• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I can't think of anything that'll bail Banjo out of a loss

:/
This.

I was thinking maybe if they split up, they had a chance (I think Kazooie is bigger than Conker) but he still has...a shotgun.
Maybe if Banjo threw his wrench at him (lol ratchet), but he still has...a shotgun.
Maybe if they ran and chucked nades, but he still has...a shotgun.
B-K are as good as animal hide in Conker's place.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Edit: shoot someone asked that... but no one answered.
Shotguns 8.5 pounds failllllll... he can hold it.
But the question is, will he be fine with the knockback?

REL38

Smash Lord
I take back what I said

Banjo can cook the grenades and toss them a good distance away

Shotguns reach around 20 or so yards , depending on Conkers type of shotgun

Rather meh on Kazooie flying
Kinda doubtfu

Also wouldn't mark Conkers as necessarily closing in that well
Banjo and Kazooie have got the edge in mobility

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Shotguns reach around 20 or so yards , depending on Conkers type of shotgun.
Don't take it the wrong way, but:

>Shotguns.

>20 yards.

If you don't know what I am talking about, shotguns loaded with shells (the ones that spread into lots of tiny pieces) have an effective range of 50 meters. Rougly 54 yards.

And if you load a shotgun with slugs, then you turn it into what can be described as a rifle, being capable of shooting as far as 100 meters, AKA 109 yards.

Banjo is finished.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski

Wouldn't this be a better weapon?
I doubt (as someone said previously) that Conker could hold on to a shotgun due to recoil...
Anyone have any idea what kind of shotgun Conker has?

UncleSam

Smash Master

Wouldn't this be a better weapon?
I doubt (as someone said previously) that Conker could hold on to a shotgun due to recoil...
Anyone have any idea what kind of shotgun Conker has?
dude, YOU were the one who said he couldn't handle the recoil. >_>

Nova9000

Smash Lord
But regardless, Banjo can't do squat against a shotgun. Even if there is recoil, Banjo is dead.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Salamence has Fire Breath, claws and horns

Dragonite has great intelligence, Bio-electricity, size, claws, horn on his head

JOE!

Smash Hero
forgot to mention Salamence's wings and tail also make weapons...along with both being better than DNite's counterparts

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
well dnites horn seems kind of obselete, but isn`t he way larger? Body slam ftw.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Oh yea I figured that much. I was thinking of that giant one form the anime...it wasn`t til later I remembered I read an article about size descrepincy issues in the anime...ah well.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
From what it looks like I give it to Dragonite. He's about twice as tall and heavy, so his size gives him an advantage. They both have horn(s) and claws, so it really boils down to electricity v. flame, and their X factors. Dragonite is smarter than Salamance, so he would exploit Salamence easier. And by looking at their builds, I'm not too sold on if Salamance can fly. I know for sure Dragonite cannot, but if he can't either then this is def. Dragonite's win considering he has an Ivysaur type quadpedal build. Unless he has something that I'm missing, this is lopsided.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Salamence will have to reach speeds of over 200 miles per hour or so and maintain it, so unless it's up above a large cliff Salamence shouldn't fly. In fact, I'm iffy about the wing structure because it looks more like an axe than wings. Salamence should be a bit quicker than Dragonite as well with Dragonite's weight issue.

I must ask how would electricity work for Dragonite as well to help give my thoughts about who would win. I'm too lazy to go back some 1000 pages to find an article here about how Pikachu would use it, but I was lucky enough to stalk the thread when discussing Spyro vs. Crash.

Minor note:

Bulbapedia entry on Salamence:
The gray portions include its lower jaw and its belly, the latter of which appears armored in a similar manner to the shell in possessed as a Shelgon.
Should we count Salamence as armored? I know that it probably won't help in the long run, but you may never know.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Salamence will have to reach speeds of over 200 miles per hour or so and maintain it, so unless it's up above a large cliff Salamence shouldn't fly. In fact, I'm iffy about the wing structure because it looks more like an axe than wings. Salamence should be a bit quicker than Dragonite as well with Dragonite's weight issue.
hey at least Salamence has a better chance at flying than Dragonite. His wingspan is at a much batter ratio to his size than Dragonite.

I must ask how would electricity work for Dragonite as well to help give my thoughts about who would win. I'm too lazy to go back some 1000 pages to find an article here about how Pikachu would use it, but I was lucky enough to stalk the thread when discussing Spyro vs. Crash.
Look anyway

Should we count Salamence as armored? I know that it probably won't help in the long run, but you may never know.
I don't care, but it's on the underbelly which is kind of pointless since he's on 4 legs, it's his back that need protection.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Look anyway
Fine then... (goes to main page, goes to first round matchups, finds pichu matchup and clicks, sees your post... f&@k)

I wish I can remember Physics class now. Well at least Salamence's dry skin (assuming that dragons were based of reptiles) would make it harder to kill technically.

I don't care, but it's on the underbelly which is kind of pointless since he's on 4 legs, it's his back that need protection.
Hey, IF Salamence can fly then the armor should help from below attacks.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Looking at Salamence:

Look at his tail; that's a dangerous weapon. I bet a few whips from that on Dragonite would kill him. I doubt his fire/claws would do anything to Dragonite.
What about Dragonite:

I don't think those claws would hurt Salamence all that much.
I'm not sure where the electricity would come from on Dragonite, but if it's the horn then I don't think Dragonite can win. If Dragonite charged at Salamence, all Salamence has to do is whip Dragonite before he got to him.
If Dragonite can fling electricity at Salamence (I don't know how he would) then Dragonite has the win.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why? Salamence could probably take a few hits from electricity anyway. I'm not all too impressed by it's tail, but I bet Salamence could give Dragonite a nasty bite. And I'd deffinatly count Salamence to be better armoured as well. I'm giving it to Salamence.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Why? Salamence could probably take a few hits from electricity anyway. I'm not all too impressed by it's tail, but I bet Salamence could give Dragonite a nasty bite. And I'd deffinatly count Salamence to be better armoured as well. I'm giving it to Salamence.
Depends on how much electricity it is but it's still going to hurt.
And take a look at its mouth; it's not going to get a grab of Dragonite...
You're REALLY underestimating his tail.
http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/other-animals/crocodile-monitor.cfm said:
This tail whip is so powerful that if you are unfortunate to be hit by it, you will be left with extreme welts and even skin lacerations.
And that's from a crocodile, which I would imagine Salamance is much larger than that.
Bulbapedia said:
much larger than a komodo dragon...
Also, Dragonite doesn't have a thumb... and doesn't have elbows...

UncleSam

Smash Master
so uh, Marthage told me to use 30% of dragonite's weight for electricity (I'm not making the limit here ppl so don't complain) and got 59,538,761.3 KJ of energy, somebody convert that into w/s like I did for pikachu plz.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Looking at Salamence:

Look at his tail; that's a dangerous weapon. I bet a few whips from that on Dragonite would kill him. I doubt his fire/claws would do anything to Dragonite.
What about Dragonite:

I don't think those claws would hurt Salamence all that much.
I'm not sure where the electricity would come from on Dragonite, but if it's the horn then I don't think Dragonite can win. If Dragonite charged at Salamence, all Salamence has to do is whip Dragonite before he got to him.
If Dragonite can fling electricity at Salamence (I don't know how he would) then Dragonite has the win.
Electricity=Contact power. If Salamence's tail touches Dragonite's horn. Then GG Salamence.

JOE!

Smash Hero
kinda like how Machamp moves mountains in his dex entry?

anyways, it is because of the fact that he learns thunderpunch & wave naturally, along with him commonly seen packing Thunder in-game when you see him, thus having him have much more of a connection to electricity than the other pseudos...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Haven't read the whole discussion yet, but for the record, Salamence isn't that short. His head is 4'11" from the ground, while the rest of his body is hella long(see any of the 3D games), kinda like a snake/chinese dragon. Dnite is still bulkier, but I think from head to tail, Mence is actually longer.

See these for comparison and don't flame me if I skimmed too fast/this wasn't an issue to begin with.
Dunno why I'm defending him, always been more of a Dragonite person myself.

Edit: It would take more than one tail swipe to bring it down..

Sieguest

Smash Master
ur doin it wrong, his antennae arc currents.
Lulwut? How exactly? Are dragonite's antennae conductive. The reason why it worked for Pika is because the red pouches seemed to show that they were of some conductive material. There is no such implication on Dragonite. As a contact power, it can still follow the same pattern as when a human touches a doorknob and gets shocked.
Even if it does hit the *cough*horn*cough*, the tail will hit Dragonite's head, which would end up as a tie.
And? If I hit you over the head with a metal pole is it a 100% chance that you will die?
Also size isn't everything. You still have to account for how much acceleration goes behind that tail swing.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Even if it does hit the *cough*horn*cough*, the tail will hit Dragonite's head, which would end up as a tie.
no it won't, right before contact the shock will transfer causing muscle contraction which will stiffen the tail stopping it.

come to think of it same **** goes down with pikachu as well.
well more proof he beats lucario and diddy.
yeah that's right, I didn't forget.

I NEVER FORGET

Top Bottom