• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m1] mario kart mafia | who won the race?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Looking back I don't like this question much.
@ everyone if OS was lynched and turned up tow who'd be the most suspicious in your opinion? And if he was mafia would that change your view on anyone and who?
and I disagree with the first half of this post.
I'm... wow. I don't really know what to think of this. I don't think it particularly makes Rockin scummy but I'm just curious why he's so focused on defending him (from my point of view anyways). Like someone else said, if there's a possibility of there being two different mafia groups this could very well be a plan by Rockin to save his (mafia) partner. Of course nothing is for sure, just what came to mind. Also, at OS's character claiming - That's not really a good idea since mafia sometimes has safe claims (Disney Mafia lol) as Omni said and it could put other townies at risk rather than mafia itself should evil characters in the Mario universe be town as mentioned. I'm not sure how claiming partners could help anything since they don't really KNOW who you are.... :confused:
Nothing else has stood out to me from Air.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I must have missed your reasoning. Could you type again why you don't like those posts?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
pretty broad question, os. i think you should be more detailed with your questions lest you look like you're asking questions for the sake of asking

which i've felt you've been doing a lot of the past couple of days
The type of answers you receive to questions are just as indicative of alignment as the answers themselves. You know that.

M.K

Level 55
It's generally a bad thing for someone to say exactly what you'd say, and you have nothing new.

What do you think of Air Gemini, Zen?
For what it's worth, i want to keep an eye on him. His question (the one that Zen pointed out) was....questionable at best. Kinda seems like Mafia trying to hone in on their best target >:/

Haven't payed attention to Air at all. He seems like the general mafia player. Like everything he has said has been the basic right-thing-to-say.
Yeah pretty much

M-K stop being so resistant and hammer yo.
SADFACE. :freak:
There's a twilight phase...I'm not as confident about this lynch as others are, but I see and understand the points that are presented against Overswarm. OS, you've given a case on JF, but like others have said, where is this...information? I just feel like you're "don't hammer yet, don't hammer yet" hasn't exactly justified itself. BTDubs, it WAS decided that today was the day you were scheduled to die, it was very apparent.

I just feel like too many people are stuck on this for anything else to happen, and you've led us to this point already. Too many people are faceted on this lynch for it NOT to happen (better said, for any OTHER lynch to occur), you've solidified yourself in a position in which it's nearly impossible to avoid. You've got enough time to say what you need to say in the Twilight Phase if you've got anything left to say.

Vote: Overswarm

This flip is basically essential. My fear is that without lynching you, it would be a no lynch....which in turn would lead to Mafia killing someone gliding through this game (Rajam), and putting us back in the same position all over again.

>_< Sorry OS, but it needs to happen. You said itt yourself, you're setting yourself up to be both helpful and to get lynched, and you did, both, and I'll consider your info pending the flip.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You didn't ask for reasoning, you simply asked what I disagreed with.

-I don't agree with that kind of speculation.
-I didn't find anything suspicious about Rockin's claim.

So what did you get from all of this?

Answer: My time.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Poor move, Meta-Kirby!

Deadline was Monday. If you didn't want me lynched, you should have waited for someone else to vote. Lotsa people not voting for me right now, coulda been good to know.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Zen, you mind answering my question? You're being deliberately obtuse.

M.K

Level 55
Poor move, Meta-Kirby!

Deadline was Monday. If you didn't want me lynched, you should have waited for someone else to vote. Lotsa people not voting for me right now, coulda been good to know.
Those people are either:

a) Inactive.
b) Making no move to entertain the idea of defending you.
c) Not pushing for other lynch candidates.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Zen, you mind answering my question? You're being deliberately obtuse.
You didn't ask for reasoning, you simply asked what I disagreed with.

-I don't agree with that kind of speculation.
-I didn't find anything suspicious about Rockin's claim.

So what did you get from all of this?

Answer: My time.
So OS was your Jungle attack your big post or what?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Those people are either:

a) Inactive.
b) Making no move to entertain the idea of defending you.
c) Not pushing for other lynch candidates.
You know what that means, Meta-Kirby. That group has scum calmly sitting it; you had an entire day to fish them out and no one did anything. You're in a position where scum could have been forced to finish me off by coming out of the shadows, but instead you vote for them? Why? What does securing a townie lynch you don't want three days before the deadline do? Make you feel more socially accepted because a bunch of other people that think I'll flip town have a vote on me?

M.K

Level 55
Good to know you can be told what to do btw, Meta-Kirby :p
And I might survive the Day. I haven't decided yet. I've set it up for my lynch and I'm more worried that I'd get lynched much later in the game when it'd be more beneficial for scum.
It's not beneficial to keep you alive, whatever information you have you CAN say RIGHT now if you want to help us. You're just going to be the person everyone falls back upon, like you said aboove, where in late/end game, you'd be easy pickings.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So OS was your Jungle attack your big post or what?
No. Might not make it as I dunno if I'll have time; was planning on having toDay to post. Oh well!

Also, you still didn't post your reasoning. You just worded "I disagree" differently. Reasoning give.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think the amusing thing is that I'm arguably the most pro-town poster in the game at the moment.

Ask yourself this:

Who else has even done anything toDay? What is your lead for tomorrow?

Because you guys just wasted a day because someone who has a history of tunneling townies doesn't know what an example is, even after Rockin' cleared me.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Figures.

Are you asking why I don't agree with that kind of speculation? Pretty much because it's the major influence I use against town when I'm scum.

M.K

Level 55
You know what that means, Meta-Kirby. That group has scum calmly sitting it; you had an entire day to fish them out and no one did anything. You're in a position where scum could have been forced to finish me off by coming out of the shadows, but instead you vote for them? Why? What does securing a townie lynch you don't want three days before the deadline do? Make you feel more socially accepted because a bunch of other people that think I'll flip town have a vote on me?
Who says I don't have other suspicions? While the day has mainly revolved around you, I've noticed a couple of things that I'm going to observe throughout the day. You're putting way too much importance on the possibility of draining the life entirely from this day, when it's already gotten to the breaking point.
"you don't want" is not an accurate phrase. I've said throughout the day that I understand the suspicions on you, I waited to see if it was just your usual shenanigans or your DBZ OS play coming through again. Sadly, I can't say I'm as "gung-ho positive for sure, definitely brah" as Nich is about this lynch, but I'm curious to see your flip, as you've exuded a suspicious aura the entire time. :/
As I said before, I'm more confident lynching someone than no lynching. I've yet to be in a game where a No Lynch has saved town (sure , it might happen, but not in a game I've played in) and scrambling to form a quickie case on anyone else never ends up being something that seems to work. (Rockin in DGames Mafia, SSBF [lmfao] in Smash Bros, inactives all the time forever, etc)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
at this rate Rajam is either going to be replaced or modkilled.

i also have a few questions i want to ask before the day ends after doing a small reread but im a bit busy at work at the moment. i'll ask them when i get home later today.

sold can die if he doesnt step it up. hard.
zen is fine. close to hand level but not quite there.
air plays the exact same way in every mafia game i've been in with him. i think he's secretly a mafia genius but yea i have a null read on him.
swords is cool.
hilt makes me nervous.
tiger can die. where is he btw? oh he vla'd.
jungle can die for overall uselessness.
rockin is obv town.

@zen: i told him that a long time ago.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
and before the lap is over

takes secret bumper shortcut across the grass and stage to take the lead

oh yeaa

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I like how OS can make me feel he's town by saying "I'm town."

@MK- How did you/do you feel about OS, alignment wise?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
@Mod: When someone is lynched/flips, do we learn their position?
no

---------------------------------------------

The finish line (Deadline) is in 3 laps (September 13, 2010 11:59PM EST)! wait...it looks like the lap has finished early and one of our racers has been hit by one too many koopa shells!

It takes 8/14 to lynch!

Lap (Day) 1 Vote Count 9:
Nicholas1024: Sold2 (
)
Overswarm: Nicholas1024, Ronike, Omni, TigerWoods, Mark Benford, Zεη, SwordsRBroken, Meta-Kirby (
)
TigerWoods: Rockin (
)
Omni: Rajam (
)
Airgemini: Airgemini (
)
Hilt: Hilt (
)
Junglefever: Overswarm (
)

Overswarm, Toad, Vanilla Townie has been lynched!

time for a pit stop! better get back on the track by September 13, 2010 11:59PM EST* or be left in the dust!

(* = deadline for night actions derp)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
everyone leaves the pit stop and an ENORMOUS blue shell slams into the station holy cow! luckily no one was still there and everyone is ready to begin lap 2!

the finish line (deadline) is in 10 laps (september 25, 2010 11:59pm est)!

it takes 7/13 to lynch!

the game has been put into ACCELLERATED START!

lap (day) 2 vote count 1:
swordsrbroken: airgemini (
)
ronike: omni (
)
meta-kirby: sold2 (
)
omni: zεη (
)
hilt: rockin (
)
sold2: hilt (
)
nicholas1024: ronike (
)
airgemini: rajam (
)
rajam: tigerwoods (
)
tigerwoods: nicholas1024 (
)
rockin: meta-kirby (
)
zεη: junglefever (
)
junglefever: swordsrbroken (
)

FEEL FREE TO APPRECIATE THE *****IN MUSIC THAT IS NOW IN THE OP

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Going to bed now (I don't check smashboards after 4:30 most days).

If we're not going to lynch me toDay, I'd say lynch Junglefever. View his posts in the thread. -_-;;

Zen is posting much more than he did as town in previous games. Just a note.

My updated plan, depending on the mod's response, was to get someone else lynched toDay and then post my role PM during twilight so that we both died (two lynches for town!), but this apparently causes two Night phases and is an unacceptable course of action.

--

1. Ronike
2. Nicholas1024
3. Mark Benford (Jungle Fever)
4. SwordsRBroken
5. Overswarm
6. Meta-Kirby
7. Rockin
8. Airgemini
9. Zεη
10. Rajam
11. Sold2 replaces Vult Redux
12. Hilt
13. TigerWoods
14. Omni

--

*snip*
EBWDP: Nich should be yellow
Just wanted to quote OS's last scumlist before he got lynched. I'm going to look closely into the red ones (aside from me of course) and their interaction with OS sometime in the next few days.

M.K

Level 55
Just wanted to quote OS's last scumlist before he got lynched. I'm going to look closely into the red ones (aside from me of course) and their interaction with OS sometime in the next few days.
Lookin' at chu.
Where did that "oh so confident OS is scum" go?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Lookin' at chu.
Where did that "oh so confident OS is scum" go?
In the trash when I saw the flip. I'm not going to bother ATE and yell and scream several days after the fact in the thread. I AM disappointed (and I plan to yell at OS come postgame), but I've got better things to do than write up that rant right now.

Rajam

Smash Champion
@ Ronike:
- Null read at the moment, though I don't like his first words in #322:
Since you apparently need hand holding:

Why? If we know Marshy won't be doing what you are proposing we rely on, why would we not meta the mod?

Isn't this three?

That being said, I think it RANDOM, but if its not I agree that the third one is least likely.

Wrong. If we get a dead Bowser scum, I wouldn't assume we have bad guy mafia until we see a Wario scum, or maybe a Baby scum.

Are you suggesting if a mafia partner claims we lynch them immediately? Cause thats a great way to get a mislynch.

Also, again, I want to point out that I highly doubt that there are predetermined scum partners. Predetermined Partners I may be able to swallow, but if it is predetermined I'd be 99% sure that mafia members are randomized.

How would this help us? But it does bring up the possibility of different likely partners, which again further keeps us from safely using meta.

or C] You're scum and lying with a safe claim/real claim

I once again point out murphy's law. Until I see more Paired Partners I highly doubt Predetermined Partners.

OS, think HOW many games BR lost because they got overfocused on meta and the mod had made precautions to avoid it. And you want to make the same mistake? Seriously man, you make me want to vomit sometimes...
Seems like a very hidden intent of trying to befriend Omni... maybe it's nothing, but I don't like it very much.

@ Nicholas:
- I have a strong town read on you, mostly because you were the one who catched on OS "slip". Now, mafia could have this "info" too (town not knowing their partners' characters), but your agressive play and compromise makes me have good vibes about you as town, despite OS finally flipped town.
- Don't assume partners are from the same alliance. For example, Mario could be town and Luigi mafia (...); also, scum partners could have safe claims, for example, Mario and Bowser could be partners and Bowser could have a Luigi safeclaim... just throwing some ideas; do not asume anything until some flips suggest otherwise.
- About claiming if you want to switch or not: I agree with both Omni and OS: we can claim this early in the game, but maybe we should drop that idea later to do not let scum gain important information.

@ Junglefever:
- Not liking at the moment.
- Post #217:
This exchange I found interesting:

I've been scummates with JungleFever, and he enjoys doing two things as scum: pressuring scummates when they aren't in danger and hiding. He's done both this game if Tiger Woods is scum, neither of which I like.
What's your response to this? Your playstyle has been kind of scummy too, with bursts of activity in "convenient" moments...¿?

M.K

Level 55
@ Nicholas:
- I have a strong town read on you, mostly because you were the one who catched on OS "slip".
Are you dense? OS flipped town, VANILLA town, the person with the least amount of information about ANYTIHNG.

Top Bottom