• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mit

Smash Ace
I'll throw some stuff out there as well GameWatching.

One more fundamental change besides the platforms being raised: The edges of the base platform. Look at the Melee picture and check out the ends of the stage. They don't start slanting downward at the edge of the circular center to the stage. It's flat for a little bit, and then it starts sloping downward. I hope that made sense.

In any case, that should be a relatively simple fix, but could present problems if left alone for too long. Keep up the good work! We only critique you so much because we want your mods to be the best they can be, because we know you're capable :)

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Copy over the first bone's Translations/Rotations/Scale to an animation within the modeldata and see if they show up
If I got it right you're saying the same as this:

When your making your collision data, If you've changed the stage/background position in it's animation, remember that you need to have the exact same data in it's non-animation state (you can change this when your already in an animation by going to frame 0), otherwise, it won't show the same in the collision editor.
Like, making the same changes you made in the bone on the animations, right?

I made that already, but thanks anyway.

If only one model is showing, there's something wrong with the place it is or something, I don't guess it's a texture problem.

Be sure the stage is going over a FD (wifi room ignores modeldata2) and move the models with animations to place them in different places.
^ Mewtwo2000's hint, that I'll check ASAP

zeno503

Smash Rookie
i know for a fact that the alternative stage loader is not the problem. also, if u wonder how i have sooo many codes, i use a method to allow 8000+ lines of codes
Sorry I'm of no help to your other problem but I wanna know how you have over 9000 8000 lines of code space? That'd be really helpful instead of having a measly 256

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Not even a little chuckle at my 9000 joke? Oh well, thanks. I feel stupid cause I could've just searched it on the forums, ugh. Alright I'll stop spamming now. :ohwell:
Don't worry. :lick:
But that's kinda widely known by now, AFAIK.

EDIT: Now my SD Card died. RIP​

GameWatching

Smash Ace

"The original release by GW was... well it was not of the quality i was expecting (really don't want to make you feel bad, but it wasn't that great...)"

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
*PICTURE OF YOSHI'S STORY FROM MELEE IN BRAWLBOX*

finally D:

now progress will be 3 times faster !
I beg of you, PLEASE make the size of this map a one to one ratio of the original. The one you made of Yoshi's Island 64 and the remakes of Fourside and Venom made by Mewtwo2000 are about two times bigger than they were. M2K (edit: I mean Mewtwo2000. Sorry about that, lol) says that it promotes play in Brawl better, but I disagree. I think it makes all the platforms difficult to reach. So please, think about the sizing of the level in comparison to the characters while making it. I am a big fan of both your and his work, and I want this to come out perfect.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Don't worry Oshtoboy, the PMBR is providing GameWatching feedback until it /perfectly/ matches Melee, similarly with FrozenHobo and Dreamland 64.

Lol you said M2K and I was confused, since I thought it meant Mew2King.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
"The original release by GW was... well it was not of the quality i was expecting (really don't want to make you feel bad, but it wasn't that great...)"

look at yours, look at mine, and then look at the original. mine still needs a lot of extra stuff done to it. yours... well, look at what you did with the platform...

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Well since i'm up this early and bored right now might as well show what i've done for My Version of Dreamland:

Things to do:
Add grass/bush in
Add 3 platform
Fix slight collision error
Edit the death boundaries to were it's more proportionate
Scale Whispy (Now what bone to use out of the billion he has >.>)

Mit

Smash Ace
I have a feeling moving Whispy messes up the wind effect, right?

Well, not mess it up, but it won't move with him I don't think.

robinpup

Smash Cadet
its there a way to expand the size of delphino plaza? and add more colissions? please tell me how.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
chuy, you can use the "tree" bone to scale him, but it only shows up correctly in the animation. if you try to just edit it, it ****s up.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
its there a way to expand the size of delphino plaza? and add more colissions? please tell me how.
More collisions? Have you looked into Delphino's file? It has 14 collisiondatas, when most stages have only one.

But I agree Delphino needs working on. I did try messing with it myself but I gave up since I had almost no experience on stages (and still have very few).

I think it should have been hacked so that the main stage is the stage itself, and not the platforms.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
****. i forgot to post this here:

Metal Mario Stage

I know you people will ignore this, but i'm posting it anyway... Would like to congratulate Gamewatching on his original version of this stage (i actually used it as a starting point). The original release by GW was not of the quality i was expecting. Because of that i took it upon myself to fix up his stage and give it the quality that a stage like this deserves.

On top of new textures, i have remodeled the entire stage to reflect the original more accurately. New collisions, new layout, pretty much new everything. This stage plays as close to the 64 version as i can manage with brawl's physics.

I'm not done with this stage yet, however, gameplay-wise it won't change in future updates so i decided to release it now.

Note that this WILL de-sync over wifi with Gamewatching's version.

robinpup

Smash Cadet
More collisions? Have you looked into Delphino's file? It has 14 collisiondatas, when most stages have only one.

But I agree Delphino needs working on. I did try messing with it myself but I gave up since I had almost no experience on stages (and still have very few).

I think it should have been hacked so that the main stage is the stage itself, and not the platforms.
i mean i want to make the stage bigger.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
hmmm....

Bigger as in... bigger? lol
Or as in larger boundaries?

If it's "bigger" bigger, it doesn't sound any hard. All that's needed is a re-scaling of all the models, AFAIK.

Mit

Smash Ace
Metal Mario stage is great. I felt the top boundary might be a little high (although it could have been that way on 64, I definitely don't remember, I always just knocked Metal Mario off the stage and let him fall like meteor), but I definitely think the lower boundary is too high. There are plenty of characters with crazy good recoveries that could die before starting their recovery down there. Just seems a bit awkward. No other similar stages in Brawl with lower boundaries that high.

Rest was great though. Love the ledge on the right. Tons of stage spiking.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Metal Mario stage is great. I felt the top boundary might be a little high (although it could have been that way on 64, I definitely don't remember, I always just knocked Metal Mario off the stage and let him fall like meteor), but I definitely think the lower boundary is too high. There are plenty of characters with crazy good recoveries that could die before starting their recovery down there. Just seems a bit awkward. No other similar stages in Brawl with lower boundaries that high.

Rest was great though. Love the ledge on the right. Tons of stage spiking.
I think the right side boundaries and camera limits are closer to the stage than on the left side... Anyways, the side boundaries were HUGE in 64 too.

Hey people, what exactly gives that "sand in the wind" effect on Mushroomy Kingdom?
Is there a "ef_Stg(name for MK)" file in there somewhere? That might be it, but I could be wrong seeing that I've never looked at that stage before.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
He wasn't trying to make you feel like a loser, dude. Your stage inspired him to make his own version. You shouldn't be ashamed and you shouldn't be feeling defeated either. After all, this isn't a popularity contest. Brawl hacking should be fun, and something that brings us together as a community, not something that makes us sad.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
It's alright GW, you can still vertex hack better than almost everyone.
^this
He wasn't trying to make you feel like a loser, dude. Your stage inspired him to make his own version. You shouldn't be ashamed and you shouldn't be feeling defeated either. After all, this isn't a popularity contest. Brawl hacking should be fun, and something that brings us together as a community, not something that makes us sad.
^This as well
Gamewatching don't feel bad you're still epic remember that :chuckle:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Seriously GW, that Melee Falco vertex was absolutely fan-****ing-tastic and your current work on Yoshi's Story is looking great. Don't be so hard on yourself; your contributions are quite awesome.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I know this probably belongs in the stage hacking club thread, but these are the stages in melee which are not in brawl and aren't made yet (to my knowledge).

Icicle Mountain
Peach's castle
Kongo Jungle (melee one with the log platforms and the rock to the right side)
Termina (already been discussion about it)
Yoshi's Story (a WIP or so I've been told)
Fountain of Dreams (somebody's working on that too)
Venom
old Mute City
Mushroom Kingdom
Brinstar Depths (someone's working on this I think)
Poke Floats
Mushroom Kingdom II
Dreamland 64 (someone's working on this too)
Kongo Jungle 64

Are there any plans for these to be made yet?

P.S: GameWatching, can you make it so your version of Yoshi's Island 64 can be put on Yoshi's Island Melee? or Yoshi's Island brawl?

Matteron

Smash Ace
I know this probably belongs in the stage hacking club thread, but these are the stages in melee which are not in brawl and aren't made yet (to my knowledge).

Icicle Mountain
Peach's castle
Venom
old Mute City
Mushroom Kingdom
Poke Floats
Mushroom Kingdom II
Kongo Jungle 64

Are there any plans for these to be made yet?

P.S: GameWatching, can you make it so your version of Yoshi's Island 64 can be put on Yoshi's Island Melee? or Yoshi's Island brawl?
Icicle Mountain
Peach's castle (being made)
old Mute City
Poke Floats (someone is working on it)
Mushroom Kingdom II

^I removed all of the one that are finished.

Also, any stage can go over one another with the use of .rel, check my sig for more info.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
about yoshi story i hope it does go over yoshi island because of the stage clone engine where everyone says just use rels but that doesn't work with the stage clone engine

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
its not about the rel that's easy it's all about what stage it's over i want yoshi's island to pop up randomly and yoshi story to pop up randomly on the same slot with the same music, if it's over final destination i can make it over yoshi's island but then yoshi's island is gone, maybe ask mewtwo2000 how he makes his stages compatible with many others

Top Bottom