• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Pichu: v2.5 Released!!! - Perfect Physics update! Hiatus not over, though...

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
He wants the model so that he can vertex Pikachu in Pichu in the same way as done with Mewtwo.
I read the conform morph stuff thank you. I just thought that Superyoshi meant that the actual model should be used.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Actually, the entire head WAS done, but a virus caused the loss of that file, so....no progress as of now :ohwell:

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Actually, the entire head WAS done, but a virus caused the loss of that file, so....no progress as of now :ohwell:
the head is like 1 of the most important things to look like pichu too, well i can be patient just fine, unless you show some awesome teaser like mariokart64n did lol

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Sorry everyone for the false hope, but I wasn't paying attention to the days left on my 3ds trial....

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Aww man, that sucks. Oh well, I can be patient. I got the Mewtwo model to look at and Project M to be super hyped for.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Sorry everyone for the false hope, but I wasn't paying attention to the days left on my 3ds trial....
what does that mean that you won't be able to do this? can't you just redownload it from another site for another trial or something?

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, I only know of one site that has the trial, and Mariokart64n's method only works for 3dsmax8

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Quick question my fellow Pichu fans.

What are all the (planned) costumes for Pichu going to be?

And are there still going to be two different Pichu's?(Male and female)

Gonna make stock icons for this adorable mouse(that reminds me
of one of my cats :3), hence why I search for costume-related knowledge :3

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
No idea at this point. :/. It all depends on what model/vertex we end up getting (if EVER ;_; )

GameWatching

Smash Ace
morphing pikachu with pichu
i tried it sometime ago,
but it don't want to morph,

why ?
because pikachu havn't the same number of vertices as pichu !
i wonder how mk64n did with ganon and mewtwo since it's impossible to them to have the same number of vertices :urg:

if i can morph 2 models that havn't the same number of vertices in 3ds max 8,
let me know !

thanks

Thany

Smash Journeyman
So...*depressed* How do these prototype
stock icons tickle your fancy?

Left one's rounder, right one's got more of a chin...

*sigh* I can't sprite Pichu to save myself...

Prolly make the top of the head rounder too
in the future, I guess...

I dunno...

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
So...*depressed* How do these prototype
stock icons tickle your fancy?

Left one's rounder, right one's got more of a chin...

*sigh* I can't sprite Pichu to save myself...

Prolly make the top of the head rounder too
in the future, I guess...

I dunno...
I prefer the left one myself.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Nothing, really...

But everyone else from previous Smash Bros games got
new stock icons.

Roy, Mewtwo, Young Link, the Doc, and Pichu deserve no less,
right? <:3

...In fact...

...They deserve so much better...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
We're gonna need someone to retexture it before I judge that. It does look like quality work, though.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
We're gonna need someone to retexture it before I judge that. It does look like quality work, though.
I'm liking all these compliments. :)

It does look quite odd, but I suppose animations can fix that.
Odd how?
And I used animations to make the head bigger and tail smaller and such.

And in the pictures, I didn't change his size to make him smaller in PSA. (as I couldn't remember which attribute it was.)

Edit: I just tried it with the moveset.... worked perfect :)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
My issues: Just needs to be retextured. Maybe make the ears slightly larger. Other than that, it looks great, considering how difficult it is to edit Pikachu(of all things...).

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
if you weren't so limited with pikachu id say smaller body, more ovally head and a better texture and id be near perfect

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
It definitely looks better than the old code based size hack. I'm sure it will look even better once someone makes a decent texture for it.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It'd probably break the model in two.

Guys! Good news! I'm going to be doing a quick update. Nothing extreme, just physics changes to perfectly match Melee. So uh, yeah.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
My issues: Just needs to be retextured. Maybe make the ears slightly larger. Other than that, it looks great, considering how difficult it is to edit Pikachu(of all things...).
done below.

Like, the head just sorta cuts off at an angle. But you're kinda limited by bones when it comes to the shape of the head, right?
Yeah I know, but the neck was a HUGE pain to do, so that's about as good as it's gonna get. :(

if you weren't so limited with pikachu id say smaller body, more ovally head and a better texture and id be near perfect
head done below.
unfortunately, there's no bone that control pikachu's body. and when vertexing, his head is inside of his body in a scrambled mess of verticies. :p

Better?

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
ok for the texture it needs a smaller nose, a smaller and happier mouth, the shade of yellow is kind of weird and the black things that go down from his neck need to go down more here is a reference picture

also what is perfect physics is it something that changes the character to be unlike all the other characters?

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
ok for the texture it needs a smaller nose, a smaller and happier mouth, the shade of yellow is kind of weird and the black things that go down from his neck need to go down more here is a reference picture

also what is perfect physics is it something that changes the character to be unlike all the other characters?
Alright, I see the differences now. :laugh:
and just need to finish every animation for his right ear, and then I'm done. should be about 9-11 minutes from this post.

and did you guys want to do the texture, or should I?

Edit: finished, gonna test with the new physics now.

Top Bottom