• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Symphonia Mafia | Game Over - Town Wins Yayuhzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

X1-12

Smash Champion
he's talking about writing a summary of the flavour, I'm not so sure about the idea. I wouldn't do it for now

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
As in, the game in general?

Are we too lazy to use the Wiki or is there some other advantage here?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
[collapse=current vote count]Swiss - 4: Thinkaman, Chacotaco, Dr. Riddler, Hilt
Sworddancer - 1: Blue Yoshi
Dr. Riddler - 1: Sworddancer
UTDZac - 3: Vult Redux, X1-12, Marshigio
Chacotaco - 1: Swiss

Not Voting: Tandora, Rajam, UTDZac

Takes 7 / 13 to lynch!
[/collapse]
blue yoshi swiss is nowhere NEAR a lynch. why dont you put your vote where your mouth is?

swiss if you think chaco was pressuring you to get a read on you and that zacs wagon hop was super scummy then i dont get how your chaco vote is better than your zac vote

yes thinkaman. flavor summary can easily lead to town being distracted from scumhunting and thus be a waste of time and no one cares about it. people can just wiki the game. so dont do it. however if you disagree then just post it cuz i dont care to argue it

i feel like clearing myself. the color of my role is blue

vult...sure. why not. swiss wagon has enough momentum as is. any thoughts on zacs latest posts?

vote zac

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I dunno. Someone suggested it, and the I wrote summary *is* way shorter than running through a bunch of wiki pages or reading the somewhat long plot synopsis on gamefaqs.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
vult...sure. why not. swiss wagon has enough momentum as is. any thoughts on zacs latest posts?
He unvoted and hasn't revoted. And I'm not sure I interpreted his post 139 correctly, but I think he was saying that his vote on Swiss was a joke in the first place.

Basically: no scumhunting initiative.

He's gotta go imo.

Bonus for Swiss voters: Zac's unvoting after Swiss' wagon gained momentum could imply that they are connected if Zac flips scum.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
the wiki pages are mad short. i dont think its necessary

i was scum in allstars and the most gheb gave us was just names. however he had a vanilla role pm in the op. there was no example role pm in muppets and i dunno if scum were told the color

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What you did was morally correct, but was against the law. You can’t change what’s really happened. But you can change what’s going to happen…change yourself as well as the world around you.

---​

Swiss - 4: Thinkaman, Chacotaco, Dr. Riddler, Hilt
Sworddancer - 1: Blue Yoshi
UTDZac - 3: Vult Redux, X1-12, Marshigio
Chacotaco -1: Swiss

Not Voting: Tandora, Rajam, UTDZac

Takes 7 / 13 to lynch!

:059:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
What you did was morally correct, but was against the law. You can’t change what’s really happened. But you can change what’s going to happen…change yourself as well as the world around you.
this made me feel kinda guilty

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Joel's right in that different mafia games can get really different. This one seems crazy fast and sporadic compared to the last game I played (my first).

At any rate, I'd like to hear some ideas of what type of flavor roles we might have. It's been a while since I played ToS.

Chaco

Never Logs In
At any rate, I'd like to hear some ideas of what type of flavor roles we might have. It's been a while since I played ToS.
I don't think there's any pressing need for this, unless you are scum.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Unvote Vote Zac

Where are the inactives?

Zac respond to the points made, why did you jump on my waggon?

In Pikmafia one of the reasons town lost is that they focussed on flavour too much - I'm not too fussed on the flavour analysis or w/e it is, but if Thinkaman thinks it's useful, then he should post it.

If it's literally a condensed version of the wiki then post it, but don't expect anyone to read it yet.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Re-read.

I take back my suspicion on Raj.

Increased suspicion on Zac.

Remove OMGUS and you're really annoying on Chaco.

Put Zac on L-2, maybe he'll grace us with something useful.

@ Thinkaman - what are your thoughts?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Unvote Vote ZacIn Pikmafia one of the reasons town lost is that they focussed on flavour too much.
In Code Geass Mafia, one of the reasons town lost is that they did not focus on flavour for long enough. There were 15 people in 5 3-man neighborhoods, with 4 scum in 4 neighborhoods (one vanilla neighborhood). Had we discussed flavour a little bit, and the neighborhood situations, town could have guessed that there would be one scum in each of the 4 neighborhoods. But they didn't, so all the scum survived, even with 2 scum being the last in the neighborhood. I was scum this game btw :p

Flavour talk can backfire, but it can also help town greatly. I think for what it's worth, let him post the flavour summary. It would take much less time to post the flavour than it would take for us to argue whether or not it is a good idea.

I've never played the games myself, so I wouldn't mind knowing what I am getting myself into.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
blue yoshi why are you still voting dancer? earlier you said you thought swiss was scum but didnt vote him cuz you werent aware that he was nowhere near a lynch. still isnt. do you still like the swiss wagon?

btw i dont get what youre saying about the flavor. town couldve maybe figured that out (much easier said than done cuz who wants to jump to conclusions that could destroy your side) but itdve been speculation about role related info as opposed to flavor junk. i can at least agree that posting the summary would at least nip this discussion in the bud

maybe tanny forgot about this game. prod range?

request tanny prod

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Sorry I'm so late joining the game. I kept waiting for Gheb to send a link to the game in PM. I'm stupid and I apologize. =(

Rushing to read to catch up.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I originally votes for you Swiss cause I didn't like some of your responses to pressure. Then after you made some more posts, as did others, I decided to bck down. I don't have a good read on you yet to understand what you're going for. If others still want you lynched, they can but they don't need my help.

I don't think my character is really helpful as of now. Hard to say, I don't know much about flavor abilities.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Whoa whoa whoa, wait Zac. I thought you said you originally voted for Swiss because you thought his bandwagon was a joke, and that you were just jumping on it for the lolz, but you backed off when you saw it wasn't a joke. What's with the change in the story all of the sudden? :ohwell:

Rajam

Smash Champion
I'm still here
I must catch up on the thread (again ._. my english speed lecture is slow...), so I'll give my insights tomorrow by morning or at noon. I'm pretty sure I'm not voting currently but just in case:

unvote

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
@Zac: Yeah, your original post containing your vote on Swiss was
I'm changing my vote to swiss cause he quad posted, clearly not thinking things through long enough...

Unvote
Vote: Swiss
You didn't like his responses to pressure this early in RVS?

And when you were asked why your vote was on him, you said it was for
No good reason.

unvote
And of course you don't have a good read on him. It's still early D1. Is there anyone you do have a good read on? Because I'd be surprised.

Who are you suspicious of, Zac?

X1-12

Smash Champion
I originally votes for you Swiss cause I didn't like some of your responses to pressure. Then after you made some more posts, as did others, I decided to bck down. I don't have a good read on you yet to understand what you're going for. If others still want you lynched, they can but they don't need my help.

I don't think my character is really helpful as of now. Hard to say, I don't know much about flavor abilities.
Why did you lie and say otherwise then? especially with such a pathetic excuse, is there any way you can make me think it wasn't just you wagonning for wagon's sake

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
"The time has come to awaken the Goddess Martel, who sleeps at the center of the world. From this moment, Colette becomes the Chosen of Regeneration. We of Cruxis bless this event, and hereby bestow the Tower of Salvation upon Sylvarant.

Colette, the Chosen of Regeneration. Unlock the seals that guard the Tower of Salvation and climb its stairs to heaven in distant lands. We of Cruxis shall grant you the power of the angels with each seal you unlock. Once you are reborn as an angel, this eroded world shall be regenerated."

---​

Swiss - 3: Thinkaman, Chacotaco, Dr. Riddler
UTDZac - 4: Vult Redux, X1-12, Marshigio, Swiss

Not Voting: Tandora, Rajam, UTDZac, Hilt, Blue Yoshi

Takes 7 / 13 to lynch!

:059:

Riddle

Smash Lord
I dont understand why everybody is unvoting Swis, I guess I'll have t build a case after I get home from Europe.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Bandwagon unvoting? Meh, not that unusual, even if I'm not following suit. I still can't say anything so far has been more incriminating that Swiss's spammy overreaction; it's not so much that it was super-incriminating, but it has been the thing I feel least good about so far and I don't see that changing before Night.

Zac is trying really hard to challenge that idea though.

At any rate, here's the flavor for anyone that wants it.

A long time ago, Mithos saved the world with his companions Kratos and Yuan, as well as his sister Martel who died. Mithos and his pals basically became gods and started an angel-like civilization named Cruxis with the ultimate goal of reviving Martel.

Cruxis controls everything in a convoluted plan to reach this goal. Part of this includes dividing the world in two like an hourglass, so that one half is always waxing and the other is always waning; the flow from one to the other somehow keeps Martel on life support. Furthermore, Cruix has a puppet organization known as the Desians who are kinda like Nazis, with concentration camps and what-not. People subscribe to a fake religion worshiping Cruxis and "their goddess Martel" hoping for salvation from this. Yuan and Kratos reluctantly follow this plan for many hundred years, as Martel's lingering spirit watches in horror.

Kratos falls in love with a human named Anna in a concentration camp. He tried to help her escape after she gave birth to her son Lloyd, but she died. A dwarf named Dirk found her body and Lloyd, and raised him as an adopted son.

Lloyd grows up in a small town with his best friends Genis and Colette. They go to school under their teacher Raine, Genis's sister. Colette is the "chosen one" who will one day undergo the "journey of salvation" to save the world and defeat the Desians. In reality all she is doing is sacrificing her body as a potential vessel for Martel to be revived in, and "flipping the hourglass" so the other half of the world will be suffering and it will be their turn to do all this and the cycle can continue.

The journey begins, and at key points the party meets the angel Remiel (of Cruxis) who claims to be Colette's true father and gives the instructions for the journey.

The party is also joined by Kratos, who claims to be a mere mercenary. Kratos think Lloyd is his son, but everyone is clueless as to his role and view him as just a regular guy. Under his guidance, the party successfully compeletes their long journey killing countless Desians including major generals along the way.

Late in the journey, the party starts to be attacked by an ninja named Sheena. Sheena has been sent from the other world to kill Colette and stop their journey. (So the hourglass cannot "flip" and her world becoem the sucky one.) She ultimately befriends and joins the party.

When the journey is complete, the party makes it to the Tower of Salvation and Colette begins to sacrifice herself. Remiel shows up, gets cocky, and breaks out his "I'm evil you guys are dumb" speech too soon, and the party kills him. Kratos was AWOL during this, and Remiel calls out for his mercy. Kratos reveals awesome angel wings and there is an optional boss fight where he probably destroys the party.

Then Mithos shows up, referring to himself by his obscure last name "Yggdrasil". He's an incredibly powerful angel who annihilates the party. (Unwinnable fight.)

The party, including Colette, is saved by a group of Desians you defeated previously. Turns out they are not Desians, but a rebel anti-Desian group called the Renegade who dress as Desians to further their goals. This group is led by Botta and Yuan; Yuan does this in secret rebellion against Mithos. The party escapes to the other world. (The other side of the "hourglass")

Here they find new party members:
-Zelos, the current "chosen one" of this world.
-Presea, a young girl who is actually 28, trapped in her body by years of evil experiments and technologies.
-Regal, mysterious guy who turns out to be super wealthy. Mercy-killed Presea's sister. Really awesome character, BTW.
-Mithos, joins the party but doesn't fight. A young boy who claims to have been named after the legendary hero Mithos. He is secretly the real Mithos aka Yggdrasil, spying on the party. However, he seems to develop some real friendship with the party, especially Genis.

After a long adventure spanning both worlds, the party moves to take on Mithos. Zelos betrays the party, and Colette is captured.

Based on a plot point, one of two events will happen:
-Zelos will double cross Mithos, and Kratos will refuse to take sides.
-The party will kill Zelos, and Kratos will double-cross Mithos.

Either way, Mithos successfully gets Martel into Colette's body, and Martel finally gets to tell Mithos how foolish all his actions have been. She says goodbye and her spirit is able to finally be free. The party fights and defeats the distraught Mithos.

The game goes on a little past that because Mithos is stubborn and refuses to die, but it's not really that relevant to Mafia.

CONCLUSION:

Party:
Lloyd
Genis
Colette- Sacrifice power?
Kratos- Double agent
Raine- Doc
Sheena- Double agent? Investigative role?
Zelos- Traitor
Presea
Regal
Dirk (adoptive father)
Noishe (giant dog)

Renegade Faction:
Yuan
Botta

Cruxis:
Mithos Yggdrasil
Desian Generals: Pronyma, Rodyle, Forcystus, Kvar, Magnius

Martel would be really hard/weird to have as a functional role.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Probably wasn't a good idea to speculate roles. Just sayin'.

#HBC | Dancer

@Thinkaman: Why are you pushing this flavor thing so hard? I mean like, are you reaally that stuck on the idea of writing up a flavor summary?

@Marshy: Care to explain your fos on me?

@Hilt: Right now, purely on instinct, I'm thinking that you're scum, but of course I could be wrong. So, tell me, who's scum?

Normally, I would say that BY's push for the flavor talk is scummy, but right now I'm actually thinking more dumb than scum with you. I did see him talk about how he thought in Code Geass mafia that thew flavor talk would of helped town, so I can see why he'll try to talk about it here.

Also, more stuff about Swiss. . . it seems a lot of people have been voting for him because of the way he reacted, which is fine. Tbh, I was getting the impression from the read through that people were voting for him because they thought he actually slipped as scum. Still though, the massive amounts of unvoting unnerves me a bit. . . it's like once people saw people on the Swiss wagon get some flank they backed off. Not to sound with that.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Got some flank? From whom? I had my vote on Swiss because he acted like a child when the slightest bit of pressure was put on him. It was an extremely scummy reaction. I still don't like his play. But I don't want him lynched enough to keep a vote put on him. And what's all this talk of a "bandwagon unvote"? I was the only person that had a vote on Swiss that unvoted. If you're going to accuse me of something, accuse me directly.

Anyways. I'm a bit wary of Blue Yoshi. Unlike the others that jumped on the Swiss Wagon, he joined in solely because of Swiss' Night Kill "threat", which was an extremely easy action to make.
um... "Explain your vote or I'll get MY SCUM BUDDIES to nk you".

Uh... obvious scum slip, or... uh...

You made my un-self-voting easy.

Vote: Swiss
Basically just saw an opportunity for a wagon and jumped on it. Did you actually believe it was a scum slip BY? Or did you just say that so you had a reason to hop aboard?

Vote: Blue Yoshi

I also don't like Zac's contradiction he made recently, as well as his inactivity. But that isn't enough for me to jump on his wagon.

#HBC | Dancer

Also, this post made me think a lot of people were unvoting:

I dont understand why everybody is unvoting Swis, I guess I'll have t build a case after I get home from Europe.
Anyways though, now I want to hear from Riddle and Zac again. Also Tandora and Rajam.

AND

unvote vote Zac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom