• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Can anyone here help me (maybe Mewtwo2000 or someone who's experienced this)? A guy on BrawlVault is telling me that one of my stages desynchs online. He's assuring me that neither he nor his opponents are using anything else that would desynch the game. Now I've tested this stage in many replays, like I always do before posting anything on BrawlVault. Not only that, but even after posting it, I used the texture myself while I was playing on AllIsBrawl's ladder last year, and that lasted for nearly 3 months. I never once had a desynching problem the whole time.

How do I respond to this? Is it possible that a stage can have a desynching issue that only shows up occasionally? Not to be mean, but my instinct tells me that it must be something on that guy's end, since it's always worked for me.

Edit: Now he's telling me that it only desynchs when he uses a certain Zelda texture on that stage, even though that Zelda works fine for him on other stages, and my stage works when he uses other characters. Looks like it wasn't my stage after all; I blame the Zelda texture.

piggyjelly

Smash Apprentice
I have a question, so say I were to take one of the stage .pac's for the boss battles mode, master hand for instance and then swap that stage out for the regular version of final destination, would that mean that I could select final destination from practice or vs. mode and face master hand anytime I wanted?

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I have a question, so say I were to take one of the stage .pac's for the boss battles mode, master hand for instance and then swap that stage out for the regular version of final destination, would that mean that I could select final destination from practice or vs. mode and face master hand anytime I wanted?
I don't think that will work.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The main tourney complaint I could see against Dimension Field is the vague underside. Aesthetically, it's super badass though. I'll have to put it on sometime during friendlies and get comments on it.

I definitely like this background on FD better though. Some sections of PM FD (the sky section, damn my eyes) can get really distracting which is why I picked up green destination or whatever it was; it got a lot of positive reception.

specialkyo

Smash Cadet
I have an idea for creating a stage for Project Melee (or Brawl if it's easy to make for both versions). Could anyone that knows about making stages answer some questions I have about it? Please send me a private message so I can discuss more about it there.

The stage would involve a basic flat stage with about 4 small platforms. I want to know if I will be able to set the platforms on a mobile path. I also want to know if I can have parts of the stage move up/down/left/right to alter the stages surface . I had an idea of how this could be done, but I need to know if this is even possible before I go further with this.

If I am in the wrong place please let me know. If I am in the wrong place, where would I go to ask these questions?

dabomb2272

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to replace each transition stage of Castle Siege with SSB64 's Sector Z, Hyrule Castle, and Mushroom Kingdom. All the SSB64 stages work on Final Destination. I've also got the Final Destination to Castle Siege .rel file. Everything is named correctly (st_emblem.rel, STGEMBLEM_00.pac, ect.) and in the right folders (.rel in module and .pac in stage>melee). Every time I try to load the stage my Wii freezes. I can't figure what I'm doing wrong. I think it might be the transitional stage which I've replaced with Final Destination and named it STGEMBLEM.pac accordingly. Any help would be appreciated.

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
STGEMBLEM_00.pac to STGEMBLEM_02.pac are the stages themselves, but with no collisions. STGEMBLEM.pac is the file where the transitions, and collisions are in. You'll probably have to put in the collisions yourself.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for the stages I made.

Norfair V2 (Over Spear Pillar; Custom Camera)
[COLLAPSE="Norfair V2"]
[/COLLAPSE]
DL: Norfair V2

Yoshi's Island (Thanks WingedKoopa67; Over Yoshi's Island [Brawl] w/ rel, or FD w/out rel; P:M's Camera)
[COLLAPSE="Yoshi's Island"]
[/COLLAPSE]
DL: Yoshi's Island

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Yoshi's Island (Thanks WingedKoopa67; Over Yoshi's Island [Brawl] w/ rel, or FD w/out rel; P:M's Camera)
[COLLAPSE="Yoshi's Island"]
[/COLLAPSE]
DL: Yoshi's Island
This is beautiful.

Do you think you'd be able to get this to work over other stages too like Mario Circuit or Big Blue or something? I have no idea how to work rel. files. I've tried, but I just can't get them to work. Mostly I've just been trying to replace the more chaotic stages (like Onett or Mario Circuit) with more basic stages such as your Yoshi's Island, but I don't want to get rid of FD or Brawl's Yoshi's Island. This probably is the wrong place to ask, but what should I do?

kobiyashi

Smash Rookie
I'd like to edit the Chemical Plant stage: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36263

I want to raise the water, since it's far too low, and I want to make the middle platform stop spinning and/or make it so you can jump through it from beneath. I'm brand new to stage editing and have been having a hard time finding any comprehensive resources to actually get started on this.

Top Bottom