• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
im looking and he didnt disagree with me. dude made some bad moves off stage period.
yeah it's true that he made some of the wrong choices but his options are limited. Unless he misfires every time Luigi's recovery is Mediocre>bad depending on stage and who he's fighting. If your crafty enough you can even force luigi to meteor cancel by hitting him with a meteor. If they decide to make all true spikes or at least Most moves spikes then luigi will really need the recovery anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7_2Y6_h8XM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-7nzhWSWK4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLYsynFUbNU

All I'm saying Luigi can do really well if you know how to use him and if you know his Match-ups but he struggles at higher levels against higher characters. When Ka-Master started winning with Luigi it showed his potential but also showed how much the Match-up was unknown to most. Now that more people know how to exploit Luigi's limited options it's more difficult to win with him at higher levels in melee. If his down B is better leave it for now imo until the balancing phase starts(way down the road!!!!!).

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Every one of the videos you want to demonstrate Luigi's poor recovery are against like, the top of the top players in the metagame. They do that to every character regardless.

I would certainly hope at least, that Mango would be able to gimp someone much less relatively known.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I'm guessing it's more like: luigi's recovery is long. however, long doesn't always = good

See: Pit

Is that it?

-back to silence-

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Not counting a misfire it's pretty easy to intercept his recovery. It's usually clear when Luigi is going to use Down B, and you can just prepare to smack him out when he's done with Down B even if you can't directly intercept it (which I can see being hard for some characters). His recovery has a ton of distance, but he is so slow in the air that he is more of a sitting duck than anything.
Luckily for me, G&W stupid easy gimping. Misfire ain't got nothing on Nair mang.
Then again most recoveries ain't got nothing on Nair...

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Every one of the videos you want to demonstrate Luigi's poor recovery are against like, the top of the top players in the metagame. They do that to every character regardless.

I would certainly hope at least, that Mango would be able to gimp someone much less relatively known.
I'm glad you picked up on that because I did that deliberately. Best of Luigi's come up short at that level every time.

I'm guessing it's more like: luigi's recovery is long. however, long doesn't always = good

See: Pit
yeah pretty much. the same situation just different games/physics

being adding :
You are God!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
so the backroom decided not to add in Mewtwo and Roy. Instead, we're adding in Jynx and Blastoise at my discretion. sorry JediKnight

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
We already have a Link clone.
Toon Link.
But we still need a Marth clone.
Roy.
Yeah, I know. And that's a much better argument than what he tried to make.

In Melee, YL and Link are as different from one another as Roy is to Marth.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
In that case, we need a Ganondorf clone.

Oh wait, Captain Falcon.

totallynottheotherwayaround

D

Deleted member

Whoa.... is that clone engine 100% functional or is it still a work in progress?

It'll be interesting to see if and how Roy, Pichu, and Mewtwo will be adjusted to play well in P:M.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Something I've been wondering for a while now, how do kirby and other Melee low-tiers currently fair right now? Are they still awful?

Also, I recall something earlier in the thread about how you guys are balancing the cast. If so, is it to Fox, or below him? Or will you keep lower tiered characters lower tier to preserve matchups from Melee?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Something I've been wondering for a while now, how do kirby and other Melee low-tiers currently fair right now? Are they still awful?

Also, I recall something earlier in the thread about how you guys are balancing the cast. If so, is it to Fox, or below him? Or will you keep lower tiered characters lower tier to preserve matchups from Melee?
Definitely not. Balance is definitely a goal.

OverLade

Smash Hero
We already have a build of Roy that feels almost exactly like Melee Roy. The only problem is that he's garbage and needs to be significantly buffed. So no issues there.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Alrighty, that's great.
Just something I've always thought playing Brawl: Kirby's FThrow really feels like it should combo into DJ->FAir. Just a random idea.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Most low tier Melee characters are already considerably better than they were in Melee. Bowser, DK, G&W, Kirby, Link, Luigi, Mario, Ness, Pikachu, Samus, Yoshi, and Zelda for example. ;)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Characters that were bad in Melee but were buffed in brawl had their movesets selectively reverted back to Melee or 64, only reverting moves that were better back then or too unbalanced in brawl.

smakis

Smash Ace
is kirbys 64 nair final? or will the animation be adjusted? because right now it looks so stupid lol

also when i played a month ago at sny i tried some ics, and the normal desynchs arent working anymore (rolling, spotdodging, buffereing while in hitstun etc), will you be able to recreate that?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So long as Kirby is playable now, I'm happy.

Just wondering, what's an example of an unbalancing move that was reverted?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Mewtwo is the most unique of the fallen five no arguing that. Aside from neutral B him and Lucario are almost nothing alike. Infact I wouldn't mind seeing Taj vs Lee Martin when this is released:chuckle:

Everyone else is pretty much a worse version of someone else with the exception of Doc.

Doc. hmmmmm....with current Mario Doc might not be needed. His addition would mean undoing alot of whats been done to PM Mario and I'm not sure they want to go through that. If they do then that means they'll end up having to do something crazy unique with Mario or Doc...or both.

Roy is a ****ty character. end of discussion. Making him better would mean fixing his spike, Making his aerials actually have knockback and giving him better recovery options and perhaps a better counter....however the end result of fixing Roy means he'll be probably better then Ike and Marth....so i dunno what to say there.

Pichu is the worse character in the history of any Smash game hacked or not hacked. If anything you could use the clone engine to put Raichu in or something. :psycho:

Young Link.................I don't even know what to say about young link. I say cancel hybrid toon link and buff young link and see how he look and feels. If results are bad...scrap him

Sterowent

Smash Ace
So long as Kirby is playable now, I'm happy.

Just wondering, what's an example of an unbalancing move that was reverted?
EDIT: I MISUNDERSTOOD; THIS IS **** THAT ISN"T REVERTED
kirby's...well, a lot of kirby.
likely a bunch of zelda too (no fallout smashes)
Ganon's SideB.

EDIT: HERE, AN EXAMPLE OF REVERTED
Some moves were too good, though, like marth's DB. in cases like that for high/top tiers, reversion often happens preemptively for the sake of avoiding balance issues down the road.

so, i posted this in the Roy PSA topic:

bump, because, while i'm sure people are going to be searching for this again, it'd be convenient to have on the first page.

these vertex hacks are very much appreciated. i hope they continue to evolve into the most professional morph possible. how did marth's look change between games? i'd like to see a morph that reflects this transition, but with roy's melee form to a hypothetical roy had he been kept in brawl. all request, of course, since i'm a bum.

small request to big projects that happen to pick up this character as a new WIP under their wing: keep the PSA gimmick the same! it's intelligent use of a wasted tipper! yes, it changes roy's melee game, but how much of roy's metagame in melee develop under the notion that most of his moveset was balls? food for thought. also, if you could keep his sword the same range as marth's brawl sword, he could be more of the appropriately rush down type of sword wielder his physics suggested he'd be.

thanks for reading, and happy slashing!
figured it was relevant here too. also, great graphical work done in that thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom