• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*NEW* Official R.O.B. Boards Stage Discussion(Currently discussing Halberd) UPDATED!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
That still sucks though. No offense to him, but biased TO's shouldn't TO if they're gonna do stuff like that. I'm glad our main TO around here is more of a 2D fighter kinda guy, but loves us smash kids, so he puts 2D fighters as side events to Brawl/Melee and actually listens to us when we ask for something. :D

You should host a tourney, and have your own rule set with no bias. :D

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
That still sucks though. No offense to him, but biased TO's shouldn't TO if they're gonna do stuff like that. I'm glad our main TO around here is more of a 2D fighter kinda guy, but loves us smash kids, so he puts 2D fighters as side events to Brawl/Melee and actually listens to us when we ask for something. :D

You should host a tourney, and have your own rule set with no bias. :D
I agree, if people want to ban stages or have thier own stage rules, thats fine, heck were it up to me, I would probably keep pirate ship, rainbow cruise and jungle japes. but then again, I hardly ever get too indepth to the whole, tech aspect, I know the timing of my chracters moves, but when people say a certain chracter is better on a stage then another, I dont really think if it like that, more like the person playing on the stage is more important.

and yes, Byass is gay, lets ban lylat cause ike can get screwe over by the SERIOUSLY EVIL TOTALLY DISTRACTING TILTING!!!!!!!! no, lets not, I love lylat.

PS: ROB is awesome, rob spins to win.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i would zwarm, but theres the minor factor of me living in a tiny village which is miles out of the way of any other smashers.
also dopl, ike loves lylat because of 3 very low platforms which he can destroy everything that isnt named marth.

okay, i have more spare time on my hands, what stage do we want done now? also, edited my previous post on RR

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Delphino for certain. Picto is usually banned in most places where Delphino isn't. We can come to Picto later.

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
really? Picto is always legal in the MW.... maybe it's cause it's the MW. delfino works too.... dont take D3 here walk offs = no fun for us

Heartstring

Smash Legend
delfino it is then.
i'll edit this post in a second, im not the greatest person in the world for delfino, but ill do it anywy XD

-LzR-

Smash Hero
We made Pictochat legal in here Finland, there is nothing that wrong with the stage, it just requires a lot of focus on the hazards, but it doesn't take the focus away from the fight.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I agree. But Picto is counter/banned in many places while Delphino is starter/counterpick. You will come across Delphino more often than Picto.

In regards to DP, it has its share of pros and cons like any stage. However, the cons are a lot harder to overcome than most stages. DP has water, which helps characters with good meteors. ROB doesn't get gas back from UP-B nor can he dodge so a wet ROB is a failing ROB. Because of this, I'd avoid Tink, Ike, Ness, and Ganon (!) here.
This stage also features walkoffs. CG characters love these parts, esp. when the wall shows up. Strike against DDD here as well.
Sharking can be done on the platforms. That works for us well, but MK does it better so I wouldn't go here if I had to play him.
However, this stage isn't bad for us in some MUs. Falco could work here, pending we plank the mess out of him and avoid the aformentioned hazards. Pika could have a hard time here against us. And Olimar is useless in water, so throwing or shooting him in there can make this stage in our favor. All in all I'd say it's a 5/10 for me.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I agree. But Picto is counter/banned in many places while Delphino is starter/counterpick. You will come across Delphino more often than Picto.

In regards to DP, it has its share of pros and cons like any stage. However, the cons are a lot harder to overcome than most stages. DP has water, which helps characters with good meteors. ROB doesn't get gas back from UP-B nor can he dodge so a wet ROB is a failing ROB. Because of this, I'd avoid Tink, Ike, Ness, and Ganon (!) here.
This stage also features walkoffs. CG characters love these parts, esp. when the wall shows up. Strike against DDD here as well.
Sharking can be done on the platforms. That works for us well, but MK does it better so I wouldn't go here if I had to play him.
However, this stage isn't bad for us in some MUs. Falco could work here, pending we plank the mess out of him and avoid the aformentioned hazards. Pika could have a hard time here against us. And Olimar is useless in water, so throwing or shooting him in there can make this stage in our favor. All in all I'd say it's a 5/10 for me.
falco i disagree with, watch cudat vs. dehf in pound 4, although chudat wins in the end, larry ended the sharking with a kill, just go watch it, the game was amazing anyway
i honestly to god will do this write up, jsut need to find spare time

Nova9000

Smash Lord
falco i disagree with, watch cudat vs. dehf in pound 4, although chudat wins in the end, larry ended the sharking with a kill, just go watch it, the game was amazing anyway
i honestly to god will do this write up, jsut need to find spare time
You can end sharking by shielding. But that has nothing to do with the planking and the fact we can shoot lasers through the base of the stage.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
This stage should be banned! -.-
I hate those walk-offs and the walls here. Even the MK-sharking! >_>

Ban this stage against King Dedede, Meta Knight, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Ness, Lucas and Ike I think. R.O.B.'s ratio here is 5/10.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
okay guys, youre gonna have to continue this **** yourself for now, im just not sure on any of the stages that are left really

Heartstring

Smash Legend
thanks, but i jsut dont know how to play many of the stages that are outside of neutral rating. so other people are gonna have to step it up.
im not even a r.o.b main after all

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
i have some experience on DP. As said, don't take King Dedede, Meta Knight, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Ness, Lucas, Ike, or Samus here.

CGers have an instant stock on you on the walk-offs and characters like MK can shark the hell out of ROB, much more than ROB can.
Although for characters like TL, Ness, Lucas, and Ike, they have the bigger advantage when you are in the water (different for TL), stay out of the water and the threat level is deminished (easier said than done). This stage does have some interesting platform placements that can easily work in ROB's favor. The flying portion i feel gives ROB the advantage imho. It is always easier for me when incorporating ROB's gyro. The odd platform placements i feel stregthen his gyro and glide toss game. Most of the other transtions work against rob though, having either walk-offs or water.
On this stage, ROB suffers greatly from superior sharks and plankers, namely MK and Samus. MK can shark you without about all his aerials and specials, You have a small break against Samus concerning aerials since her only reliable sharking aerials are uair or screw attack, but she has essentially much more range than MK when sharking because her missles, CS, and Zair can all go through the base of the flying stage. Zair is the worst in this because it can essectially have the range of half of the flying stage.

Not much else i have to say atm. I will add more if i can think of anything else.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Yeah! =0
We have to be finished with at least MU's and stages.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I agree with ccst. If we ever finish the stages and MUs, we can compile them together to make something as detailed as that. But I think we're about done with Delphino. What else is left to discuss?

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Picto Chat is a good stage. G-p, your move now. =P

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
i like everything but the transformation with the platforms EVERYWHERE... other than that, i like it pretty good. try to get inside the whale, you can shoot stuff out but no one can get in

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Sometimes, on this stage, I will shield the Halberd blaster. And with that, you can either stay inside and hope to bait your opponent to try and attack you (which strangely sometimes works) or you can SDI out (even with your shield up) and maybe attempt to surprise your opponent if they don't see it coming or w/e their reason is.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
PictoChat is good against Meta Knight I believe. It has a high blastline and short on the sides. I don't have much experience on this stage but the ratio I give is 6.5/10.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
PictoChat is good against Meta Knight I believe. It has a high blastline and short on the sides. I don't have much experience on this stage but the ratio I give is 6.5/10.
Short blastzones on the sides aren't that good when you're facing a SL happy MK. DI wrong once, and you could be dying around 50-60% on Picto, if not earlier. The stage hazards could possibly give us an edge over MK, but it probably wouldn't be much.

I love this stage, although I don't go here that much. I don't have as much experience here as I do other counterpicks like Frigate or PS1, but the stage hazards do help us. Whenever a wall is created, we can d-tilt lock people against them. If stuck on the left side of the stage when the slant appears, it doesn't gimp our recovery like it does to so many other characters. We have the ability to camp inside anything that may form around us, like the whale or the weird stack of boxes thing. I've never tried it, but if spaced correctly, a u-throw on the spikes stage could possibly knock them out of our grab and kill them at higher percents, but like I said, I don't know for sure, someone should test this. :psycho: All in all, this stage is not a bad one for ROB, but we probably have better first picks. This stage could be risky, although we're less likely to die from random offstage transformations that would gimp other's recoveries. Just watch out for the fire and missiles when trying to throw people into it, our u-throw is not as useful as other character's, ROB would also get hit in the process if used directly below the transformations, so be careful. I'm gonna give this stage a 7.5/10.

I'm not sure on who to bring here/not bring here, but I would suggest not bringing Dedede here, due to the many walls that form in the transformations.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ohkay, im back from my smashfest, i can give a general thing on delphino again, cause there was no hard solid data on it, i'll just compile what people said into it

+sharking to help r.o.b get back on stage (which he has a problem doing)
+platform placements favour r.o.b's passive camping style
+numerous large transformations that make camping easy

-waterspiking
-walk-off stages
-tons of slants in awkward places
-superior sharkers will destroy you

this stage takes everything that can gay over r.o.b (over than small stages) and put it all into one somehow-legal stage. there is plenty of worry about as r.o.b, namely how easy it is for dedede, falco and (to a certain extent) pikachu to chaingrab us off the side of one of these stages that can be very very gay. however the walkoff's can also heavily favour r.o.b as you can 'ping' b-throw for a stupidly early kill as most people are slow to DI throws, the speed the b-throw comeso ut can make for a nice little killer.
and then theres waterspiking, the thing which is massively overrated. itrs a lot harder to do than most people think however i dont think anyone has a more useless spike than r.o.b, so unless you're certain its gonna land, don't go for it. anyway, this little gimmick is what makes this ganondorfs most legitimate stage, try to avoid it if your opponent has a half decent spike...
this does NOT include ike, for some reason he gets extended stun time while in the water, you can jump out before he can.
camping on this stage...its pretty hard to explainm how to do it, because each stage can different tactics, for the time being, im going to say that camping on the floating platform is pretty ineffective with the laser because any character can just go under it although on that topic it can be useful for long range sharking against better campers, gyro may be a little useful again characters who's refreshable recoveries have wierd gimmicks or are jsut plain bad vertically, such as jigglypuff, yoshi, donkey kong, bowser, pit and r.o.b(sadly)
as for long stages, let the gyro mingle around the centre on level with you and let them approach you, but for the love of god dont get outcamped here.

who to take here: yoshi, donkey kong, pit(if they are offensive), snake (cypher grabs through the stage)

who to not take here: meta knight, ganondorf, king dedede, falco, pikachu

stage rating: 5/10

its basically a personal vendetta with this stage, go if you like it or your opponent hates it, for example, this is a decent pick again me, i hate this stage

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Falco can't walk you off, nor can pikachu.

You should also include sharking lasers help his camp game a ton against characters like falco and pit who can outcamp us.

Also if you cypher grab snake through the stage all he has to do is air release and hes fine.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
meh, talking from ike perspective there, my bad.

thats a good shout, will do that in a sec.

also if you cypher grab through stage but doesn't grab the ledge or land onstage from his air release he is still without cypher

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I can only see that being useful if you can beat him to the ledge, since theres a small window of space where you can grab him and he cant DI to the ledge, I just didn't think it was worth mentioning.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
nono i mean you can't DI a grab release, and snake's grab release is reasonably large, so a cyher grab can be done, be for hte mostpart of the stage you wont be able to release by the time you get to a new transformation

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Oh no! This has happened at last! The end of days is comming!

Where is 6Mizu nowadays?

Top Bottom