• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I would have assumed his (Luigi's) recovery was average still. Unless his down-b has decent priority or something.

I'm sure the characters who **** people off the edge still **** Luigi though. I really don't see Sheik, Marth, Fox, Jigglypuff having a hard time with keeping him offstage to be honest.

Balance phase comes later...

Edit: I wonder if his fsmash is as powerful as it is in vBrawl. BigLou would freak if it were as good.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I would have assumed his (Luigi's) recovery was average still. Unless his down-b has decent priority or something.

I'm sure the characters who **** people off the edge still **** Luigi though. I really don't see Sheik, Marth, Fox, Jigglypuff having a hard time with keeping him offstage to be honest.

Balance phase comes later...

Edit: I wonder if his fsmash is as powerful as it is in vBrawl. BigLou would freak if it were as good.
the keeping him offstage was one of the points =/

what is with you guys

stop talking about nerfing and buffing ****

you dont even have access to the game
Uhh.. k? That's why i asked(not stated) if it was going to be toned down or if they thought it was fine because of the ease of edgeguarding him.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter if we don't have access to the game Neko, we see videos/streams, still I do agree with you that it's way to early to be talking about nerfs/buffs(Everything is subject to change :)), but I guess we got nothing better to do xD

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Uhh.. k? That's why i asked(not stated) if it was going to be toned down or if they thought it was fine because of the ease of edgeguarding him.
wasn't really aimed at you but k

It doesn't matter if we don't have access to the game Neko, we see videos/streams, still I do agree with you that it's way to early to be talking about nerfs/buffs(Everything is subject to change :)), but I guess we got nothing better to do xD
dude it shows. lol.

why don't yall make fan trailers from clips of PM that exist already. rofl.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
what is with you guys

stop talking about nerfing and buffing ****

you dont even have access to the game
obviously that was aimed at me sora, but i don't need access to the game when jump+down b mashing+ up b goes off screen off the top. even if it is an easy move to edgeguard.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
obviously that was aimed at me sora, but i don't need access to the game when jump+down b mashing+ up b goes off screen off the top. even if it is an easy move to edgeguard.

Eh, i just assumed it was aimed at me until someone said otherwise.

He also said "what is with you guys" which means more than one person so i assumed it was everyone who had anything to do with the conversation.
Sorry. I'll go back to being silent for now. ^_^

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i am also highly amused at people worrying about buffs and nerfs and **** when those are the very last step of the pre-releasing stage of the design process. it's called refine the design

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Dispite having great DownB recovery options now Luigi still got beat by IC's:psycho:.

After taking a closer look I could see how it might need to be nerfed a little or at least make it harder to go that high. However the charge effect should be left out. Being forced to have to use it on stage is very much a wasted motion in tournaments that some times can be the difference between losing and winning.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
I feel as though with the capabilities that the designers of PM have, we have a unique position to be able to mesh the best of both games (melee and brawl). what we were all hoping for when brawl came out is that is was going to be just like melee but with more characters and better graphics and etc. An upgrade per say. The creaters of PM clearly have the skills, knowledge, and most importantly; the passion to create what WE all have always wanted for Brawl. I say let them do their thing and leave the "boosting" and "nerfing" comments to the final stages of the games development. It's something that will be worked on last and thus should be commented on last.

Revven

FrankerZ
EDIT:

btw im curious, i saw that new Luigi "greenmisslemisfirestucktothewallthingy"......does that have any relative links to Melee's wall grappling mechanic??

(awesome SFX and animation btw...kinda lolzy)
The "colliding with wall" property Side B has was in Brawl already, we didn't add it. Secondly, no it probably will not help us with tethers. Tethers are entirely different, how many times do we have to say this?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The "colliding with wall" property Side B has was in Brawl already, we didn't add it. Secondly, no it probably will not help us with tethers. Tethers are entirely different, how many times do we have to say this?
This is the first time I've seen this particular answer and question.

Revven

FrankerZ
What? No, the tether question has come up a lot. The question about Luigi Side B was new, you're right, but it wouldn't help at all in fixing tethers.

We have said before that tethers do work differently as far as how "collision" stuff goes. People suggested similar things to Luigi Side B soooo why can't you assume that it wouldn't be any different?

The point is, it's ridiculous to code and it probably won't be done either for a long time or never.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Just don't take out Luigi sticking to walls. Or a friend of mine will never play this, and I'd like him to end up playing. For him, it's all the little things that make Luigi Luigi.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
So how's the progress on Bowser? I hardly see any videos of him, guess he's not really refined yet right?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
He's been getting some more refining TLC, yes, generally cutting down and adjusting his Armor frames and tweaking some of his other moves to work better. He's almost ready for a more formal unveiling.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I think the luigi collision is pretty cool.
his down-b recovery doesnt seem that great to me, but like everyone says, who cares at this point.

I showed some youtube vids to some of my friends and they got pretty hyped. Keep up the great work!

Frogles

Smash Ace
I'm not saying anything about balance I'm just saying why should luigi go back to this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh00YgVQbLQ
im not really familiar with many of the melee pros so i dont know how successful this dude is as a luigi player but he made some terrible decisions when he was off the edge. you almost never want to use your jump before you missle (he did this multiple times) and you certainly dont want to ****ing luigi tornado from above when you're so close to the stage.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Eddie Mexico is one of the best Luigi players (probably in the world). He's beaten Lucky, almost (I know almost doesn't really count but still) Zhu, and is one of SoCal's best players. don't question the Weegee!

I feel like like his down+b recovery makes up for his side+b being worse.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
im not really familiar with many of the melee pros so i dont know how successful this dude is as a luigi player but he made some terrible decisions when he was off the edge. you almost never want to use your jump before you missle (he did this multiple times) and you certainly dont want to ****ing luigi tornado from above when you're so close to the stage.
See the guy below

Eddie Mexico is one of the best Luigi players (probably in the world). He's beaten Lucky, almost (I know almost doesn't really count but still) Zhu, and is one of SoCal's best players. don't question the Weegee!

I feel like like his down+b recovery makes up for his side+b being worse.
Glad someone who knows about melee luigi decided to comment on it. ;)

If Mango can make the person who's easily top 3 luigi's in the world look like an amateur then we don't wanna go back to that at all. Since were not in the balancing phase and so far that boost hasn't showed any signs of being OP'd then leave it for now imo.

So I herd Mario's cape isn't as gud as it was in Melee yo. Is it still good for preventing recoveries or can the person he's edge guarding grab the edge backwards?
He has to work for his capes now it seems. He also has this funny cape glitch that is to hard for me to describe but funny as hell.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Mario can super man off the ledge though for the some of the sexiest gimps evar though :D

G

genkaku

Yeah, I think Marth's, I mean, Yoshi's Story could use the lack of Shy Guys. They just cost me a match.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Your face is a gimmick character.

So I herd Mario's cape isn't as gud as it was in Melee yo. Is it still good for preventing recoveries or can the person he's edge guarding grab the edge backwards?
Mario's cape has Doc's KB values, and also reverses the players momentum ala Brawl. We've fixed a lot of the backwards grabbing as well.

The cape always does 10 damage, and can hit through shields.

There are 3 hitboxes, positioned similar to Doc's, meaning he can more easily hit sweetspotting characters compared to Mario's Cape.

He gets a rise in momentum from the aerial version like Mario's.

And as Plum said, running off the ledge and caping ('ACE') gets you a large momentum boost for sexy gimps.

It's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom