• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m1] mario kart mafia | who won the race?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
A few final notes about night actions and such...

@Doctor
Protect Omni/Ronike. Very VERY VERY strong town read on both of them. I want them both alive as long as possible.

@Vig
Use your own judgement, but if (or should I say when?) Overswarm flips scum, I'd look very hard at the people not on his wagon.

@my partner
Switch. Trust me.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Nich, be careful with that. actually, here i'll show you guys a good meta.

i think everyone should relay whether or not they want to switch at the end of the Day by either saying

"Let's switch."
"Let's not switch."

ONLY using these two statements exactly phrased as they are. this way if everyone makes this decision it's impossible for scum to accurately tell who is partnered with who while partners can communicate freely what choices they want to make with their partner.

basically, you'll be able to distinguish your partner's decision, scum can't decipher it since everyone is obligated to make that decision, and it leaves a paper trail of switch actions in case a person claims their position in the future.

someone review this and let me know if there are any flaws

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Going to bed now (I don't check smashboards after 4:30 most days).

If we're not going to lynch me toDay, I'd say lynch Junglefever. View his posts in the thread. -_-;;

Zen is posting much more than he did as town in previous games. Just a note.

My updated plan, depending on the mod's response, was to get someone else lynched toDay and then post my role PM during twilight so that we both died (two lynches for town!), but this apparently causes two Night phases and is an unacceptable course of action.

--

1. Ronike
2. Nicholas1024
3. Mark Benford (Jungle Fever)
4. SwordsRBroken
5. Overswarm
6. Meta-Kirby
7. Rockin
8. Airgemini
9. Zεη
10. Rajam
11. Sold2 replaces Vult Redux
12. Hilt
13. TigerWoods
14. Omni

--

Omni, your plan will only work for the next 2 Days or so. Afterwards, scum will easily be able to go back and see who was paired with who with repeated usage of this plan, and be able to pick out power roles easier.

Given that everyone has a BP ability in the driver position one time... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there are probably multiple kill abilities in this game. Probably two mafia factions each with a kill, but I can't confirm that. just keep that in mind, especially on a flip.

I suggest going all with Omni's "switch/noswitch" plan for toDay at least. There's no harm in doing it on one day, because then you can't see any patterns.

@Omni

What do you think of Ronike?

What do you think of the weaker players that are saying "OS needs to die!" and not adding anything relevant?

@game: it's pretty obvious I'm town. Seriously, if you think I'm scum at this point you're off your rocker. There's no reason to think I'm scum. Irritating, sure. But not scum. You're just looking for a peace of mind lynch with me right now.

That's fine, but it's not the best path for town to take.

I would strongly suggest looking for an alternative lynch target; even if you don't commit to one, you still GET a lynch lined up for the next Day. Don't publicly confirm you're going for an OS lynch just yet, even if you're dead set on it; pressure others and see where it goes. Scum will flip out if they don't think they'll lynch me toDay; what would YOU do if you had a townie this lined up for a lynch then town started looking elsewhere? Look for reactions. Maybe I'll get lynched toDay, maybe I won't, but you can get the right reactions regardless of whether I am. Go hunting and ask OTHER people questions.

I think you're getting more out of this Day with me alive than me dead at the moment. I'll post more tomorrow.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
What do we do if we disagree?
The only thing you can do is breadcrumb abilities and hope your partner sees eye to eye, but that is dangerous seeing as how we don't have it confirmed that scum aren't paired with town.

I'd say just keep quiet if you disagree.

Omni

BRoomer
@Ronike: if you disagree then you just disagree, but at least you'll know that your partner doesn't want to switch so you can be aware of what position you'll be in during the Night phase. also, your partner not making the switch could be an action that leaves a trail to later in the game sorta dealie liiike if we start figuring who's partners are who end game then we can look at their switch history to see if they followed suit.

the whole point of everyone saying just those two terms "let's switch, let's not switch" is so that scum can't locate teams AND because it leaves that paper trail for future reference.

just an idea. im personally a fan of always just playing it out but this idea came to mind when i saw Nich post, 'let's switch' and thought about the consequences of people voicing out their wantingness to switch. i accidentally almost revealed whether or not i was teamed with Nich (hence the "omg you see nothing" edit)

Omni

BRoomer
@OS: you have a point that this could be a bit more detrimental in the future

let's just leave it alone then since im scared it may create an opening

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
@Sold2: i asked you a question about your post. read up and answer it
Was it the spider-man picture? Or was it you asking Swords how he felt about the picture? If you think my posts are "scummily-written," then uhh I don't know what to tell you. You probably think I'm repeating yourself, based off what Ronike said, and I can see how you think that. I agreed with a lot your points, yes, but it's not like I copy-pasted you, or I'm trying to rely on your grand opinion to make myself look awesome. I was reading over D1, and noticed OS contradicting himself with that obviously weak defense "I don't want to manipulate town" and from there it's hard not to come to that conclusion. Since it's relevant, how do you feel about OS's shift in behavior?

@Mod: When someone is lynched/flips, do we learn their position?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Actually, I think that's only L-1. OS is still alive (for the moment). Anyways, today IS the specified hammer date, OS, and Swords did say several days ago that he'd hammer you today.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Actually, I think that's only L-1. OS is still alive (for the moment). Anyways, today IS the specified hammer date, OS, and Swords did say several days ago that he'd hammer you today.
Wasn't the plan. You're acting desparate, Nich.

There's no reason to hammer me prior to me speaking whatsoever; Friday itself is early in the game for me to be lynched, no reason to do it at 8 a.m. before I have a chance to post.

Omni

BRoomer
stop being suspicious of people who want you dead

hurry up and post what you wanna post

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Um... yes it was. It's been said several times by multiple people that the hammer date was today. In fact, Omni and I would have gotten you hammered earlier, had people been willing to do it. And I'm hardly desperate, just tired of your antics.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
vote SworsRBroken

Explain yourself. Why didn't you wait for me to post?
Read the rules. There is the twilight period.

13) Twilight Phase will occur between Day Phase and Night Phase for a variable period. All living players including those about to be lynched will be allowed to communicate in thread until a death scene is posted.
If you wanted to state your thoughts, you should have done it already. I've said several times that i was going to hammer today, even though that wasn't the hammer.

Would someone please hammer OS by tonight?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
throw banana
pointless

I hope, anyway. If bolded statments like "spike shell: Rockni" or "throw banana" are actual actions I'd find that hilariously awesome XD

I'm sort of at an impasse here. Rarely do i see OS just sort of giving up and say 'go ahead and lynch me' when apparently there's still something he could have said, he's just not divulging that information (see Nicks 65).

ON the other hand, i don't like how quick Hilt and Tiger are to just lynch him. I don't really see what we learn about the mechanics of this game by lynching OS. You're assuming that OS actually knows something more about his partner than everyone else (or at least those who have stated something about it). But Tiger also fence sits on it like, yeah at this point in time (one irl day lol) we dont have a better lynch so lets stick with him! I agree that OS's defense has been shabby at best, but you have an overeagerness that's making me queezy.
Hilt wasn't quick to lynch me at all, at least not in the sense JF was stating here, but I can understand it.

But I don't like this early defense of me.

Man then i get ninja'd by both OS and Tiger

There is something he can do, and that's show us what he was planning to do. I don't see how it can be detrimental, at the very least, to himself to reveal what he wanted to do.

Why are you satisfied with that defense?
He basically said

I'm right or Nick's right lol.
Meh

You say there's no better lynch but no real discussion has been had about anything else because he made his slip so early. Your syntax makes it sound like there was ever any other real candidates ever up on the chopping block, but to my knowledge that doesn't seem to be the case.

Also what will a vote count do for you? You can't go back through 60 posts and highlight the word "vote" and figure out how many people are voting OS? Dunno how i feel about you at the moment.
Meh. Harping on people for vote counts is as easy as requesting for votecounts. Doesn't imply town or scum either way.

You say 'at the time.' does this imply that someone else is sticking out to you now?
A good post, kinda. Except it is again in a discussion with Tiger. Most of these have been.

There's really no point in waiting now. OS has completely taken over the discussion and I don't really see anything driving us away from it. He says he's 'doing something' but nothing that helps town, or as far as i can see.

Vote: OS thats L-1
I find anyone that refuses to participate or ask questions and then to say "this guy in monopolizing the discussion" to be pretty lame. I figured town would have a field day toDay with all the extra info and reads they are able to get on D1, but town just kinda relaxed and wasted a day.

what does 'in danger' mean? He said something that stood out to me, the fact that your response was 'okay.' His responses to your case and to what i was asking/saying didn't sit well with me. You don't have to be in danger to say something that stands out/is suspicious.
lmao i know i read that after and asked mysefl the same thing. Basically, I just pointed out things that stood out to me when Tiger responded to your 'defense.' I found his initial reaction to be suspicious/odd.
JF plays a specific scum game, and his play this game smells like it pretty hardcore.

When OS gave his defense, he just said 'he was okay with taht' when i believe that there wasn't anyhting OS said in his defense other than (dont lynch me). I don't see how he could be okay with that or even get "town vibes' from a post like that.

I think waiting for a vote count in itself was unnecessary, especially when i think only 2 peopl ehad their vote on OS at the time? It seemed really hesistant to vote when if he had read like 10 posts back he'd see all the votes on OS and realize he's not going to hammer OS at that moment. Maybe I am making a big deal out of little things, but little things start to add up.
I don't like Tigerwoods either, but I still don't like how JF goes after him.

Why are you assuming that they are paired up a specific way? Just by the sample PMs? Or do you know something else
Irrelevant now with new info

What are you scared of Swords?
Irritating.

JF stands out as scummy to me. That's all the info we have from him; I almost feel as if TWoods and JFever are both scum, but the chances of me getting two scum on D1 are really slim. Regardless, I really don't like either. Keep pressure on both of them, make JFever make a case on D2 before anyone else. If JFever is scum, he'll fall apart if you make him keep posting.
---------

My play in this game turned into "set myself up for a lynch" shortly after I realized Nich was dumb and tunneling again. Rather than let him hand the game to scum again, I figured I'd just toDay to put as much information out there as possible. The only way to let myself live would be to lie or manipulate town, unless Town came to its senses. While this could be good in the short term, in the long term it'd be bad; it'd get to late game and I'd be lynched based on Nich's post early D1 if he flipped Town. That's no good.

Certain things are pretty obvious in situations like this. I'm Town; you all know this. You're lynching me for confirmation... not a flip. You already know what I am. Scum has known since the beginning.

Look back at the exchanges. Once this thing picks up steam, why would scum stay on the wagon and post? They wouldn't. They'd fade away and just wait, because they can.

I unfortunately didn't get as much info today as I would like, as many players refused to make any plays toDay that weren't me. Starting to wonder if I should have just gotten someone else lynched instead of me and manipulated Town, but I feel confident that toDay gave more information to town than some random flip.

unvote vote Junglefever

Can't post as much as I'd like just yet at work, but will do so on other players as I can.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
By the way, if rajam doesn't post, i'm going after him tomorrow.
You're very scummy. Why would you go after a complete and literal inactive that is receiving prods instead of going after someone who is inactive, but skating by with a few random posts that mean nothing? Which do you think scum would do?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Read the rules. There is the twilight period.

If you wanted to state your thoughts, you should have done it already. I've said several times that i was going to hammer today, even though that wasn't the hammer.

Would someone please hammer OS by tonight?
Um... Swords, read my post. It's still day phase, you just put OS at L-1. We still need a hammer.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Ah, sorry, I did misread it. I thought he said "This is the twilight period", not "There is". Apologies.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yeah I was gonna say there was a twilight.

OS what do you mean the only thing you could do was manipulate town? What's your definition of manipulate and how would you have gone about it? As Sold said, it seems you have been manipulating quite a bit.

As for my posting, Omni kept getting on me about it so I'm posting more duh. And you have limited meta on me. Most games I generally post more than average when I'm town.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Overswarm, I just went to look at your list of people and noticed that Meta-Kirby and Zen are yellow. What's your reason for it? (I was pretty sure you liked Zen as town)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm, I just went to look at your list of people and noticed that Meta-Kirby and Zen are yellow. What's your reason for it? (I was pretty sure you liked Zen as town)
Meta-Kirby's timings seem very deliberate and safe, and hasn't really said anything of importance.

Zen's playing more aggressive than I've seen him do before. It may be that he feels more comfortable, seeing as how it is very unlikely he could be a target for toDay. It's primarily meta. I like what he's saying, but it's really easy for that for a careful player at the moment. I still consider him Town, but i wouldn't bank on it at the moment. His aggressiveness just seems off key and ungenuine. Like very careful parroting.

Stuff like this:

Yeah I was gonna say there was a twilight.

OS what do you mean the only thing you could do was manipulate town? What's your definition of manipulate and how would you have gone about it? As Sold said, it seems you have been manipulating quite a bit.

As for my posting, Omni kept getting on me about it so I'm posting more duh. And you have limited meta on me. Most games I generally post more than average when I'm town.
bam bam bam

"this guy said this, so what about that? This guy told me to do this, so I'm doing that!" followed by a meta claim that is, frankly, not true. I found Zen was town D1 with a day cop masonry and he's quiet as a mouse all game.

I don't necessarily think he's scum because of it, but as I've been rereading players, I find myself making excuses to see him as town. That is generally a bad thing, so I put him as yellow.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Meta-Kirby's timings seem very deliberate and safe, and hasn't really said anything of importance.

Zen's playing more aggressive than I've seen him do before. It may be that he feels more comfortable, seeing as how it is very unlikely he could be a target for toDay. It's primarily meta. I like what he's saying, but it's really easy for that for a careful player at the moment. I still consider him Town, but i wouldn't bank on it at the moment. His aggressiveness just seems off key and ungenuine. Like very careful parroting.

Stuff like this:

bam bam bam

"this guy said this, so what about that? This guy told me to do this, so I'm doing that!" followed by a meta claim that is, frankly, not true. I found Zen was town D1 with a day cop masonry and he's quiet as a mouse all game.

I don't necessarily think he's scum because of it, but as I've been rereading players, I find myself making excuses to see him as town. That is generally a bad thing, so I put him as yellow.
When someone says something before I do, it makes sense to say "as so-and-so said". I have different examples of you manipulating than he does though.

Like I said, the two games I've been in with you don't tell you much.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's generally a bad thing for someone to say exactly what you'd say, and you have nothing new.

What do you think of Air Gemini, Zen?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Haven't payed attention to Air at all. He seems like the general mafia player. Like everything he has said has been the basic right-thing-to-say.

Omni

BRoomer
pretty broad question, os. i think you should be more detailed with your questions lest you look like you're asking questions for the sake of asking

which i've felt you've been doing a lot of the past couple of days

Rajam

Smash Champion
ok, I'm back; I was *** ill last 2~3 days, so I'll try to catch up as much as I can today and these days. (20 pages saldjlkjsa we need to go back to 50cc lol)

Top Bottom