• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

GameWatching

Smash Ace
sorry about the eyes !
it's not obvious to succeed them if you havn't the texture shown in 3ds max :urg:

anyway,
i fixed the ear problem and moved the microphone :

Mit

Smash Ace
Melee Fox's nose seems to be a little bit too long:

Best reference image I could find. It just looks like yours currently is a bit too long and pointy. Looking great otherwise though.

And I love the face/hair of BeyondYou's Roy, but I love Piks' texturing a ton more (not to mention the fixed arm vertexing). Blends with Brawl a bit better.

I think I'd go with BeyondYou's at this point, especially if he fixed up the arms and toned down the saturation on some of his textures. That's some heated competition though :p

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Well I've Finished panther, in 3ds :|

I don't think i want to try and export it, it'll just end in disapointment

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
And I love the face/hair of BeyondYou's Roy, but I love Piks' texturing a ton more (not to mention the fixed arm vertexing). Blends with Brawl a bit better.

I think I'd go with BeyondYou's at this point, especially if he fixed up the arms and toned down the saturation on some of his textures. That's some heated competition though :p
Surely, it' even harder to decide when you are a Roy main in Melee like myself.

spiderjjr45

Smash Apprentice
Well I've Finished panther, in 3ds :|

I don't think i want to try and export it, it'll just end in disapointment

If you fail in the export, you could send it to me, I've done a bunch of insane projects, like Bayleef, and I've managed to get them to export correctly.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I actually kind of like the hair on Pik's Roy. It's not like in Melee, but it reminds me of the concept art for Roy, which I think is pretty cool.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
why peoples makes awesome hacks and not me :urg: ?
Stop being so down on yourself. Seriously. You make awesome stuff and then come on here and whine that you're not good. You're seeking attention. You are good. Quit whining. More people are looking forward to Yoshi's Story, Melee FD, and Melee Fox than any other upcoming stand-alone hack in Brawl (I say "stand alone" because I don't want to include full on conversions, like Project M). Melee Falco was brilliant, and you're one of the best hackers on here.

You're better than you think you are, so quit moaning about how terrible you are.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
after that's done post it in the amy topic im not sure if that's ever gonna get done with an import but if it was a vertex it probably could be

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Snake, you know who that is?

That's...

Who? :D

Also, ignore the texture quality, for some reason, it gets killed in 3ds Max.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice

Please tell me WHY no one has done this yet?
Holy CRAP Spiderjjr45. You are a BEAST. Only things you really need to pay attention to now are the skirt and you need to remove the shoe buckle.

Now if only someone could possibly make one of Tails....

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Don't be so sure Star.... I solved your 3DS error! =D!!!

That's only Zoroaks arms and legs... but the point is it works... I'll fix the rest of the polygons later....
Any future edits you do, I can fix them up for you :)
Oh my God. Please, I beg of you, import the rest of the model.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Zoroark sucks. The new games suck. The model however, looks cool.

And Matteron, I see you haven't played Wind Waker! :(

Also, REALLY off-topic, but I drew this when I was bored.

I know the coloring is a bit off, but this took me about..15 minutes to make. Yep, was bored.

Piks

Smash Journeyman

1. BeyondYou hasn't gotten to changing his face yet. I think. (I wouldn't know?)
2. Both textures are mine, lol

But yeah, this Roy thing is quite fun. In the end, I'm glad that people have two different options to fit their tastes. It's better than just having one for sure.

Plus it's fun going up against BY. His stuff is quality.

Mit

Smash Ace
Ah, well, the current textures you're using are clearly different from BeyondYou's (especially the cape/hair) Your Roy just has a little bit too much of a baby face to me right now @_@

My guess is you're going for less of this:

And more of this:

In any case, after all this is done, someone should hook this up on Marth:

Or this over Ike :)

zomg or this over Ike

I've been wanting old Ike for so long ;_; it's so much more suitable to his humongous amount of power in Brawl. Someone find his model from Radiant Dawn and morph it D:

Fen__

Smash Ace
Eh, I don't think Eliwood would look particularly great over Ike. Eliwood's still kind of small.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Ah, well, the current textures you're using are clearly different from BeyondYou's (especially the cape/hair) Your Roy just has a little bit too much of a baby face to me right now @_@
perhaps you don't understand

Pik made the texture that BeyondYou is using for his Roy, and Pik is also making the texture for the Roy that he's making himself.

Mit

Smash Ace
I do understand. Now read what I said again.

What's the problem? O.o They're still two different textures, Piks just responsible for both of them.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman

It's Princess Shroob. Unfortunately, the **** thing won't patch and I can't get it to work. If anyone thinks that they can import/patch this model, send me a PM and I'll give you the .max file.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Yes, you are right. It's Fado. I'm done with the legs and body now. I have to do the arms, nose, ears, neck, and hair, then I'll texture it.

n64billy

Smash Ace
It's Princess Shroob. Unfortunately, the **** thing won't patch and I can't get it to work. If anyone thinks that they can import/patch this model, send me a PM and I'll give you the .max file.
She looks great!

I can import it all if you want.. it's really quite easy, was in Mariokarts latest tutorial video, but anyways... If you still need someone to import it for you, send me the file, and tell me which polygons you want imported.. (AKA: The ones you edited)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

It exported alirght. for the most part, his eyes stick out of i=his head thuogh :|

i dunno how i am going to add the scar on his face. its either on both sides or none D:

Alses

Smash Apprentice
More progress for a character no one seem to care about!

Fado is cool... But Laruto is a much cooler sage :p
And for those who don't know who laruto is here's a reference pic:

Edit: Forgot to say that Laruto over zelda would work well... If i had some skill in vertexing I would make it but I don't so...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Matteron, I plan on making the sword into the violin bow, and the shield into the violin. And Alses, I don't really like zoras, and Fado looks cool in my opinion.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I've followed all of the tutorials and I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right. This file keeps screwing up when I export it and view it in Brawl Box. This process works fine for me with other characters and even other vertex sets of Link. Whenever I load up any Link front hair (vertex set 0) it comes up with a Bad Faces message, even if I use the default Link PAC file.

I'm trying to make a Xemnas vertex hack over Link and I can't really make much progress with it if I can't get the hair right. I've tried double patching, triple, quadruple, and even patching it five times and it still doesn't work. Can somebody help me out here? I would be very grateful. This is my 3DS max vertex edit of the hair, gloves, earrings, boots, and straps.

http://www.mediafire.com/?16lx9gonxralceo

Also, when texturing Donkey Kong, what's the best way to get rid of his fur? Should I hex all of his fur polygons out or would it cause problems hexing out that many things at once?

Top Bottom