want to CATCH them doing it. That statement comes off as very slight fear mongering, but regardless the point is that whether big discussion be TvS, TvT, SvS, or whatever type of comp. you can think of, people are gonna get involved, and when you push a lot of people to discuss and analyze really in depth conversation, you're going to build the connections and linguistic trails that you (Omni) have been claiming to champion all game. How you could dismiss your interaction with OS as possibly being a waste of time despite your alleged effort to be the driving force behind connection creation in the like seems off, if not contradictory.

In conclusion, (tl;dr version) I've got OS as being the argument "winner". OS is guilty of some strange suggestive language in his earlier post which gives me a slight scum vibe but overall I'm getting a town read on him thus far. Omni, though behaving in a pretty standard manner, is coming off more scummy but not really so much by virtue of the attack OS mounted on him, but rather, the nature of his response TO the attack and characterization of the exchange.

I'd still rather lynch Bot over either of them though because of just overall bad play that I touched on in my last post, but if I had to go with one of those two it'd be Omni.

i like how os builds a case based on someone harping on inactives and then tries to ignore leads in favor of pressuring someone that isnt active enough for him

:rolleyes:

i kind of dont... he (overswarm) gets better as the game progresses, like a non-sucky chibo xD
smoking and eating cheerios while you made this post?

no. just no.

you have a point, Overswarm.

i guess i may be getting a bit comfortable with marshEE but i guess it's because i like what's hes saying. doesnt sound like he's buddying me. still, he's done more than enough for me to be satisified with him living another Day. plus anyone willing to call you out on your antics is good enough for me
os' assertion that i should be super active stems from him being uninformed. ive (marshy) been doing all of the posting except the one questioning steels masculinity at the beginning of the game. ees more skimming the thread and giving me feedback over aim cuz his mafia efforts are invested in yoshis island as you/tom can verify. thisll continue til he dies there or that game finishes. remember starfox/monster where he had to replace out due to just being a busy guy and i think youll understand it isnt strange. if ee IS posting outside of this game i bet its just the broom/lod which obviously isnt as time consuming as treading through a mafia game. at least not with his playstyle

Vote Count 7
Not Voting (7) - ChacoTaco, Xonar, ZenSei, Tom, Meta-Kirby, VanderZant, Kirby-Bot

why arent you guys voting anyone? its halfway through d1 and the person with the most votes has just 3. i dont mind if tom doesnt answer im sure this as im sure his listll give us some clarity on where his head is at

for real tho people gotta PUT THEIR VOTE WHERE THEIR MOUTH IS

btw kbot just needs to die. pisspoor vague attempts to scumhunt then nominating a town read for lynch and NO ONE ELSE is wtf. then not scumhunting at all?

NO

vote kbot

fos zensei

i like how os builds a case based on someone harping on inactives and then tries to ignore leads in favor of pressuring someone that isnt active enough for him

dont you think pressure is a bit of a strong word to describe os' pantywaist vote and worthless question directed at us pressure?

btw i just realized that i said "omni remember star fox/monster mafia" but that star fox thankfully isnt public. macman and tom can verify that ee replaced out of that one tho

/brofist at everything else

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yo i remember tht

and u niggs wanted to lynch me

and marshy, why does it seem like yu straight up hate OS? Do you think he's scummy at all? Most of your comments toward him has been unrelated to his alignment

lol what a fun game that was

/brofist

unless youre scum then **** you guys

my language towards os is just a pastime cuz i consider him the embodiment of dumb or scum and largely use his votes on any player he thinks is scum at any given time as an indicator that that player is likelier to be protown. but we seem to want to keep him around for a bit so im okay with letting him run his mouth a little more. not like there arent other good plays present

Top Bottom